Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Netheril and Chondath?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Naeryndam
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2022 :  05:34:56  Show Profile Send Naeryndam a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Rather than post 2 separate, but very similar questions, I decided to combine them into one.

- After the (literal) fall of Shade, death of most of the princes, end of the war against Myth Drannor, and independence of Sembia, does Netheril still exist as a true country?

- Does Chondath still exist at all post-Spellplague? Seems like it got hit pretty hard, yet most other countries are back now, so I was wondering if Chondath was as well.

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2022 :  17:09:40  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Netheril does not exist as a country in the 5E timeline. There is a post by Ed on the WotC cite that explains there are some remaining Netherese factions trying to reclaim their once again lost glory, but things have largely reverted back to the 2E era regarding the Netherese.

Chondath's (as well as most of the Vilhon to include Sespech and Hlondeth among others) status is completely unknown. It's not mentioned one way or the other in SCAG. It's possible it got moved to Abeir and back or it could still be leveled. We just don't know.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2022 :  01:33:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On Chondath, there was a sizable Eilistraee drow following, wild elf, and ghostwise halfling cultures all in the region. It might make a good story to know what happened to those cultures if they went to Abeir. For instance, did they ally against the inhabitants of Shyr? Did the ghostwise halflings develop their psionics even more in Abeir, and was this an otherwise unknown "magical" thing in Abeir? Also, how far UNDERNEATH Chondath did the effects of the spellplague extend and did societies beneath Chondath also possibly get ported to Abeir and back.

I know there was a underdark drow presence in some lake filled caverns known as Vaerndoun according to prayers of the faithful... so if the underchasm was really "transferred to Abeir", then those dark elves may have gone to Abeir as well. There's a lot of underdark stuff under there that was named and not developed other than Vaerndoun as well (for instance, the "Pit of Jhaam" shown on the 3e underdark map hasn't had anything written on it as far as I know.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 16 Mar 2022 01:50:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000