Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Hillsfar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ruhalen
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  01:14:27  Show Profile  Visit Ruhalen's Homepage Send Ruhalen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My players have decided to travel to Hillsfar, and if I know them correctly they will exmine it in much more detail then the FRCS gives. What info is there on the web for free about this city. And where can I find it.

If anyone can give me some info about HIllsfar beyond the FRCS that would be great.

Thanks

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  01:35:22  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do you mean by "examine"? Do you mean go search for info on the city outside the campaign or go explore the city? If your players are going to be snooping around Hillsfar, they better be careful or they might end up on the next slave wagon to Skullport, courtesy of the First Lord of Hillsfar and the Xanathar. Lol.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  01:53:41  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ruhalen

My players have decided to travel to Hillsfar, and if I know them correctly they will exmine it in much more detail then the FRCS gives. What info is there on the web for free about this city. And where can I find it.

If anyone can give me some info about HIllsfar beyond the FRCS that would be great.

Thanks

Hmm, short of game cheats found in search engine there does not appear to be that much. Of course the game cheats might be useful.

This URL http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Hillsfar.html might help some. It appears to offer a few links that might be useful.

I forgot to paste the URL *sighs*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Edited by - Kentinal on 08 Dec 2004 01:56:50
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  04:15:12  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right some info can be found as regarding the history of Hillsfar in "The Fall of Myth Drannor" It can be downloaded at the WoTC site, http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

There are also some non online sources that contain info on Hillsfar. These are as follows to my knowledge: "The Moonsea", "Forgotten Realms Adventures", and "Ruins of Zhentil Keep" If you could get hold on any of them, good for you. If not then I guess there isn't much info out there. (Wish they would have produced the "Volo's Guide to the Moonsea")

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  04:28:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn
There are also some non online sources that contain info on Hillsfar. These are as follows to my knowledge: "The Moonsea", "Forgotten Realms Adventures", and "Ruins of Zhentil Keep" If you could get hold on any of them, good for you. If not then I guess there isn't much info out there. (Wish they would have produced the "Volo's Guide to the Moonsea")

The 1e and 2e campaign box sets. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  17:58:02  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Ruhalen,

Here is a good compilation of resources as well:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Hillsfar

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ruhalen

Thanks

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000