Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Steven Schend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  07:37:12  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

I'll be keeping a close watch on your site from now on. I bet there are all kind of secrets to discover. I particularly liked how you showcased people reusing old magic items from ancient past (most without realising it) so I look forward to more magical secrets

Maybe I'm just dense, but which showcase do you refer to here? The climax of BLACKSTAFF with folks wielding ancient elven or other artifacts and relics without full knowledge?

It was the ancient artefacts and magic items needed for the ritual that had over time been put to use as other things, given different names, or changed for something different. It had never occurred to me that something like that could / would happen and I dont think I'd seen it in realmslore before (although at that point I'd read very few novels).

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2021 :  15:19:24  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven any thoughts to as what may have become of Count Gamalon Idogyr?

I'm looking to create a new county north of Spellshire that resulted from Gamalon helping hold Trailstone. Figure the noble family would restore the Dark Redoubt and use that to rule from. Fast forward 120 years was curious of Gamalon survived, I am aware his wife did not. Figured go to original Gemhead to get his input.

Thanks.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2021 :  02:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

Steven any thoughts to as what may have become of Count Gamalon Idogyr?

I'm looking to create a new county north of Spellshire that resulted from Gamalon helping hold Trailstone. Figure the noble family would restore the Dark Redoubt and use that to rule from. Fast forward 120 years was curious of Gamalon survived, I am aware his wife did not. Figured go to original Gemhead to get his input.

Thanks.

Forced me to go into my notes and blow dust off some and add more but here's the leadership of County Spellshire if only so you know your neighbors…

County Spellshire leadership to present (

Gamalon Idogyr (1302-1385) (CG hm W25/ArcDev5)
• Count of Spellshire 1370-1385

• Gamalon and King Haedrak DIE during SPELLPLAGUE of 1385 to prevent destruction of Faerntarn and the entire royal court during Harvestcourt.

Lara Idogyr-Gyrfalcon (1346-1431) (CG hf W16)
• Countess of Spellshire 1385-1431

• Second child of Gamalon & Mynda; wife to Arn Gyrfalcon;
• Arn II (1374-1428), twin; has only a son and daughter as children
• Kestrel (1374-1395), twin; died with Uncle Perigon Idogyr at Shoonach
• Ralona (1378-now); lives in Rhymanthiin after 1432, appears 60ish in age
• Lara inherits her father’s titles and positons in 1385; she raises her children so all of them expect to have duties within the county, duchy, and kingdom.

Arn Idogyr, the Gyrfalcon (1396-1472) (LG hm C14 of Deneir)
• Count of Spellshire 1431-1472

• Eldest grandson of Lara & Arn, son of Arn II & Haelra; inherits title from grandmother due to father’s unexpected passing in 1428
• Arn takes surname of great-grandfather & is called Arn Idogyr, the Gyrfalcon
• Marries Rhosa in 1440; has five children between 1440 and 1452
• Made education and literacy an expansive practice all across Tethyr during his reign

Arn Idogyr III (1440-now) (CG hm Sor16)
• Count of Spellshire 1472-now

• Eldest son of Arn II & Kaelha; has four sisters and a brother
• Married to Pralha 1463;
• daughter Rhosa Idogyr (1466-now), heir presumptive;
• son Gamalon Idogyr II (1469-now);
• daughter Elara Idogyr (1475-now)
• Similar to the previous count, Arn III inherited County Spellshire from a grandparent, as his father’s death was long past (Arn Idogyr II (1414-1445; dies of plague)

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2021 :  13:48:09  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome. Just what I was looking for, plus bonus abbreviated stats.

Thank you very much.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2021 :  15:40:30  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting you have a plague located in Tethyr in 1445. Is that what killed Tethyr's Queen Zaranda Rhindaun II (she died the same year as Arn Idogyr II)? Do you have an origin for the plague and an area affected? Maybe a plot by the Twisted Rune to eliminate the Idogyrs that got out of hand and killed many more people than originally intended?

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2021 :  20:22:24  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

Interesting you have a plague located in Tethyr in 1445. Is that what killed Tethyr's Queen Zaranda Rhindaun II (she died the same year as Arn Idogyr II)? Do you have an origin for the plague and an area affected? Maybe a plot by the Twisted Rune to eliminate the Idogyrs that got out of hand and killed many more people than originally intended?

Plagues could be instigated by nefarious powers…or they could just be unfortunate outbreaks of disease. Exactly what cost Tethyr its monarch and at least a handful of other nobles that year is up to you. I've got no stories to tell around that plague, other than to account for familial dynastics.

The Twisted Rune doesn't focus on or bother the Idogyrs unless they are the ranking wizard of Tethyr's Court and had something they couldn't get their hands on or control. The Rune's focus is, for the most part, broader than the families and more about the country as a whole.

Of course, the undead hordes that threatened to engulf Tethyr from Shoonach in 1395 have been long whispered that the Rune created and unleashed (but that could also be disinformation spread by a Shoon still in hiding and bitter that the tail end of the Spellplague didn't allow for more rampant destruction…and subsequent distractions to draw away attentions from something else).

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2022 :  16:31:06  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For anyone who'd been wondering about my long-delayed Rhymanthiin work, here's a nugget or two that rattled loose in a conversation on Twitter yesterday…

https://twitter.com/garethgarfoot/status/1484929528992571397?s=20

Go to Top of Page

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2022 :  00:32:50  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Steven!

I was replaying Icewind Dale the other day and ran across an in-game book entitled 'Mythal Theory, by Schend and Melka'.

I was wondering if you wrote this, if you had any further notes on it and who the 'Melka' referred to.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2022 :  10:31:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Naeryndam

Hi Steven!

I was replaying Icewind Dale the other day and ran across an in-game book entitled 'Mythal Theory, by Schend and Melka'.

I was wondering if you wrote this, if you had any further notes on it and who the 'Melka' referred to.

Thanks!

That's a nod to Kevin Melka, the co-designer for "Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 14 Feb 2022 10:32:48
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2022 :  00:40:22  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Steven!

Thanks!

Didn't write that title, which exists in the Realms but not in our world, but I (and Kevin Melka) wrote Arcane Age: Cormanthyr—Empire of Elves, which covers a lot of mythal and high magic theories.

Nice of them to tip the hat our way.

Steven
who also thanks George for his earlier answer here as well

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2022 :  16:18:40  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Netherese archlich who would very likely have a copy of that book. For important books in a collection, I typically have a sentence or three about the author(s) and the effect (if any) of studying the contents. With your kind permission, I would like to use this:

"Mythal Theory by Schend and Melka: Schend was an Arcanist Inventive cotemporary of Lefeber (who created Lefeber's Weave Mythal) who thought Lefeber's research methods were sloppy and didn't follow through to get the full understanding of the subject. Schend was later counted as an elf-friend and teamed up with an elvish Wielder-of-Art named Melka to produce the book. Studying the book will give the reader enough of an understanding to be able to create stable Mythals utilizing only half the required materials and personnel as long as the core group of spellcasters have all studied this work. Time required is not affected."

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  05:50:52  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

For anyone who'd been wondering about my long-delayed Rhymanthiin work, here's a nugget or two that rattled loose in a conversation on Twitter yesterday…

Steven, I have always been fascinated by Rhymanthiin since I personally first heard about it in 'The Lady Penitent' series by Lisa Smedman. I read your first blog post and am looking forward to the rest!

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  14:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have a Netherese archlich who would very likely have a copy of that book. For important books in a collection, I typically have a sentence or three about the author(s) and the effect (if any) of studying the contents. With your kind permission, I would like to use this:

"Mythal Theory by Schend and Melka: Schend was an Arcanist Inventive cotemporary of Lefeber (who created Lefeber's Weave Mythal) who thought Lefeber's research methods were sloppy and didn't follow through to get the full understanding of the subject. Schend was later counted as an elf-friend and teamed up with an elvish Wielder-of-Art named Melka to produce the book. Studying the book will give the reader enough of an understanding to be able to create stable Mythals utilizing only half the required materials and personnel as long as the core group of spellcasters have all studied this work. Time required is not affected."

Nifty, though be warned that one reason the book is rare is concerted efforts by certain elf families and associations that deem what it reveals about mythal weaving to be exposing secrets that ONLY ELVES should read.

Schend is, in fact, anathema to some subsets of elves for his research; what they try not to reveal is their racism in that part of their zeal in grinding his research and name into dust is his family's mixed races. He is a half-elf by birth, and the five generations preceding him either had a half-elf or full elf parent with a human mate, so much of the anger about his revelations of secrets stems from "pureblood" bigotry.

How's that for another layer for those who actively dig deeper past just what's on the page?

Steven

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  16:12:08  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nifty, though be warned that one reason the book is rare is concerted efforts by certain elf families and associations that deem what it reveals about mythal weaving to be exposing secrets that ONLY ELVES should read.

Schend is, in fact, anathema to some subsets of elves for his research; what they try not to reveal is their racism in that part of their zeal in grinding his research and name into dust is his family's mixed races. He is a half-elf by birth, and the five generations preceding him either had a half-elf or full elf parent with a human mate, so much of the anger about his revelations of secrets stems from "pureblood" bigotry.

How's that for another layer for those who actively dig deeper past just what's on the page?

Steven

That is pure perfection. You see, that particular archlich is from Mhaelos, Hlondath and left because he saw The Crown against The Scepter Wars as a complete folly and idiocy on a grand scale. Elves and humans have plenty to learn from each other, according to him. Of course, don't ask to borrow any of his books. That will get you a "you must be feebleminded" look and either a change of subject or a quick ejection from his presence.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  19:05:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Steven

I heard that him and all of his family back five generations all enjoyed growing beards.... such a vile trait.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  19:31:11  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

Steven

I heard that him and all of his family back five generations all enjoyed growing beards.... such a vile trait.

Worse still, while Schend had a sparse but full beard (a rarity among half-elves save within his own family), some of his cousins and siblings adopted the Cormyrean affectation of a razor-slim moustache, which angered some even more for reasons yet undelved…

Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2022 :  22:11:03  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

Steven

Worse still, while Schend had a sparse but full beard (a rarity among half-elves save within his own family), some of his cousins and siblings adopted the Cormyrean affectation of a razor-slim moustache, which angered some even more for reasons yet undelved…

Undelved? My understanding it was a natural reaction due to the heinous actions of the Stiletto 'Stache Society.

Go to Top of Page

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2022 :  21:58:41  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Steven,

I am currently running a campaign wherein there are 2 dark elf npcs, a brother (Asaran, a rogue) and sister (Asara, a cleric... not sure of which god/goddess yet). As I am drawing up their stat blocks, I am struggling with how to handle them, since they are dark elves from Rhymanthiin, not drow. It then occurred to me that there is probably nobody better to ask than you. I realize this is a loaded question, but I was wondering if you could provide any guidance. Even something such as what ability score bonuses/penalties you would give them would be helpful. Or perhaps I am thinking too much and should simply treat them as typical elves?

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  21:45:09  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Previous link may not have held the whole thread. Here's a better link.

https://twitter.com/garethgarfoot/status/1484930072477941761

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2022 :  22:12:35  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Steven,

I am currently running a campaign wherein there are 2 dark elf npcs, a brother (Asaran, a rogue) and sister (Asara, a cleric... not sure of which god/goddess yet). As I am drawing up their stat blocks, I am struggling with how to handle them, since they are dark elves from Rhymanthiin, not drow. It then occurred to me that there is probably nobody better to ask than you. I realize this is a loaded question, but I was wondering if you could provide any guidance. Even something such as what ability score bonuses/penalties you would give them would be helpful. Or perhaps I am thinking too much and should simply treat them as typical elves?

Thank you!

My opinions and thoughts on Rhymanthiin's restored dark elves are my own and can be superceded by any lore published by Ed Greenwood or WotC.

That said, I as a DM would treat them exactly the same as regular elves with one technical adjustment—These elves do NOT get either the +2 Dex of elves or a +2 Cha of half-elves. Rhymanthiin elves, due to being fused among the Sharn Continuum for millennia with other races, came out slightly changed (as did all those restored to life by the ritual noted in BLACKSTAFF).

From my point of view, any stat bonuses for any former Sharn (or those born from them) spread out to +1 bonuses to any two of the following by priority/commonality: Charisma, Constitution, Wisdom, Dexterity.

Thus, your dark elves from the City of Hope; regardless of whether they're restored or first generation born on Faerun or not, will have those bonuses plue all the standard elf benefits.

I'd recommend, just for variety, that Asaran's bonuses go to Con & Dex, while Asara (as a cleric) will do best with bonuses to Cha & Wis.

And if you're still thinking on gods, I'd recommend going OLD and having her be a cleric resurrecting the long-ignored triune cult of Angharradh.

Hope that helps. I'd suggest she be a cleric of the Pentad (from my novel) but I still need to finish scribbling that up (as Eric Boyd reminds me every year or so).

Steven

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2022 :  02:05:50  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
... but I still need to finish scribbling that up (as Eric Boyd reminds me every year or so).

Steven

Finish up!

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2022 :  23:25:38  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hi Steven,

Thank you!

My opinions and thoughts on Rhymanthiin's restored dark elves are my own and can be superceded by any lore published by Ed Greenwood or WotC.

That said, I as a DM would treat them exactly the same as regular elves with one technical adjustment—These elves do NOT get either the +2 Dex of elves or a +2 Cha of half-elves. Rhymanthiin elves, due to being fused among the Sharn Continuum for millennia with other races, came out slightly changed (as did all those restored to life by the ritual noted in BLACKSTAFF).

From my point of view, any stat bonuses for any former Sharn (or those born from them) spread out to +1 bonuses to any two of the following by priority/commonality: Charisma, Constitution, Wisdom, Dexterity.

Thus, your dark elves from the City of Hope; regardless of whether they're restored or first generation born on Faerun or not, will have those bonuses plue all the standard elf benefits.

I'd recommend, just for variety, that Asaran's bonuses go to Con & Dex, while Asara (as a cleric) will do best with bonuses to Cha & Wis.

And if you're still thinking on gods, I'd recommend going OLD and having her be a cleric resurrecting the long-ignored triune cult of Angharradh.

Hope that helps. I'd suggest she be a cleric of the Pentad (from my novel) but I still need to finish scribbling that up (as Eric Boyd reminds me every year or so).

Steven

Steven-

I don't know what to say... it is just incredibly awesome of you to detail it all out like this. I like what you have here and will be implementing it in my campaign, once I present the two dark elf NPCs to my players. Thank you so much!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2022 :  18:41:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Friend Steven, I found this one floating in the ethers:

quote:
Originally posted by hawakhuri

Good morning Mr Schend, I would like to ask you a few questions:
1. Do you have any artwork on how Trobriand the metal mage looks like?
2. Is his metal magic so powerful and rare or how would you describe him because according to ruins of undermountain Box 1 it says he rivals the elves of Myth Drannor.
3. Can he be considered a high artificer because of his constant creations and inventions?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2022 :  04:01:10  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Friend Steven, I found this one floating in the ethers:

quote:
Originally posted by hawakhuri

Good morning Mr Schend, I would like to ask you a few questions:
1. Do you have any artwork on how Trobriand the metal mage looks like?
2. Is his metal magic so powerful and rare or how would you describe him because according to ruins of undermountain Box 1 it says he rivals the elves of Myth Drannor.
3. Can he be considered a high artificer because of his constant creations and inventions?

Believe I answered some of this on Twitter the week before last.

Block copying responses and such:

[Quoting Ed here]
I believe Trobriand, as we saw him in the published Realms, was the creation of Steven Schend (@StevenESchend here on Twitter); you'll have to ask him for his inspiration.

Steven E Schend
@StevenESchend

Apr 27
Believe he came into mind as something that’d help scare off drow from the Underhalls by aping their drider forms but making it more deadly. The metal critters were a gimmick to separate him from other apprentices. Beyond that, memory fails until I can find old notes

Whoops. Brain swapped in Muiral the Misshapen there instead of Trobriand. Rereading some wiki articles reminded me that T comes from numerous inspirations—Dr Doom for robot minions, High Evolutionary for seeing what critters become after start, plus wizardry

Hawakhuri
@sebastiansanti1
·
Apr 27
@StevenESchend
It's a pleasure to meet you sir, I'm very surprised and happy for the references you took to create trorbiand.

I would like to ask you if you have any artwork of how trobriand would look like, I am very curious to know how his creator portrays him.

Steven E Schend
@StevenESchend
·
Apr 28
No art I ever did; cartoonish stick figures are my level of art skill.

As for visual ideas of T, take Christopher Lee’s Saruman, add a little dirt and engine grease, change his staff to metal & tech bits, and give him a mechanical homonculus or pseudodragon on shoulder.

Granted, there may be official WotC art on Trobriand in the newer Undermountain books they did but I don’t have them for reference unfortunately.

As for questions 2 & 3, I'd say yes to all 3 embedded questions without detailing any further, as I don't know the mechanics of the game nearly as well as I did in 2E and 3E…

Steven

Go to Top of Page

orbedal
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2022 :  19:41:30  Show Profile Send orbedal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi Steven!

a bard in my post-Waterdeep: Dragon Heist campaign (1492DR) has been made a Harper by Mirt in Waterdeep, and the party is currently making their way towards Westgate at his request to investigate some suspicious goings-on.

i'd like to have the party meet the current Master of Twilight Hall when they arrive in Berdusk, as well as any other notable current Harpers in that general Dragon Coast area - but i can't seem to find any of them!

the only currently alive/active Harpers as of 1492 i seem to be able to identify are Mirt, Storm, Tam Zawad, Remalia Haventree and other NPC types from Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2022 :  21:23:07  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm 99% such lore has not been published for 5E, and since Steven no longer works for WotC, I'm guessing he's not in a position to give you the names. That said, Steven is amazingly creative and might be able to fill in unofficial lore for you.
Go to Top of Page

orbedal
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2022 :  21:27:28  Show Profile Send orbedal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh shoot, was not aware! thanks Tom. i would be more than happy with anything from Steven's wonderful brain, but in the future, is there a more appropriate place for such questions?
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2022 :  20:00:49  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by orbedal

oh shoot, was not aware! thanks Tom. i would be more than happy with anything from Steven's wonderful brain, but in the future, is there a more appropriate place for such questions?

I would ping the General page, that seems to get the most traffic, if you will, in general.
Go to Top of Page

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
104 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2022 :  19:25:15  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage Send kysus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey steven i hope you are doing well, i seem to have alot of time on my hands right now while quarantining and i was hoping to ask a few question of you. In the fall of myth drannor during the battle of Oacenth's second blooding its stated that irhaal Argentaamn and alea dehast both fell, would you be able to give anymore infomation on how this all went down that finally saw their downfall as im really curious as to how two highmages perished without anything spectacular happening? and were their bodies recovered after that battle to be buried later?
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2022 :  13:43:44  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kysus

hey steven i hope you are doing well, i seem to have alot of time on my hands right now while quarantining and i was hoping to ask a few question of you. In the fall of myth drannor during the battle of Oacenth's second blooding its stated that irhaal Argentaamn and alea dehast both fell, would you be able to give anymore infomation on how this all went down that finally saw their downfall as im really curious as to how two highmages perished without anything spectacular happening? and were their bodies recovered after that battle to be buried later?

I'll have a better answer later, as I'm on a deadline today, but without rereading what I'd written, my first gut reaction was "Well, did I leave identifiable bodies or was it just reported that they'd died?"

I'd also say that death, even in fiction, isn't always planned, heroic, or spectacular. It's just finite and mortal, if not always final.

More later, gentles!

Steven

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000