Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
727 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  20:39:05  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

So. Here's the question.

So. Can you guys be persuaded to check it out even if you've set a firm anti-4e FR stance, or are we just going to be talking about my pre-4e stuff?

Cheers

I have purposely avoided this scroll since I last dropped in, so as to avoid being spoiled for anything in Downshadow, but now that both—and seemingly the only—Realms source 'books' are out, I can answer this question.

I am not a pen and paper player—I think I'm one of two South Africans here at the Keep, so demographics are against me to find a willing DM, or if I DM, willing fools players—therefore rulesets don't bother me none. From what I've heard and read, like previous editions, there is about a 50/50 win-some, lose-some with the 'new' rules.

What bothers me is the first impression the 'designers' made with the handling of the Realms as it transitioned to 1479 DR. I honestly think someone/s was overawed by the success of WoW and thought to implement—read: blunt-force hammer it into even if it breaks—the WoW-factor for Toril. Problem is, aside from the money-grubbing corner-cutting that has willingly or accidentally crept into their business plan, WotC's 4E D&D will and cannot ever compete with WoW, nor pull away WoW fans apart from a short-lived, faddish, slavery after "what's new and kewl" of the fickle youth.

All of that is very largely IMNSHO, but it's exactly my opinion that opens and closes my purse strings. If Wizards chose to alienate me and other like-minded—and very loyal—supporters for a quick (if possibly quite large) buck, my two coppers are staying put. I feel personally offended by what 'they' have done to something I have grown to love and cherish. I have the greatest respect for the Eds, Brian Rs, Eriks and others that try their damnednest to body-putty the post-Realms Realms, but a retcon is still a retcon no matter how well worded and thoughtful and lovingly crafted.

I'm therefore sorry, Erik, I shall not be supporting your work for as long as it is associated with Wizards of the Coast. Not even if you gift-wrapped a gold plated copy and sent it to me, since even that copy would have enriched 'them' (and out of your pocket, to boot). I'm not against capitalism, God knows, I love it, but making money can co-exist with common sense and not pissing off your customer base.

Now, if your next novel were to be published independently, I'd pre-order three copies, just to make up for the loss of income you might suffer by my decision. Until then, I mourn for the valiant members of the crew that are manning the bilge-pumps of a sinking SS Realms, while the captain and officers seem to delight in ramming into as many icebergs as possible.
As an aside to PDK, I've been listening to garbage, long before Garbage. At least that's what Mr. Kyrene used to shout when the decibels went up in my room as a teen. Not that I don't fondly still listen to that funky pink covered album with the big G on the front. I seem to recall also owning a double-single CD off that album at the time, but cannot recall anymore what was on it, except that it also had the big G on the front, albeit in different colours. Yeah, I'm only happy when it rains...

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  21:03:28  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, Kyrene, I can respect that.

You are fully entitled to make your own decision regarding the setting, and while I'm sorry I won't have the chance to discuss the book with you, I fully support your decision.

I will certainly let you know about my non-Realms stuff if/when it gets published.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  22:46:00  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
as per my two half pennies on it 4e.

i dislike heavily some of the changes and ret cons.

how worded it is or can be, is well treating the fans as if they are...um well I'll leave that there.

however, I've read mistshore and blackstaff tower and they were very good.
however, i will buy novels in 4e, I WILL NOT support the living FR.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2008 :  23:41:02  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And that's a perfectly valid position, SFD, which I support fully.

Change is one of those things that happens, and you either like it or you don't--you go with it, or you don't. As much as someone might want to tell you to go for it, it's really up to you whether you like it or not.

All I ever want to tell people is to give it a chance, and if you've done that, you're completely and utterly justified in making whatever decision works for you.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
727 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  12:28:01  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Change is one of those things that happens, and you either like it or you don't--you go with it, or you don't. As much as someone might want to tell you to go for it, it's really up to you whether you like it or not.

All I ever want to tell people is to give it a chance, and if you've done that, you're completely and utterly justified in making whatever decision works for you.

Cheers

What I neglected to mention in the above—and talandor, was it ever long—is that I'm not against most of the changes made to the Realms per se, I’m simply against how—and seemingly why—they were made. I was never a rabid fan, nor a hardened critic of Elminster, the seven, Drizzt or any of the other love/bugbear NPCs so if they’re dead, I won’t shed a tear. I never once had a PC walk the dusty plains of Mulhorand, or fly around in a skyship above Halruaa so if they are no longer, what do I care. I did have some PCs that walked the streets of Neverwinter, but if ‘Lord’ Nasher is gone along with his city, most of them won’t complain too loudly either.

I am boycotting Wizards because they attempted to ride the coat-tails of the Forgotten Realms popularity and ended up destroying its essence by trying to remake it in the image of Azeroth. As a loyal customer, I was told to shut up, put up and buy the drivel they were pandering. If I wanted to play WoW, I would rather subscribe to it, thank you very much. As it is, instead of getting Storm of Zehir for my beloved NWN2, I shall instead invest in Diablo III when it comes out early next year. The last money Wizards will see from me is when Dawn of Night comes off back order at Take2 and gets shipped to me.

Now, before this becomes yet another long tirade, I’ll PM you my other thoughts/questions.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  15:45:03  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm glad you took a gamble on these 4e FR books, and I'm glad they worked out for you. I read them both myself and enjoyed them *immensely*.

Well to be fair I did buy extra points (my almost complete fr novel collection!) before I rolled the dice!!

And it was a very good tactical move to lead off with Ed Greenwood Presents on top of Steven's name to get the series rolling. To be fair to 4e novels, I liked Swordmage as well and appreciated it even more after getting to meet, shake hands and share a few words with Rich. I will always believe that he is "one of the good guys!"
quote:

Well, Downshadow's already written and in the editing process, so nothing to be done about it now. Here's hoping it honors the other two!

With all due seriousness, I cannot imagine you not takng yet another step forward in your growth as a writer.
quote:

One thing I rather like about the series is that the *tone* of these novels varies greatly, giving you a different perspective (each of which is quite enjoyable) on a city that is so classically huge and filled with a thousand tales.

Cheers

I also cannot wait, what with knowing your previous work and the few hints about the style you went for in Downshadow. And then what will Rosemary do with The City of The Dead? And how will she top the bookplate from Crypt of the Moaning Diamond?

So, while I won't be buying 4e gaming materials, the novel line is off to a good start with me.

P.S. Go ahead and enter me in you Downshadow give away, that is restricted to people with red hair you met at Gencon 2008

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  16:28:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

And it was a very good tactical move to lead off with Ed Greenwood Presents on top of Steven's name to get the series rolling.

Indeed, and a serious honor it's been. Working with him as closely as I did was awesome. (We have a whole long discussion about Realms cursing, past and present, and about, ahem, festhalls. Shiny realmslore just for me! )

And the introductions he's written to each of the novels are great.

quote:
To be fair to 4e novels, I liked Swordmage as well and appreciated it even more after getting to meet, shake hands and share a few words with Rich. I will always believe that he is "one of the good guys!"

I'm so glad. I haven't read Swordmage myself, but I've heard good things about it.

quote:
With all due seriousness, I cannot imagine you not takng yet another step forward in your growth as a writer.

Tch-yeah, no pressure or anything. :sweat, sweat:

j/k. I'm quite pleased with this one. There are a number of parts I think you in particular will like, a few for Sage, etc., etc.

quote:
I also cannot wait, what with knowing your previous work and the few hints about the style you went for in Downshadow. And then what will Rosemary do with The City of The Dead? And how will she top the bookplate from Crypt of the Moaning Diamond?

I have never had reason to doubt Rosemary's writing abilities, and I am very confident City will be awesome.

quote:
P.S. Go ahead and enter me in you Downshadow give away, that is restricted to people with red hair you met at Gencon 2008

Oh yeah, the truth comes out! "Stand revealed, deceptive one! You and your fiery red hair cannot trick me!!!"

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  16:35:05  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm glad you took a gamble on these 4e FR books, and I'm glad they worked out for you. I read them both myself and enjoyed them *immensely*.

Well, Downshadow's already written and in the editing process, so nothing to be done about it now. Here's hoping it honors the other two!

One thing I rather like about the series is that the *tone* of these novels varies greatly, giving you a different perspective (each of which is quite enjoyable) on a city that is so classically huge and filled with a thousand tales.

Cheers

And I will have to wait until Christmas to buy the Waterdeep tomes. Oh, the life of a married dwarf... always with the wallet empty, buying something interesting for my beloved Berronar Valkyrie.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  16:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand that, indeed.

Congrats also on your 1000th post, sir! (either in this thread or nearby)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2008 :  16:53:27  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Erik. Candlekeep is the best online community that I belong, and this is a awesome place to come and talk... and I´m more than happy to the fact that much of these posts are with you, an author that I like, respect, and salute.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  02:26:25  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't blame a guy for trying!

And while I got your attention, will you help me try to wotc to let Steven write Ed Greenwood pesents Waterdeep : The Warrens by Steven Schend, the realms needs more Ompahr as bad as it needs more Fox at Twilight!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2008 :  16:33:39  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with that, RW . . . though perhaps Steve would prefer a trilogy (ding!).

As for adding to our Waterdahvian enclave, I might suggest WotC have someone else write a Waterdeep book, like maybe, oh, James Davis, or Ed Gentry, or Brian Cortijo, or Brian James, and the list goes on and on! The more the merrier, I say.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  13:07:43  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I agree with that, RW . . . though perhaps Steve would prefer a trilogy (ding!).

As for adding to our Waterdahvian enclave, I might suggest WotC have someone else write a Waterdeep book, like maybe, oh, James Davis, or Ed Gentry, or Brian Cortijo, or Brian James, and the list goes on and on! The more the merrier, I say.

Cheers

Cha-Ching!! I agree a trilogy for Steven! One about gnomes , 1 for halflings and one for dwarves: all in the warrens! Genius!

I have been clammoring for a James P. Davis myself, and all of the others plus many more are deserveing to play in the new waterdeep.

P.S. If anyone has a Wish scroll just laying around use to and ask for a book by Elaine!

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  17:44:47  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
all my wish scrolls were confiscated by Mr. Baker.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  18:37:17  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now now--my scroll is not the place for that.

Optimism! Optimism is the rule!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  19:10:04  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Cheers

Cha-Ching!! I agree a trilogy for Steven! One about gnomes , 1 for halflings and one for dwarves: all in the warrens! Genius!

I have been clammoring for a James P. Davis myself, and all of the others plus many more are deserveing to play in the new waterdeep.

P.S. If anyone has a Wish scroll just laying around use to and ask for a book by Elaine!

Red Walker: THIS IS GENIUS!

The trilogy could actually be called "All In The Warrens," which is very appealing methinks. That, or "Burrowed Destinies."

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2008 :  19:50:34  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about "Married with Gnomes?"

I'm just sayin'

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  02:26:13  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How does Twilight get along with Gnomes?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  05:58:01  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, the answer to this question and many others about gnomes might best be deduced based on pages 24-25 of the BoEF.

But for primetime scroll-work, the answer is . . . surprisingly well.

She's known at least two or three who have been very, very close friends, at least in the manner you can be close to Twilight--that is to say as rivals, drinking buddies, singing mates, and occasional night-time companions.

She got along very well with one particular Gnome Blade Bravo (see RoS for details on that PrC) off and on throughout much of her early adventuring career. He was known as Ralagar the Rowdy, and was infamous for rousing tavern brawls that often ended up his way--which is to say, with him victorious, punch-drunk, and in a rather warm bed.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  06:13:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What about "Married with Gnomes?"

I'm just sayin'

Cheers

How about a book about a plains-dwelling gnome? Gnome on the Range "Oh give me a gnome/where the buffalo roam..."

Or a book about people who love gnomes... Gnome is Where the Heart Is

Or a travelogue focusing on gnomish establishments... There's No Place Like Gnome

A book about a female ranger whose favored enemies are gnomes... Gnomewrecker

Okay, enough bad puns from me. Gnome more.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  13:16:52  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well, the answer to this question and many others about gnomes might best be deduced based on pages 24-25 of the BoEF.

But for primetime scroll-work, the answer is . . . surprisingly well.

She's known at least two or three who have been very, very close friends, at least in the manner you can be close to Twilight--that is to say as rivals, drinking buddies, singing mates, and occasional night-time companions.

She got along very well with one particular Gnome Blade Bravo (see RoS for details on that PrC) off and on throughout much of her early adventuring career. He was known as Ralagar the Rowdy, and was infamous for rousing tavern brawls that often ended up his way--which is to say, with him victorious, punch-drunk, and in a rather warm bed.

Cheers

Interesting.

How does she get on with Dwarves? Halflings?

P.S. Any truth to the rumor that the reason we have not seen her lately is that she has embarked on a quest to frre Gnomes from the scourge of a Giant Space Hamster?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2008 :  19:32:56  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Interesting.

Ooh, I warrant high praise indeed!

Yes, feel free to use my gnome bravo in your campaigns as you like. I spent many hours developing him--or possibly the fifteen seconds after your post. Time is relative when you're a writer.

quote:
How does she get on with Dwarves? Halflings?

Twilight has had good interactions with both races.

She's had a number of good dwarf friends, despite the notorious antipathy between the races. Mostly, she's had to fight dwarves to "prove herself" in their eyes. One of her best dwarf friends was/is an always-on-the-outs-with-the-law trapsmith (combat trapsmith PrC from Complete Scoundrel) named Lannis who did her odd favors in Westgate in exchange for odd . . . coin.

And while she's never been really romantic with any halflings, Twilight is notably a friend to the little folk--sees them often as oppressed, unfairly-distrusted, and mostly innocuous, as exemplified in her interactions with Slip in DoM. This naive sort of attitude often leads her into trouble (again, as exemplified).

quote:
P.S. Any truth to the rumor that the reason we have not seen her lately is that she has embarked on a quest to free Gnomes from the scourge of a Giant Space Hamster?

Some truth, indeed, but in the end they allied with the Giant Space Hamster in a quixotic endeavor to stave off the forces of Progress, which was reducing gnomes to a lowered status as compared to elves, dwarves, and the like.

(And Cthulhu, of course.)

Either that, or we just haven't seen her recently because there's been a whole *century* since her last appearance. Who knows what could have befallen our beloved psycho-elf-chick in all that time? She could have died in some epic conflict, been hunted down by one of her numerous nemeses, or--le gasp!--settled down and retired.

Cheers

P.S. Question for the community:

So, if Twilight is an eladrin, what color should her eyes be?

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  01:24:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

She's had a number of good dwarf friends, despite the notorious antipathy between the races.
True. But then, Twilight has hardly been the type of elf most would consider to be a typical example of her race. She seems to enjoy reaching beyond the "accepted" cultural barriers that exist between most races -- a prime example being her slowly growing relationship with Gargan, a goliath.

I think this is one of the positive sides of her "sense of [isolated] self" which often sees her mostly disconnected from nearly everyone around her. It allows her a more unique perspective when forming friendships with some of the strange and curious peoples that she meets. Twilight doesn't immediately fall back on the "accepted racial stereotypes" most other elves would subscribe to when encountering anyone not of their race.
quote:
Mostly, she's had to fight dwarves to "prove herself" in their eyes. One of her best dwarf friends was/is an always-on-the-outs-with-the-law trapsmith (combat trapsmith PrC from Complete Scoundrel) named Lannis who did her odd favors in Westgate in exchange for odd . . . coin.
I don't imagine this has been as much of a trial for Twilight as it would have been for any other elf trying to make his/her way in the world of dwarves.

Again, this comes from Twilight being her own "elf" in many ways. And that the dwarves have come to accept her demonstrates, somewhat, that she's been accepted on the merits of "who" she is, rather than "what" she is.
quote:
And while she's never been really romantic with any halflings, Twilight is notably a friend to the little folk--sees them often as oppressed, unfairly-distrusted, and mostly innocuous, as exemplified in her interactions with Slip in DoM. This naive sort of attitude often leads her into trouble (again, as exemplified).
You see, this, again, is probably something a typical elf would not immediately be able to interprete, or perhaps even care to see.

Just through her relationships with others, we can appreciate just how unique Twilight is when compared to some of the other examples of the elven race we see in Realms fiction.
quote:
P.S. Question for the community:

So, if Twilight is an eladrin, what color should her eyes be?

Well, we've discussed Twilight's eyes before. And, as I recall, numerous suggestions came up.

If we work along the premise that Twilight is an eladrin however, I'd say something like a "softer-toned" version of the female eladrin's eye-colour from their entry in the 4e PHB. Or even a colour like the ghaele of winter from the 4e MM "Eladrin" entry.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Oct 2008 01:28:20
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  01:32:53  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure we had discussed it--I just find the subject interesting.

And that's a good suggestion!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
727 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  08:42:55  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

a prime example being her slowly growing relationship with Gargan, a goliath.

Must resist... innuendo...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  09:05:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering whether any of my fellow scribes would pick up on that.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2008 :  15:14:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Slow growing? . . . She must be losing her touch.

Good night, ladies and gents!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2008 :  19:06:21  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Slow growing? . . . She must be losing her touch.

Good night, ladies and gents!

Cheers

You know what they say, " Once you go Goliath , nothing else whilst thou trieth!"

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2008 :  15:27:57  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Almost a whole month and no action here? You feeling ok Erik?
What's been keeping you so busy?

Hopfully it has been polishing Downshdow!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 06 Nov 2008 15:49:26
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2008 :  16:06:01  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah--I'm fine. There just hasn't been a whole lot Realmsian to talk about on my particular plate. I've waded into a couple discussions of 3e vs. 4e on the boards in the last month or so (bleh!), but not a lot else.

I just finished the galley edits for Downshadow last night and plan to give those to my editor today. I may or may not be working on a couple secret FR things. I'm sure there'll be an announcement eventually--or not, as the case may be!

Right now, I'm outlining two novels, marketing a third, doing a little work on my comic book, editing a short story, and doing a bunch of marketing stuff (bleh!).

So I'm keeping busy--no worries on that.

Cheers

P.S. None of my current writing involves the fabled Twilight/Gargan slash fiction, though. Sorry to disappoint!

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000