Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Lisa Smedman
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  14:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe not first level, but low level. He just seemed to stumble and luck his way through the beginning of the book, which is usually what low level characters do in my games. It's like, we can see his potential, we're just watching as he tries to reach it. It was a cool book, again, I love the character.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  19:06:14  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there.

From: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/yarnocp

I found a writting of yours.

What caught my attention was this.

"The parents made their journey to the temple and asked the priestesses if they would cure their son. By the time they received an answer, the moon was almost full. As they began the long journey home again, they turned into werewolves. Unfortunately, their transformation occurred just as Eilistraee’s priestesses set out on one of the “hunts” they hold on a regular basis to clear the forest of monsters. Caught up in a religious furor, the priestesses swept down upon the werewolves and slaughtered them.

Yarno’s grandfather found their corpses a few days later. The heads had been taken and placed in one of the “trophy trees” that mark the boundaries of Eilistraee’s sacred grounds. The grandfather buried what remained."

While not sure that good were would be attacked in the first place, I do imagine such errors can occur. What concerns me more is the 2nd paragraph. This due to the fact. Source: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20020503a

"The High Hunt, celebrated at least once each season, is a nocturnal pursuit of a dangerous beast or monster, led by clerics of Eilistraee. By tradition, the hunters may use any bladed weapons and wear anything—except the clerics, who go naked, each carrying only a single sword. If the quarry is slain, the celebrants chant prayers and perform a circle dance to the deity. ... Be always kind, except in battle with evil."

2nd Ediition had a fuller write up on the Eilistraee which includes this. "When priests of the goddess must fight evil, they are to bum the bodies of the evil creatures they slay as an offering to the goddess-unless such creatures are edible and nonsentient, and there
are hungry folk near."

Thus I would have expected the bodies of the Were to have been burned.

So question is this.
Has Eilistraee stopped burning the bodies of evil killed or perhaps a continuity problem?
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  22:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ryss Firemaster

Hello there. I too have just read Standard Delving Procedure. Funny stuff and interesting characters. So I'm sort of hoping that you'll do more stories with those two.

I love the story..hmmm ok there are dwarves in the story and I like dwarves very much.
I`m very dissapointed that there isn`t a book in all the FR series that only has dwarves as charakters.
Standard Delving Procedure is a very good work. *thumps up*
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  10:31:59  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vipers Kiss has vastly exceeded my expectations and it's kept me raptly entertained this past week during my office hours ;)

I have just one question about some of the content of the book though. How in the heck did you manage to get the one scene of Dmetrio and Glisena past the editor? It's a bit more... descriptive than I expected out of a WotC book, though frankly I'm not making a complaint about it. If it's a relaxation on content in general, or just a better conception of the target audience for the novels on WotCs part I'd be quite happy.

And actually, are there content guidelines for the material in the novels?

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  05:08:05  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, LS,

I was just breezing through your thread and the comment you made about enjoying "fleshing out what are otherwise mere game mechanics" struck me as very near to one of my own favorite past times. And as I see it, your work with the yuan-ti is the perfect opportunity. Do you find psionics easier or harder to work with than magic? Psionics get less play in the Realms, it seems, but I would guess that some of your Dark Sun background helps out with that as well.

Also, thanks to the glowing appraisals people have given Extinction on this thread (and because WotSQ is quite captivating), I'm very much looking forward to (finally ) picking that one up.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Lisa Smedman
Forgotten Realms Author

12 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  08:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Lisa Smedman's Homepage Send Lisa Smedman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
Sorry for being out of the loop for so long. My thanks to Alaundo for reminding me to check in!
Here's some answers:

Standard Delving Procedure
This title of this story came out of a gaming group I DMed many years ago. They always used "standard operating procedure" for opening doors. "SOP!" they would shout. Then they would check for traps, listen... then kick the damn thing in. Oh, and maybe check to see if it was actually locked. :-) Very much a hack 'n' slash group.
The acronyms in this story were fun, but time consuming. Some came to me right away, others had me pacing back and forth, trying to come up with just the right letter combo. The writing technique was, in a word, Frustrating and Unusual but Necessary. :-)

Viper's Kiss
In regard to the mature subject matter, nothing wound up on the cutting room floor, somewhat to my surprise. I really wondered if the Dmetrio and Glisena sex scene would survive intact, and am glad to see that it did. It certainly made Arvin blush... and I nearly did, too.
The decision to make Arvin a "beginner" psionicist and advance him up through the levels, book by book, was indeed mine. It allowed me to explore a class from the ground up, and to give it my own unique spin.
What's often lacking, in AD&D, is a sense of "how" the magic works, over and above the rules mechanics. And how it feels. I hope I've provided that... and some starting points for DMs out there who want to incorporate a distinctive form of psionics in their campaigns.
As to whether psionics is easier to write than magic, I'd say about the same. There are always the frustrations, when working within an established rules system (as opposed to a world entirely of your own invention), of needing something to happen, narratively, but there not being that exact spell or magic item in the game to accomplish what's required. You can make some of it up, sure, but add too many "unique new magic items/spells" to the mix and you've strayed too far from the path.
I found psionics fun to describe because it's so much a part of the person and so much in their head (so to speak). In the Dark Sun novels (all of which I've read) I noticed that the psionics tended to have a virtual reality feel to them -- the manifestations were described as events in a surrealistic landscape. I took psionics in the opposite direction, deep into the gut-level feelings of the person working them (or on the receiving end of things).

Extinction
Well, you got me on the continuity thing. I missed the line about burning the bodies of evil creatures. (My only excuse is that it's in a separate section from the bit on the High Hunt, which is what I was describing.) I suppose I could try to fix this continuity flaw after the fact by saying that the werewolves were slain in full-on wolf form, were mistaken as (neutral) wolves and their (animal, non-evil) bodies left for other creatures of the forest to feed on, but that would be fibbing. :-)

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  11:06:39  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa

Firstly, loved Venom's Taste! Loads of flavor and very well written. I'm chomping at the bit for Vanity's Brood!!

One question I have at the moment is more regarding the back cover blurb of both released novels of the House of Serpents... In Venom's Taste, the back cover listed Dediana who wasn't even in the book, in Viper's Kiss (as you may have read somewhere else on the forum) it mentions Karell's race...which is a spoiler I just wondered if you are powerless againt the editors or whoever, with respect to what gets written for the back cover? Even so, it takes away no enjoyment from the novels themselves

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2005 :  18:44:00  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
Also, thanks to the glowing appraisals people have given Extinction on this thread (and because WotSQ is quite captivating), I'm very much looking forward to (finally ) picking that one up.

Just to update: I have read Extinction now (took about 3 days tops). Quite enjoyable -- I liked the romance and the character development, and thought that's what the series had been lacking before. Not that any of the former books were the worse for it, but I thought your addition, LS, was well thought out and well executed.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6640 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2005 :  02:09:25  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa

I'd like to chime in and say that I too really enjoyed your short story in "Realms of the Dragons". It was one of the highlights of the anthology - and of course it dealt with dwarves (my favourite race!).

Also just finished up "Extinction", and very much enjoyed that also. Your treatment of the aboleth gave great insight into how these beasties think/operate and I like the attention given to Halisstra's outlook/worship change. The one downside was your fabulous idea for her sword (the hilt being like a flute) - having an FR interest in swords and 'new ideas' re them (there are about 90 or so I need to write up in Impiltur ), I was unhappy that I didn't think of the concept first! If I use it now, I hope that I'll have your permission - mayhap there's a tradition of such swords within the church of Eilistraee.

Once again, good stuff and I plan to grab your serpent series as soon as I next get to my gaming store.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  05:20:04  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Lisa,

It's been months since I've been on the site but I just wanted to say I've read all your FR books, and they were all quite good and very enjoyable. I really liked Vipers Kiss, I blew through that in 2 days. I just wished you could write faster hehe. Anyway thanks for the stories they were great, I'm look g forwadr to the 3rd book as soon as I can get it.

PFoA
Go to Top of Page

Jemima Aslana
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2005 :  23:48:14  Show Profile  Visit Jemima Aslana's Homepage Send Jemima Aslana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read Venom's Taste and Viper's Kiss both in one day. I love that vacation allows for reading all day hehe

So, dear Ms Smedman, some comments and questions for you:

I am absolutely thrilled about these books, because I have long wanted to know more about the monster races and their societies(if applicable) One thing is having many options for player characters in your games, another is the challenge of the GM to set up a credible BBEG - and these novels have provided me with exactly the food for thought I wished for after going through Serpent Kingdoms. So thank you for that.

As for the books themselves:

I must say I prefered Venom to Viper for the simple reason that it stayed among the Yuan-ti, at least more so than Viper did. While an important aspect of a race is how they conduct themselves amongst other races (I loved the scene with the arriving yuan-ti ambassador and the young pickpocket), I felt that Viper strayed a bit from the previous focus on the yuan-ti. I'm guessing you found it necessary.

Admittedly I have a preference for the darker stuff(I'm positive it comes from being a GM and thinking up so many villains), and I really loved the atmosphere you created in Hlondeth during Venom, I think Arvin at some point recalls it as a 'constant slithering sound' or somesuch. It made a big impression, and it somewhat disappointed me that this sense of foreboding and evil didn't follow the protagonists as much in Viper as it did in Venom. It made the 'final' encounter at the end of Viper appear much less threatening and much less dangerous than walking in Hlondeth's streets did, and though Hlondeth isn't a safe place to be if you're human, it is still safer than facing off against a demon.

I'm rather curious, though, do you prefer the way you present Arvin while he's in Hlondeth or do you prefer him in Sespech? It is two very different 'pictures' we get of him. Also, which one was more enjoyable to write for you?

Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn!

Edited by - Jemima Aslana on 12 Jul 2005 23:50:01
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  21:27:30  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really enjoyed Extinction. It had some real twists and turns, but of course it is the way of Lolth so you did a really great job. Oh yeah and why did they change the Spider Queens name from Lloth to Lolth?

Endure, in enduring we grow strong.
-Dak'kon, Planescape Torment
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  21:34:08  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Scimitars

Oh yeah and why did they change the Spider Queens name from Lloth to Lolth?

This is an old question, the Lloth version apears to be a typo (however has become canon as a local name that some cities use).

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  21:56:03  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I apoligize for asking an old question for I did not know that it was an old question.

Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2005 :  20:55:51  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Ms. Smedman

Thank your for writing such exciting novels like Venom's Taste and Viper's Kiss. i really enjoyed them
Actually i finished to read Viper's Kiss and was again intrigued by the personal experiences of Arvin. His fears from Zelia, his approach to the psionic powers and the feelings between him and Karrell. The menace of Sybil's scheme combined with the political situation of the Vilhon Reach .... What a wonderful book !!
I am a bit sad about the fate of Karrell. She was an interesting character, i don't have expected to find so many "human feelings" in such a creature. I am glad about it. Are there any chances to see her again ?
I am wondering if the main characters of “The House of Serpents Trilogy” will be printed in a Dragon article ....
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2005 :  03:02:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Scimitars

Well I apoligize for asking an old question for I did not know that it was an old question.

Don't worry about it. You won't be the last person to ask that question. I'm glad you liked the novel.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa Smedman
Forgotten Realms Author

12 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  02:10:44  Show Profile  Visit Lisa Smedman's Homepage Send Lisa Smedman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Glad to hear that you're all enjoying the House of Serpents trilogy. I was really happy to be given a chunk of the Realms to play in that hadn't been explored much. The yuan-ti proved even more interesting than I'd anticipated. In preparation for writing the trilogy, I read a LOT about snakes, and some odd details found their way into the work.
As for the settings in the trilogy, the plan from the beginning was to gradually "widen the focus" of the novels by starting in Hlondeth and pulling out from there. The editors at WOTC wanted me to explore the yuan-ti in several different settings, gradually revealing the scope of their reach and influence. In Book 3, the scene shifts once again... this time, far to the south.
Zelia, by the way, was a really fun villain to write. My original concept that she would be a throw-away villain for Book 1, not to appear again, but my writer's group (who provide invaluable help with their critiquing) urged me to keep her. And so she remained, and grew, in terms of menace and threat. Expect to see a really BIG confrontation in Book 3.
I'd love to have Zelia, Karrell, Arvin, etc. appear in a Dragon article. It would certainly be easy enough to write, since I kept careful track of their stats, capabilities, equipment, etc. I'll have to pitch that one to Dragon and see what they say.
Yes, the flute sword was something of my own creation. Glad you liked it. Go ahead and give it gaming stats, with my blessing.
On another topic, the characters in Realms of the Dragons (and other dwarven Delvers) are definately something I'd like to do a novel-length treatment of, at some point. I mentioned this to my editor, but WOTC already had other things in mind for me. Now that the final draft of "Vanity's Brood" is in the can, I'll be doing another Forgotten Realms trilogy. I can't mention, quite yet, what it's going to be about, but will be hashing out details next week with my editor and can maybe say a little bit about it after that.
Meanwhile, I have a story in the upcoming Realms of the Elves anthology (I believe that anthology is a Feb. 2006 release). "Necessary Sacrifices" focuses on the drow... but from the point of view of followers of Shevarash. Quite a neat turnaround from writing "Extinction!" I'd looking forward to hearing what you all think of it.
Cheers, Lisa
Go to Top of Page

TylerXKJ
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  05:23:05  Show Profile  Visit TylerXKJ's Homepage Send TylerXKJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a running gag that Arvin will obtain a weapon that magically makes frost, only to loose it against a monster? I might be crossing different books together, but in Venom's Taste, didn't Arvin use an icy sword against a gibbering mouther or some other mutant? Then in Viper's Kiss he got that icicle-like dagger? I just noticed that it happens in both books and found it funny.

Go to Top of Page

Ebonshine
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  20:07:40  Show Profile  Visit Ebonshine's Homepage Send Ebonshine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have always been a fan of the Yuan-Ti and others of their ilk since I first read of them.

It is great to read stories about them in your trilogy Lisa.

I don't have a question I just wanted to say thanks for doing a great job and that I'm really looking forward to the final book.

Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2005 :  03:53:46  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like a good trilogy I think I might read it.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2005 :  06:29:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lisa a quick question

Will Vanity's Brood deal with or touch on the ruined Jhaamdathan city of Lirremar which lies beneath Hlondeth?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Lisa Smedman
Forgotten Realms Author

12 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2005 :  05:03:26  Show Profile  Visit Lisa Smedman's Homepage Send Lisa Smedman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,
No, Vanity's Brood won't be exploring the ancient Jhaamdathan city of Lirremar. It will, however, be delving into a certain ancient temple that was rediscovered by House Extaminos centuries ago. (Bet you can guess who's using it now.)
I also got the go-ahead from WOTC to tell you all about my next project. It's going to be a trilogy (titles yet to be hashed out) that focuses on the drow. Specifically, on Hallistra of the War of the Spider Queen series. It's going to continue one of the threads from that series, and should be a blast to write. The first book is scheduled for release in February 2007.
And that's all I'm allowed to say!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2005 :  09:57:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Smedman

Hi,
No, Vanity's Brood won't be exploring the ancient Jhaamdathan city of Lirremar. It will, however, be delving into a certain ancient temple that was rediscovered by House Extaminos centuries ago. (Bet you can guess who's using it now.)
I also got the go-ahead from WOTC to tell you all about my next project. It's going to be a trilogy (titles yet to be hashed out) that focuses on the drow. Specifically, on Hallistra of the War of the Spider Queen series. It's going to continue one of the threads from that series, and should be a blast to write. The first book is scheduled for release in February 2006.
And that's all I'm allowed to say!

Is the Hallistra series post Resurrection or pre WOSQ?

Also does this mean where getting 2 books from you next year, or did you mean the first Hallistra novel will be out in Feb 2007?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Lisa Smedman
Forgotten Realms Author

12 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  04:31:40  Show Profile  Visit Lisa Smedman's Homepage Send Lisa Smedman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops! Sorry, I meant to say the first book will be out in February 2007, with the second book scheduled for later that year and the third in 2008. And yes, the trilogy will take place after the events of War of the Spider Queen.
Cheers! Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  14:17:36  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds completely awesome, Lisa! After you work with you current trilogy, you give me something to look forward to in 2007, as well! Huzzah!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2005 :  04:30:52  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lisa, I am really looking forward to Vanity's Brood. In fact, I am impatiently waiting for March to roll around so I can read it.

One question I am curious about: back when Serpent Kingdoms came out, Eric reintroduced a lot of intriguing scaly folk deities. When asked on the boards where the serpent gods keep their divine realms and if they have their own plane, he mentioned mysteriously that you may or may not have an answer for that in your forthcoming book. I am dying to know if there is any chance that you do touch on the planar realms of the serpent gods at all in Vanity's Brood?
Go to Top of Page

jameslt0
Seeker

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  04:19:22  Show Profile  Visit jameslt0's Homepage Send jameslt0 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not sure how I feel about Vanity's Brood. I am really...unhappy about the fate of Karrell. I dont suppose there is small chance she will come back in the last book. After all, RA Salvatore had a character that survived in the abys with a demon.

James
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  06:23:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jameslt0

After all, RA Salvatore had a character that survived in the abys with a demon.

James

Yeah, but that wasn't his original intention.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2005 :  15:02:36  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly! Don't let that secret out!

Lisa,

In the trilogy you're going to write about Halisstra (yay!), as her now being a servant of Lolth, is her appearance going to be the same or is she different? Or is that a NDA?

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

TheSource
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  16:49:58  Show Profile  Visit TheSource's Homepage Send TheSource a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Lisa,

I just read Venom's taste and Viper's Kiss and I must say..they were wonderful...I have read forgotten realms novels since 1988 and I've read everything thats been put out atleast 10 times each..because of this and the fact that not too many forgooten realms novels published in a years time..I havent read in a while..I happened upon your books though and decided that I needed to give them a shot...I am glad I did..your a wonderful author!!

I have two questions if you'll indulge me.

1)I really enjoyed the relationship Between Karrell and Arvin in Viper' Kiss..It gave me a broader perspective of the Yuan-Ti race...intil Viper's Kiss..they were only displayed as arrogant and cunning..with a touch of a superiority complex..I know from the brief description of Vanity's Brood that Karrell is alive..so I am happy about that..my question is this...Do you mean to have Karrell with Arvin(Like Drizzt is with Catti-Brie and Cadderly is with Danica) or was it simply put in Viper's Kiss to advance the plot and add another element to the story?

2)I found your use of a psion interesting..if not confusing..no offense to you by any means..I recently read the Everis Cale Trilogy which had a psion in it and the powers display and overall mechanics of the character were radically different...was there a reason for this? Is you use of a psion more traditional based than the one used in the Cale Trilogy?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000