Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The esoteric teachings of the Church of Bane 2.0
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redking
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2022 :  05:25:36  Show Profile Send redking a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
And it is very true that a great catastrophe occurred on this planet and in the other 75 planets which formed this [Galactic] Confederacy 75 million years ago. It has since that time been a desert, and it has been the lot of just a handful to try to push its technology up to a level where someone might adventure forward, penetrate the catastrophe, and undo it. We're well on our way to making this occur.
- Esoteric Scientology teaching learned at Operating Thetan L2

There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth’s protective layers.
- Neil Armstrong, esoteric astronaut

Wooly Rupert has superbly made the case that Xvim is Bane 2.0. This secret knowledge is not for the peons on prayer mats, but is esoteric, secret teachings only revealed to the higher ranks of the clergy. When Banite cleric in good standing reaches 10th level and has 13 ranks in Knowledge (religion) [3.5E concept], the truth that Bane is really the Godson Xvim is revealed. The secret is kept on pain of death.The Banite clergy justify this among themselves that "Bane" is a title accorded to the Divine Tyrant, not a name per se, and the name Iyachtu Xvim is no longer used because the name is too holy to pronounce.

Feel free to agree or flame away.

Edited by - redking on 18 May 2022 05:29:09

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2022 :  12:00:51  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it!!
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2022 :  15:24:32  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To continue along that same thought, perhaps the mortal that was elevated to Bane had the family name of Xvim and that would be why his son's name was Iyachtu Xvim. Also, perhaps that mortal's first name was too similar to one of the existing gods at the time so one of the reasons "Bane" was chosen was to eliminate any confusion that would have occurred.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2022 :  16:47:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The idea that the name is a title is an interesting one. I like it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1279 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2022 :  22:18:58  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly has inadvertently started his own cult.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2022 :  03:55:12  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Cue Theoden standing on the battlements of Helm's Deep under the rain: "So it begins"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2022 :  04:40:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

I've oft said I wanted to start my own religion so I could get out of paying taxes and have a really good sex scandal.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Storyteller Hero
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2022 :  05:15:55  Show Profile  Visit Storyteller Hero's Homepage Send Storyteller Hero a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maglubiyet knows the truth. He's been the exarch of both Bane and Bane.

Shhhhhhhh.

My Blog: https://www.facebook.com/Johnnys-Tabletop-RPG-Design-Blog-1697026710539149/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

My DMG Shop: http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Johnny%20Tek

Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2022 :  13:43:34  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get the feeling that being an "exarch" is one of those things Maglubiyet files under "things that uppity human god says to irritate me".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000