Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Anthologies and Tales overviews
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  20:20:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Just wanted to pass along to my fellow scribes that I picked up Salvatore's The Highwayman at Waldenbooks (Borders) today for $5.99 if anyone (like me) was interested in buying it for it's bit of Realmslore but didn't want to pay full price.

I'm at a loss, Xysma. Realmslore? Highwayman? Tell me more...

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  20:24:45  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Just wanted to pass along to my fellow scribes that I picked up Salvatore's The Highwayman at Waldenbooks (Borders) today for $5.99 if anyone (like me) was interested in buying it for it's bit of Realmslore but didn't want to pay full price.

well I'm not Xysma, but I assume he is referring to "Dowry" the Drizzt short story included in the Highwayman.
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  21:18:52  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

The Highwayman includes an "All-New Drizzt short story" entitled "The Dowry". I plan on reading it tonight, and I'll post an overview sometime soon. Just glancing at it, it appears to set in Waterdeep, and includes Drizzt, Cattie-Brie, and Captain Deudermont.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  23:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had intended to read Highway man anyhow once I finish the last 10 FR novels I have yet to read. I did not know about the short story but that just ensures I will be purchasing it
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  00:52:04  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
“The Dowry”
After the death of Wulfgar at the hands of the yochlol, Drizzt and Cattie-Brie leave Mithral Hall, eventually making their way to Waterdeep. Here they hope to join Captain Deudermont’s crew aboard the Sea Sprit. Rather than going straight to Captain Deudermont and asking to join his crew, the two decide to capture some pirates to present to Deudermont as a dowry.
R.A. Salvatore
Year: 1363 (not 100% certain of this, but it seems right)
Main Characters: Drizz't Do'urden, Cattie-Brie, Captain Deudermont, Robillard

Xysma's Gallery

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Edited by - Xysma on 14 Mar 2006 03:29:18
Go to Top of Page

danifae
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  17:02:29  Show Profile  Visit danifae's Homepage Send danifae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
awesome to see all those authors posting info on their stories !
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  17:42:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just realized we don't have descriptions for my other two stories:

Realms of the Elves, “The Greater Treasure”

Yldar Nathalan, the hapless, disgraced son of a noble lord of Evermeet, searches Faerun for objects of power and majesty of a bygone age, traveling with his sister Cythara, a wizard of great power and greater desire. When he tracks the Bracer of Ynloeth, legendary Coronal of Shantel Othreier, to the human city of Elversult on the day of a great overthrow, he finds more danger than he ever reckoned. For here he must battle the wrath of a demon cult and the darkest stirrings of the heart, struggle between honor and love, and face the alluring and mysterious thief Fox-at-Twilight, who will change his world forever.

Wizard’s Site, “Wayfarer” (companion to Ghostwalker)

The young Meris, son of the new Lord Singer Dharan Greyt, has seen more than a boy should ever have to see, and his world shakes with its implications. He seeks to escape, only to find jealous siblings, a haunting voice on the night’s breeze, and the darkness in his own soul standing solidly in his path.

(Note: Chronologically, this short story occurs shortly after the prologue and fifteen years before the first chapter of Ghostwalker.)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  04:38:39  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall the title off the top of my head, but did anyone else think that the story about the "the magic dough" in Realms of the Arcane was a little silly? All that was missing was the comedic skull from Escape From Undermountain and the talking wombats from the Ring of Winter.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  04:52:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by quajack

I don't recall the title off the top of my head, but did anyone else think that the story about the "the magic dough" in Realms of the Arcane was a little silly? All that was missing was the comedic skull from Escape From Undermountain and the talking wombats from the Ring of Winter.

"Bread Storm Rising" by Tom Dupree.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:33:44  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again, nothing wrong with talking wombats. they are still my top candidates on the list of minor characters deserving their own trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

quajack
Seeker

86 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  06:57:35  Show Profile  Visit quajack's Homepage Send quajack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wombat trilogy, huh. As sad as it is to admit, I would still buy wombat based books. Please don't tell anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  07:01:09  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whats sad about it, with all the drow books its time for marsupials to show of their deadly wombat skills.

I will end this here before my jokes get even worse.
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2006 :  12:16:45  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realms of The Elves

Traitors
(Richard Lee Byers)
Rhespen Ash, a mage of no small power, leads his troops into an ambush and a desperate fight..

The Staff of Valmaxian
(Philip Athans)
Young elven mage struggles with his developing skills and pays a high price to develop them. Maybe even too high...

Necessary Sacrifices
(Lisa Smedman)

The Greater Treasure
(Erik Scott de Bie)
If i saw right Erik just wrote description of his story.

Comrades at odds
(R.A. Salvatore)
Drizzt travels towards west to gather the body of fallen Ellifain, but they find something unexpected..

Tears so white
(Ed Greenwood)
Knights of Myth Drannor are spending time in the kitchen of Storm Silverhand when Elminster appears with very wierd quest for the knights..

The Bladesingers Lesson
(Richard Baker)
Elves are returning. Many are dreaming about their former golden age. But one elf finds a very, very big disappointment and himself helping humans, despite something they've done in the past, who are in grievious danger...

I can post proper descriptions when I have read all of those and have the time do it. But you do not have to wait for long, I am waiting for reading them myself...

Edited by - ode904 on 20 Aug 2006 21:47:54
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  09:26:31  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just here to point out that the Dragons: Worlds Afire book might have a FR short story by Salvatore.

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndant/957477200

Haven't read it yet, but I was told that the story is Realms related. Can anyone confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  16:00:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is indeed Realms related, as far as I can tell.

I haven't read the story myself, but I believe it involves Vaasa and may (thereby) connect to the events of Promise of the Witchking. That's just speculation, however, based on flipping through it for about thirty seconds.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2006 :  04:53:24  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paec_djinn

Just here to point out that the Dragons: Worlds Afire book might have a FR short story by Salvatore.

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndant/957477200

Haven't read it yet, but I was told that the story is Realms related. Can anyone confirm this?

It is a Realms story and I have added it to the list. Thanks for the reminder Paec_djinn

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2006 :  05:02:21  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks ode904 and Erik, the list has been updated with these summaries

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  18:52:59  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Lady of the Mist, by Ed Greenwood was posted on WOTC's website:

http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_spinayarn2005
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  16:25:39  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

The Lady of the Mist, by Ed Greenwood was posted on WOTC's website:

"Lady of the Mist" has been added.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
725 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2007 :  10:45:43  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Snipped

"And All the Sinners, Saints
Paul S. Kemp
short story from Dragon #297
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/allsinnersaints

Unfortunately Wizards has gone and pulled the rug from under us, and I suspect themselves too, since very few of the linked articles on their novel product pages seem to work anymore (and for quite some time too, at least the last 4 months that I'm aware of). However, it also seems that they have at least mirrored most of those articles (ironically on their Mirrorstone site), even if getting to them is a little obscure. I'll use the above non-working link as an example:
The broken link
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/allsinnersaints
should be replaced with
http://ww2.wizards.com/books/mirrorstone/Article.aspx?doc=fr_allsinnersaints

I suspect this will work for any of the other broken links to for instance Ed Greenwood's Spin a Yarns, etc.

Simply replace
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/
with
http://ww2.wizards.com/books/mirrorstone/Article.aspx?doc=fr_
followed by the article name.

I hope this helps.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2007 :  11:16:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or you could wait for someone that has the current links handy.

"Ladies Night at the Yawning Portal"

"Only a Woman Can Take This Sort of Abuse, Part One"
"Only a Woman Can Take This Sort of Abuse, Part Two"

"The Night Tymora Sneezed", main page (links to all parts)
"The Night Tymora Sneezed, Part One"
"The Night Tymora Sneezed, Part Two"
"The Night Tymora Sneezed, Part Three"
"The Night Tymora Sneezed, Part Four"
"The Night Tymora Sneezed, Part Five"
"The Night Tymora Sneezed, Part Six"

"The Lady of the Mists"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 15 Feb 2007 11:17:02
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2007 :  05:56:49  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't updated this thread because Alaundo is hosting this list in Word format here on the site. I am updating it regularly, and it should be up to date as of the next site update. I'd like to keep this thread going with summaries of the stories and novels that have yet to be covered, and posts of any new material I may miss.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  05:11:36  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anthologies

Realms of the Arcane

Candlekeep boasts one of the finest libraries in the Realms, where the privileged few may conduct their research. But what about its secret collections? Volumes and scrolls long forgotten or hidden from the inquiring eyes of browsers. Volumes dealing with matters that can only be described as arcane.

Prologue, Interlude, Epilogue (Frame Story)
Wes Nicholson
Year:

“Wishing You Many More”
David Cook
Year:

“Secrets of Blood, Spirits of the Sea”
Cunningham, Elaine
A wemic loremaster shames his inquisitive elven captors with a tale about curiosity taken to extremes: the legend of the sahuaguin's creation. This story is set in the distant past, before the Crown Wars, and focuses on the relationship between an Illithiri (dark elf) necromancer and his wemic captive. –Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Year:

“Bread Storm Rising”
Dupree, Tom
Year:

“When Even Sky Cities Fall”
King, J. Robert
Year:

“The Grotto of Dreams”
Anthony, Mark
Year:

“A Narrowed Gaze”
Cook, Monte
Year:

“The Whispering Crown”
Greenwood, Ed
Year: 902 DR; Kythorn

“The Lady and the Shadow”
Athans, Philip
Year: -390 DR

“Shadows of the Past”
Thomsen, Brian
Year:

“Tertius and the Artifact”
Grubb, Jeff
Year:

Realms of the Deep

When armies of evil rise up from the seas around Faerûn, no one is safe.
A young mage battles at the side of Khelben Arunsun to defend the city of Waterdeep.
A merman struggles to fulfill his desperate mission to reach the Sea of Fallen Stars.

“Hard Choices”
Abbey, Lynn

A malenti spy must choose between Iakhovas and Umberlee.

Year: 1369 DR
Characters: Shemsen, Eshono, Quaanteel, Iakhovas

“Fire is Fire”
Cunningham, Elaine

"Fire is Fire" is set in Waterdeep during the attack by sea creatures. It is told in dueling first-person narrative: a young wizard, eager to fight beside his mentor Khelben Arunsun, faces off against one of the sahuagin invaders. -Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Characters: Sydon, Khelben Arunson

“Messenger to Serôs”
Archer, Peter

The merman Thraxos is sent to Serôs to warn the merfolk there of the sauhuagin invasion, but the journey takes an unfortunate turn as the portal he finds leaves him trapped in a lake far from the Sword Coast and equally far from his destination.

Location: Somewhere between the Sword Coast and the Sea of Fallen Stars
Characters: Thraxos, Ariella

“The Place Where Guards Snore at their Posts”
Greenwood, Ed

The young prankster Brandor tries to impress the lovely Shalara Embuirhan and ends up saving the island of Mintarn.

Characters: Sardinakh, Mlawerlath, Brandor, Druskin, Shalara Embuirhan, Halger, Oldivar Maerlin, The Tyrant of Mintarn

“Lost Cause”
Byers, Richard Lee

Sir Hylas of Elturel, an over-confident rider of Torm’s Fury, is placed in charge of the militia in Port Llast, where the townsfolk have been terrorized by crabmen. The brazen officer learns a bit about humility and wisdom from Captain Kendrack, and together they are able to save the town.

Characters: Sir Hylas of Elturel, Sergeant Kendrack, Dandrios, Vallam, Aquinder

“Forged in Fire”
Emery, Clayton

Heart of a Lion, the middle-aged pirate captain of the Shark’s Fang, and Lieutenant Belinda Destine of the Caleph's Imperial Marines find common ground as they fight for their lives against merrow and sahuagin.

Characters: Heart of a Lion, Lieutenant Belinda Destine of the Caleph's Imperial Marines, Bollus, Harun

“One who Swims with Sekolah”
Odom, Mel

Iakhovas’ forces search for a magical item in preparation for the destruction of the Sharksbane Wall.

Characters: Laaqueel, Iakhovas, Maartaaugh

“The Crystal Reef”
Denning, Troy

Tanetoa, the reef giant protector of the Crystal Reef is caught up in the war between the Enemy Above and the Enemy Below, as warring factions of humans and locathah arrive, each wanting to protect the reef.

Characters: Tanetoa, Kani, Bahal yn Nadir

“The Patrol”
Hobbs, Larry

Riordan Marsh, a recruit serving in the Dragon Watch, has difficulty proving his worth until he discovers a sahuagin raiding party.

Characters: Riordan Marsh, Morka Kodolan, Bashar

“The Star of Tethyr”
Reid, Thomas M.

Merrick, a young man serving in Tethyr's navy, finds life as a sailor less than adventuresome -- until the whole port comes under attack from creatures of the sea. The story takes place on Thordentor Island. –Overview by Thomas M Reid

Characters: Merrick

“Persana's Blade”
Schend, Steven E.

The young triton Keros, while defending his home and family from morkoth invaders, unwittingly takes on the power of the Claw of Xynakt, fulfilling the prophecy of Persana’s Blade.

Characters: Keros, Naran, Moras, Charan, Axar Xryl

“And the Dark Tide Rises”
Strohm, Keith Francis

Morgan Kevlynson saves the sea elf Avadriel and helps her deliver warning of the sahuagin invasion to the wizard Dhavrim Starson.

Characters: Morgan Kevlynson, Avadriel, Dhavrim Starson

Realms of the Dragons

This anthology features all-new stories by R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood, Elaine Cunningham, and the authors of the R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen series. It fleshes out many of the details from the current Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy by Richard Lee Byers and includes a short story by Byers.

“Soulbound”
Kemp, Paul S.
Year: -646 DR
Characters: Avnon Des the Seer, Kesson Rel, Furlinastis

“First Flight”
Bolme, Edward
Year: -461 DR

“Gorlist's Dragon”
Cunningham, Elaine

Tells of a pivotal event in the early life of Gorlist, one of the drow villains from the Starlight & Shadows trilogy. Set in the slums and gladitorial arenas of the Underdark city of Chad Nesad, it tells the story of Gorlist's magical dragon tattoo, and sheds light on the implicable hatred he later develops for Liriel Baenre. –Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Year: 1301 DR
Characters: Gorlist

“Keeper of Secrets, The”
Greenwood, Ed

When a debtor is killed shortly after a meeting with Mirt the Moneylender, Mirt and his old friend Durnan investigate. What they uncover is far more than they expected.

Year: 1339 DR
Characters: Mirt, Durnan

“Topaz Dragon, The”
Lebow, Jess

Captain Clay and the crew of the Expatriate are enlisted to retrieve a topaz dragon’s egg from a volcano in Chult.

Year: 1360 DR
Characters: Kraxx, Captain Clay, Mr. Mansa, Tabor, Hadar

“Wickless in the Nether “
Salvatore, R.A.

When Jarlaxle and Artemis are hired by a collector to "retrieve" a stolen item from her competitor, they become entangled in more than they bargained for.

Year: 1368 DR
Characters: Artemis Entreri, Jarlaxle

“Serpestrillvyth”
Baker, Richard

The Company of the Argent Hawk is hired by the citizens of Pelldith Lake to rid them of the green dragon, Serpestrillvyth.

Characters: Erzimar Dal Tirza of Innarlith, Gethred Hesthell of Everlund, the Vigilant Isildra of the Temple of Helm, Bragor Ironhand, Murgolm Stoyevsk of Vaasa, Ethern, Rothas, Selran, Serpestrillvyth

“Waylaid”
Reid, Thomas M.

Lynaelle Dawnmantle finds herself caught in a blizzard in Silverymoon Pass and gains some unexpected company along the way. –Overview by Thomas M Reid

Year: 1371 DR
Characters: Lynaelle Dawnmantle, Torixileos

“Standard Delving Procedure”
Smedman, Lisa

Durin, an old dwarf delver who had long since memorized the standard delving procedures of the Delver’s Tome, and his infuriatingly unconventional apprentice, Frivaldi, set out after a famous dwarven weapon.

Year: 1372 DR
Characters: Durin, Frivaldi

“An Icy Heart”
Whitney-Robinson, Voronica

A dragon turtle learns just how dangerous humans can be.

Year: 1373 DR
Characters: Chorael, Dargo, Gregoire

“Penitential Rites”
Strohm, Keith Francis

When Drakken Thaal, half-black dragon monk of Ilmater, learns that his friend Arranoth Fen has been brutally murdered, he must find the killer even if he is the killer himself.

Characters: Drakken Thaal, Arranoth Fen, Abbot Meremont, Brother Phenotar, Valerix

“How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth”
Gross, Dave

Against his better judgement, Talbot agrees to perform a commissioned play entitled King Krion, which is well accepted until the guest of honor attends a showing.

Characters: Talbot Uskevren, Mallion, Ennis, Sivana, Presbart, Lommy, Otter, Mnoneme

“Beer with a Fat Dragon”
Bassingthwaite, Don

Tycho and Li make a narrow escape from Ong’s tavern in the Endless Wastes.

Characters: Tycho Arisaenn, Kuang Li Chien, Ong, Chaka, Chotan, Ibakha

“Prisoner of Hulburg, The”
Byers, Richard Lee

Pavel and Will free the emerald dragon Vercevoran from Zhent control and find the archives that Sammaster had visited in Hurlburg.

Characters: Pavel Shemov, Will Turnstone, Vercevoran

Realms of the Dragons II

Realms rise and fall, human lives tick by like seconds on a clock, and the dragons watch from on high. But when the mighty wyrms lose their minds, when they succumb to their basest, most violent impulses, time stands still.
And that just happens to be the moment you should be running the fastest.
From the far corners of Faerûn, from the skies above and the pits below, from the imaginations of the next generation of fantasy masters, come tales of dragons good and evil.
This collection features all new stories by Forgotten Realms newcomers including Maiden of Pain author Kameron M. Franklin, Murray J.D. Leeder, Erik Scott de Bie, James P. Davis, and many more. For some, this is their first time in print, but surely won’t be their last!

“Faerie Ire”
Tettensor, Erin

The nature-loving faerie dragon Zyx is horrified when a band of humans moves into his remote corner of the Chultan jungle. With the reluctant help of the mist dragon Cirrothamalan, he embarks on an increasingly ridiculous series of schemes to drive the humans out. –Overview by Erin Tettensor

“Woman Who Drew Dragons, The”
Jones, Rosemary

“Hunting Game, The”
Scott de Bie, Erik

"The Hunting Game,” starring Alin Cateln, a good-hearted bard in the wrong place at the wrong time who gets mixed up in a dragon hunt, led by a smoldering, seductive dragon slayer with a katana, Thayan armor, and a chip on her shoulder large enough to gut a great wyrm. Alin's in way over his head, but so are they all. –Overview by Erik Scott DeBie

“Road Home, The”
Stroh, Harley

In "The Road Home" a barbarian outcast finds herself amid a company of sellswords. When the company buys a captured pseudodragon, Saskia is forced to choose between a life of civilized decadence and the hard road of the dragon. –Overview by Harley Stroh

“How Burlmarr Saved the Unseen Protector”
Franklin, Kameron M.

A young gnome from the village of Ieirithymbul in the Sword Mountains is the victim of vivid fever dreams that are somehow connected to the legendary protector of his people. –Overview by Kameron M Franklin

Characters: Burlmarr

“A Tall Tale”
Collins, J.L.

A group of Realms youths discuss what they know, and what they think they know about dragons. –Overview by JL Collins

Year: 1370 DR

“Book Dragon, The”
Pitrat, Jim

The Red Wizard Nusair Darkul has discovered the Location of The Scalamagdrion, a tome of great power first uncovered in Myth Drannor. Nusair sends his ruthless Rashemi apprentice to retrieve the tome for him, promising her Red Wizard status in exchange for the tome.

Characters: Nusair Nerron, Saura Umakra, Samas Kul

“Freedom's Promise”
Gentry, Ed

The story takes place both in the present year and a few hundred years ago. It shows (or that is to say that I hope it shows) a different side of dragons than we're used to seeing in most tales, and how a dragon might deal with qualities usually attributed to them as a race displayed in others. It focuses on the issues of greed and, of course, freedom, and how incompatible the two can sometimes be. –Overview by Ed Gentry

Year: 976-1373 DR
Characters: Gerinvioch, Aniolon Gruanthe, Kinase Bromihim, Moriandro

“Possessions”
Davis, James P.
Count Delmar Dargren is plagued by visions that seem to be related to a series of ghastly murders that have been taking place in the city of Zazesspur.
Characters: Count Kelmar Dargren, Xexellidaulgrymm

“Queen of the Mountain”
Johnson, Jaleigh

“Strength of the Jester, The”
Leeder, Murray J.D.

The mercury dragon Trinculo and his wild elf companion Khalt are drawn into a corner of the Rogue Dragons conspiracy and sent on a peculiar mission to find a solution to the Rage. –Overview by Murray J.D. Leeder

Realms of the Elves

The History Of Faerûn Is Written In The Flowing Script Of The Tel’quessir
The story of the elves of Faerûn stretches from the dawn of history to the battle for the future of a world in constant upheaval.

“Traitors”
Richard Lee Byers

Rhespen Ash, a mage of no small power, leads his troops into an ambush and a desperate fight.

Year: -25,090 DR

“Staff of Valmaxian, The”
Philip Athans
(Originally written for the Neverwinter Nights anthology)

A young elven mage struggles with his developing skills and pays a high price to develop them. Maybe even too high.

Year: -7628 DR

“Necessary Sacrifices”
Lisa Smedman
Year: 1342 DR

“Greater Treasure, The”
Erik Scott de Bie

Yldar Nathalan, the hapless, disgraced son of a noble lord of Evermeet, searches Faerun for objects of power and majesty of a bygone age, traveling with his sister Cythara, a wizard of great power and greater desire. When he tracks the Bracer of Ynloeth, legendary Coronal of Shantel Othreier, to the human city of Elversult on the day of a great overthrow, he finds more danger than he ever reckoned. For here he must battle the wrath of a demon cult and the darkest stirrings of the heart, struggle between honor and love, and face the alluring and mysterious thief Fox-at-Twilight, who will change his world forever. – Overview by Erik Scott de Bie

Year: 1362 DR

“Comrades at Odds”
R.A. Salvatore

Drizzt travels to gather the body of fallen Ellifain, but they find something unexpected.

Year: 1371 DR

“Tears So White”
Ed Greenwood

The Knights of Myth Drannor are spending time in the kitchen of Storm Silverhand when Elminster appears with very wierd quest for the knights.

Year: 1374 DR

“Bladesinger’s Lesson, The”
Richard Baker

Elves are returning. Many are dreaming about their former golden age. But one elf finds a very, very big disappointment and himself helping humans, despite something they've done in the past, who are in grievious danger.

Year: 1374 DR

Realms of Infamy

From the secret annals of Realms history come these never-before-published tales of infamy, featuring the most nefarious villains of that magical world -- Artemis Entreri, Manshoon of Zhentil Keep, Eliath Craulnober, Zulkir Szass Tamm, and many others -- told by your favorite authors.

“So High a Price”
Greenwood, Ed

As Manshoon plots to take control of the Zhentarim, Lord Amandon makes an arrangement with his long-time nemesis, Elminster.

Year: 1334 DR
Characters: Manshoon, Fzoul Chembryl, Lord Chess, Lord Amandon, Elminster

“More Things Change, The”
Cunningham, Elaine

This is the story of Elaith Craulnober's fall from grace. The setting moves from Evermeet to Waterdeep. –Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Year:
Characters: Elaith Craulnober, Princess Amnestria, Azariah Craulnober, Arilyn Moonblade

“Meaning of Lore, The”
Hendee, Barb

Chane Troiban, a devotee of Oghma, believes that knowledge is power, and he wants it for himself. He devises a plan to steal the ancient texts from The Seat of Lore, and eliminate the Loremaster there to cover his tracks. Getting in to The Seat of Lore was easy, but getting out will prove to be far more difficult.

Year:
Characters: Chane Troiban, Bransuldyn Mirrortor

“Raven's Egg”
Bergstrom, Elaine

Lord Sharven of Espar is becoming increasingly paranoid, and devises a plan with Raven of Saerloon to seek out and destroy his worst enemy.

Year:
Characters: Lord Sharven, Raven, Atera, Lord Romul

“Third Level, The”
Salvatore, R.A.

A young thief named Artemis Entreri is recruited into the thieves' guild in Calimport.

Year:
Characters: Artemis Entreri, Theebles Royuset, Pasha Basadoni

“Blood Sport”
Golden, Christie

A deadly assassin turned vampire slayer known as “The Shark” hunts Jander Sunstar through Waterdeep.

Year:
Characters: Jander Sunstar, Shakira Khazaar

“Gallow's Day”
Cook, David

Pinch decides to save a member of his crew from the gallows in order to embarrass the local authorities.

Year:
Characters: Pinch, Therin, Sprite-Heels, Corrick, Brown Maeve

“A Matter of Thorns”
Ward, James M.

Goodman Grim, the well-liked old gardener of Castle Stone, refuses to retire from his position as commanded and is subsequently murdered by the Lord of the Castle in a fit of rage. The old man’s dying curse unleashes a bizarre creature in the Castle’s rose garden.

Year:
Characters: Lord Stone, Goodman Grim, Foley Cornbottom, Sir Ganithar “the Hammer Knight”, Tomkin Woodsmanson

“Stolen Spells”
Vitola, Denise

Bareen Tykar hires Arek Adar to steal a magical brew called Spring Tonic from a dwarf named Jig Elbari who lives in Shimmer Hollow in the Sunset Mountains. Tykar betrays Arek, who then plans his revenge.

Year:
Location: Kendil, Shimmer Hollow, and Urlok, all in the Sunset Mountains
Characters: Bareen Tykar, Arek Adar, Jig Elbari

“Greatest Hero Who Ever Died, The”
King, J. Robert

On a cold winter night in the Snowdonia Mountains, a stranger enters the Howling Reed, and begins to tell the tale of Sir Paramore.

Year:
Characters: Horace, Sir Paramore, King Caen, Dorsoom, Princess Daedra, Lord Ferris, Jeremy, Petra

“Twilight”
Denning, Troy

The creation of the giants of Toril and the story of Lanaxis the titan that set into motion the events of The Twilight Giants.

Year: When the world was young
Characters: Annam the All Father, Othea, Ulutiu, Julien, Arlo, Lanaxis, the titan, Masud, the khan of fire giants, Nicias, the dynast of cloud giants, Vilmos, para¬mount of storm giants, Ottar, jarl of frost giants, and Dunmore, than of wood giants.

“Walls of Midnight, The”
Anthony, Mark

To gain acceptance into the Zhentarim, you must first prove your worth. Sememmon had given Ravendas a task: journey deep into the Sunset Mountains, to a tower called Gurthang, and return with a magical object imprisoned there, the Finger of Ckai-el-Ckaan.

Year: 1350s DR
Location: Darkhold, the tower Gurthang in the Sunset Mountains
Characters: Ravendas, Sememmon, Marnok of Illefarn

“And Wringing of Hands”
Hong, Jane Cooper

Tine, apothecary and assistant to Renek the assassin, begins to question his master’s profession.

Year:
Characters: Tine, Renek, Ashana, Sil, Menge

“Thieves' Honor”
Herbert, Mary H.

Teza, a horse thief, is recruited by a witch of Rasheman to kidnap her lover, Prince Laric of Telflamm.

Year: 1367 DR
Characters: Teza, Prince Laric of Telflamm

“Laughter in the Flames”
Lowder, James

Sir Hamnet Hawklin, famous and heroic explorer and cartgographer of the Society of Stalwart Adventurers, is exposed as a liar and coward.

Year:
Characters: Sir Hamnet Hawklin, Captain Gareth Truesilver, Uther, Cyric

“Vision”
Moore, Roger E.

As foretold to the tribal shaman Skralang by the gods, the half-goblin Zeth leads the warriors of his tribe into the human lands to learn once again what it truly means to be goblins.

Year:
Characters: Skralang, Captain Kergis, Zeth

Realms of Magic

From the research files of the legendary Volo come tales of all things magical in the Realms -- artifacts and auguries, wizards and weapons, heroes and hokum.

Prologue & Epilogue (Frame story)
Thomsen, Brian
Year: 1366 DR
Location: Volo tries to sell his Volo's Guide to All Things Magical, the Revised, Authorized, & Expanded Edition, to Justin Tym, the publisher of Tym Waterdeep Limited.
Characters: Justin Tym, Volothamp Geddarm

“Gwenhwyvar”
Salvatore, R.A.

This is the origin story of Guenhwyvar.

Year: 253 DR
Characters: Josidiah Starym, Felicity Eltargrim, Anders Beltgarden

“Smoke Powder and Mirrors”
Grubb, Jeff

Young Jehan Wands, apprentice to Maskar Wands, discusses the older generation of wizards with his fellow apprentices, Anton and Gerald. The discussion turn to smokepowder, which is overheard by a merchant who then contacts Jehan about helping him get some smokepowder out of the city.

Year:
Characters: Jehan Wands, Anton, Gerald, Ladislau the giff, Khanos

“Magic Thief, The”
Anthony, Mark

Morhion Gen'dahar, the greatest wizard in the city of Iriaebor, encounters Zeth, a magic-dead “gelding” who has uncovered the secret of the ancient Netherese gor-kethal, the thieves of magic.

Year:
Characters: Morhion Gen'dahar, Zeth

“Quiet Place, The”
Golden, Christie

Jander Sunstar is given refuge in an oak grove of Silvanus by Eldath herself. While his curse is not fully removed, the symptoms are, as long as he remains in the grove. When trouble comes to the nearby abbey, Jander is forced to make a difficult decision.

Year:
Characters: Jander Sunstar, Eldath, Oakbrother Endris

“Eye of the Dragon, The”
Greenwood, Ed

Near death, the Lady Teshla Hawkwinter bestows upon Ambreene, the youngest daughter of House Hawkwinter, the Eye of the Dragon, with a warning that it drinks thoughts. When Khelben Arunsun refuses to help Teshla, Ambreene decides to take revenge upon the mage, with the help of the Eye.

Year:
Characters: Ambreene Hawkwinter, Lady Teshla Hawkwinter, Khelben Arunsun, Laerel Arunsun, Eremoes Hawkwinter

“Every Dog His Day”
Gross, Dave

When Jame’s sister Dauna is kidnapped, an old terrier named King tries to help but the kidnappers escape. King leads Jame to Ambassador Carrague where Jame learns King’s secret, then the two set out to save Dauna.

Year:
Characters: King, Dauna, Jame, Ambassador Carrague, Betha, Chesley

“Common Spell, The”
Novak-Grubb, Kate

A teacher tells her students the story of Alias, Dragonbait, and Kasilith of the Swanmays and their hunt for a penanggalan in order to teach them the importance of literacy.

Year:
Characters: Kith Lias, Marl, Lisaka, Alias, Dragonbait, Kasilith, the Swanmays

“First Moonwell, The”
Niles, Douglas
Year:

“Luck of Llewellyn the Loquacious, The”
Kupfer, Allen C.
Year:

“Too Familiar”
Cook, David
Year:

“Red Ambition”
Rabe, Jean
Year:

“Thieves' Reward”
Herbert, Mary H.
Year: 1367 DR

“Six of Swords”
Connors, William W.
Year:

“Wild Bunch, The”
Dupree, Tom
Year:

“A Worm Too Soft”
King, J. Robert
Year:

“Gunne Runner”
Moore, Roger E.
Year:

“Direct Approach, The”
Cunningham, Elaine

Liriel Baenre and a time-traveling, female barbarian warrior match wits during a slapstick quest through the underground city. The story takes place during the brief interval between Daughter of the Drow and Tangled Webs. –Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Year:
Characters: Liriel Baenre

Realms of Mystery

A murder victim is turned into a zombie, just long enough to cover up the circumstances of his own death . . .
A silent ghost with a friendly grin greets those about to meet their doom . . .
The only clue to who's killing a party of adventurers is the letter "H," written in the blood of one of the victims . . .
Stories of murder, suspense, and intrigue by Elaine Cunninham, Jeff Grubb, Ed Greenwood, and other favorite Forgotten Realms authors.

“Speaking with the Dead”
Cunningham, Elaine

Revisits Arilyn Moonblade, Danilo Thann, and Elaith Craulnober. It takes place after Silver Shadows and before Dream Spheres. When Elaith Craulnober is accused of murdering a gnome illusionist, Danilo has the difficult (and ironic) task of proving Elaith's innocence. – Overview by Elaine Cunningham
Characters: Arilyn Moonblade, Danilo Thann, Elaith Craulnober

“A Walk in the Snow”
Gross, Dave

Lord Donnell, the resident wizard of Cantrev Myrloch, is found dead and the constable is sent to investigate. There are no apparent wounds to indicate murder, but a hastily scrawled note leads the constable to suspect foul play. Suspicion falls on Lord Donnell's neighbor, the Northman who has had his eyes set on Lord Donnell's land for some time.

Characters: Ogden, Portnoy, Megan & Niall Ericson

“Rose Window, The”
Cook, Monte
Characters:

“Club Rules, The”
Lowder, James
Characters: Artus Cimber, Hydel Pontifax

“Thieves' Justice”
Herbert, Mary H.
Characters: Teza, Kanlara

“Ekhar Lorrent: Gnome Detective”
Brown, Steven "Stan!"
Characters: Ekhar Lorrent, Jag Dubblspeir

“Devil and Tertius Wands, The”
Grubb, Jeff
Characters: Tertius Wands, Drusilla Vermeer, Ampratines

“H”
Byers, Richard Lee

An adventurer awakens to find the party's cleric struggling for life with his throat gashed open. The cleric manages to write the letter H in his own blood before he dies. Suspicion falls upon Haladan Moonglade, the party member who discovered the murder and the only member of the party awake when the cleric was killed.

Characters: Halladon Moonglade, Osher of Torm, Kovost of Mithral Hall, Moanda the Spike, Silbastis, Gybik, Perys

“Strange Bedfellows”
Strohm, Keith Francis
Characters: Aidan, Morgrim of Cyric

“Whence the Song of Steel”
King, J. Robert
Characters: Bolton Quaid, Tonias, V'Torres

“An Unusual Suspect”
Thomsen, Brian
Characters: Blondel, Passepout

“Darkly, Through a Glass of Ale”
Archer, Peter
Characters: Necht, Avarilous

“Lynaelle”
Reid, Thomas M.

Lynaelle Dawnmantle is a half-elven orphan apprenticed to a wizard in the small logging hamlet of Galen's Ford. She awakens one morning to discover that she is accused of her mentor's murder and must prove her own innocence. Galen's Ford is in the Silver Marches. –Overview by Thomas M. Reid

Characters: Lynaelle Dawnmantle

“Grinning Ghost of Taverton Hall, The”
Greenwood, Ed
Year: 1368 DR, Eleasias
Characters: Immult Greiryn, Lord Janalus Westerbotham, Rhauligan

Realms of Shadow

When Shade Enclave returns from thousands of years of exile in the Plane of Shadow, all of Faerûn is open to its dark designs.
When a tribe of kenku confront the archwizard who gave them magic but kept them as slaves, the skies rain death.
When a knight of Cormyr journeys to the ruins of Tilverton, he begins to understand the terrifying power of the archwizards.
When phaerimm roam the world, enslaving orc and human alike, the great powers of the world must depend on an ally as deadly as their enemy.
An anthology tied to the Realms-shaking Return of the Archwizards series featuring new stories by best-selling Forgotten Realms authors, including R.A. Salvatore, Troy Denning, Ed Greenwood, and Elaine Cunningham.

“Trial By Ordeal”
Smedman, Lisa
Year:

“Assassin's Shadow”
Lebow, Jess
Year:

“Too Long in the Dark”
Kemp, Paul S.
Year:

“Darksword”
Denning, Troy
Year:

“Liar's Game”
Beaven, Jessica
Year:

“That Curious Sword”
Salvatore, R.A.
Year:

“A Little Knowledge”
Cunningham, Elaine

A failed jordaini teams up with a mad sorcerer whose "gift" is the ability to see the future--in all its possible outcomes. – Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Year:
Characters:

“Astride the Wind”
Athans, Philip
Year:

“Fallen Lands, The”
Leeder, Murray J.D.

During the Phaerimm War, the wizard Arklow is the last survivor of an adventuring company massacred in the Fallen Lands en route to Evereska. He joins forces with a group of Uthgardt warriors of the Thunderbeast tribe to break an army of the phaerimm's orc mindslaves. But accord between Arklow and the magic-shunning barbarians proves fragile. –Overview by Murray J.D. Leeder

Year: During the Phaerimm War

“When Shadows Come Seeking a Throne”
Greenwood, Ed
Year:

“King Shadow”
Byers, Richard Lee
Year:

“Shifting Sands, The”
Archer, Peter
Year:

Realms of the Undead
TBA

Realms of the Underdark

The Underdark
Beneath the surface of Faerûn lies a whole different world.
A world of drow, deep gnomes, and other denizens of the dark.
A world of cities like Menzoberranzan and Skullport, of warriors and rogues like Drizzt Do'Urden and Liriel Baenre and numerous others.
Leave the security of the surface world and seek out the darkness that lies below.
Welcome to the Realms of the Underdark.

“Fires of Narbondel, The”
Anthony, Mark
Year:
Characters: Zaknafein, Drizzt (young), Matron Baenre, Matron Do'Urden
Briza, Vierna, Maya, Lolth

“A Slow Day in Skullport”
Greenwood, Ed
Year: 1358 DR
Characters: Xuzoun, Durnan, Mirt, Halaster Blackcloak, Laerel Silverhand, Elminster, Transtra, Aldon, Asper, Herle, Iraeghle, Nythyx Thunderstaff, Ulisss, Voundarra, Shandril Shessair, Torthan, Vulharindauloth, Yloebre, Zarissa

“Rite of Blood”
Cunningham, Elaine

A novella-length story describing a pivotal event in Liriel Baenre's early life. It takes place in Menzoberranzan and the surrounding tunnels. Chosen as one of the stories featured in Best of the Realms, Book 1. –Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Year: 1348 DR
Characters: Xandra Shobalar, Liriel Baenre, Tresk Aulander,
Matron Hinkutes'nat Alar Shobalar

“Sea of Ghosts”
Moore, Roger E
Year:
Characters: Geppo, Wykar

“Volo Does Menzo”
Thomsen, Brian M.
Year:
Characters: Volo, Percival Gallard Woodehous

Realms of Valor

From the secret annals of Realms history come eleven never-before-published tales of valor, featuring the greatest heroes of that magical world -- Drizzt Do'Urden, Arilyn Moonblade, Adon, Elminster of Shadowdale, Jander Sunstar, and many others.

“Lord of Lowhill, The”
Niles, Douglas
Year: 1356 DR

“Elminster at the Magefair”
Greenwood, Ed
Year: 1355 DR

“One Last Drink”
Golden, Christie
Year: 892 DR

“Bargain, The”
Cunningham, Elaine

Harper agents Arilyn Moonblade and Danilo Thann travel to Tethyr on assignment. While posing as a member of the assassins’ guild, Arilyn encounters a young assassin ambitious to prove his mettle--by stalking and killing her. This takes place between Elfshadow and Elfsong. –Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Characters: Arilyn Moonblade, Danillo Thann

“Patronage”
Cook, David

“A Virtue by Reflection”
Ciencin, Scott
Year: 1353 DR

“King's Tear”
Anthony, Mark

“Family Business, The”
Lowder, James
Year: 1335 DR

“Grandfather's Toys”
Rabe, Jean

“Curse of Tegea, The”
Denning, Troy
Characters: Adon

“Dark Mirror”
Salvatore, R.A.
Year: 1357 DR

Realms of War
“Continuum”
Kemp, Paul S.
Year: -365 DR

“Weasel’s Run”
Lisa Smedman
Year:

“Last Paladin of Ilmater, The”
Morris, Susan J.
Year:

“Black Arrow”
Cordell, Bruce R.
Year:

“Too Many Princes”
Greenwood, Ed
Year:

“Siege of Zerith Hold, The”
Lebow, Jess
Year:

“Mercy’s Reward”
Sehestedt, Mark
Year:

“Redemption”
Cunningham, Elaine
Year:

“Changing Tides”
Odom, Mel
Year:

“Chase the Dark”
Johnson, Jaleigh

“Bones and Stones”
Salvatore, R.A.
Year:

“Second Chance”
Byers, Richard Lee
Year:

Xysma's Gallery

Edited by - Xysma on 12 Jan 2008 02:37:03
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  05:14:38  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Miscellaneous

“Baldur’s Gate”
Ed Greenwood
Year:
Characters

“Bold as Brass”
Clayton Emery
http://www.claytonemery.com/BoldasBrass.html
Originally intended for the Neverwinter Nights Anthology.
Year: ?
Characters: Samir, Gisnervi, Lord Minjan, Prince Pikki

“The Dowry”
R.A. Salvatore
“The Dowry” was a bonus for Salvatore fans included in The Highwayman novel.

After the death of Wulfgar at the hands of the yochlol, Drizzt and Cattie-Brie leave Mithral Hall, eventually making their way to Waterdeep. Here they hope to join Captain Deudermont’s crew aboard the Sea Sprit. Rather than going straight to Captain Deudermont and asking to join his crew, the two decide to capture some pirates to present to Deudermont as a dowry.

Year: 1363

The Forbidden Sands of Anauroch
Vol. 1&2
Alessandro Zeminian & Andrea Verardi
Year:
Characters: Aileen, Farad’n, Gwidre, Ce’Nedra

“The Grand Tour”
Jeff Grubb

This limited edition comic book was given away free by TSR throught 1996 and features many Realms characters such as Elminster, Drizzt and Alias.
In this tale, grown-up versions of Hank, Bobby, Eric, Diana, Sheila, and Presto show up in Shadowdale at the Old Skull Inn where Elminster is busy ordering a Shadowdark from Jhaele. When Presto inquires about becoming an apprentice, Elminster takes Presto with him on his evening rounds. The first stop is Anauroch, where the pair visit Netherese ruins and encounter a sharn. They pair teleport to Cormyr where they visit Volothamp Geddarm, then on to Skullport where they meet Qilue Veladorn and she tells Presto of Drizzt Do’Urden and Liriel Baenre, two of the other drow outcasts in Faerun. Their next stop is Turmish, where Alias and Dragonbait are defending a temple of Denier from a priest of Cyric and his gnolls. Finally, they return to Shadowdale.

Year:
Characters: Elminster, Jhaele, Hank, Bobby, Eric, Diana, Sheila, Presto, Volothamp Geddarm, Alias, Dragonbait, Qilue Veladorn

“Living Forever”
Ed Greenwood

Originally appeared in the game manual for Pools of Radiance II: The Ruins of Myth Drannor

Year: 1370
Characters: Ondruu

"Moonrise over Myth Drannor"
Ed Greenwood

From Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor game manual.

Year:
Characters: Delmair Rallyhorn, Lord Mourngrym Amcathra, ELminster

Rise of the Blade
Charles Alexander Moffat
http://www.lilithgallery.com/novels/forgottenrealms_riseoftheblade.html

Originally intended for The Harpers series.

Year: 1370 DR
Characters: Doctor Pierce O'Hiram, Chev, Marque Draque, Martinez

“If Ever They Happened Upon My Lair”
R. A. Salvatore
From Dragons: Worlds Afire
Year:

Wizards.com

“Dark Times in Hastarl”
Ed Greenwood
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_darktimes
Year: 229 DR
Characters: Elminster, aka Eladar "the Dark"

“Far Too Many Thieves”
Ed Greenwood
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_bor2fartoo
Characters: Elminster, aka Eladar "the Dark"

“A Ghost of a Chance”
Ed Greenwood
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_ghostchance
Year: 224 DR
Characters: Elminster

"Revenge Among Thieves"
Ed Greenwood
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_revengethieves
Characters: Elminster, Orluth Angalaer

“How Wisdom Came to the Maimed Wizard”
Ed Greenwood
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_maimedwizard
Characters: Eirhaun "the Maimed Wizard" Sooundaeril, The Seven Sisters, Hesperdan, Narm Tamaraith

"Character Profile: Silverfall"
Ed Greenwood
Year:
Characters: Ed Greenwood, The Seven Sisters

"Never a Warpig Born"
Ed Greenwood
2001 Spin a Yarn

Red Wizards seeking to establish an enclave in Ordulin have a surprise dinner with the Simbul while Broalaunt of Thay attempts the last unbinding of a long-lasting curse.

Year:
Characters: The Simbul, Emril Thaerivel of Thay, Durnan, Mirt, Orokh, Elminster, Alustriel, Imrith Halavander, Calrauth Horthil, Yondro Belask, The Srinshee, Lady Dalance Shareth of the Sembian Church of Mystra, Broalaunt of Thay (Warpig)

“Ladies Night at the Yawning Portal”
Ed Greenwood
2002 Spin a Yarn
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/Default.aspx?doc=fr_ladiesnight
Year:

“Only a Woman Can Take This Sort of Abuse”
Ed Greenwood
2003 Spin a Yarn
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/Default.aspx?doc=fr_spinyarn2003a
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/Default.aspx?doc=fr_spinyarn2003b
Year:

“The Night Tymora Sneezed”
Ed Greenwood
2004 Spin a Yarn
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/Default.aspx?doc=fr_spinayarn2004main
Year:

“Bones of the Beast, The”
Murray J.D. Leeder
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_sonthunderbones

The ancient tale of Uther Gardolfsson's ascendance to the deity Uthgar.

Year: 107 DR
Characters: Uther Gardolfsson

“Wayfarer”
Erik Scott de Bie
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_wayfarer

The young Meris, son of the new Lord Singer Dharan Greyt, has seen more than a boy should ever have to see, and his world shakes with its implications. He seeks to escape, only to find jealous siblings, a haunting voice on the night’s breeze, and the darkness in his own soul standing solidly in his path. –Overview by Erik Scott de Bie

(Note: Chronologically, this short story occurs shortly after the prologue and fifteen years before the first chapter of Ghostwalker.)

Year: 1359 DR
Characters: Meris Wayfarer

“And all the Sinners, Saints”
Paul S Kemp
http://ww2.wizards.com/books/mirrorstone/Article.aspx?doc=fr_allsinnersaints
Year:
Characters: Erevis Cale, Drasek Riven

“That Time of the Tenday”
Erik Scott de Bie
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_depthsofmadnessstory
Year: 1374

“The Lady of the Mists”
Ed Greenwood
2005 Spin a Yarn
Year:

“Wraith: A Short Story”
Jaleigh Johnson
http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_howlingdelvestory

Meisha, a young Wraith on the streets of Keczulla meets the wizard Varan.

Year: Prior to the events in The Howling Delve
Characters: Meisha, Varan

"Every Revel a Masterpiece" (part 1)
Ed Greenwood
Spin A Yarn 2006

Year:

"The Way"
Ed Gentry

Year:

"A Moment with Alusair"
Ed Greenwood

Year:
Characters: Princess Alusair Nacacia Obarskyr,Marladro Saelguth of Arabel

AD&D Comic Book Series

DC Comics

“Gathering, The”
Issue 1
Michael Fleisher
Characters: Imgig Zu, Timoth Eyesbright, Onyx the Invincible, Cybriana of Shadowdale, Vajra Valmeyjar, Priam Agrivar, Kilili, Luna

“Bounty Seekers of Manshaka, The”
Issue 2
Michael Fleisher
Characters: Imgig Zu, Timoth Eyesbright, Onyx the Invincible, Cybriana of Shadowdale, Vajra Valmeyjar, Priam Agrivar, Kilili, Conner, Luna

“Secret of Selune's Eye, The”
Issue 3
Michael Fleisher
Characters: Imgig Zu, Timoth Eyesbright, Onyx the Invincible, Cybriana of Shadowdale, Vajra Valmeyjar, Priam Agrivar, Kilili, Conner, Luna

“Sorcerer's Moon”
Issue 4
Michael Fleisher
Characters: Imgig Zu, Timoth Eyesbright, Onyx the Invincible, Vajra Valmeyjar, Priam Agrivar, Kyriani, Luna

“Spirit of Myrrth, The”
Issue 5
The Spirit of Myrrth, part I
Dan Mishkin
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Vajra Valmeyjar, Kyriani, Conner, Luna, Myrrth

“Beneath the City of the Dead”
Issue 6
The Spirit of Myrrth, part II
Dan Mishkin
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Vajra Valmeyjar, Kyriani, Conner, Luna

“Showtime! or Revenge of the Living Monologue”
Issue 7
The Spirit of Myrrth, part III
Dan Mishkin
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Vajra Valmeyjar, Kyriani, Conner, Piergeiron Paladinson, Khelben Arunson

“Die Laughing”
Issue 8
The Spirit of Myrrth, part IV
Dan Mishkin
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Vajra Valmeyjar, Kyriani, Conner, Myrrth, Luna

“Night of the Moonpenguin”
Issue 9
Catspaw, Part I
Jeff Grubb
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Timoth Eyesbright, Tertius Wands, Khelben Arunson, Xanathar, Ilserv, Shindia

“Of Mirt and Mind Flayers”
Issue 10
Catspaw, Part II
Jeff Grubb
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Timoth Eyesbright, Tertius Wands, Khelben Arunson, Xanathar, Ilserv, Shindia, Kyriani, Vajra Valmeyjar, Luna, Harshnag the Grim, Jardwim, Mirt, Asper

“All Hades Breaks Loose”
Issue 11
Catspaw, Part III
Jeff Grubb
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Timoth Eyesbright, Tertius Wands, Khelben Arunson, Xanathar, Ilserv, Shindia, Kyriani, Vajra Valmeyjar, Luna, Harshnag the Grim, Jardwim, Mirt, Khelben Arunson

“Down In the Depths”
Catspaw, Part IV
Issue 12
Jeff Grubb
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Timoth Eyesbright, Tertius Wands, Khelben Arunson, Xanathar, Ilserv, Shindia, Amprantines, Harshnag the Grim, Jardwim, Asper, Luna

“Shackles of the Past”
Issue 13
Spell Games, Part I
Dan Mishkin
Characters: Vajra Valmeyjar, Conner, Timoth Eyesbright, Salabak, Abon Duum, Kyriani

“Shell Game”
Issue 14
Spell Games, Part II
Dan Mishkin
Characters: Vajra Valmeyjar, Conner, Salabak, Abon Duum, Chancil Crystalheart

“Cat and Mouse”
Issue 15
Spell Games, Part III
Dan Mishkin
Characters: Vajra Valmeyjar, Conner, Salabak, Abon Duum, The Catlord

“Last Betrayal, The”
Issue 16
Spell Games, Part IV
Dan Mishkin
Characters: Vajra Valmeyjar, Conner, Salabak, Abon Duum, The Catlord, Tyr, Luna, Onyx the Invincible, Timoth Eyesbright

“Kyriani's Story: The Ostus Legacy”
Issue 17
Dan Mishkin

“Day of the Darkening”
Issue 18
Dan Mishkin

“1st Quarter: Selune Rising”
Issue 19
Dan Mishkin

“2nd Quarter: Dark of the Moon”
Issue 20
Dan Mishkin

“3rd Quarter: Lunatics”
Issue 21
Dan Mishkin

“4th Quarter: Total Eclipse”
Issue 22
Dan Mishkin

“Lawyers!”
Issue 23
Dan Mishkin

“Scavengers”
Issue 24
Dan Mishkin

“Predators”
Issue 25
Dan Mishkin

“Survivors”
Issue 26
Dan Mishkin

“Death and the Dragon's Eye”
Issue 27
Dan Mishkin

“Suspicion”
Issue 28
Dan Mishkin

“Dead of Night”
Issue 29
Dan Mishkin

“Burning Question”
Issue 30
Dan Mishkin

“Pillar of Gold”
Issue 31
Dan Mishkin

“Broken Pillars”
Issue 32
Dan Mishkin

“Wager that Saved Waterdeep, The”
Issue 33
Dan Mishkin

“Telling Lies”
Issue 34
Dan Mishkin

“Truth, The”
Issue 35
Dan Mishkin

“Finale”
Issue 36
Dan Mishkin

“Players”
Dan Mishkin

“Dwarves' Night Out”
Jeff Grubb

“I, Connor”
Dan Raspler

“Challenge of Timoth Eyesbright, The”
Dan Mishkin

TSR Worlds Annual #1
“Chapter 3”
Kate Novak-Grubb
Characters: Onyx the Invincible, Timoth Eyesbright, Kyriani, Vajra Valmeyjar, Luna

Forgotten Realms Comic Book Series

DC Comics

Issue 1
“Ogre's Paw, The”
The Hand of Vaprak, part I
Jeff Grubb

The paladin Priam Agrivar finds the Hand of Vaprak and saves Vartan Hai Sylvar, a gold elf priest of Enoreth Labelas, from a band of gnolls. Meanwhile, Halruaan wizard Dwalimor Omen, captain of the Realms Master, and his crew: Foxilon Cardluck, halfling first mate, Ishi Barasume, eastern swordswoman, and Minder, the dwarven maid in the body of an iron golem, search for the Hand of Vaprak.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Gornak

Issue 2
“Converging Lines”
The Hand of Vaprak, part II
Jeff Grubb

The crew of the Realmsmaster track down Priam and Vartan, Foxilin steals the Hand of Vaprak, loses it to a doppelganger, and Elminster enlists Alias and Dragonbait to retrieve the hand for him.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Gornak, Elminster, Lhaeo, Alias, Dragonbait

Issue 3
“Great Game, The”
The Hand of Vaprak, part III
Jeff Grubb

Gornak, the ogre mage, lures our heroes into a trap. Things are not going well until Alias, Dragonbait, and FOxilon come to the rescue.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Gornak, Alias, Dragonbait

Issue 4
“Fools Rush In”
The Hand of Vaprak, part IV
Jeff Grubb

The heroes defeat Gornak and toss the Hand of Varprak into the demiplane of fear.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Gornak, Alias, Dragonbait, Elminster

Issue 5
“Dragon in the Dale, The”
The Dragonreach Saga, part I
Jeff Grubb

The crew of the Realmsmaster journey to Shadowdale for an audience with Elminster and are mistaken for adventurers summoned to deal with a dragon problem in the Dalelands.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Elminster, Lhaeo, Mourngrym Amcathra, Murilantilathenes, The Dragonkiller

Issue 6
“Dragonspawn”
The Dragonreach Saga, part II

Someone is killing dragons in the Realms and the crew of the Realmsmaster volunteer to visit the dragons’ congress.

Jeff Grubb
Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Elminster, Lhaeo, Mourngrym Amcathra, Murilantilathenes, Enoreth Labelas, The Dragonkiller

Issue 7
“Dragonsmoker”
The Dragonreach Saga, part III
Jeff Grubb

Foxilon unwittingly frees a Tethyrite assassin bent on killing Lhaeo, Priam has an epiphany, the Dragonkiller raises the tarrasque, and Shaerl goes into labor.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Elminster, Lhaeo, Mourngrym Amcathra, Murilantilathenes, Enoreth Labelas, Shaerl Amcathra, The Dragonkiller, the Tarrasque

Issue 8
“Dragons (And Other Beasts)”
The Dragonreach Saga, part IV
Jeff Grubb

Omen and the crew defeat the Dragonkiller and the tarrasqe, and Shaerl and Mourngrym’s son is born.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Elminster, Lhaeo, Mourngrym Amcathra, Murilantilathenes, Enoreth Labelas, Shaerl Amcathra, The Dragonkiller, the Tarrasque

Issue 9
“Minder's Story: The Day After”
Jeff Grubb

The story of Minder.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar

Issue 10
“Head Cheeeese”
Jeff Grubb

The story of Foxilon Cardluck.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar

Issue 11
“Jasmine”
Triangles, part I
Jeff Grubb

The crew of the Realms Master meet a young winged woman named Jasmine as they search Saerloon for the Horn of Valos.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Jasmine “Jas”

Issue 12
“Rivals”
Triangles, part II
Jeff Grubb

Jasmine joins foces with the crew of the Realmsmaster when Halruaan authorities come for Dwalimor Omen.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Jasmine “Jas”, Gabrela, Captain Allistar Grimwald

Issue 13
“Trial”
Triangles, part III
Jeff Grubb

As Omen is tried for treason against Halruaa aboard a Halruaan skyship, the crew works to free themselves and Omen.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Jasmine “Jas”, Captain Allistar Grimwald

Issue 14
“Liches in Love”
Jeff Grubb

Viranton the Lich sets his sights on Jasmine as his next bride. This story is concluded in TSR Worlds Annual #1

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Jasmine “Jas”, Viranton the Lich

TSR Worlds Annual #1
“Chapter 4”
James Lowder

Meredith and the crew of the Spelljammer set out to find Jasmine, the daughter of Meredith’s old friends Rose and Michael. Meredith’s crew and the crew of the Realmsmaster are set against each other by Viranton’s servant, but team up to rescue Jasmine. Jasmine then joins Meredith’s crew.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Jasmine “Jas”

Annual #1
“Waterdhavian Nights”
Jeff Grubb

The crew of the Realmsmaster travels to Waterdeep in search of the Eye of Selune which is said to be kept at a bar called Selune’s Smile.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Timoth Eyesbright, Onyx the Invincible, Vajra Valmeyjar, Kyriani, Shindia

“Siblings”
Characters: Priam Agrivar, Kyriani
Priam finds his half-sister, Kyriani, passing on information to the followers of Imgig Zu that will lead them to the Eye of Selune.

“Fireworks”
Characters: Ishi Barasume, Vajra Valmeyjar
Ishi and Vajra meet and trail the followers of Imgig Zu to a clandestine meeting with a Gondsman.

“Soulmates”
Characters: Minder, Onyx the Invincible
It’s love at first sight when Minder saves Onyx the Invincible from an ambush by the followers of Imgig Zu.

“The Trouble with Humans”
Characters: Vartan Hai Sylvar, Timoth Eyesbright
Vartan’s womanizing gets him into trouble until a chance encounter with Timoth Eyesbright pulls his fat from the fire. The pair encounter Shidia and her thieves and decide to thwart their plans.

“Leaders”
Characters: Foxilon Cardluck, Conner
Foxilon and Conner find the Eye of Selune then they are attacked by a headless golem and Conner sends Foxilon to Selune’s Smile.

“Bar Tales”
Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Timoth Eyesbright, Onyx the Invincible, Vajra Valmeyjar, Kyriani, Shindia, Luna
Shindia, Kyriani, and the followers of Imgig Zu arrive at Selune’s Smile to take the Eye of Selune. Kyriani reveals her true allegiance as she attacks the cult leader, Priam shows up along with the rest of our heroes and defeat the followers of Imgig Zu.

Issue 15
“Possessions”
Fallen Idols, Part I
Jeff Grubb

The crew is attacked by hordes of goblinoids while retrieving the Timepiece of Dragons, and magic goes haywire as the Time of Troubles begins. The crew winds up in Rauthym where the elven avatar of the god Enoreth Labelas has gone mad.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Enoreth Labelas

Issue 16
“Mad Gods and Paladins”
Fallen Idols, Part II
Jeff Grubb

Vartan is possessed by his god, Enoreth Labelas, who removes Omen’s disease and Foxilon’s addiction trying to enlist their aid in his mad scheme to defeat Helm. The avatar of Clangeddin arrives to stop Enoreth, but is seemingly destroyed.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Enoreth Labelas

Issue 17
“Divine Rights”
Fallen Idols, Part III
Jeff Grubb

Tensions rise as the crew prepares for Enoreth’s attack on Helm. The avatar’s vanity and madness grow until Agrivar attacks him, Minder steps in and her body is destroyed by the mad god.

Issue 18
“On Earth as it is in Heaven”
Fallen Idols, Part IV
Jeff Grubb

The crew manages to separate Vartan from Enoreth by casting him into the demiplane of fear, but not before he returns Agrivar’s addiction to drink, Omen’s disease, and Foxilon’s addiction to cheeeese. The Realmsmaster is destroyed by Helm.

Issue 19
“Picking Up the Pieces”
Jeff Grubb

Minder’s body is destroyed, Omen is on the brink of madness, Agrivar is gravely wounded, Vartan refuses to use his divine magic, and the Realmsmaster is scattered across the desert, leaving only Ishi and Foxilon to take control of the situation. Just when things can’t get worse, the crew I captured by mysterious assailants.

Issue 20
“Temptations”
Jeff Grubb

The crew is imprisoned by a tribe of warrior women led by their master Los. Ishi is chosen to join the warrior women but refuses, only to learn that they are shapeshifters. Ishi escapes to the Forgemaster’s laboratory where Minder’s body is dumped into the forge.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Longerra, Karse, Los, Forgemaster

Issue 21
“Cannibal Girls (Won't You Come Out Tonight?)”
Jeff Grubb

Ishi frees her companions and they battle Lord Los and his cat women throughout the compound, finally taking refuge in the Forgemaster’s laboratory.

Issue 22
“Cat Logic”
Jeff Grubb

The true purpose of the Forgemaster’s statues is revealed. The crew gains an unexpected ally as Karse turns on Lord Los, and Minder returns in a new body.

Issue 23
“Unreal Estate”
Jeff Grubb

A halfling is running a con game, giving out fake charters signed by King Azoun IV himself, granting rights to settle in Myth Drannor. The crew investigates the con man, and he turns out to be no match for Foxilon.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Sandusk

Issue 24
“Everybody Wants to Run the Realms”
Jeff Grubb

A humorous glimpse behind the scenes of the Forgotten Realms.

Characters: Priam Agrivar, Foxilon Cardluck, Dwalimor Omen, Ishi Barasume, Minder, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Elminster, Khelben Arunson, Jeff Grubb, James Lowder

Issue 25
“Wake of the Realmsmaster, The”
Jeff Grubb

Enoreth Labelas returns to redeem himself in the eyes of Vartan Hai Silver.

Avatar: War of the Gods comic book series

This is the DC comics adaptation of the Avatar series.

Book 1
Characters: Kelemvor, Cyric, Midnight, Adon, Mystra, Bane, Myrkul, Bhaal

Book 2

Book 3

Xysma's Gallery

Edited by - Xysma on 31 Dec 2007 02:48:31
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  05:15:09  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon Magazine

“…Songs of Death”
Ed Greenwood
Dragon 115

This is a brief story that serves as the introduction to Ed's article on Harpies. Elminster tells the tale of Melazzar of Waterdeep's first encounter with harpies, which led to the composition of his first ballad.

Year:
Characters: Melazzar of Waterdeep, Elminster

“The First Notch”
R.A. Salvatore
Dragon 152
Year: 1100s DR
Characters: Bruenor Battlehammer

“Nothing but Trouble”
Ed Greenwood
Dragon 238
Location: Mother Tethla’s Turret Club for Adventurers, Waterdeep
Characters: Mirt the Moneylender, Elminster

“In the Bleak Deepwinter”
Lynn Abbey
Dragon 242
Year: 1016 DR
Characters: The Simbul

“Honest and True”
Troy Denning
Dragon 245

Malik el Sami yn Nasser, Cyric's Seraph of Lies, tries desperately to get his "humble volume" An Honest and True Account of the Trial of Cyric the Mad, or How Our Dark Lord Saved Faerun (Again) published. As he carries his work to the printing houses of Waterdeep, Ruha, the “Harper shrew,” badgers him at every turn.

Characters: Ruha, Malik

“The Great Hunt”
Elaine Cunningham
Dragon 246

Arilyn Moonblade and Elaith Craulnober are tracked by a trio of Gruumsh worshippers out on a ritual hunt. Although Arilyn is wounded and Elaith's first concern is getting her to safety, there is some doubt as to who's hunting whom. -Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Characters: Elaith Craulnober, Arilyn Moonblade

“Reunification: Body & Soul”
Jeff Grubb
Dragon 247

“Dark Legacy”
Mel Odom
Dragon 255
Year: 1355 DR
Characters: Narros, Herric, Captain Kenson

“Stolen Dreams”
Elaine Cunningham

"Stolen Dreams" is a retelling of "Speaking with the Dead," a short story in REALMS OF MYSTERY, told from a different point of view. Here a human tavern wench raised by gnomes learns that she is Isabeau Thione, a minor member of Tethyr's royal family. Unfortunately, she learns this fact AFTER she stole Elaith Craulnober's dagger, and it's not entirely clear whether she'll live long enough to enjoy her new status. -Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Dragon 259
Characters: Isabeau Thione, Arilyn Moonblade, Elaith Craulnober, Danillo Than

“The Honor of Two Swords”
Kate Novak-Grubb
Dragon 260
Characters: Priam Agrivar, Ishi Barasume

The Innkeeper's Secret”
Troy Denning
Dragon 266
Characters: Tanalasta Obarskyr, Vangerdahast

“Shamur’s Wager”
Richard Lee Byers
Dragon 273
Year:
Characters: Shamur Uskevren

“Another Name for Dawn”
Paul S. Kemp
Dragon 277

A killer named Vasen Coriver becomes a traitor to the Night Masks and must escape Westgate. In an attempt to help his student escape, Vasen's teacher, Theevis, removes Vasen’s red hair to change his appearance. Vasen tries to make it out of Westgate alive, taking on the name Erevis Cale.

Year:
Characters: Erevis Cale

“Possessions”
Elaine Cunningham
Dragon 282

"Posessions" tells the backstory of a minor character in the Counselors and Kings trilogy. A young wizard is drawn to necromancy, and learns that she is not the first member of her family to take this dark path. -Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Year:
Characters: Noor Ghalagar, Akhlaur, Kiva

“Garden of Souls”
Richard Lee Byers
Dragon 283
Year:

“And All the Sinners, Saints”
Paul S. Kemp
Dragon 297

Cale comes to terms with his relationship with Mask, and with Riven, whose fate seems to be intertwined with his own.

Year:
Characters: Erevis Cale, Drasek Riven

“Memories”
Lisa Smedman
Dragon 299
Year: 1364 DR
Characters: Larajin Uskevren

“Cause and Effect”
Paul S. Kemp
Dragon 301

In Inner Phlan, a half-orc named Rasten swears by Hoar to exact vengeance on Vax Gallen, leader of the thugs that brutally beat Rasten and his mentor Solomon, a priest of Ilmater. As Rasten seeks his vengeance, he remembers the lessons of forgiveness taught to him by his mentor, and realizes he has a difficult decision to make.

Year:
Characters: Solomon, Rasten, Vax Gellen

“Haunted: A Tale of Sembia”
Dave Gross
Dragon 304
Year: 1351, 1372
Characters: Radu Malveen, Stannis Malveen

“New in Town”
Richard Lee Byers
Dragon 320
Year:
Characters: Taegen Nightwind

“Silverfish, The”
Richard Lee Byers
Dragon 327
Year:
Characters: Pavel Shemov

“Game of Chance”
Elaine Cunningham
Dragon 335

"Games of Chance" takes place in Waterdeep, shortly after the events of the novel CITY OF SPLENDORS. An unusual visitor to one of Elaith Craulnober's gambling establishments suggests a way to ensure that Elaith's daughter Azariah can inherit the Craulnober moonblade, despite the inherent disadvantage found in her gold elf heritage.
-Overview by Elaine Cunningham

Year:
Characters: Elaith Craulnober, Oltennius Gondblessed, Azariah, Tincheron

“Rivals”
Richard Lee Byers
Dragon 343

Dorn Graybrook meets Raryn Snowstealer.

Year:
Characters: Dorn Greybrook, Raryn Snowstealer

Xysma's Gallery

Edited by - Xysma on 26 Aug 2007 05:34:06
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  05:32:43  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to go ahead and update this thread to include changes, additions, and the AD&D and Forgotten Realms comic books series. As always, please feel free to fill in the gaps so we can get closer to a finished product.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2007 :  12:55:15  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Great work, Xysma. 'tis indeed a splendid resource

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2007 :  03:14:25  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Updated Realms of Magic: Prologue & Epilogue (Frame story), “Gwenhwyvar”, “Smoke Powder and Mirrors”, “Magic Thief, The”
“Quiet Place, The”, “Eye of the Dragon, The”, “Every Dog His Day”, and “Common Spell, The”

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2007 :  19:46:37  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
“The Dowry”
R.A. Salvatore
“The Dowry” was a bonus for Salvatore fans included in The Highwayman novel.

Year: 1363

-------------

Was this story only puplished in The Highwayman novel? And when will it be in a real FR novel?
That`s so crazy.
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2007 :  05:34:30  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lameth

Was this story only puplished in The Highwayman novel? And when will it be in a real FR novel?
That`s so crazy.

It was only published in The Highwayman and I doubt it will make it into a Realms book. Perhaps if they decide to go with a Best of Salvatore collection...

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000