Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 I've changed my E-Mail Address
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2021 :  01:15:02  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi I've changed my E-Mail Address it's now <REDACTED>

I can't change it on my profile or were to find it,

LW

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2021 :  01:57:43  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Log into your profile. The link to log in to it should be in the upper right side of page between the Home and Register links. Not the link to see any user profile, including your own on the left side of the page beside the post.

You should see this comment

quote:
Edit User Profile

All Fields marked with * are required
If you change your e-mail address, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your new address.
Please make sure it is a valid address.

The first field below that should be your old email.

Hope this helps you.

Edit: There are two profile links. The view one and the edit one. I concentrated before edit on the one to edit profile.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Edited by - Kentinal on 10 Feb 2021 02:26:13
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2021 :  17:59:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LWhitehead1

Hi I've changed my E-Mail Address it's now lwhitehead1912@gmail.com

I can't change it on my profile or were to find it,

LW

Well met

I notice that you have yet to update your profile. PM me if you're having issues. As Kentinal stated, you should be able to see the facility to update your profile and change your email address...the forum will then email you to confirm validity.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2021 :  20:57:20  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recommend redacting your email from public posts. It'll get crawled and cached by the search engines, it'll end up on every spammer's list. Most people won't notice and won't care but those who are interested in harvesting active targets will happily add it to their lists (or, more likely, their relentless software minions will tirelessly perform this task for them). Announcing your email to the world invites too much automated garbage (and introduces risk to other problems) that you won't want.

Private messages to webmaster Alaundo are the better choice, lol.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 11 Feb 2021 21:01:35
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2021 :  21:31:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I recommend redacting your email from public posts. It'll get crawled and cached by the search engines, it'll end up on every spammer's list. Most people won't notice and won't care but those who are interested in harvesting active targets will happily add it to their lists (or, more likely, their relentless software minions will tirelessly perform this task for them). Announcing your email to the world invites too much automated garbage (and introduces risk to other problems) that you won't want.

I would agree. If you want, I can scrub it from this discussion.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2021 :  21:33:21  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well the new email address is a gmail one, so could be deleted and another created. However clearly your point should be noted, if that email not already flooded the user is lucky.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2021 :  21:38:24  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I would agree. If you want, I can scrub it from this discussion.

Hi Wooly,

It might make sense to edit it and email user (Or at least PM) that the post was edited. I have not seen any more activity by LWhitehead1 so not sure if user read my post let along any other.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000