Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2006 :  21:14:42  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

I think that I have to put my dwarven hands in the RoTE soon.

'Tis a very worthy tome. It has my recommendations.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  00:35:00  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, a change-up from the lanky fireballer.

Information instead of dis-information. Or is it??

Knowing you though, I will venture a guess that nothing you said is 100% accurate.

Here are my predictions for "Depths",

What Erik said translated to what he's hiding.

.... around 320 pages, = Awesome!!!! A trilogy for sure

"It's a fantasy thriller where a number of prisoners have to band together.." = Hmmm a happy love story about a hopeless loner, who must rely on herself.

Main Character is Twilight = Main character is a Gnome Sorcerer with a cameo by Twilight.

Taslin is on the cover not Twilight = Taslin is Twilight's middle name. (hmmm...Fox "Taslin" at Twilight, doesn't exactly flow though)

"Nope. The cover's deceptive -- much like the novel itself." = Darn, they got the cover dead on, it gives away the whole Damn Book!!

Soundtrack of Evanescence and Kitty = Peter Paul & Marry with a little dash of Shakira (Twilight's Hips Don't Lie)

Oh yes and the reward for discovering any easter eggs, "And a jolly pat on the head -- digitally speaking, of course" = a raspberry, digital of course.

Seriously,

Thanks for sharing, I for one expected no teasers and would have been ok without any.

But I prefer your option Teasers can only help word of mouth spread. Which has to be good for the Esteemed Author. I know it's good for the 'Keep.

P.S.
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
Well, if you ever see that joke out of, say, Derst's lips, or perhaps the lovely ones of Twilight, know that I was thinking of you.

Ahhh, if only, then I would be a jolly an Englishman as you!! (You are an Insufferable tease aren't you?)*but I can always hope can't I*

edit: Sp

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 18 Sep 2006 03:56:05
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2006 :  06:02:55  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Information instead of dis-information. Or is it??

Ha! My shadowing done for me. I guess the deception system is in place. That's how evil works, you know -- systems.

quote:
Knowing you though, I will venture a guess that nothing you said is 100% accurate.

Oh no -- to quote the Man -- "What I told you was true. . . from a certain point of view."

quote:
Here are my predictions for "Depths",

What Erik said translated to what he's hiding.

This'll be good.

quote:
.... around 320 pages, = Awesome!!!! A trilogy for sure

Ah, I long for the day.

quote:
Main Character is Twilight = Main character is a Gnome Sorcerer with a cameo by Twilight.

A gnome is mentioned in Depths. But does he/she/neuter appear? Hmm.

quote:
Taslin is on the cover not Twilight = Taslin is Twilight's middle name. (hmmm...Fox "Taslin" at Twilight, doesn't exactly flow though)

It bears pointing out that "Fox-at-Twilight" is NOT her real name.

And that Twilight has BLACK hair. Specifically, MIDNIGHT black hair -- you know, the kind that almost seems blue in certain lights.

quote:
Soundtrack of Evanescence and Kitty = Peter Paul & Marry with a little dash of Shakira (Twilight's Hips Don't Lie)

LOL!

Though I must say Shakira does feature on the (largely mythical thus far) Twilight playlist.

quote:
(You are an Insufferable tease aren't you?)*but I can always hope can't I*

I rather doubt you'd have it any other way.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 18 Sep 2006 06:04:45
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  03:16:49  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Ha! My shadowing done for me. I guess the deception system is in place. That's how evil works, you know -- systems.

Hmmm....Until Evil turns upon itself. Mwa Ha Ha. Am I helping you or myself?

quote:
Oh no -- to quote the Man -- "What I told you was true. . . from a certain point of view."
Don't let "The MAN" keep you down dude...

quote:
This'll be good.
Uh Oh.....Expectations
Thank goodness I don't have a deadline or an Editor

quote:
Ah, I long for the day.
It'll happen.....

Or it won't. Problem is no matter how worthy you are, they aren't just throwing them around.

quote:
A gnome is mentioned in Depths. But does he/she/neuter appear? Hmm.

A neutered Gnome huh? ....*when reached for comment "Th Red Walker" replied: "No Comment. Thank You"

quote:
It bears pointing out that "Fox-at-Twilight" is NOT her real name.

And that Twilight has BLACK hair. Specifically, MIDNIGHT black hair -- you know, the kind that almost seems blue in certain lights.

Hmm...think I'll try to forget that one for now, could be fun to speculate in the Book Club about that.(An aspect of Mystra.....surely not....)

quote:

LOL!

Though I must say Shakira does feature on the (largely mythical thus far) Twilight playlist.

Yeah, that an obvious vibe she has isn't it?

quote:

Do I get a choice?

Back to Darkvision!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  15:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
Don't let "The MAN" keep you down dude...

The man as in Alec Guinness -- one of the finest actors ever born.

quote:
It'll happen.....

Or it won't.

More or less.

quote:
(An aspect of Mystra.....surely not....)

I must say *that* is not something I had considered.

quote:

quote:

Yeah, that an obvious vibe she has isn't it?

When you're right you're right.

quote:
quote:

Do I get a choice?

Sure you do! Ok -- no.

Cheers

Mod Edit: Fixed the wonky coding that made the quotes appear large, blue, and off-center.

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 19 Sep 2006 16:31:42
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  04:03:56  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The man as in Alec Guinness -- one of the finest actors ever born.

Ahhhh.....The Bridge on the River Kwai, one of the finest movies ever made.

Hmmm....what did you say about Depths of Madness? "...a number of prisoners have to band together, pitting their wits and skills to escape....."

Have I found the first Easter Egg from "Depths of Madness" ?
quote:

More or less.

I'd say your chances are more rather than less. Your foot is definitely in the Man's door though.
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker(An aspect of Mystra.....surely not....)
quote:

I must say *that* is not something I had considered.

Good, 'cause i totally mad it up to throw myself offtrack, I was getting too close.

quote:
When you're right you're right.

And Shakira is always right

[quote]Sure you do! Ok -- no.

Thank You Sir....May I have another?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2006 :  06:52:19  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the vote of confidence! I'll try not to disappoint.

quote:

Hmmm....what did you say about Depths of Madness? "...a number of prisoners have to band together, pitting their wits and skills to escape....."

Have I found the first Easter Egg from "Depths of Madness" ?

Ah, but that would be too obvious!

The E.E.s in question would be specific, rather than thematic, and references either to music (lyrics), TV or movies (particular scenes).

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  14:53:10  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah, but that would be too obvious!

Which would be the last thing I would expect from you, so........Hmmm.
quote:

The E.E.s in question would be specific, rather than thematic, and references either to music (lyrics), TV or movies (particular scenes).

Ok, so which prisoner get solitary confinement in a little metal box out in the sun?

And which one takes too much pride in building a bridge for their captors?

P.S. On a serious note:

Do you have any input on choosing the font for the text of the book? And or the Cover/Spine/Backcover?
Or is that totally up to the "Man"?

edit: Cleaned up confusing Grammar

Edited by - The Red Walker on 25 Sep 2006 15:01:01
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  15:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do you have any input on choosing the font for the text of the book? And or the Cover/Spine/Backcover?
Or is that totally up to the "Man"?

The font is, I believe, standard to the Wizards books (I know I haven't noticed any difference from book to book -- perhaps there is, and it's just been subtle). The size of the font, and how many lines are on each page, depends mostly on the word count. Ghostwalker was around 98k in its final draft, I believe, so it got squeezed nice and cozy on those pages. Depths is shorter, so the font will be a little bigger to read (or, rather, the page numbers might be increased in size).

I have absolutely no input on the back cover or on the cover design. Though it's conceivable I'll consult on it, I won't write the back text. That's for my editor or one of the powers-that-be (PTB) at Wizards. The first time I see it is usually when you guys do, if not slightly after (I often find it only after other message boarders point it out to me!). :)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Dremvek
Seeker

70 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  16:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Dremvek's Homepage Send Dremvek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The font is, I believe, standard to the Wizards books (I know I haven't noticed any difference from book to book -- perhaps there is, and it's just been subtle).

FR Books have all had the same or similar font, as far as I can tell, but Eberron books have a significantly different font - one that's much harder to read in my opinion - tires out the eyes, anyway.

In either case - still impatiently waiting for Depths to come out.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  17:35:24  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dremvek

FR Books have all had the same or similar font, as far as I can tell, but Eberron books have a significantly different font - one that's much harder to read in my opinion - tires out the eyes, anyway.

Ah yes -- I hadn't thought about Eberron books with that statement. To date, I've only read City of Towers, and that was two years ago. Not because I don't like reading about the world (which I admire, a great deal), but because of time issues.

quote:
In either case - still impatiently waiting for Depths to come out.

You and me both, buddy.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2006 :  16:14:22  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you gotten to check out the new Evanescence yet?(The Open Door)

It fits well with your writing I'm thinking that "call me when your sober" puts to mind, Light telling Yldar to look her up when he's over that wacko sister of his.

P.S. You really should have a wish list on your amazon profile

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2006 :  19:52:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yes! That's CD's out now, isn't it.

Must go check it out. Thanks for the reminder!

As it happens, "Call me when you're sober" is, indeed, on the Twilight playlist.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  03:08:49  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh yes! That's CD's out now, isn't it.

Must go check it out. Thanks for the reminder!

No problem, I had a spare minute from harvest and had a feeling you might be busy with other things. I was thinking of sending it as a thank you for the "great reads", but alas no wish list on amazon
quote:

As it happens, "Call me when you're sober" is, indeed, on the Twilight playlist.

I had a feeling it was the first time I heard it. The first verse she sings with the piano sums up her and Yldar very well.
Hmmm....has Amy Lee read de Bie??

Just trying to figure out how to transition from that into Shakira!

Now its time for this Farmer to sleep, so as not to while driving the combine tommorrow!!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 04 Oct 2006 03:14:52
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2006 :  03:21:40  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the thoughts! I'll go out and snap up that CD pretty quick, though.

Rest assured that if Twilight were a modern woman (and, you know, real), Evanescence would be her favorite band. She even kinda looks like Amy Lee, though, I suppose, more elfy. And a little more delicate. Amy has some substance to her these days -- think of the My Immortal video, in her really skinny days. That's more like Twilight.

As for the transition, Amy Lee = sexy = Shakira. There we go.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  12:58:09  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I appreciate the thoughts! I'll go out and snap up that CD pretty quick, though.

Rest assured that if Twilight were a modern woman (and, you know, real), Evanescence would be her favorite band. She even kinda looks like Amy Lee, though, I suppose, more elfy. And a little more delicate. Amy has some substance to her these days -- think of the My Immortal video, in her really skinny days. That's more like Twilight.

As for the transition, Amy Lee = sexy = Shakira. There we go.

Cheers

Ah yes, the starving artist phase. Amazing what a top selling album can do.

And Damn those elves for being so svelte!!

I think that you need to have an evil elf in a story, with a twist.
Make him/her obese!! If their character has went evil would not their personal habits as well? Seems like all evil elves are still very much elf-like! When they should be less so, much like a serial killer seems less than human.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  15:47:56  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure elves *can* be obese -- though I suppose they can be fat. As I recall, a drow lady in at least one of Elaine's novels isn't skinny -- obese to her people.

I shall consider this.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  16:04:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm... Interesting.

The Lady K and I just picked up this CD today. So, it'll certainly add to the atmosphere once we finally start reading about Twilight.

We appreciate the info Erik.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 05 Oct 2006 16:14:16
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  18:17:10  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are quite welcome, sir!

There will likely be a "Twilight playlist" that I'll end up posting on my blog, upon which Evanescence will feature prominently. I'm recompiling the playlist now, as I'm going through my final editing on Depths. Twilight is quite in my mind at the moment.

When I write, I listen to a number of modern rock bands about three quarters of the time -- whoever I think best represents who the character is to me. For instance, Walker (of Ghostwalker) is A Perfect Circle kind of fellow.

Other times, I do listen to medieval music (and the Lady Shel, my much-better-half, has a music history M.A., so you can bet we've got quite the collection) or music of the style commonly thereby associated (LotR soundtracks) while I'm writing.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  01:56:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You are quite welcome, sir!

There will likely be a "Twilight playlist" that I'll end up posting on my blog, upon which Evanescence will feature prominently. I'm recompiling the playlist now, as I'm going through my final editing on Depths. Twilight is quite in my mind at the moment.
Oooh! Then I'll be on the lookout for that. Any other hints as to what'll be on the playlist?

quote:
Other times, I do listen to medieval music (and the Lady Shel, my much-better-half, has a music history M.A., so you can bet we've got quite the collection) or music of the style commonly thereby associated (LotR soundtracks) while I'm writing.
::looks at my own collection::

Yes, I believe I have some idea as to what your collection is like.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  03:00:38  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance we will have 'Light's playlist when the book comes out?

Nothing better to go with a good book than good music I'd say.

And I think it would help to understand the character better if we listen to what inspires her.

Thanks!

*fighting the urge for a page long query*

And Sage,

It's a heck of an album, hope you and your lady enjoy as much as me and mine!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2006 :  02:10:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I imagine it'll appear in February, sometime, in preparation for Depths.

But I mean, technically, the character's already out there, so it could appear any time between now and then.

The only time it couldn't appear is in the past, because while I once invented a time machine, I went back in time to stop myself from doing it.

The consequences were not pretty.

You'd have loved calorie-free organic donuts.

And bladeball.

Sigh. . . .

Ahem -- but it will definitely appear before the book, unless I, you know, die, or something.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2006 :  02:30:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I imagine it'll appear in February, sometime, in preparation for Depths.
Neat.

quote:
The only time it couldn't appear is in the past, because while I once invented a time machine, I went back in time to stop myself from doing it.
I know about time travel...

You see, I discovered some time travel technology that one of my ancestors invented. I used it to travel back in time to ancient Egypt, where I became the Pharaoh Rama-Tut. I ruled there until I was driven off by some time-displaced heroes of the 20th century. Following that conflict, I left the past and travelled to a post-apocalyptic 40th century where I reinvented myself briefly as the Scarlet Centurion before settling on the identity of . . . . . Who?

The rest is history.

quote:
And bladeball.
No, no... Speedball is better!

Edited by - The Sage on 07 Oct 2006 02:33:57
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2006 :  18:59:59  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

The rest is history.

Ha!

Yeah, they had good time travel in the old days -- these days, it's only other dimensions/realities that you get to through matter transferrance and big machines, where they wear CHAINMAIL in the 13th-15th centuries. (Damn it, Crichton!)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  05:06:03  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Holidays! I come bearing gifts.

Well, a gift that I like, anyway.

The product page for Depths:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/959727400

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  09:17:55  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, is this novel set in Undermountain, I wonder ...

The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  15:57:03  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Swordsage

Hmmm, is this novel set in Undermountain, I wonder ...

The Swordsage

Maybe . . . maybe not.

I won't say where it takes place because, as is hinted in the novel description, the heroes don't even know where it takes place.

I seem to think you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2006 :  00:51:07  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Happy Holidays! I come bearing gifts.

Well, a gift that I like, anyway.

I like it too. Thanks!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2006 :  23:46:38  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once more, popping in with gifts (or, rather, gift--singular).

I promised The Sage a Twilight playlist and, well, here it is:

Sweet Sacrifice, Evanescence
You Give Love a Bad Name, Bon Jovi
Bitch, Meredith Brooks
Pain, Jimmy Eat World
Bring Me to Life, Evanescence
Raspberry Swirl, Tori Amos
Out of Control, She Wants Revenge
Last Breath, Evanescence
Shame, Stabbing Westward
Whenever, Wherever, Shakira
Iiee, Tori Amos
Spookshow Baby, Rob Zombie
All That I'm Living For, Evanescence
Paperdoll, Kittie
Meaning of Life, Disturbed
Ojos Asi, Shakira
My Immortal, Evanescence
Evil Angel, Breaking Benjamin
Breathe, Melissa Etheridge
Because of You, Kelly Clarkson

Explanations of each of these songs (i.e. why they're included, etc.) are on my blog: http://eriksdb.livejournal.com

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 22 Dec 2006 23:47:09
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2006 :  00:16:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I promised The Sage a Twilight playlist and, well, here it is:
And I'm more than appreciative... Thank you Erik. A lovely gift indeed.

Though I'm not familiar with most of these songs, I'm glad to see EV tracks from more than TOD made it onto Twilight's playlist. Neat.

quote:
Sweet Sacrifice, Evanescence
I had a feeling you'd select this. Though, your reasoning about it reminding you of the Depths only intrigue me more.

quote:
Bring Me to Life, Evanescence
I guess I'll have to read "The Greatest Treasure" again when Depths of Madness is released.

quote:
Last Breath, Evanescence
"Safe inside myself." Hmmm... a nice pyschological fit for Twilight, I think.

quote:
All That I'm Living For, Evanescence
Considering the bitterness in Twilight's character... I'm almost tempted to say that the acoustic version of ATILF would be more appropriate. There's far more emotion... though, an exciting choice overall.

quote:
My Immortal, Evanescence
I personally prefer the piano/vocal only version, but again, another intriguing choice. You've got me interested in another character as well now... especially "Meaning of Life" with regard to Twilight.

All excellent suggestions Erik. I happily approve.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000