Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Elemental Tempest/ Tomb of Astronomer
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Qilintha
Seeker

76 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2022 :  20:01:34  Show Profile Send Qilintha a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In one of the very first 4E Dungeon Magazines numbers, there was quite an interesting tidbit of lore about this Elemental Tempest a particular planar realm where all elements crash together in an endless cycle of creation and destruction. An interesting idea made even more intriguing with the Tomb of the Astronomer, a genasi that was investigating such a phenomenon . In the article it has a lot of different parties involved, the Twisted Rune, some demons of the Abyss... There is a brief image of what this Tempest looks like :

though the landscape is broken up by rivers of lightning, seas of fire, floating earthbergs, ice mountains, and cyclonic columns of air, fire, and soil.

In the far distance, a fire-rimmed stain of darkness hangs in mid-air, as if a scar on the sky itself. According to notes found half-shredded at the observation stations under the dome, the scar is the physical manifestation of the Abyss within the Elemental Tempest.

I'd love some advices on how to explore further this phenomenon, how to explain the demonic interest towards it I am some small ideas churning but I know how incredibly creative some of you Scribes can be.

Thank you in advice for the ideas.

Have fun!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000