Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2022 :  00:15:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Scheduled to drop on June 21, 2022: Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel

quote:
An anthology of thirteen stand-alone adventures set in wondrous lands for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

Journeys through the Radiant Citadel is a collection of thirteen short, stand-alone D&D adventures featuring challenges for character levels 1–14. Each adventure has ties to the Radiant Citadel, a magical city with connections to lands rich with excitement and danger, and each can be run by itself or as part of an ongoing campaign. Explore this rich and varied collection of adventures in magical lands.

Through the mists of the Ethereal Plane shines the Radiant Citadel. Travelers from across the multiverse flock to this mysterious bastion to share their traditions, stories, and calls for heroes. A crossroads of wonders and adventures, the Radiant Citadel is the first step on the path to legend. Where will your journeys take you?

• Thirteen new stand-alone adventures spanning levels 1–14, each with its own set of maps
• Introduces the Radiant Citadel, a new location on the Ethereal Plane that connects adventurers to richly detailed and distinct corners of the D&D multiverse
• Each adventure can be set in any existing D&D campaign setting or on worlds of your own design
• Introduces eleven new D&D monsters
• There’s a story for every adventuring party, from whimsical and light to dark and foreboding and#8239;everything in#8239;between

For use with the fifth edition Player’s Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master’s Guide

ENWorld, of course, has info about the book, too; it's where I saw the news.

And according to Project Lead Ajit George, it's "the first book written entirely by people of color in Dungeons & Dragons’ 49-year history". He also says:

quote:
In June of 2020, I pitched the idea to Jeremy Crawford and Wes Schneider at the D&D Studio for a book written by Black and brown writers. The idea was to create new places and lands based on our cultures, histories, myths, and lived experiences. To my surprise and joy, they agreed and asked me to co-lead it with Wes Schneider!

Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel is an anthology of 13 compelling adventures that introduces 16 new locations, along with characters and monsters. The first location, the titular Radiant Citadel, was created and written by myself. You have never seen anything like it in D&D before.

There is so much we've accomplished with this unbelievable book:
  • I am the first-ever PoC Project Lead for a D&D book.

• This is the first D&D book conceived, created, and written entirely by PoCs: Sixteen writers in total.

• This is the first D&D book where the cover art and alt-cover art were both created by women of color: Evyn Fong and Sija Hong.

• The co-Art Director is a woman of color: Emi Tanji.

• The Marketing Lead is a woman of color: Sara Chan.

• Two of the rules developers are PoCs: Makenzie De Armas and Taymoor Rehman.

• One of the editors is a PoC: Jessica Ross.

• Three cultural consultants are women of color: Nivair H. Gabriel, Jaymee Goh, and Carmen Maria Marin.

• Almost two-thirds of the artists were PoCs and they created more than two-thirds of the art for the book.

• One of our narrative design consultants (and also my wife), is a woman of color: Whitney Strix Beltrán. She was with me from the very first day to the very last. I am eternally grateful for all she's done.

• Additionally, half of the writers are women and several writers come from the LGBTQIA+ community.

More than 50 Black and brown people came together to work on this book and support its creation. I am overwhelmed by the scope of our accomplishments.

The sixteen writers for the book are: Justice Ramin Arman, Dominique Dickey, Basheer Ghouse, Alastor Guzman, D. Fox Harrell, T.K. Johnson, Felice Tzehuei, Surena Marie, Monidipa Mondal, Mario Ortegón, Miyuki Jane Pinckard, Pam Punzalan, Erin Roberts, Terry Romero, Stephanie Yoon and myself.

Sounds kinda interesting, but since I'd rather see world-building, I can't claim to be excited. I know that adventures seem to work for WotC, though, and it's good to see some increased diversity among the designers of a WotC product. I hope that the increased diversity isn't just a one-off PR stunt, though -- WotC's track record there is less than stellar.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 27 Mar 2022 00:16:32
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000