Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Lathanders creation
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2022 :  22:44:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

I prefer my dragon gods untouched, thank you. Leave your human gods to the scaleless ones. ;P

More seriously, though, Fizban's treats all dragon gods, with the exception of Bahamut and Tiamat (and perhaps Io), as ascended dragons (or greatwyrms). It also treats Bahamut and Tiamat as ontologically diferent to the other gods. So, dragons with divinity is just... something inherent in them.

As for the other things, I dunno. I like the idea that the Untheric and Mulhorandi gods are proper gods, and not "gods" created by the will of the people. They were summoned from other worlds, not created by the will of the inhabitants of the Realms.

I probably could have written it clearer, but I think you misunderstand my meaning just a little. So, I agree that the Mulhorandi Gods ARE traditional gods.... and they aren't as well. By that I mean, they had to "create" a manifestation... some kind of divine body... and "pour" some portion of themselves into it. So, the Mulhorandi/Untheric gods in Faerun are totally separate from the "Egyptian Pantheon/Babylonian Pantheon/Sumerian Pantheon" once they make it into the crystal sphere of realmspace.

So, the idea would be that they took dragons, possibly even ones that could shapechange into forms to their liking on their own... or possibly the divine entities used their own power for the shape changing. They would then take them over... possessing the dragons. It would be a "cheaper" way to get a "somewhat divine" body. Meanwhile, the dragons may have rebelled at being "taken over" like this.

Other options could obviously be they just spun a body up from magic... but that would generally be called an "avatar" and not a manifestation, they possessed a mortal worshipper who was fiercely loyal to them (ala the stargate concept), or they possessed the body of some other powerful creature that they then changed the shape of. Whatever makes for the best story is what works for me.

Now, on the time travel piece... I'm picturing them somehow doing something last ditch when they're killed near this orcgate, and maybe we find out that this orcgate has ties to the gates of the batrachi.... not a fully formed idea mind you on this... but something like the "body" dies, but the divine spark transfers into the past through the gate and "comes out" during the dawn war. Maybe they possess dragon forms in the past and that's the whole cause of the war. Not married to the idea.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 08 Apr 2022 22:47:29
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000