Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  17:11:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't want to speculate. Obviously, I have more story to tell, and if you want to see it, the game hasn't changed. Keep talking it up online and with friends, post reviews on Amazon/Goodreads/WotC's forum, and make your voice heard on WotC's site.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  18:21:08  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I wouldn't want to speculate. Obviously, I have more story to tell, and if you want to see it, the game hasn't changed. Keep talking it up online and with friends, post reviews on Amazon/Goodreads/WotC's forum, and make your voice heard on WotC's site.

Cheers

Hence my tweet to you and Paul about some sort of guidelines for writing a book review. I am just not sure what to say on book reviews. Also, I am interested in how to write a respectful review of a book that you did not necessarily enjoy (don't worry, none of yours ).

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  19:05:12  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Hence my tweet to you and Paul about some sort of guidelines for writing a book review. I am just not sure what to say on book reviews. Also, I am interested in how to write a respectful review of a book that you did not necessarily enjoy (don't worry, none of yours ).
As requested: Erik's Guide to Writing Book Reviews

If that link doesn't work, try this one: Erik's Guide to Writing Book Reviews

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 05 Oct 2012 21:26:28
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  21:20:08  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

As requested: Erik's Guide to Writing Book Reviews

Cheers

arrghh..

Error: Unable to find site's URL to redirect to.
Please check that the URL entered is correct. To learn more about TinyURL.com, please visit the homepage.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2012 :  21:26:53  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The post should be fixed at this point. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  15:44:25  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I’ve not read through all of this, forgive the repetition, if there is any, but upon reading the “last legend,” I’ve a few questions, and a couple of comments:

1. Kalen, did you draw your influences for this character from Kalhen son of Kalten of the clan of Kugan? The names are familiar enough, “birthed in the shadow”and“in shadow”, and both characters were beggar boys. Although the protagonist’s eyes are not the brown hue of that fellow, nor of Arthangur, another character with several interesting parallels, but I shall not speak on that for the moment, even though the color is interesting in it’s own right.

2. Given the actions of the transition of the sword, is it save to assume the weapon was given without it’s scabbard? This is another element of symbolism that works to compound with the name and eye color, although the self-inflicted bight marks are a nice touch.

3. You do realize there are about a hundred different ways the selection of a white headed elephant staff is significant here right? So… which ones influenced your choice of it particularly?

4. The wife’s name was also very good, “blameless with a pain.” Then you turn it round and blend it with the idea that her husband was forced to kill her after she was transformed into something without control over her actions.

And this might come out as incredibly cruel, but I always get a bit of a giggle out of when somebody describes blind eyes as white.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  18:48:54  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sightless

I’ve not read through all of this, forgive the repetition, if there is any, but upon reading the “last legend,” I’ve a few questions, and a couple of comments:
Absolutely!

quote:
1. Kalen, did you draw your influences for this character from Kalhen son of Kalten of the clan of Kugan? The names are familiar enough, “birthed in the shadow”and“in shadow”, and both characters were beggar boys. Although the protagonist’s eyes are not the brown hue of that fellow, nor of Arthangur, another character with several interesting parallels, but I shall not speak on that for the moment, even though the color is interesting in it’s own right.
I've never heard of such a person (where does he come from?), though I think it's cool you make the connection.

quote:
2. Given the actions of the transition of the sword, is it save to assume the weapon was given without it’s scabbard? This is another element of symbolism that works to compound with the name and eye color, although the self-inflicted bight marks are a nice touch.
Indeed, Gedrin walks away with the empty scabbard still on his belt. It can be assumed that Kalen acquires a new scabbard at some point thereafter.

The self-inflicted bite marks are symptomatic of Kalen's condition, which is similar to CIPA. Basically, the way it works is that babies born with such a condition don't feel pain when they bite their lips and gnaw their fingers, so they end up with scars.

quote:
3. You do realize there are about a hundred different ways the selection of a white headed elephant staff is significant here right? So… which ones influenced your choice of it particularly?
Hmm. As I recall, I chose the elephant to convey a sense of strength and stability. But now you've got me curious about these hundred different ways. A couple examples?

quote:
4. The wife’s name was also very good, “blameless with a pain.” Then you turn it round and blend it with the idea that her husband was forced to kill her after she was transformed into something without control over her actions.
I totally just made that name up, you know. If you're curious, it's a Rashemi name, and Gedrin's wife was a Hathran from that country.

quote:
And this might come out as incredibly cruel, but I always get a bit of a giggle out of when somebody describes blind eyes as white.
Indeed. I think of Gedrin's eyes as just kind of hazy, glass-like, and dull--any of which would have been a better descriptor than "white." Oops!

Kalen's eyes are very pale gray (almost white), but he is certainly not blind.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 13 Oct 2012 18:50:28
Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  23:38:06  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I've never heard of such a person (where does he come from?), though I think it's cool you make the connection.

Kalhen son of Kalten of the clan of Kugan : He was a Mongol hero, and believed to have invented the first violin when his first horse, the equivlent to a unicorn, died. He lived for a hundred years and battled many horrors from the day that Atlantus was above the seas, which is another reason for why some people believed that Antlantus actually existed somewhere. All though originally the gave the island a different name, but the concept is strikingly similar and modern translators always use Antlantus for it. All of the tailes, and there dozens and dozens of them, have that sword and magic feel of Conan, although our hero is more ethical than that one was. It's usually everyone else that lacks morals. Look for "the Spirit of the plains" or Grasslands of fir," by Charles Crown, to read some of his adventures.

Two characters that I can think of recieve a sword from a mysterious man in such a manner, our fellow above, from the Myst man, a mage and guardian of the earth sphere, after Kalhen battles the wild canables of Anthar, and gains many bight scars, and the Knight Aldwin, who recieves a sword from St. John, after being ravaged by beastmen. In middle literature, the unshiethed delivery of a sword is always a call to a greater quest, usually with holy implications.

In zulu culture "White Elephent" refers to an old King or leader, that has ruled well, and while not in his prime, has plenty of experiences to pull from. The desstatment of how smooth it is made me think of Ivory, which made me think of "barrying the Ivory," a term in both Zulu and Indian culture that refers to an act where one if going to deal with a threat with the belief that one wont survive. The head of an elephent is also a symbol of recieving otherworldly power, he's a paladin, so their you go. "He's gone elephent" is a south african slang term for saying that somebodies clinging to something that others believe is old fashioned, he serves Helm, whose dead. In alot of Hindu mythos the saige carries an elephent staff, of these I mention Gzeally, who died battling Azmodi, he wielded an elephent staff and could fix men with his gaze and see what was scribed on their hearts. In african hindu, and even in chinese myth, the elephent staff was only wielded by men that had endured some horrible trial that coast them their most precious thing on this world, family, love, family artifact; had to be pure of heart, but necesarily always that way; and were forced to endure many trials. In chinese myth, the weilder of such a staff was always betrayed in the end and those agencies they were closely linked to were always subverted. This makes me wonder about any organization our Paladin was associated with.

It's a Rashemi name, and Gedrin's wife was a Hathran from that country. I thought as much, it sounded Gypsey, and that's where the meaning comes from. The Hathran is a part of their mythos, so you can see my thought process. I am a giant language fan by the way, love it as much as I love the written word.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  23:41:41  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can definitely see that.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2012 :  19:51:39  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"The Caper," chapter three of my Pathfinder story "Proper Villains," is up on Paizo! Conclusion next week!

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/tags/erikScottDeBie

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  02:09:43  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not in the Realms, but I wanted to let folks know that the fourth and final chapter of my Pathfinder web fiction story, "Proper Villains," is now up and available. Here's the whole thing: http://paizo.com/pathfinder/tales/serial/properVillains

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  03:07:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My method of lunch-time reading at work on Fridays is very quickly becoming used to having new fiction from you Erik.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  03:24:06  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

My method of lunch-time reading at work on Fridays is very quickly becoming used to having new fiction from you Erik.

Same here for my late night harvest reading in the tractor

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2012 :  04:52:54  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Same here for my late night harvest reading in the tractor
Apparetky I'm the people's FR writer.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  13:16:28  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, having finally read through that web-fiction for Golarion, I noticed one of the female spellcasters had the last name "Hathran." Was that an intentional nod to the Realms?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2012 :  13:34:20  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

So, having finally read through that web-fiction for Golarion, I noticed one of the female spellcasters had the last name "Hathran." Was that an intentional nod to the Realms?
Stranger things have happened! Good catch.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  20:32:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the current subject: Reading through the Golarion campaign guide I got at Gencon, I can't help but notice the NUMEROUS similarities to FR lore (and with some things, like 'fey gnomes', I have to ask, who did it 1st?)

New subject: You're lucky I love you.

Being the stickler I am for precision detail, on my new map of The North I placed Quaervaar just outside the forest, where it was on the original North maps. Then I remembered certain details of your story, and placed it just within the forest (which in my mind is incorrect, and normally I wouldn't change a map because of a novel). I suppose one could assume over time (especially with that ghost-thingy gone), the forest would had receded from the settlement, but that means the maps are chronologically out-of-order (the older map showing how it would have been in latter years). I guess we could also blame it on Druid over-achievers and the Shades having flooded most of the Realms at the start of 3e (the climate got warmer, etc).

With the RAS-created Winter's Edge, and the new (as of Silver Marches) sub-road from the northern climes, I think the amalgam came out rather intriguing. Quaervaar becomes the new waypoint on the tradeway between Silverymoon and Mithril Hall, after the Surbin Bridge is complete, which would increase its influence (and size) significantly.

Maybe you could do a story on how Shadowbane meets Ghostwalker and they form a sort-of 'Night Stalkers' alliance in the new Quaervaar. It would be like Batman working with Deadman.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Nov 2012 20:32:57
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  21:16:01  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I didn't mean to suggest in my novel that Quaervarr is "just inside" the forest. What details suggested that?

My lead source material was the Silver Marches book, though I referred to other books available at the time (3e FRCS, etc). I didn't have my 2e maps at the time.

And yes to Shadowbane + Batman.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  21:48:26  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seemed to have mixed comic companies with my reference (since the Night Stalkers was a Marvel title, but you got the idea).

As for the why of the map placement - the envoys from Silverymoon (like the one killed right in the beginning) traveled through forest, and if I showed no forest between the two, that would have been a little odd. The 3e (Silver Marches) map does show it right inside the forest, and since you wrote that in the 3e period I assumed that was why you had folks traveling through woods coming and going from Quaervaar.

On the other hand, pockets of 'small woods' are supposed to exist all over the place, way too small to illustrate on a continental map, so that also works as an explanation. Either way, I split the difference and am very happy with the results.

That was small potatoes to some other things I have to deal with, like why a major road was shown going through the Stonelands on the 3e map. Rather odd for a 'no-man's land' kind of area, no? It's not just about making maps, for me, its about getting everything to make sense.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Nov 2012 22:20:02
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  22:00:34  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose "just inside" is a subjective measure. I checked the Silver Marches map, which seems to show about five miles of forested road (and several more over the plain) between Quaervarr and Silverymoon. Do you have a differing interpretation?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  22:22:21  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just added a link to my above post. On the old map of The North (which came with the 2e product of the same name) the town was shown just outside the woods, and that is also how it was shown in the FRIA maps.

Like I said above, I am very happy with how it all turned out.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  23:42:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see. I was a little confused by your original post, but now I understand.

It's also a valid point that forests do expand and contract over time. What was true in the North might have changed for 3e. It also might have been a cartography error in the first place, or perhaps the old map just didn't have that detail. It's not a major discrepancy anyway, IMO.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  16:01:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there is one thing you should have learned about me by now, its that every little thing bothers me.

That area got smooshed in 3e (as did everything else), and I 're-inflated' it, but then when I got to Hartsvale I had to smoosh it back down just a tad. The Cold Wood is supposed to be directly west of Hartsvale, and the Silver marches map had it way too far north. Others areas I got much closer to the 1e/2e maps, but this region really took some finagling.

Unfortunately, with all the old locales I found coupled with the many new ones added in SM, a region that is supposed to be 'sparsely settled' is now one of the busiest areas on the map (beaten only by Cormyr). I guess that makes sense, since those two regions are probably the two most used campaign areas.

*grammar correction

Edited by - Markustay on 19 Nov 2012 05:36:11
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  02:34:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This has nothing to do with the realms, but I'm recruiting artists for a comic book I'm putting together. If you or someone you know might be interested, check it out:

http://erikscottdebie.com/2012/11/29/comic-book-artist-needed/

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  12:01:39  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Erik. My question is on Davoren Hellsheart, i read up on him in the dnd website and the last part stated he was heavily scarred and when asked only mentione 1 word, "Twilight", and i know from DOM that he was eaten alive by Tlork. Did he really survive or was that an inconsistency?
Second, is Davoren still around in the Realms of Today?

Everything ends where it begins. Period.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2012 :  15:47:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Xar, apologies in advance for being a little evasive, but you're asking about an ongoing plot. I have to be a bit cagey.

quote:
Originally posted by Xar Zarath

Hi Erik. My question is on Davoren Hellsheart, i read up on him in the dnd website and the last part stated he was heavily scarred and when asked only mentione 1 word, "Twilight", and i know from DOM that he was eaten alive by Tlork. Did he really survive or was that an inconsistency?
It's not an inconsistency. He was indeed eaten alive, and he did indeed survive. Or maybe "survive" isn't the right term. *Ahem*

He encountered Twilight at least once more, around the mid 1380s. Though to reveal more would be cheating.

quote:
Second, is Davoren still around in the Realms of Today?
Good question! We'll see.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2012 :  00:24:51  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, what did you think of The Dark Knight Rises and, in particular, Nolan's interpretation of Bane?

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  00:17:20  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entromancer

Erik, what did you think of The Dark Knight Rises and, in particular, Nolan's interpretation of Bane?
I am not an expert on Batman (just a fan), nor do I know all that much about Bane (he's one of the fuzzier villains in my mind), but I will say that I quite enjoyed TDKR (enough to see it twice in the theater), and found Bane a compelling (if at times vocally incomprehensible) and legitimately threatening villain. I thought he was exactly the villain the movie needed.

My favorite aspects of the movie were Catwoman (whom I thought Hathaway portrayed quite well) and the secret villain twist (which would give it away if I said the name, but you know who I mean). The trial by fire/faith subplot was also cool, though I question whether one can recover from a slipped disk by someone just shoving on it real hard.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  01:07:28  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie...though I question whether one can recover from a slipped disk by someone just shoving on it real hard.

Cheers

Chiropractor Man in action!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  01:21:09  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Chiropractor Man in action!
Worst nemesis of Aquaman--they fight over most useless power all the time.

I kid, I kid...

There are PLENTY worse powers than Chiropracty.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000