Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Xvim the Banesone
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2018 :  20:17:13  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Agreed with the name issue. Xvimlar sounds, to me at least, much better than Banite. Just a preference though.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Neil

quote:
Myself, I liked Xvim. I thought he had much better style than Bane... I was actually disappointed to read of Bane's return.

'Banite' sounds better than 'Xvimlar'. That, and I really liked Bane, and missed him while he was gone. He was a god with tradition, brains and charisma, although as I understood it, certain TSR policies related to morality in the novels and sourcebooks made him come off a little like Dr. Claw ("I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next time!")

Bringing back Bane in the official products saves me the trouble of doing it myself. ;)

I don't even like the name "Bane", much less terms like "Banite". "Iyachtu Xvim" is a cool name to say, and "Xvimlar" very much works for me.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2018 :  22:59:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Great Reader sleyvas,

DAMN! That is one hot, awesome-sauce, mega theory, and I for one love it! I didn't even think to connect Xvim going to Abeir! That is so deep, I have to ask Great Reader: were digging into the hallucinogenics last night, having a Xvimite divination ritual? You, Alaundo, and El Nar'ysr in a poker room sometime would be a fun as hell event to listen in on!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Ok, I'm announcing from the outset... going out on a limb here with some of the ideas we've been throwing around the last year or two.

We've been wondering about three tyrannical entities... Bane, Xvim, and Gilgeam.... since the sundering and the last 2 brimstone angels novels. Gilgeam appears to be returned according to the novel, but he calls himself the "Son of Victory" instead of the "Father of Victory". He's also very weak and seemingly at least somewhat dependent on an item for his power. Still he professes to be Gilgeam, and people believe him.

We had been discussing the idea that where Mourktar WAS is all water during 4th edition, and that that area may have transferred to Abeir (the only indication otherwise is a RLB's novel which has them approaching a city CALLED Mourktar... which may be a "new" city established in the last century by survivors of vanished Mourktar within the remaining bounds of Threskel... I say new, because it may be 80 years old). In Mourktar was "the largest temple of Bane", but one which favored the colors of Green and Black, which were Xvim's traditional colors.

So, what if prior to the spellplague, Xvim HAD been trying to take over his father's shoes, then the spellplague happened. Perhaps it was original Bane "left behind"/"returned" to Toril, much as how Amaunator and other gods "returned"... and Xvim went to Abeir. Xvim then begins posing as Gilgeam to a displaced Untheric population. It should also be noted, Xvim is half-demonic, and the army that "Gilgeam"/"Son of Victory" is leading is supported by demons. Leading into this hypothesis is the idea that the novels indicate that Enlil sees something familiar in "Gilgeam", but also something different. If Xvim were to inhabit Gilgeam's former god flesh that might create this strange mix.

Thank you, and I don't use such products, but I do come up with wild ideas a lot. The other folks often have to reign me in by catching the parts I may miss, which usually leads to more extrapolation, and better ideas.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2018 :  22:59:36  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great Reader sleyvas,

DAMN! That is one hot, awesome-sauce, mega theory, and I for one love it! I didn't even think to connect Xvim going to Abeir! That is so deep, I have to ask Great Reader: were digging into the hallucinogenics last night, having a Xvimite divination ritual? You, Alaundo, and El Nar'ysr in a poker room sometime would be a fun as hell event to listen in on!

Best regards,

quote:

Ok, I'm announcing from the outset... going out on a limb here with some of the ideas we've been throwing around the last year or two.

We've been wondering about three tyrannical entities... Bane, Xvim, and Gilgeam.... since the sundering and the last 2 brimstone angels novels. Gilgeam appears to be returned according to the novel, but he calls himself the "Son of Victory" instead of the "Father of Victory". He's also very weak and seemingly at least somewhat dependent on an item for his power. Still he professes to be Gilgeam, and people believe him.

We had been discussing the idea that where Mourktar WAS is all water during 4th edition, and that that area may have transferred to Abeir (the only indication otherwise is a RLB's novel which has them approaching a city CALLED Mourktar... which may be a "new" city established in the last century by survivors of vanished Mourktar within the remaining bounds of Threskel... I say new, because it may be 80 years old). In Mourktar was "the largest temple of Bane", but one which favored the colors of Green and Black, which were Xvim's traditional colors.

So, what if prior to the spellplague, Xvim HAD been trying to take over his father's shoes, then the spellplague happened. Perhaps it was original Bane "left behind"/"returned" to Toril, much as how Amaunator and other gods "returned"... and Xvim went to Abeir. Xvim then begins posing as Gilgeam to a displaced Untheric population. It should also be noted, Xvim is half-demonic, and the army that "Gilgeam"/"Son of Victory" is leading is supported by demons. Leading into this hypothesis is the idea that the novels indicate that Enlil sees something familiar in "Gilgeam", but also something different. If Xvim were to inhabit Gilgeam's former god flesh that might create this strange mix.

Thank you, and I don't use such products, but I do come up with wild ideas a lot. The other folks often have to reign me in by catching the parts I may miss, which usually leads to more extrapolation, and better ideas.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2018 :  03:38:45  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader sleyvas,

You're quite welcome!

Best regards,

quote:

quote:

Great Reader sleyvas,

Best regards,

quote:

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

redking
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2018 :  01:15:18  Show Profile Send redking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am with Wooly Rupert. Xvim is Bane, Bane is Xvim.

It might be interesting to throw that in as a new Banite doctrine. A duality, father and son as one being.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2018 :  14:49:53  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker redking,

I can absolutely see that. Though, I can see that they are and are not, at the exact same time.

I mean...there are rumors from the real world there is a religion that has some sort of confusing group of entities being individual and the same at the same time...

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by redking

I am with Wooly Rupert. Xvim is Bane, Bane is Xvim.

It might be interesting to throw that in as a new Banite doctrine. A duality, father and son as one being.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Misereor
Learned Scribe

164 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2018 :  08:01:14  Show Profile Send Misereor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If an Unholy Ghost shows up at some point, I'm calling shenanigans.

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
Go to Top of Page

Misereor
Learned Scribe

164 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2018 :  08:11:31  Show Profile Send Misereor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That is a fantastic acknowledgement of something really awesome! I never even had that in my mind. Is there any way you could dig more of that up and come back with a more robust analysis of that?

I'm afraid not. Between a flooded basement and a divorce, I usually have to go by recollection when quoting stuff. Lost damn near a full collection of FR stuff from 1st and 2nd ed. >:p

What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2018 :  13:46:32  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Misereor,

haha...fair enough!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Misereor

quote:

If an Unholy Ghost shows up at some point, I'm calling shenanigans.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2018 :  13:54:56  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Misereor,

Wow. I commiserate.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Misereor

quote:
That is a fantastic acknowledgement of something really awesome! I never even had that in my mind. Is there any way you could dig more of that up and come back with a more robust analysis of that?

I'm afraid not. Between a flooded basement and a divorce, I usually have to go by recollection when quoting stuff. Lost damn near a full collection of FR stuff from 1st and 2nd ed. >:p

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  13:58:41  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Xvim is Bane 2.0.

I thought that was pretty obvious. Didn't know it was contested. A vision is just a vision, and Xvim could have planted it as it was percieved on purpose, sending a message. I never assumed that vision described was literally what had happened.

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  17:50:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

quote:

Xvim is Bane 2.0.

I thought that was pretty obvious. Didn't know it was contested. A vision is just a vision, and Xvim could have planted it as it was percieved on purpose, sending a message. I never assumed that vision described was literally what had happened.

It's never been conclusively stated anywhere, and even if it was the intent, I think it's been forgotten or disregarded by the current design team... Which is sad, because -- in my opinion, of course -- it's one of the many opportunities to make things more interesting that was utterly kicked to the curb by later designers.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  18:54:38  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's never been conclusively stated anywhere..

No, I get that. I just thought it was obvious. I tend to think of divine power not as people but as an energy in these cases. The domains move around between the gods of the Forgotten Realms all the time. Xvim calls himself Bane. Tiamat calls herself Entropy. These beings will do anything for a little more power.

Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  19:40:24  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now imagine Xvim not only posing as Bane, but splitting off a portion of his essence to go to Abeir per Sleyvas' ruminations. So Xvim is Bane on Toril and Gilgeam on Abeir. Quite a way to double-dip.
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  20:52:49  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've tried to understand the difference between Abeir and Toril but none of the links I've googled up has provided me with any satisfying explanation. Would you care to enlighten me or point me to a link that explains it?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  21:02:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's the world that Ao split off of what was originally Abeir-Toril. Now it's a wholly separate world with few direct connections to Toril - like it is in a different dimension. Every once in a while, there is a cosmic conjunction and the two interface. Such as the time of the Spelllplague. But that's 4E lore so details are sketchy.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  21:20:19  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

It's the world that Ao split off of what was originally Abeir-Toril. Now it's a wholly separate world with few direct connections to Toril - like it is in a different dimension. Every once in a while, there is a cosmic conjunction and the two interface. Such as the time of the Spelllplague. But that's 4E lore so details are sketchy.

-- George Krashos

Ok, so two copies of the same reality but just slightly out of sync? Like vision after a hard hit to the head or after a few drinks too many? Or perhaps you can only see one of them at a time?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  22:25:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Returnip

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

Ok, so two copies of the same reality but just slightly out of sync? Like vision after a hard hit to the head or after a few drinks too many? Or perhaps you can only see one of them at a time?

Not even a copy, which is one of the reasons the idea just doesn't work for me. It's a separate world with its own distinct landmasses and everything. It's a fraternal twin, not an identical one.

Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2020 :  23:26:47  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, Abeir until 4E had primordials (Dawn Titans) but no gods (Estelar). The afterlife of an Abeiran soul is unknown, but whatever it is, Kelemvor has no say in the matter.

The Abeir-Toril split happened about -31,000 DR. One of the primodrials (Asgorath IIRC) tried to hurl an ice moon at the original planet Abeir-Toril. Ao split the planet to prevent destruction. The gods (and primordials such as Ubtao who sided with them) got Toril and the primordials got Abeir.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2020 :  03:21:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Also, Abeir until 4E had primordials (Dawn Titans) but no gods (Estelar). The afterlife of an Abeiran soul is unknown, but whatever it is, Kelemvor has no say in the matter.

The Abeir-Toril split happened about -31,000 DR. One of the primodrials (Asgorath IIRC) tried to hurl an ice moon at the original planet Abeir-Toril. Ao split the planet to prevent destruction. The gods (and primordials such as Ubtao who sided with them) got Toril and the primordials got Abeir.

Apparently making a new planet is easier than stopping a big snowball.

Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2020 :  04:10:12  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Apparently making a new planet is easier than stopping a big snowball.

I wonder where said ice-ball is now if it passed between the two planetary bodies and went careening off into realmspace...

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2020 :  06:39:02  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Returnip,

I must say, I have a real love for a little more mystery in there as well. Having the gods too defined makes it a little pointless to me!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Bootravsky
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2020 :  15:36:39  Show Profile Send Bootravsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In a similar way, I had the theory that Ambuchar Devayam and Iyachtu Xvim were different iterations of the Baneson, just from different lands and times - their names seem similar enough also. Maybe, they are all immortal beings that feed into the story cycle of the Strife Father being consumed by his child, a Faerunian version of Chronos/Zeus, or Arthur/Mordred. AND maybe Gilgeam is yet another iteration.
Jergal’s first child (DR -1377) = Ambuchar Devayam
Jergal splits his portfolio (-350s - -88)
The early first millennia = Gilgeam
DR 759 -1368 = Iyachtu Xvim

Timeline is messy, but who cares?

quote:

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2020 :  22:29:32  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bootravsky

In a similar way, I had the theory that Ambuchar Devayam and Iyachtu Xvim were different iterations of the Baneson, just from different lands and times - their names seem similar enough also. Maybe, they are all immortal beings that feed into the story cycle of the Strife Father being consumed by his child, a Faerunian version of Chronos/Zeus, or Arthur/Mordred. AND maybe Gilgeam is yet another iteration.
Jergal’s first child (DR -1377) = Ambuchar Devayam
Jergal splits his portfolio (-350s - -88)
The early first millennia = Gilgeam
DR 759 -1368 = Iyachtu Xvim

Timeline is messy, but who cares?

quote:

What makes you link Tan Chin of Kara-Tur (Ambuchar Devayam) and Jergal? For linking Gilgeam and Bane, there's several links in lore that hint that perhaps Gilgeam was taken over by Bane at some point (for instance the "Banespear" that was rumored to be able to slay Gilgeam, and the change in Gilgeam from a generally affable personality to a cold tyrant).

I had actually forgotten THIS idea (of Xvim being the one transferred to Abeir), but I admit I still like it that possibly Gilgeam is Xvim from when Xvim was masquerading as Bane. This whole storyline where "Bane is back as some lesser entity" just screams to me that something funky is going on with him. He's a full on high up power in some form, but I think there's separate "aspects" of him floating about..... maybe as different people (Xvim, Bane, etc...).... or maybe he was split in a way similar to Manshoon. There's some bigger story at play.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Bootravsky
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2020 :  02:48:43  Show Profile Send Bootravsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, that’s easy: nothing but slight phonetic similarities between Iyachtu Xvim and Ambuchar Devayam. I just like the idea of something that ties the east and west realms tighter. They’ve always felt so separate, since most Realms products ignore Semphar and Murghom. Wasn’t Bane from the East as a living being? I think Myrkul was from Murghom, and Baal was Netherese (4e...).

quote:

What makes you link Tan Chin of Kara-Tur (Ambuchar Devayam) and Jergal? For linking Gilgeam and Bane, there's several links in lore that hint that perhaps Gilgeam was taken over by Bane at some point (for instance the "Banespear" that was rumored to be able to slay Gilgeam, and the change in Gilgeam from a generally affable personality to a cold tyrant).

I had actually forgotten THIS idea (of Xvim being the one transferred to Abeir), but I admit I still like it that possibly Gilgeam is Xvim from when Xvim was masquerading as Bane. This whole storyline where "Bane is back as some lesser entity" just screams to me that something funky is going on with him. He's a full on high up power in some form, but I think there's separate "aspects" of him floating about..... maybe as different people (Xvim, Bane, etc...).... or maybe he was split in a way similar to Manshoon. There's some bigger story at play.

Edited by - Bootravsky on 29 Dec 2020 15:42:54
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2020 :  02:52:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bootravsky

Oh, that’s easy: nothing but slight phonetic similarities between Iyachtu Xvim and Ambuchar Devayam. I just like the idea of something that ties the east and west realms tighter. They’ve always felt so separate, since most Realms products ignore Semphar and Murghom. Wasn’t Bane from the East as a living being? I think Myrkul was from Murghom, and Baal was Netherese (4e...).

quote:

I don't see a lot of phonetic similarity between Ambuchar Devayam and Iyachtu Xvim, nor much similarity in their stories, nor anything to link Ambuchar to Jergal as his son.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2021 :  14:24:09  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bane always had the ability to reincarnate.

Remember Dragon 57 with Ed's Down to Earth Divinity article. It mentions of Bane:

BANE The “big baddie,” Lord Bane is never seen, although there are tales of a freezing black-taloned hand and eyes
of blazing fire, and can be considered as roughly equivalent to Druaga (DDG, p.23). He does not, however, rule the archdevils (see Note #4).

Going to DDG, we see this of Druaga:
"Druaga only fights in person when his soul object (always put in a living being) is threatened. The soul object is the total essence of his being. If Druaga's bodily form is destroyed, the soul object will begin regenerating a whole new being with all the memories of the old devil. The human that has Druaga's soul implanted in him or her has no knowledge of this, and will die at the same time the devil body's dies, so that when the human's body is buried, there will be a safe place for the new devil to grow."

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2021 :  21:05:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rangerstranger

Wooly, I was looking for a full breakdown of your theory that Bane never returned and that Xvim is now pretending to be his father and this was the closest thing I could find in my searches. I have found an interesting note in an official source that I think would lend aid to your theory, if you have not already seen this bit of info. Again I haven't seen you make mention of it.

Anyway I am currently running a campaign where Scyllua Darkhope is prominent figure and I was looking for more info about her and her adoptive uncle, Teldorn Darkhope. So I went searching through all my books and I remembered that there are a couple of pages about Mintar in the Empires of the Shining Sea booklet. On Page 155, the first paragraph after "Notable Clergy and Churches" it says "The Temple of the Dark Lord, the temple at which Teldorn Darkhope received the visions that launched him on his schemes of conquest. Unknown to Darkhope, it was not Bane who was whispering tales of conquest and reward into his ears--it was actually Iyachtu Xvim, the Godson of Bane. Darkhope remains unaware of the deception to this day, but he suspects Bane may not be of the pawer he once was."

This definitely sets the precedent that Xvim is not above pretending to be his father in effort to further his own cause. Xvim may not have intended for Teldorn to believe he was Bane when whispering into his ear but he seems to have just ran with it after seeing how much fervor he created with in Teldorn and how effectively he was in conquering Mintar. Also, I find it interesting that Teldorn started his conquest of Mintar on Midwinter night, 1362, and Bane supposedly returned on Midwinter night, 1372.

That's an interesting bit. I'll have to add that to my list, along with another reference someone recently pointed out in the "Monument of the Ancients" adventure.

Go to Top of Page

rangerstranger
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2021 :  22:58:38  Show Profile Send rangerstranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That entry from Monuments of the Ancients is very interesting as well.
Go to Top of Page

DeBasilisk
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2021 :  19:26:51  Show Profile Send DeBasilisk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed has issued some comments on Twitter regarding Xvims current status which seem to disprove a lot of the theories here on the forum but on the bright side do confirm that he is “out there.”

“11/15/21
@Artie_Pavlov

A quick question @TheEdVerse if “all gods are back” what does it mean for Xvim? He did get ripped apart by his father being reborn. Is he still a dead power as of the 15th century dr?

@TheEdVerse

Most folk in the Realms think he’s still dead and gone, but his clergy and most devout lay followers, and the Chosen of Mystra, know differently; they perceive him from time to time as a ghostly whisperer in their dreams/nightmares. He doesn’t seem to have any stronger physical presence. Yet.

Nor does he, as a ghostly presence, seem all that sane or firm of purpose. He mostly seems to crave worship, hungrily and desperately.”
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000