Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 World Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gylippus
Seeker

67 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2021 :  22:14:34  Show Profile Send gylippus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I wasn't certain which forum to put this in, so if it needs to be moved that is fine. I was thinking of writing some fan fiction set in the realms and I need a relatively small town near dense unexplored woods as the setting. The town has to be big enough to have a set of characters, but small enough where those characters probably at least know each other in passing, let's say around 1000 - 3000 people. I would also like to have a large mining operation somewhere close to this town. I prefer to not have elves in the forest. I looked at a map and I saw two possibilities:

Whitehorn near the Border Forest - However I am not sure how close Whitehorn is to the forest or what sort of landscape is around the town. Nor do I know anything about the northern Border Forest. Is there any source material about this town and area?

Rawlinswood - Yet again, I know nothing about this area. I don't even see a town near it on the map. I am not adverse to making a town up, but I wanted to see if there was any lore first.

Or any other area someone can suggest.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2021 :  22:58:09  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Small towns dot the Realms and are unmapped. https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Dunwood
offers some information about Rawlinswood.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000