Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Favorite Ancillary Characters in FR Novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sunderstone
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2022 :  00:28:14  Show Profile Send Sunderstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The first one the comes to mine is from the first FR book I read, Darkwalker on the Moonshaes. It was Gavin the smith of Cantrev Myrrdale. He captured my attention right away at his introduction.

He was encountered unexpectedly and mistaken at first for a Firbolg, because of his giant size. He was instantly warm and generous to Prince Tristan and his companions but soon became a tragic character widowed and the father of two dead daughters at the hands of Laric and his Bloodriders.

He was so large he wielded a giant hammer of with a shaft six feet in length and head that could not have weighed less than 50 pounds, impossible to think such a weapon could be wielded, but he did so with feathery ease.

He quickly became a hero of the Ffolk at the battle of Freeman's Down and the died tragically at the battle of Caer Corwell. He alone was able to stand physically and block the charge of Laric and his immensely powerful undead Bloodriders taking several with him as he saved Robyn's life in a courageous last stand.

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2022 :  01:03:17  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember many of the ancillary characters from FR novels, but the one that immediately comes to mind is the Spriggan in RA Salvatore's Hero. For those who don't know, Spriggans are gnome/dwarf-like creatures who can transform themselves into giants. The way RA Salvatore depicts them, they are very strange and malevolent creatures. The scenes involving them were some of my favorite parts of the book.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2022 :  14:34:32  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Gareth Cormaeril from Thornhold.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Sunderstone
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2022 :  17:36:27  Show Profile Send Sunderstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another favorite, Vartain the Riddlemaster from Elfsong.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000