Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Companions of the Hall 5E?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gallazius
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2021 :  16:00:42  Show Profile Send Gallazius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everyone!

Long time lurker, i was curious if anyone knew of some conversations for older edition characters such as the companions of the hall to 5e. I know newer editions of dnd aren't looked upon favorably especially with changes in lore (I'm not a fan of the later either) but i am curious as in knowing. Specifically Wulfgar is of interest to me, more specifically what subclass fits him best? I'm of the mind 5e's barbarian feels empty but cant quite place why, but that's a different matter i suppose.

Thank you for any responses!

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2021 :  18:30:29  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chris Perkins (I believe) made a 5E character sheet for Drizzt a few years ago for one of the Acquisitions, Inc. live-shows: https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/dragon/19/DRA19_5_Drizzt.pdf
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2021 :  22:13:50  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
5e doesn’t build NPCs using PC rules.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2021 :  02:32:01  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zaknafien was statted out as a monster/NPC in Dragon+, but aside from the low level Drizzt character sheet (which is fine for what it is, but for an 8th level character has way too powerful magic items and is also out of whack with his dad's stats).
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2021 :  06:20:03  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As keftiu stated, NPCs are not made in the same vein as PCs for the most part. Looking at some of the higher ones we've seen, some can have class features and abilities that mimic class features, spells, etc and they have Hit Die that often indicates this as well. But the role or purpose is to either be helpful to the part OR combat. If it's the latter, then they usually need a L0AD more HP or minions and allies that help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000