Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Red Wizard plans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Silver Sage
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2022 :  22:34:18  Show Profile Send The Silver Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I’m running a campaign based in Neverwinter about a Cabal of Wizards (not the Red wizards) conducting a ritual to rebirth an ancient entity and make it so all people cannot die. I’ve been seeding that there are an influx of Red Wizards coming into the city, but I have no idea what to do with them. Any ideas? What are the Red Wizards getting up to in Neverwinter?

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
890 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2022 :  23:56:07  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the timeframe of thos campaign?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2022 :  01:50:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Silver Sage

I’m running a campaign based in Neverwinter about a Cabal of Wizards (not the Red wizards) conducting a ritual to rebirth an ancient entity and make it so all people cannot die. I’ve been seeding that there are an influx of Red Wizards coming into the city, but I have no idea what to do with them. Any ideas? What are the Red Wizards getting up to in Neverwinter?

They want to take control of the ritual and limit that immortality to themselves.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2022 :  02:54:34  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They sense powerful emanations of magic and come to investigate. They don't know what the source of the magic is, but they'll do almost anything to find out (including hiring the PCs or harassing them for information).

Or, the Cabal has made a secret deal with the Red Wizards, who have agreed to lend their magical expertise to assist in the ritual in exchange for XYZ. Of course, being Red Wizards, they plan to betray the Cabal at some point and appropriate the ritual for themselves.

Or, if I understand you right (the ritual will result in no one ever dying again), then the Red Wizards realize that this is a bat-guano crazy idea that will destroy the whole world. They've come to stop the ritual, making them potential allies to the PCs (I assume they want to stop it too).
Go to Top of Page

The Silver Sage
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2022 :  12:45:15  Show Profile Send The Silver Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

What is the timeframe of thos campaign?

Months. But really however long it takes for the PCs to figure everything out. In order to complete the ritual, the cabal needs a powerful artifact which is currently in the possession of the PCs.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2022 :  14:19:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Silver Sage

Change your story slightly

They are conducting a ritual to free the spirit of a phoenix which was trapped in stasis and imbue it into X group of people. The red wizards want to claim the spirit of the fire bird for themselves.

To note, this may seem an odd thing to have since there is already a storyline that there is Maegera the primordial already beneath Mount Hotenow. It might be something where the dwarves of Delzoun were attacked by a phoenix sent by a god (make up the story) when they were tampering with the primordial. The dwarves put the phoenix in stasis rather than kill it and have it rebirth.

Ironically I was thinking about something like this with red wizards in Katashaka... weird.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 10 Feb 2022 14:20:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000