Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Anthologies and Tales overviews
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2005 :  15:50:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Great work, Xysma.
Three omissions I notice at a casual glance:

Author credit (Ed Greenwood) missing from “Living Forever”

Two website entries missing for Ed, too:
1. His first Spin A Yarn tale
2. Revenge Among Thieves, the fourth Elminster Making Of A Mage outtake, posted on the website about a month ago

Oh, and Ed’s hilarious Silverfall “character profile” fiction piece is on the website, too.

Nevertheless, nicely done.
love,
THO

And I'll provide the links...

For Revenge among Thieves and Character Profile: Silverfall.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  03:27:57  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks THO and Sage. I've added Character Profile: Silverfall, and Revenge Among Thieves, and their corresponding links. I can't seem to find another Spin A Yarn story, so if anyone has a link it would be greatly appreciated.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  03:47:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Refer you to Part One and Part Two of "Only a Woman Can Take This Sort of Abuse"?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  04:03:49  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Refer you to Part One and Part Two of "Only a Woman Can Take This Sort of Abuse"?

I've got that listed, as well as the 2002 and 2004 Spin A Yarn stories, but according to THO I'm missing the first Spin A Yarn tale.

Xysma's Gallery

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  05:29:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

quote:

I've got that listed, as well as the 2002 and 2004 Spin A Yarn stories, but according to THO I'm missing the first Spin A Yarn tale.

"Ladies Night at the Yawning Portal" is the earliest one listed on the Wizards page. Their archives from before April 2002 are spotty, at best. From my experience, there is stuff on their site that's not linked anywhere... But if there was an earlier Spin a Yarn published online, I know nothing of it.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  05:38:40  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

"Ladies Night at the Yawning Portal" is the earliest one listed on the Wizards page. Their archives from before April 2002 are spotty, at best. From my experience, there is stuff on their site that's not linked anywhere... But if there was an earlier Spin a Yarn published online, I know nothing of it.

Thanks Wooly, maybe THO will clear this up for us...

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  05:52:00  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AHA! I found a reference to the mysterious Spin A Yarn tale here in our own Halls. Unfortunately the link is dead and the story is apprently no longer available on the site. If anyone happens to have "Never a Warpig Born" perhaps we could post it on the main site?

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  09:29:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

AHA! I found a reference to the mysterious Spin A Yarn tale here in our own Halls. Unfortunately the link is dead and the story is apprently no longer available on the site. If anyone happens to have "Never a Warpig Born" perhaps we could post it on the main site?

Well met

Pesky Wizards I feared this would happen. I actually used to include copies of various WotC articles of lore here at Candlekeep (such as the Perilous Gateways series etc.) incase they became unavailable at WotC, for whatever reason. Alas, I hadn't included Spin a Yarn articles, for fear of the Wizards wrath

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  19:06:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Pesky Wizards I feared this would happen. I actually used to include copies of various WotC articles of lore here at Candlekeep (such as the Perilous Gateways series etc.) incase they became unavailable at WotC, for whatever reason. Alas, I hadn't included Spin a Yarn articles, for fear of the Wizards wrath

I do have that story, if you want a copy to host, Big Al. I apparently stumbled across it (or was linked to it) in 2003.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  19:39:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do have that story, if you want a copy to host, Big Al. I apparently stumbled across it (or was linked to it) in 2003.

Well met

Aye, I have it in my own private collection, Wooly. Thank ye. Mayhaps now that the link has expired i'll simply include it here at Candlekeep Thank ye for the offer, nevertheless.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  17:09:17  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone is interested and hasn't read them yet, I added links to parts 1&2 of Ed's new story, "Oroon Rising" to the listing.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2005 :  06:25:58  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A link to "Oroon Rising, Part 3" by Ed Greenwood has been added to the list.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2005 :  13:59:36  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a synopsis for my DRAGON Magazine stories:

"The Great Hunt." Arilyn Moonblade and Elaith Craulnober are tracked by a trio of Gruumsh worshippers out on a ritual hunt. Although Arilyn is wounded and Elaith's first concern is getting her to safety, there is some doubt as to who's hunting whom.

"Stolen Dreams" is a retelling of "Speaking with the Dead," a short story in REALMS OF MYSTERY, told from a different point of view. Here a human tavern wench raised by gnomes learns that she is Isabeau Thione, a minor member of Tethyr's royal family. Unfortunately, she learns this fact AFTER she stole Elaith Craulnober's dagger, and it's not entirely clear whether she'll live long enough to enjoy her new status.

"Posessions" tells the backstory of a minor character in the Counselors and Kings trilogy. A young wizard is drawn to necromancy, and learns that she is not the first member of her family to take this dark path.

"Games of Chance" takes place in Waterdeep, shortly after the events of the novel CITY OF SPLENDORS. An unusual visitor to one of Elaith Craulnober's gambling establishments suggests a way to ensure that Elaith's daughter Azariah can inherit the Craulnober moonblade, despite the inherent disadvantage found in her gold elf heritage.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 27 Oct 2005 14:01:29
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2005 :  14:10:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here's the DRAGON issues Elaine's stories appeared in:

"The Great Hunt" -- #246
"Stolen Dreams" -- #259
"Possessions" -- #282
"Games of Chance" -- #335

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  21:40:22  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

Here's a synopsis for my DRAGON Magazine stories:

"The Great Hunt." Arilyn Moonblade and Elaith Craulnober are tracked by a trio of Gruumsh worshippers out on a ritual hunt. Although Arilyn is wounded and Elaith's first concern is getting her to safety, there is some doubt as to who's hunting whom.

"Stolen Dreams" is a retelling of "Speaking with the Dead," a short story in REALMS OF MYSTERY, told from a different point of view. Here a human tavern wench raised by gnomes learns that she is Isabeau Thione, a minor member of Tethyr's royal family. Unfortunately, she learns this fact AFTER she stole Elaith Craulnober's dagger, and it's not entirely clear whether she'll live long enough to enjoy her new status.

"Posessions" tells the backstory of a minor character in the Counselors and Kings trilogy. A young wizard is drawn to necromancy, and learns that she is not the first member of her family to take this dark path.

"Games of Chance" takes place in Waterdeep, shortly after the events of the novel CITY OF SPLENDORS. An unusual visitor to one of Elaith Craulnober's gambling establishments suggests a way to ensure that Elaith's daughter Azariah can inherit the Craulnober moonblade, despite the inherent disadvantage found in her gold elf heritage.

Thank you Elaine! These have now been added.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  15:23:40  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oroon Rising, Part 4 is up:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fict/20051105a

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  01:26:17  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was informed by Sage and Wooly that Oroon Rising is not set in the Realms, so I have removed them from the list of Realms fiction, but put them here for any Ed fans that are interested.

"Oroon Rising, Part 1"
Ed Greenwood
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fict/20050920a

"Oroon Rising, Part 2"
Ed Greenwood
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fict/20051003a

"Oroon Rising, Part 3"
Ed Greenwood
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fict/20051022a

"Oroon Rising, Part 4"
Ed Greenwood
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fict/20051105a

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2005 :  22:41:55  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well met

I did a little searching around and found the following archived page from WOTC's website with this story. Note for some reason this only works if you copy and paste the entire link into your address bar.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011204045146/http://wizards.com/books/main.asp?x=forgottenrealms/articles/warpig,2&b=forgottenrealms

Edited by - DragonReader on 21 Dec 2005 22:43:44
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  20:53:49  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DragonReader

quote:

quote:

Well met

I did a little searching around and found the following archived page from WOTC's website with this story. Note for some reason this only works if you copy and paste the entire link into your address bar.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011204045146/http://wizards.com/books/main.asp?x=forgottenrealms/articles/warpig,2&b=forgottenrealms

Thanks DragonReader, not having that was driving me nuts!

Xysma's Gallery

Edited by - Xysma on 03 Jan 2006 20:54:58
Go to Top of Page

DragonReader
Senior Scribe

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  19:10:05  Show Profile  Visit DragonReader's Homepage Send DragonReader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are quite welcome. Hope you enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2006 :  07:23:07  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clayton Emery's "Bold as Brass," originally intended for the never-published Neverwinter Nights Anthology, has been added to the list. Thanks DragonReader!

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  15:33:01  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Added "Bones of the Beast" and "Wayfarer" from wizards.com

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  15:53:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll also add that Paul's "And All the Sinners, Saints" short story from DRAGON #297 is now available online at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/allsinnersaints

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Feb 2006 01:36:07
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  16:47:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll also add that Paul's "And All the Sinners, Saints" short story from DRAGOM #297 is now available online at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/allsinnersaints

Dragom? Is that a new magazine?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  19:41:19  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not to be picky -- I just wanted to point out that my name was misspelled. It's "de Bie" not "DeBie" or "De Bie."

Wouldn't want people thinking I was two (or three!) people, eh?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 20 Feb 2006 19:55:16
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  20:59:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I only want people to think that on payday.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  21:47:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I only want people to think that on payday.

Point.

Though occasionally, I'm well served if and when people think I'm not a person, but an organization. . . like a church, for instance. Then, well, no taxes.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2006 :  01:36:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll also add that Paul's "And All the Sinners, Saints" short story from DRAGOM #297 is now available online at WotC:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/allsinnersaints

Dragom? Is that a new magazine?

Trying to win the title back now are you Wooly?

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2006 :  19:42:02  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Not to be picky -- I just wanted to point out that my name was misspelled. It's "de Bie" not "DeBie" or "De Bie."

Cheers

Thanks for pointing that out, your name is now correct (I hope I got them all)

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  20:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to pass along to my fellow scribes that I picked up Salvatore's The Highwayman at Waldenbooks (Borders) today for $5.99 if anyone (like me) was interested in buying it for it's bit of Realmslore but didn't want to pay full price.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000