Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Any idea what ever happened to snowblood anyway?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  01:41:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Rupert,

So, does Explorer Markustay usually come back with a whole other host of maps when he is gone as long, or just comes and goes as he does?

Best regards,

As I recall, it's more the latter. Like many of us, he has many interests, and focuses more on some than on others, and then his focus changes.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  01:51:14  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Markustay uploaded many maps to his deviantart page. And, according to members pages, he was active there more recently than he was active here. Probably a better chance of contacting him with private messages at the places he was most recently active online.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  02:58:07  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Ayrik,

Good idea, thanks.

I just went there, and WOW. I am always amazed at his work! I wish I had that man's skills in map making. Absolutely awesome!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  17:11:30  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Mark kind of went off the deep end. The world Really has become an Ugly place over the last decade or so and Mark definitely Perceived that, but his reaction to all of it was a little Extreme, Really. Still a nice guy though, but I'll leave it at that.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerűn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerűn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  19:55:20  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Mark kind of went off the deep end. The world Really has become an Ugly place over the last decade or so and Mark definitely Perceived that, but his reaction to all of it was a little Extreme, Really. Still a nice guy though, but I'll leave it at that.

I heard that, too, though I have really only interacted with him here. Last I remember, he posted something about staying away from the Realms for a time. I haven't seen him here in a long time, but that doesn't mean much, considering I myself come here only sporadically these days.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  20:31:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see the occasional comment from him on Facebook, on posts by some of our authors and designers. He and I are not Facebook friends, so I can't offer anything more than that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2020 :  21:12:38  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Yeah, I just looked up his Facebook profile, and it appears like a pretty normal situation, prepping for the holidays, etc.

He must just be taking a break as you said and working on other things. That man's maps though, as I said: wow. Truly amazing.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2020 :  18:34:23  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the record “Snowblood” is another Aussie by the name of Paul Simpson. It looks like he’s moved into “real” writing with a book published in November last year called “Star of Greece: For Profit and Glory”. Looks like he’s left the Realms for a while and may never return.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2020 :  19:54:16  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

quote:
For the record “Snowblood” is another Aussie by the name of Paul Simpson. It looks like he’s moved into “real” writing with a book published in November last year called “Star of Greece: For Profit and Glory”. Looks like he’s left the Realms for a while and may never return.

Congrats to him on his release of his book; however, I do hope he returns to the Realms sometime. Great contributions for sure!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2020 :  05:34:56  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, now that Eric and I have "done" Illefarn, Eaerlann, Siluvanede and Sharrven it is interesting to see what he came up with back in the day. Good stuff now that I read it for the first time.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2020 :  06:30:27  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

I remember when I showed some of my players and other friends the materials you, Eric, and Paul have written over the years to demonstrate just how broad and deep lore in the Realms is, and it was quite entertaining. hahaha They just had no idea!

For some reason, your post made me think of that.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000