Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2009 :  23:17:16  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your guess is as good as mine. Are there a lot of people clamoring for it on the Wizards boards? That might make a difference.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2009 :  23:57:33  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There seems to be a few, granted there's not many as it is...., who haved asked about Fox....

Right now the boards over there are down, or not cooperating with my Firefox....

I did finally finish Downshadow. It seems that Kalen is passing the torch, so are we done with that particular character?

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2009 :  03:01:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava

There seems to be a few, granted there's not many as it is...., who haved asked about Fox....
It's a small, scrappy insurgency.

My hope is to write her into a trilogy, so that more people will read about her. Nyah ha!

quote:
I did finally finish Downshadow. It seems that Kalen is passing the torch, so are we done with that particular character?
Oh, he's not passing the torch. He may indeed come back, and I have some excellent plans for how he'll make his return. In theory!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2009 :  09:26:19  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Right now the boards over there are down, or not cooperating with my Firefox....

whats it doing, saying tech error???
thats what it says on mine, just go through the main page, works for me, and I use FireFox.

wonder, does Foxxie at Twiight use firefox?

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2009 :  12:10:29  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to start going through the D&D Site also.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2009 :  15:56:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Firefox is having issues with the site. I suggest using another Internet Browser--Internet Explorer worked fine for me.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2009 :  16:00:00  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, I should add that I made the ending of Downshadow purposefully ambiguous as to whether Shadowbane plans to continue his quest against evil. If you as the DM want to have your PCs pick up the quest (particularly using the Eye of Justice material on DDI (check Dungeon's October articles) or the upcoming Channel Divinity: Torm article that will appear on Dragon in November), the ending of Downshadow makes for an excellent segue into their career. Perhaps the sword goes to one of them, and they will have a destiny like Shadowbane did.

Or maybe Shadowbane still has the sword, and will wield it in upcoming novels. We'll see!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2009 :  22:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to mention further development of Myrin as well.

And IE gave me the same error. So I guess Epic FAIL on the WOTC site....

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2009 :  09:07:47  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so Erik... would you ever consider using a mimic disguised as a ghost ship in one of your novels??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2009 :  17:48:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Assuming that mimics have a swim speed? Sure.

I will ask . . . where did THAT come from? It's a pretty out-of-the-blue question.

Though I did notice that a Mimic sourcebook came out recently . . .

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2009 :  20:51:46  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh it came from out of the nowhere and the somewhere while I was laughing at something else......

well they have been known to get very big.....mimic splat??? where

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2009 :  22:06:54  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

oh it came from out of the nowhere and the somewhere while I was laughing at something else......

well they have been known to get very big.....mimic splat??? where

A lovely little PDF for only $2 from the terrific SKR Studios

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  00:41:48  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh and btw, dont think they'd need a swim spead, they'd just float around or something......or swim like a duck....

hahaha

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  21:54:19  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:

It's a small, scrappy insurgency.

My hope is to write her into a trilogy, so that more people will read about her. Nyah ha!

quote:
Oh, he's not passing the torch. He may indeed come back, and I have some excellent plans for how he'll make his return. In theory!

Cheers

huh, that sounds like writer speak for you have aready turned in your first draft(fingers crossed)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  22:21:00  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

huh, that sounds like writer speak for you have aready turned in your first draft(fingers crossed)

Nope, I tell you very truthfully--other than the Realms of the Dead anthology coming out in a couple months, I have nothing in the novel/short story works with WotC at the moment.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  23:44:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nope, I tell you very truthfully--other than the Realms of the Dead anthology coming out in a couple months, I have nothing in the novel/short story works with WotC at the moment.
That's disappointing. I'm hoping this just means Wizards' haven't finalised their release schedules yet.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2009 :  01:57:32  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who knows?

Knowing how far they plan things out, though, I suspect they're booked through 2011.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Sith_Lord_Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
92 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  15:47:27  Show Profile  Visit Sith_Lord_Drizzt's Homepage Send Sith_Lord_Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who knows?

Knowing how far they plan things out, though, I suspect they're booked through 2011.

Cheers

Well, I certainly hope there are plans for a Erik Scott de Bie trilogy! I can't see how their couldn't be one. Great writing and even greater characters! :)

"Jarlaxle's grin disappeared as he turned his attention to Drizzt. He watched the fury of the drow unleashed. Jarlaxle had seen Drizzt in action many times before, but never like that".
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  16:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you sir, and I sincerely hope so as well. I very much enjoy writing in the Realms . . . not to mention so much positive interaction with Realms fans about my work.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  16:34:00  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Cheers

Hrast!

I much prefer when you are coy with questions like that, since it usaully meant you had something brewing. I would be lying if I said that the hope of new de Bie wasn't one of the few things keeping my door open to post-spellplague realms novels....bummer.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  16:53:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would be lying if I said that the hope of new de Bie wasn't one of the few things keeping my door open to post-spellplague realms novels....bummer.

Thanks for saying so. My hope is that enough people will mention that to WotC that they will put me high on their list.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2009 :  19:03:02  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I would be lying if I said that the hope of new de Bie wasn't one of the few things keeping my door open to post-spellplague realms novels....bummer.

Thanks for saying so. My hope is that enough people will mention that to WotC that they will put me high on their list.

Cheers

If you are thinking they may be booked thru 2011, and have nothing FR cooking.....that is not news I like to hear for sure, 2012 is a long, long ways away....even if you were approached soon it may be hard to get slotted by then

Well....I like to think something through, but once I make my mind up to do it , it's on! I don't often hand write anything anymore(who has time anymore and no spellcheck!) , but I am starting to coalesce a few thoughts......that may be best expressed on my most excellent stationary, penned in the best way I can. I know you will write fine work, with or without FR, but I cannot envision a FR novel line without your work. Kinda puts a fire in the ole belly just thinking about it, it might be the straw that broke the camels back. I have read something over 225 FR novels....all loyally purchased new (except when replacing for collections sake, ie buying the Magehound second-hand because I never knew it came in hard back, so I had to!)from local book sellers or amazon.....assuring maximum profit to WOTC and more importantly , ensure support of favorite authors. I think I am a consumer worth kepping, but hey ...ya never know!

Not that you need prodded, but keep us in the loop here on your other works and we will keep fingers crossed for FR from you!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 19 Nov 2009 19:05:03
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2010 :  23:07:20  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to let everyone know that my latest Realms offering--"A Body in a Bag"--is on the shelves now, part of the Realms of the Dead anthology . . . along with a whole slew of cool stories. In particular, it will be quite rewarding for fans of Rosemary's brilliant City of the Dead and Crypt of the Moaning Diamond, and also those of my readers who like puzzling out how it's subtly connected to my past work. (And yes, I have manually confirmed that the easter egg did indeed make it through editing.)

The title of the story is sort of inspired by my love of the show Bones, which in turn sort of informs the persona of the heroine/love-interest. Check it out--you'll see what I mean.

The secondary/secret title of this story is "A Love Story in Parts." A romantic comedy . . . with ghoul.

Cheers

Mod Edit: Fixed the URL.

Erik Edit: I can never get those things right.

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 10 Jan 2010 23:43:08
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2010 :  00:00:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wanted to let everyone know that my latest Realms offering--"A Body in a Bag"--is on the shelves now, part of the Realms of the Dead anthology . . . along with a whole slew of cool stories. In particular, it will be quite rewarding for fans of Rosemary's brilliant City of the Dead and Crypt of the Moaning Diamond, and also those of my readers who like puzzling out how it's subtly connected to my past work. (And yes, I have manually confirmed that the easter egg did indeed make it through editing.)

The title of the story is sort of inspired by my love of the show <i>Bones</i>, which in turn sort of informs the persona of the heroine/love-interest. Check it out--you'll see what I mean.

The secondary/secret title of this story is "A Love Story in Parts." A romantic comedy . . . with ghoul.

Cheers

Hmmmm....looks like a late run to B&N for me......Im about to wrap up Norrel & Strange, so I have an opening for a book coming up soon ;)

and Bones is the one show that My wife, daughter, son(hes only 2) and I always watch together.

Mod Edit: Fixed the URL in the quoted section from Erik.

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Jan 2010 15:58:42
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  00:16:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Erik Edit: I can never get those things right.

Actually, you're were pretty much on the mark for the URL. You just missed the " and " at the beginning and end of the web address.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  02:18:48  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used to get tripped up by that little detail.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  06:14:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I copied the link from livejournal, is what. Apparently, it's like mixing arcane and divine magic and not being a theurge.

Wow. Geeky joke +12!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  07:04:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I copied the link from livejournal, is what. Apparently, it's like mixing arcane and divine magic and not being a theurge.

Wow. Geeky joke +12!

Cheers

Heh.

Essentially, it's really just a relic of the older forum software being used here at Candlekeep. Most modern hypertext links used nowadays in forums normally don't require the " and " at the beginning and end of a link.

It's one of the aspects we're hoping to upgrade with the change-over to Candlekeep 2.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  19:44:27  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik,

Have you got a look at the cover for The Fall of Highwatch?
I like that is was rotated 90 degress to give a more cinematic feel. Looks very nice and surprised it hasn't been tried sooner for a FR novel. Don know if it just for his series or maybe a new approach.
Just curious to see what you thought, since this "cinematic" approach at a novel cover would work so well for your work.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  20:44:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've seen the cover only briefly, and I like the concept. Well executed, I think, in this case. I would be pretty happy to have a solid work of art like this on the cover of my next WotC book--whenever it appears.

I myself am a fan of wrap-around covers, as well. Complex battle scenes that wrap are particularly cool, in my book, but maybe that's old fashioned.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000