Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 King Delzoun's fate
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2022 :  15:41:13  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, sages. Long time no see!

Came around to post a question. The description of the magical hammer Delzoun's Fist says:

This minor artifact, a magical "warhammer +5, dwarven thrower" was created by Delzoun, the legendary founder of the ancient dwarven Northkingdom that bore his name. He bore it until his sudden and horrible death (upon which he is rumored to have immediately risen as an undead thing).

Can anyone tell me if this story was further developed? Is the place of his death known?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2022 :  15:54:13  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dont know the answer, but i suspect the likes of Eric and George might be working on this along with the rest of the history of the North.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2022 :  16:18:29  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

Came around to post a question. The description of the magical hammer Delzoun's Fist says:

This minor artifact, a magical "warhammer +5, dwarven thrower" was created by Delzoun, the legendary founder of the ancient dwarven Northkingdom that bore his name. He bore it until his sudden and horrible death (upon which he is rumored to have immediately risen as an undead thing).

Can anyone tell me if this story was further developed? Is the place of his death known?

I have an unofficial write-up of it.

I'm not ready to post it yet, but send me a PM Barastir.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2022 :  05:39:07  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

Obviously he died because someone switched his good, hardy dwarven ale with pansy, hoity-toity elven wine, and he couldn't tell the difference until someone pointed it out.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2022 :  07:08:45  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones
Obviously he died because someone switched his good, hardy dwarven ale with pansy, hoity-toity elven wine, and he couldn't tell the difference until someone pointed it out.

Any dwarf who can't immediately tell the difference between tasty dwarven rotgut and revolting elven flower juice is a disgrace to his beard who deserves an ugly death, anyhow.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2022 :  02:13:35  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

No true dwarf would fail to recognise that fruity swill on sight and smell. The mere insinuation of failure to recognise taste is an insult to all dwarves everywhere.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000