Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Steven Schend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  03:06:08  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

who'll forewarn folks to reread Blackstaff before diving into Blackstaff Tower, if only to refresh their memories of various and sundry esoteric bits of lore that have some crossovers in the new novel...
I had a feeling you'd say something like this. Not that I needed a reason to re-read Blackstaff, but are there any particular bits that you feel we should specifically concentrate on?

You'll enjoy the 2nd book more if you have a passing familiarity with how Blackstaff Tower was in the past...and who's lived and worked therein.

Don't want to say too much more lest it get spoilerish.

Steven
who's still working on those trailers and hopes to have something ready soon...

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  05:14:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should we re-read the Catspaw Quartet, as well, since the late Osco Salibuck is apparently mentioned in Blackstaff Tower?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  06:08:39  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Nevermind. Computer acting up again.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 09 Jun 2008 06:12:56
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  23:10:26  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Don't give up on the Realms, Asgetrion--I suspect you might like a few more of the "Ed Greenwood Presents" series, which could give you a lot to like about the Waterdeep of 1479DR. I know I'm hoping to write another in that series, as the characters I worked into the first book are bugging me about writing other adventures of theirs already....

Not to put words in Asgetrion's mouth, but I think he hasn't given up on the Realms, so much as given up on this new, 4E incarnation of it. Same with me, really, but I'm still gonna check out your novel, as well as what was done with Waterdeep.

Exactly -- you know me too well, Rino! ;)

Steven, I haven't given up on the Realms -- far from it! I may not like the way 4E (and 4E FR, specifically) is shaping up to be, but that's another matter. You know where I'm running my PF Alpha Playtest Campaign? In FR, of course, and there's still plenty of 2E/3E material to draw from, even though it looks like I'm going to "convert" from 3E into PF RPG when it comes out!

Which brings me to you and Paizo... I was very excited to hear that you, Elaine and Ed and working on PF/Golarion material, and I hope that you'll end up writing a lot of stuff eventually for the RPG I'm growing to love more and more each day. Maybe you could even sell that Shanatar info you worked on for Paizo? Anyway, if Erik can also get mr. Boyd and George "I-Can-Do-The-Best-Fat-Old-Innkeeper-Prestige-Class-Ever" Krashos on the PF boat, I'm going to be very happy, indeed!

(Yes, George probably *could* do the best 'Fat Old Innkeeper' PrC ever... ;)

P.S. If I were Erik Mona, I would hire you to write about elven history and kingdoms in Golarion, and chain you to the desk to design a bunch of elven racial feats, spells and magic!

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  23:30:58  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I totally agree with the above post!

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  12:15:31  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Should we re-read the Catspaw Quartet, as well, since the late Osco Salibuck is apparently mentioned in Blackstaff Tower?

He does more in the novel than he ever did in the comics, Wooly.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  12:23:33  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

Don't give up on the Realms, Asgetrion--I suspect you might like a few more of the "Ed Greenwood Presents" series, which could give you a lot to like about the Waterdeep of 1479DR. I know I'm hoping to write another in that series, as the characters I worked into the first book are bugging me about writing other adventures of theirs already....

Not to put words in Asgetrion's mouth, but I think he hasn't given up on the Realms, so much as given up on this new, 4E incarnation of it. Same with me, really, but I'm still gonna check out your novel, as well as what was done with Waterdeep.

Exactly -- you know me too well, Rino! ;)

Steven, I haven't given up on the Realms -- far from it! I may not like the way 4E (and 4E FR, specifically) is shaping up to be, but that's another matter. You know where I'm running my PF Alpha Playtest Campaign? In FR, of course, and there's still plenty of 2E/3E material to draw from, even though it looks like I'm going to "convert" from 3E into PF RPG when it comes out!

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth there, Astegrion.

quote:
Which brings me to you and Paizo... I was very excited to hear that you, Elaine and Ed and working on PF/Golarion material, and I hope that you'll end up writing a lot of stuff eventually for the RPG I'm growing to love more and more each day. Maybe you could even sell that Shanatar info you worked on for Paizo? Anyway, if Erik can also get mr. Boyd and George "I-Can-Do-The-Best-Fat-Old-Innkeeper-Prestige-Class-Ever" Krashos on the PF boat, I'm going to be very happy, indeed!

(Yes, George probably *could* do the best 'Fat Old Innkeeper' PrC ever... ;)

P.S. If I were Erik Mona, I would hire you to write about elven history and kingdoms in Golarion, and chain you to the desk to design a bunch of elven racial feats, spells and magic!

Well, I'm just a playtester (not like you--I get to play, not DM), though I wouldn't mind if Paizo contracted me for some work. For now, I'm content with tinkering at the edges for stuff only for one campaign.

Besides, I'm busy enough finishing up my Game Design class; I've got a week to finish putting together a 4th-7th level module for running next week and the following, and then have an "alpha" rough of that campaign setting ready for the students no less than a month later. I'm seriously hoping that I can turn this world of game design and world building examples into something solid for my own business as a PDF, so you may hear more about that soon....

Steven
who really really needs to do things with his websites

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  13:42:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

He does more in the novel than he ever did in the comics, Wooly.

Steven

Well, let's see... In the comic, we saw him walk a bit, find a secret door, and then get disintegrated. It's not going to be hard to top that level of activity, though getting around being a small pile of dust may be problematic...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  13:53:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm seriously hoping that I can turn this world of game design and world building examples into something solid for my own business as a PDF, so you may hear more about that soon....

Steven

I didn't know you had any websites, friend Steven. And the pdf sounds interesting... Going for your own world, or just world-building notes?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  15:34:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'm seriously hoping that I can turn this world of game design and world building examples into something solid for my own business as a PDF, so you may hear more about that soon....

Steven

I didn't know you had any websites, friend Steven. And the pdf sounds interesting... Going for your own world, or just world-building notes?

I'm curious about this myself. Any further info you can share on these developments Steven?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  15:43:09  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth there, Astegrion.

Oh, I didn't imply that you did! I just wished to make clear that I'm not abandoning the Realms -- not just going to buy into 4E material, unless you count novels/short stories written by yourself, Elaine and Ed. :)

quote:

Well, I'm just a playtester (not like you--I get to play, not DM), though I wouldn't mind if Paizo contracted me for some work. For now, I'm content with tinkering at the edges for stuff only for one campaign.

Besides, I'm busy enough finishing up my Game Design class; I've got a week to finish putting together a 4th-7th level module for running next week and the following, and then have an "alpha" rough of that campaign setting ready for the students no less than a month later. I'm seriously hoping that I can turn this world of game design and world building examples into something solid for my own business as a PDF, so you may hear more about that soon....

Steven

Game Design class? Sounds really nice. I would definitely be interested in buying that module! :) Have you considered the print-on-demand system? You could just print it as the sales so go up, and to my understanding there's no extra costs involved.

You can rely on fanatic "Schendists" ("Schend-maniacs"?) trying to get Erik or Lisa or Jason to hire you to work on Golarion (we'll keep shouting your name at the Paizo boards until they give in! ;). If they did, it would show how much more "business-savvy" they are than WoTC.

And Eric and George are also great minds who should be on board, although George's "beardlessness" may be a negative factor here!

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  15:49:52  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Steven

Here: http://steveneschend.com/index.html

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  16:57:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that website is a bit bare... So is mine, but in my defense, mine is entirely for my use, and not for anyone else's.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  17:14:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, that website is a bit bare...
Still, it's nice seeing all those Schend credits again. I'd forgotten about some of those.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  18:41:58  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AsgetrionGame Design class? Sounds really nice. I would definitely be interested in buying that module! :) Have you considered the print-on-demand system? You could just print it as the sales so go up, and to my understanding there's no extra costs involved.

You can rely on fanatic "Schendists" ("Schend-maniacs"?) trying to get Erik or Lisa or Jason to hire you to work on Golarion (we'll keep shouting your name at the Paizo boards until they give in! ;). If they did, it would show how much more "business-savvy" they are than WoTC.

And Eric and George are also great minds who should be on board, although George's "beardlessness" may be a negative factor here!

-I totally agree with said post, especially with the Golarion Part!

BRIMSTONE

Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 11 Jun 2008 18:47:03
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  20:58:07  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I prefer the term "Schendohalics".

I think I'd prefer Elaine for any Golarion 'Elfish stuff' (no offense), and of course Ed for Dark Elves (or just about anything else - the man has a knack for making the ordinary extraordinary), but Steven really made the Empires of the Sands come alive for me. Maybe if he didn't want to tackle whatever area of Golarion stands in for our RW Arabian-flavor, he could perhaps do a 'Morrocan' area (which is what I think of when I picture Calimshan).

Also, anything he does with the religions would be awesome. I think his development of Ilmater's faith really made the area feel more real for me - lots of little Abbys dedicated to various 'Patron Saints'.

Then again, there no reason why all three of them couldn't do a bang-up job on anything they want - its not like Golarion should be a remake of FR. Maybe it is time for them to shake things up a bit.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  22:37:41  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Steven

Y'all can feel free to ooh and ahh over my most excellent little nephew pictured on the front page, now.

The one I'll probably develop more (or link through that one with my name, just for ease of finding things) will be http://vistagmedia.com/

Steven
who really has to improve that site, as he's up to 6 short stories and 2 novels by now...

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  01:00:04  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Steven

In the context of the classes (both the World Building one last fall and the Game Design one this spring), I've generated over 150 pages for each class, at least 20% of each being notes on one example fantasy world (or at least I've cobbled it together so all the disparate examples can become one potential world).

Steven
who wants you to know that Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead....

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  12:15:19  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

Steven

I'm curious about this myself. Any further info you can share on these developments Steven?

It may be a tad premature, but I'm looking at publishing a world in PDF form without necessary ties to any game rules (or perhaps just dropping them in as sidebars, using OGL just due to market saturation, or perhaps some other OGL out there). I'm not sure how long this will take, given my lack of professional mapping/illustrating skills, but I'm shooting for text preparation by autumn.

The question for me is whether there'd be more interest in a world and adventures among gaming fans or if there's more interest in producing my game design/world build classes as online classes/textbooks.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  13:42:17  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Steven

Y'all can feel free to ooh and ahh over my most excellent little nephew pictured on the front page, now.

The one I'll probably develop more (or link through that one with my name, just for ease of finding things) will be http://vistagmedia.com/

Steven
who really has to improve that site, as he's up to 6 short stories and 2 novels by now...

Steven, I could try to put together some kind of layout for you, but it's been years and years since I worked as a graphic designer (my former profession -- before I realized that what my real "calling" is to be a librarian :). You'd have to deal with the compiling of the website, though (I'm too rusty for that ;).

It's a nice picture... your beard gives you more "street cred" as a designer! (why doesn't George realize this? )

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  13:47:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It may be a tad premature, but I'm looking at publishing a world in PDF form without necessary ties to any game rules (or perhaps just dropping them in as sidebars, using OGL just due to market saturation, or perhaps some other OGL out there). I'm not sure how long this will take, given my lack of professional mapping/illustrating skills, but I'm shooting for text preparation by autumn.
I can understand where you're coming from with this. I've actually been attempting to do much the same with the world I've been working on for the past 4 years. So I know how difficult it can be to get things "just" right.

I wish you luck for your efforts Steven.
quote:
The question for me is whether there'd be more interest in a world and adventures among gaming fans or if there's more interest in producing my game design/world build classes as online classes/textbooks.
I'd be happy with either option. But that's just me.

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Jun 2008 13:50:32
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  15:29:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why not both?

One of my favorite online map-tutorials starts you off with a blank page, and then walks you through all the steps of fantasy map-making using Photoshop. As the series of video-articles progresses, the map slowly takes shape.

Another example of this is how the rules were presented in 3e - they introduced us to the iconic characters early on, and then used them in all the examples.

What you could do is have your course teach about world-building, and through the course you show people how your world unfolds. In that way, you kill two birds with one stone, and generate twice as much interest in a single product (or series of products - if the first one goes over big - you come out with another for races, and another for classes, ect...).

I know that if I could get a How-to and a setting in one package, it would be a no-brainer for me to buy.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Jun 2008 18:42:58
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2008 :  13:37:06  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

Why not both?

One of my favorite online map-tutorials starts you off with a blank page, and then walks you through all the steps of fantasy map-making using Photoshop. As the series of video-articles progresses, the map slowly takes shape.

So which product is this with its online map tutorials? I'm very curious to find an easy-to-use mapper/graphics program that allows me to use/publish the maps without there being a rights issue to them.

Steven

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  18:51:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use Photoshop, because I already had it.

I would buy the ProFantasy Products if they weren't so expensive, simply because they are better geered (and prettier) for what I like to do.

But since I did want to use Photoshop, I found the series of articles entitled "Fantasy Cartography" at YouTube indespensible.

The Link

While I always use them through YouTube (because thats how I found them), you can also view them through the guy's own site -

Zombie Nirvana Games

Whithout that gentleman's help, I would never have been able to produce all those textures I use in my maps, which everyone seems to enjoy so much.

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Jun 2008 18:51:49
Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  23:25:53  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Steven,

For the NWN2 PW project I'm involved with I'm having some fun trying to dream up what the Amnian royalty would have been like, before the last king was assassinated and the royal throne collapsed in 1276. It's exactly the sort of thing I enjoy most about this hobby--fleshing out this type of aspect of the setting sort of allows fans to play at being designer.

Some questions:

1) Were the Calishite vassal state of Valashar and Emirate of Amin different entities?

2) Calishite royal titles?

These are the ones I was able to find gleaning from LoI, EotSS and Calimport:

syl-pasha - ultimate ruler of Calimshan
grand caleph - head of a group of caliphates
pasha aka caleph - ruler of caliphate
emir - ruler of an emirate, a provincial governor
syl-vizar - ?
vizier - court advisor
nazir - prefect

Are there more?

Also, I'm wondering what sorts of duites the Amnian 'nazir' was responsible for. The title of 'prefect' is a Roman concept for any sort of civil or military administrator. But here, might it be something a bit more like a knight in practice? Or perhaps a sheriff? In Moorish Spain 'nazirs' were the defenders or wardens of mosques. Though in Amn the role of religion is not so great in the society. Anyway, with Tethyr's knights right next door I wondered if the position might bear a resemblance.

3) What sort of blend might there be of the Calishite and Tethyrian systems of royalty?

There's an opportunity here to create a sort of hybrid of real world Arabian and European inspirations.

The nation was founded by Calishite military, so I would think it would tend to favor the Calishite system, but it would have Tethyrian influences strongly blended in.

4) Why did Esmel Torlath decide to establish a monarchy, i.e., to declare himself king, as opposed to using a Calishite title?

Possible motivations or influences:

* a desire to establish a unique, separate identity for the new nation of Amn (i.e., distinct from Calimshan)
* Amn had just partnered with Tethyr in the revolt against Calimshan
* perhaps make the closest foreign trade partners (Cormyr, Western Heartlands, Turmish) feel more comfortable
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  21:58:00  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick post (and apologies to Lemernis and Markustay for not answering them in timely fashion), but I'm only home for about 48 hours before we're off to San Francisco to visit mine elder sibling for a week.

There's two new pages on http://steveneschend.com/ , one of which might be of particular interest to folks hereabouts.....

Steven

Edited by - Steven Schend on 01 Jul 2008 22:00:41
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  01:50:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Quick post (and apologies to Lemernis and Markustay for not answering them in timely fashion), but I'm only home for about 48 hours before we're off to San Francisco to visit mine elder sibling for a week.

There's two new pages on http://steveneschend.com/ , one of which might be of particular interest to folks hereabouts.....

Steven
Nice!

I can't want to see what we'll learn of these other five who bore the burden of Blackstaff.

Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  06:24:41  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If this most recent novel is anything like the last one, I'll have a great read and a great resource to use in my 4E Forgotten Realms campaign.

Only one of my players don't read the FR fiction regularly and he's good about keeping secrets, which means I get to show the other players in game what new things have happened in the setting.

This should be absolutely awesome.

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  23:40:06  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steven, how did you acquire your appreciation for scotch? Was it instantaneous or did you have to earn it?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  23:56:41  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Steven,
I was wondering if there could be any serious enough event (such as the Sellplague)
that would make Khelben want to come back and help the world survive. I know his soul "aches for rest", but I would figure in a serious enough event, he would feel
that he needed to come back steer the ship?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000