Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Langdarma and the Radiant Citadel
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2022 :  00:29:02  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Certainly I’d have to give Faces of Deception another read but I had a thought that Langdarma would make an excellent “lost” civilization for the Radiant Citadel. What do you think? I have my own ideas on how it could fit, but I don’t want to pollute the creativity here.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11701 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2022 :  20:10:02  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to buy that add on..... which unfortunately I'm interested in perusing, because it actually reminded me of some of the work you were doing in regards the plane of radiance... but I just can't bring myself to spend the cash on since its just adventures.

So, that being said.... was there enough lore in the new module/book to make it more than just a bunch of adventures?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2022 :  20:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I'd have to buy that add on..... which unfortunately I'm interested in perusing, because it actually reminded me of some of the work you were doing in regards the plane of radiance... but I just can't bring myself to spend the cash on since its just adventures.

So, that being said.... was there enough lore in the new module/book to make it more than just a bunch of adventures?

To be honest, I don’t think so. The product is a “hub” that reaches into a whole bunch of new, completely underdeveloped settings. In terms of lore, each new sub setting has what would have fit in a paragraph or three in a 2e book. The encompassing hub has a cool concept, but would’ve been described in the Guide to the Ethereal Plane in a single entry. Absolutely IMO not worth the money but not bad to peruse at your local game store.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 15 Sep 2022 22:17:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000