Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Best Resources for details on the Vast
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2022 :  15:20:05  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello again Scribes,

I am interested in researching the Vast. What game products have the best details on that region?

Thanks for the information.

Tarlyn Embersun

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2022 :  16:14:38  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always look at the references for the respective FRWiki article to get an idea of what the best sources are. There are a lot for the Vast, but 1998's The City of Raven's Bluff appears to be one of the most cited.
Go to Top of Page

bloodtide_the_red
Learned Scribe

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  01:35:05  Show Profile  Visit bloodtide_the_red's Homepage Send bloodtide_the_red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The City of Raven's Bluff is just about the only Vast sourcebook. You can find bits in each edition Campaign Setting. Pirates of the Sea of Fallen Stars and The Sea of Fallen Stars have bits as the Vast is "close" to the sea.
Go to Top of Page

BadCatMan
Senior Scribe

Australia
401 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  02:24:43  Show Profile Send BadCatMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Forgotten Realms Wiki, because I put just about everything on the Vast there. :) I and others have done some of Ravens Bluff, though it's not complete yet, and I never got to finish Tantras.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/The_Vast
For more, deeper lore, you need the five Ravens Bluff sourcebooks and the Polyhedron magazine articles that visited various parts of the Vast but weren't reprinted in The City of Ravens Bluff, which I haven't had a chance to work on.

BadCatMan, B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc.
Scientific technical editor
Head DM of the Realms of Adventure play-by-post community
Administrator of the Forgotten Realms Wiki

Edited by - BadCatMan on 02 Mar 2022 02:25:11
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2022 :  09:01:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most if not all of the Polyhedron lore was reprinted in "The City of Ravens Bluff" sourcebook. But for something extra you need to track down "LC2 Inside Ravens Bluff - The Living City" for Ed's "Ravens Bluff and Environs" piece.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Quickleaf
Seeker

99 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2022 :  18:54:04  Show Profile Send Quickleaf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks BadCatMan for all your work on the wiki. I'm prepping a campaign involving Cormyr, Sembia, Dalelands, Dragon Coast, the Vast / Vesperin, and Pirate Isles. I am sure I've spent many bleary hours pouring over things you've written up there. :)
Go to Top of Page

BadCatMan
Senior Scribe

Australia
401 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2022 :  04:37:19  Show Profile Send BadCatMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quickleaf

Thanks BadCatMan for all your work on the wiki. I'm prepping a campaign involving Cormyr, Sembia, Dalelands, Dragon Coast, the Vast / Vesperin, and Pirate Isles. I am sure I've spent many bleary hours pouring over things you've written up there. :)

And we've spent many bleary hours writing it! But I'm glad to hear it and hope it's all useful and makes for a great lore-filled campaign.

BadCatMan, B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc.
Scientific technical editor
Head DM of the Realms of Adventure play-by-post community
Administrator of the Forgotten Realms Wiki
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000