Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Followers of Ghaunadur
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2004 :  22:31:39  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, about a week ago I was searching through Presitge Classes at Candlekeep, and find my name "Slime Lord" there and it has intrigued me ever since.

I don't know nothing about creating a character of the Realms, campaiging and the such, but I am looking (and have been searching to much failed attemptes...) for infomation on Ghaunadur and his Clergy.

Can anyone help me out here?

(I hope this is the right place to post this, if not I am sorry. I am new, but I am deffiently going to stick around, got a nice feeling about here)

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2004 :  22:36:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slime Lord

Well, about a week ago I was searching through Presitge Classes at Candlekeep, and find my name "Slime Lord" there and it has intrigued me ever since.

I don't know nothing about creating a character of the Realms, campaiging and the such, but I am looking (and have been searching to much failed attemptes...) for infomation on Ghaunadur and his Clergy.

Can anyone help me out here?

(I hope this is the right place to post this, if not I am sorry. I am new, but I am deffiently going to stick around, got a nice feeling about here)

Try this link. I think it might have some of the information you are seeking about followers of Ghaunadaur.

I hope that helps and welcome to Candlekeep.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2004 :  23:33:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demihuman Deities from 2e has a lot of info on him also. Or Drow of the Underdark from 2e as well. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  03:14:38  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, once you start talking about these 2e's things and such, I get confusedish ;) lol.

When I said said I knew nothing, I preety much meant that...

I'm also checking the link Sirus :)

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  03:20:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, once you start talking about these 2e's things and such, I get confusedish ;) lol.

Okay?.... What's confusing about that? The book called Demihuman Deities or Drow of the Underdark has info on him. Demihuman Deities has more then Drow of the Underdark does though.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  04:18:27  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The prestige class that you are looking for, Slime Lord, can be found in the Book of Vile Darkness and The Player's Guide to Faerun.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2004 :  13:30:44  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I answered you so, Slime Lord, on the wizards.com boards:
quote:
Ghaunadaur and its priesthood, like all the gods of the drow, dwarven, elven, gnome, and halfling pantheons, is most fully described in Demihuman Deities. Ghaunadaur, which first appeared in FOR2 The Drow of the Underdark, is the Realms' version of Gary Gygax's Elder Elemental God which appeared in the G and D modules.
The words Demihuman Deities are a link to where you can get most of what you want. FOR2 The Drow of the Underdark is the main sourcebook (irrespective of game edition) on the drow. The G and D modules are famous early adventures: G1 Steading of the Hill Giant Chief, G2 Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl, G3 Hall of the Fire Giant King, D1 Descent Into the Depths of the Earth, D2 Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, D3 Vault of the Drow.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  00:30:52  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faraer, is Demihuman Deities more detailed than Faiths & Pantheons?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  00:36:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Faraer, is Demihuman Deities more detailed than Faiths & Pantheons?

The three "god books" Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons, and Demihuman Deities, are far more detailed than Faiths & Pantheons. F&P is little more than a trimmed down 3E compilation of the other three books. There was a tiny bit of new lore, and that's about it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 13 Oct 2004 00:44:00
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  00:48:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, yeah, in Waterdeep, thre's a small temple to Ghaunadaur in a hidden cellar under a warehouse in the Dock Ward.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  14:54:36  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Oh, yeah, in Waterdeep, thre's a small temple to Ghaunadaur in a hidden cellar under a warehouse in the Dock Ward.

Very niffty. Shame I don't know how to play this game what so ever...Always liked the idea of Waterdeep...

Hmm...Okie dokies. I suppose it answers most of my questions for Slime Lord...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000