Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Eric L Boyd
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  19:09:33  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont know, in most cases I can think of it has been an advantage that the guidelines have been rather loose. With a more heavy handed enforcement of the earlier decisions many of the elements from the earlier editions (gods, planes etc)would have been left out permanently. In many ways its easier to flow with changing design philosophies if the rules are not set in stone, lessening the need for realm-shaking events and "it has allways been like this" changes.

Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  18:39:52  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

A question for the Interactive Atlas expert

What are the Fort Blood and Upparkol locations (I can't find any reference to them) near the Omlarandin moutains ?

BTW, I just ran a 3.5 conversion of Sleep of Ages (modified to suit my campaign). The Order of the Crescent Moon is now looking for a home base.

Edited by - Skeptic on 01 Jul 2006 22:08:17
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  21:56:29  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Hi,

A question for the Interactive Atlas expert

What are the Fort Blood and Upparkok locations (I can't find any reference to them) near the Omlarandin moutains ?

BTW, I just ran a 3.5 conversion of Sleep of Ages (modified to suit my campaign). The Order of the Crescent Moon is now looking for a home base.

Hmm. Neither of those sound familiar. I'd check DDGttU (Iltkazar entry and environs), LoI, or EotSS. Come to think of it, it could be a location that was detailed in the "uncut" version of LoI (before the editor got his hands on Steven's copy). I think I included all of those in hopes they might make it into print someday (never did).

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  00:02:07  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

Eric,

I am certainly going to use Eldreth Veluuthra "double agents" such as the one who has infiltrated the ranks of the Night Masks .Would they see it important to have an agent within the ranks of the Zhentarim? What goals might such an agent have?

Yes. Manipulate the Zhenatrim to kill as many humans as possible.

quote:
Also, would you see it possible that the EV might ally themselves with the orcs and half-orcs of The Broken Sword? BS seeks to restore "The Green Time" (as described in Polyhedron) and their aims and means seem to be very similar to those of the EV...

They might manipulate the Broken Sword, but the EV would never truly ally with N'Tel-Quess.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  00:03:30  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

Hey Eric,

Who operates the hoist in the South Seacaves in Waterdeep?

Great book I'm always looking forward to your next book.

I'd assume whatever's said in the Skullport book, unless contradicted by recent events. It's a good point and I should have said something in CoS:W. I'll try to rectify that next time I get the chance.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  00:04:56  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Very cool. Can you post the "short stats" and CRs for the converted creatures? I have been meaning to figure out the target level for the adventure in 3.5e, but I'd have to go back and look at the CR spread.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  00:06:15  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eric,

I noticed that there is going to be a sourcebook called Faiths of Eber-Whatsit published this year. Has there been any official talk about Faiths of Faerūn?

I really would love to see you and Ed write such a book, concentrating on rituals, daily duties, new heresies, campaign ideas, etc. Sort of like a combination between Power of Faerun and Faiths and Pantheons

If I did know something about an upcoming product, I couldn't say anyway. In general, I encourage you to make suggestions as to what you'd like to see to Rich Baker on the WoTC thread.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  00:08:21  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eric, I also like to thank you for this module, since it has also played a big role in our longest-running campaign (in which we are about to play your recent Dungeon modules next ;).

We freed the sleeping Knights to battle the eye tyrants of the Alimir hive and their Cyricist allies (Banites in recent Realmslore, I guess).

As a player, my two favorite Dungeon adventures of all time have been Eye of Myrkul and Sleep of Ages. They both have interesting twists, and contain so much juicy and fluffy Realmslore for DMs to heap on their players.

Glad to be of service. Hope you liked the Vampires of Waterdeep adventures as well.

Look for 1 or 2 adventures from me in the next year in Dungeon (one of which is NOT set in the Realms but requires no conversion to set in the Realms [part of the next AP]).

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  00:21:34  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Hi Eric,

My players are halfway through the Halls of Harsh Reflections, and they have unmasked the Unseen infiltration throughout Waterdeep, bringing all papers and documents to the City Watch. A few questions in relation to that:

1. Did the Unseen mention their organization by name anywhere in all the documents found in Telakin's lair? (or did the PC just uncovered useful info in regards to the extent and specificity of the infiltration? does the Unseen organization has a 'policy' of never mentioning their brotherhood's name, members' true names, and do they only assign missions verbally so as not to leave a paper trail?)

This is an interesting question. My instinct is that the Unseen is a name others give them. Members of the druuth probably do not put anything in writing and may not even have a name for their organization.

quote:
2. Now that the PCs have passed all that info to the Watch, which was reviewed by a Magister as the PCs had to appear in court on a non-related matter, thus reducing their sentence by half, do you think that:
i) The info would most likely be snatched back/covered up by members of the Unseen in disguise (i.e. what's the level of infiltration here? is is that bad?)

The level of infiltration is up to you. Do what's best for the campaign.

quote:
ii) The info would immediately come to the attention of the Lords, which would put the Gray Hands on the matter, and perhaps enlist the PCs in the Gray Hands?

I would think this is a little bit too "lower power" at this point to interest the Gray Hands. Moreover, the Gray Hands are designed for "obvious" threats. In other words, it's up to the PCs.

quote:
iii) The info would come to the attention of the Moonstars, Harpers or other good organizations? (i.e. the PCs are most likely to leave Waterdeep when their business is concluded there, and I've been trying to introduce them to secret 'good' organizations as they have reached 9th level and are most likely capable enough to attract the attention of valorous brotherhoods)

Sure they'd notice. If possible, they'd manipulate the PCs to handle this problem. If not possible, they'd probably assign some agents to replace the PCs.

quote:
iv) The info or the PC's existence and potential threat would come to be known by other evil organizations throughout Waterdeep, and if so, which ones are most likely to get wind of that in your opinion?

I'd say this would be of most interest to the Shadow Thieves and information brokers (independents, Kraken Society, and Knights of the Shield).

Sorry for the long string of questions, but any guidance or opinion would be welcomed at this stage of my campaign.

quote:
NOTE: As an aside, one of the PC (a gnomish businessman) has come to the attention of Elaith Craulnobur. The gnome has taken a gnomish merchant 'princess' from the Dragonjaw Mountains under his wing (she's his cohort now). However the gnome is unaware of her past, which involved her in a coup against a large duergar mercantile caravan in the Underdark (she was part of a strikeforce that decimated the caravan, and she and other gnomes have profited immensely from the loot). She is known to Elaith (I have not decided the reason, but would he be above sponsoring/investing in Underdark trade? )

I welcome the input of any scribe on that one!

I suspect Elaith would be happy to sponsor / invest in Underdark trade. The caravan could have been backed by Elaith or Elaith could have been the patron who hired her group to attack the caravan. Either way, he'd probably look for leverage over her to manipulate her against her "master" if necessary. Look at Power of Faerun for insight into how to steal followers or cohorts from another character.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  06:38:30  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd
Very cool. Can you post the "short stats" and CRs for the converted creatures? I have been meaning to figure out the target level for the adventure in 3.5e, but I'd have to go back and look at the CR spread.

This "spin-off epic campaign" is played in 1385 and I have stated that Bleu got to Wyrm age (Wyrm male sapphire dragon, psion manifester level 17, his only 9th power is Etherealness, CR 22)

Instead of Crystal gargoyles, I used the Astral Construct power.

They made it flee with an Energy Drain that gave it 8 negative levels!

Doom brigade, Skullpyre and Vaxall : they are part of the campaign, but they were not (yet) included in this part. For the first two ones, LoEF does the job and for Vaxall, being the BBEG of the campaign, I followed the Lords of madness guidelines for Elder Orb (sorcerer levels). So, Beholder with advanced HD to get him Huge, then 18 sorcerer level because he had access to one 9th level spell in 2e, CR in high 20...

Since in this campaign Artides and his adventures failed their mission and got killed by the Doom Brigades, I didn't state him. (Before dying he gave a part of his lore to Elesor, a sage of Kzelter mentioned in EotSS).

The Hammer Golems are stated in "Bestiary of the realms" of course, but I gave them a few more HD.

I changed the Death Kiss for a Huge Hive mother (CR 20). Sadly, the lack of mobility in the Martial Halls killed it easily.

I changed the tome guardian for an advanced Scala..? (That dragon that first appear in the Old gray box (and now in MoF) that can Gate from a book). They didn't open it…

I skipped the "signs of awakening" part, but they got the 3 keys. (I stated that the Crypt of Honor was ethereally solid and impossible to reach with teleport effects).

Lots of Dispel Magic (greater) spells were cast to break those numerous locks/symbols/glyphs (some that I added).

In the golem’s room, I added a "weak pillar" (I got the idea from Bleu's lair) that the golems can break to make the "wall of stone" ceiling crash... (a Web that slowed the last golem saved their lives here).

Finally, they met the Knights leader that were a bit surprised to be awakened by a party in which there is a cleric of Talona(!). Some diplomacy was needed Hopefully, they didn't noticed yet the two Fey'ri !

Bryth (fighter 9 / cleric 9 in 2E) I stated him at Fighter4/Cleric5/Warpriest9 so he still has same spell level available. I chose Warpriest instead of Divine champion/crusader because he's the leader of a military order.

Lady Elhanna (hf cleric 16) and Therlarn (dm cleric 15). I chose full cleric (instead of fighter/cleric as suggested) for him because of all the cleric defensive spells in the Halls.

They got to the mountains using a Wind walk (they saw a mountain giant shepherd along the way ) and when they get to the grounds, they were ambushed (they were a bit careless, being over self-confident) by the Alaghi tribe (I added some Barbarians levels here to make it a near EL20 encounter). However, they chose to flee (teleport) to avoid this unnecessary fight.

Oh I forgot, the ravine in the Earthsky pass in which they were guided by a Find the Path spell was protected by a "banite-themed Walking Statue of Waterdeep" that was placed there by the Banites forces. (Those are now led by an ex-member of the party, a cleric/dreadmaster of Bane that "replaced" Teldorn Darkhope).

The PCs decided to awake them thinking "enemies of our enemies are our allies" after they learned that some powerful beholders are probably behind the rise of the Banite influence in the last years.

Sorry for all campaign-specific things, but they were needed to explain the stats.

Edit : Sadly they failed their Decipher script check in the room with the Dethek tiled floor, so they missed the "secret treasure map".

Edited by - Skeptic on 02 Jul 2006 06:46:52
Go to Top of Page

The Simbul
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2006 :  18:18:45  Show Profile  Visit The Simbul's Homepage Send The Simbul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric-

Will Dragons of Faerun detail any of the Dragons of the East, like Melordianix of the Yuirwood or Nartheling of Umbergoth?

Edited by - The Simbul on 02 Jul 2006 18:19:53
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2006 :  03:35:58  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Simbul

Eric-

Will Dragons of Faerun detail any of the Dragons of the East, like Melordianix of the Yuirwood or Nartheling of Umbergoth?

Yes.

No promises as to who or to what extent.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2006 :  23:46:23  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Eric, I also like to thank you for this module, since it has also played a big role in our longest-running campaign (in which we are about to play your recent Dungeon modules next ;).

We freed the sleeping Knights to battle the eye tyrants of the Alimir hive and their Cyricist allies (Banites in recent Realmslore, I guess).

As a player, my two favorite Dungeon adventures of all time have been Eye of Myrkul and Sleep of Ages. They both have interesting twists, and contain so much juicy and fluffy Realmslore for DMs to heap on their players.

Glad to be of service. Hope you liked the Vampires of Waterdeep adventures as well.

Look for 1 or 2 adventures from me in the next year in Dungeon (one of which is NOT set in the Realms but requires no conversion to set in the Realms [part of the next AP]).

--Eric

Eric,

You evil, evil man!

They're beating the crap out of us!

We are still delving through Dungeon of the Crypt, and the adventure is very good! Nice fluff and background lore, that we have gradually tried to piece together! If we just only made it through alive...

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2006 :  07:39:37  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skeptic, your conversion (and campaign!) sounds very innovative and cool! You really have managed (in my humble opinion) to modify the adventure succesfully to challenge epic-level characters and still keep all the flavour and fluff (with minor alterations to fit your campaign) that Eric created!

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2006 :  10:59:13  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'd assume whatever's said in the Skullport book, unless contradicted by recent events. It's a good point and I should have said something in CoS:W. I'll try to rectify that next time I get the chance.

Ok, thanks. I'll see if I can get hold of copy of Skullport The funny this is that I call thinking "I NEVER need that one" years back when looking at it at the local bookstore.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  15:39:54  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vendui Mr. Boyd!

For a while I have been working on the drow city of V'elddrinnsshar up ... or rather down there in Vaasa (West Galene Mountains). The drow of the city were laid low by the so-called Ascomoid Plague and I wonder whether there is any more info on that plague in other source material? Is this the only appearance (i.e., was it specifically created for V'elddrinnsshar's demise) or does it feature in other sourcebooks too?

Aluve, Zanan!

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  00:37:06  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

Vendui Mr. Boyd!

For a while I have been working on the drow city of V'elddrinnsshar up ... or rather down there in Vaasa (West Galene Mountains). The drow of the city were laid low by the so-called Ascomoid Plague and I wonder whether there is any more info on that plague in other source material? Is this the only appearance (i.e., was it specifically created for V'elddrinnsshar's demise) or does it feature in other sourcebooks too?

Aluve, Zanan!

Nope, that's it. I thought it sound like a good name and left it for the DM to detail. (Of course, I assume you realize that ascomids were a 2e monster. Not sure if they've been updated to 3e yet or not.)

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  11:48:56  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

Vendui Mr. Boyd!

Aluve, Zanan!

Nope, that's it. I thought it sound like a good name and left it for the DM to detail. (Of course, I assume you realize that ascomids were a 2e monster. Not sure if they've been updated to 3e yet or not.)

--Eric

Yep, some sort of fungus. To my knowledge, they have not been converted. The cold climate, the water and all is not that good for them in the long run anyway, I would assume, so I chose to ignore them for my project.

Thanks for the info!

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerūn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.

Edited by - Zanan on 15 Jul 2006 11:50:15
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  17:48:21  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bet they're a rare form of cold-liking fungus!

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  19:06:31  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

I bet they're a rare form of cold-liking fungus!

Nothing like that, but quite deadly nonetheless. Which might be a reason why they haven't made an appearance just yet. Frostfell has enough material on the icy and cold matter though. But that is for another thread.

Gęš a wyrd swa hio scel!

Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  05:20:12  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, thanks for the answers you have given!

Just some final questions before I launch my campaign:

Would the Zhentarim see the church of Garagos as a potential tool (=weapon) to use against the faith of Tempus in the Dalelands? I was thinking of using a heresy of Targus Reborn, as some priests of Garagos would believe that eventually Garagos and Tempus will merge, and the ancient Netherese War God Targus will be born again from their union. Would the Zhentarim sponsor/hire the priesthood of Garagos to spread strife and chaos across Archendale and Battledale? Do you find the heresy "believable" or credible, in the eyes of both faiths? (I was thinking that maybe some of the Tempurans would eventually convert to it...)

Would the priests of Garagos serve the Zhentarim, if they found out who is paying them?

Do you think the Broken Sword would either ally with or manipulate the church of Garagos? (I remember reading in Powers and Pantheons that the church of Garagos has many HALF-orcs within its ranks...)

Thanks in advance!

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  16:21:50  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eric, thanks for the answers you have given!

Just some final questions before I launch my campaign:

Would the Zhentarim see the church of Garagos as a potential tool (=weapon) to use against the faith of Tempus in the Dalelands? I was thinking of using a heresy of Targus Reborn, as some priests of Garagos would believe that eventually Garagos and Tempus will merge, and the ancient Netherese War God Targus will be born again from their union. Would the Zhentarim sponsor/hire the priesthood of Garagos to spread strife and chaos across Archendale and Battledale? Do you find the heresy "believable" or credible, in the eyes of both faiths? (I was thinking that maybe some of the Tempurans would eventually convert to it...)

Would the priests of Garagos serve the Zhentarim, if they found out who is paying them?

Do you think the Broken Sword would either ally with or manipulate the church of Garagos? (I remember reading in Powers and Pantheons that the church of Garagos has many HALF-orcs within its ranks...)

Thanks in advance!

I think all of the ideas above are reasonable. It sounds like a fun campaign!

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  16:52:51  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

--Eric

I think the ascomids were reprinted in 3rd Ed. in the Dragon Magazine article about Demon Lord Zugmotty (sp?)

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  01:10:49  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Eric . . . something just occured to me. I absolutely love the Heretic of the Faith feat, as I have stated before, but its taken me this long to wonder, what alignment aura does a heretic cleric that takes this feat radiate? If they end evil and their god is good, and they still radiate their gods alignment, that seems like it would be another bonus outside of what might have been intended, and it also kind of steps on the toes of Veil of Cyric (another good one, I might add). I'm inclined to think that a heretic cleric would just radiate their own alignment, but I thought I would go straight to the source.

Thanks Eric.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  04:31:37  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say here that you and Eytan did a fabulous job with Dragons of Faerun, man.

Steven
Who had forgotten so much about Iryklathagra that he's not sure what he said and what you guys stitched together anew

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  04:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Just wanted to say here that you and Eytan did a fabulous job with Dragons of Faerun, man.

Steven
Who had forgotten so much about Iryklathagra that he's not sure what he said and what you guys stitched together anew

I wonder if we'll get some DoF excerpts in 10 minutes

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  14:46:05  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Hey Eric . . . something just occured to me. I absolutely love the Heretic of the Faith feat, as I have stated before, but its taken me this long to wonder, what alignment aura does a heretic cleric that takes this feat radiate? If they end evil and their god is good, and they still radiate their gods alignment, that seems like it would be another bonus outside of what might have been intended, and it also kind of steps on the toes of Veil of Cyric (another good one, I might add). I'm inclined to think that a heretic cleric would just radiate their own alignment, but I thought I would go straight to the source.

Thanks Eric.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question. Do you mean the "aura" ability of a cleric or the character's actual alignment? Either way, I would say it stays consistent with the heresy/character, not the god. In other words, a LE cleric of Tyr would radiate evil and lawful cleric auras. You'd need to take Veil of Cyric to mask your alignment.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  14:47:50  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Steven

Glad you liked it. The full timeline, write-up, and artifacts from her hoard are mine, but almost all of the factual points stem from your references in LoI, EotSS, and SoFS. In other words, she's as much yours as mine.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  18:28:39  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Steven

Glad you liked it. The full timeline, write-up, and artifacts from her hoard are mine, but almost all of the factual points stem from your references in LoI, EotSS, and SoFS. In other words, she's as much yours as mine.

--Eric

It's almost like we were working together on Realmslore again.

Steven
Who misses that muchly

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  22:16:10  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Eric.

I need of a little information for a character that I“m creating.

How much will cost a house (simple, but elegant), for a lone gold elf in the Adventurer“s Quarter, in Waterdeep? How it would be, using elvish architeture?

Thanks in advance

Chosen of Moradin

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page