Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Copper Elven Vampire/Archfey of Debauchery
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  10:52:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Delete Topic
Okay, I wouldn't normally do this -- but I want this public.

Copper Elven Vampire was banned for repeated homophobic rants. As everyone knows, he returned as Archfey of Debauchery, claiming to be a big admirer of CEV and praising CEV at every opportunity.

Last night, he posted a discussion about Ant-Man, and I removed it for not being about the Realms. I sent him a PM on it.

And this was his reply. I am making this public because he is threatening to attack this site online -- and that's after he's already claimed to be actively badmouthing us online.

quote:

Why are you so aggressive? I posted in a forum that allowed such things. Or do you not know your own job? Maybe you should read the forum qualifications before you treat me like a dick.

BTW... you are under scrutiny by The Webmaster himself. I have flagged you for your nasty ways towards me. Name a single post I made that you didn't say something negative? lol.

You can't can you? lol. That's my point. Reinstate me and I will apologize for being a human with flaws, but deny me and I'll bring social-media hell to this platforms door, for denying a gay man with gay ideas. I can make national news as the only RPG forum that treats gay men like crap, thanks to you.

Ever see my blogs? I have thousands. I made peace with the Webmaster. I begged him to reinstate my account. If you choose to be a dick against gay men then I have no choice but to expose you. Your choice.

Just walk away, CEV. And know that your prior posts, with the homophobic content, have been preserved. Multiple people saw them and they were copied before deletion. I've got proof that you were banned for violating the rules.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  11:40:20  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
Good Grief. People need to let it go. If you found it necessary to ban him, then you were more than likely justified in it...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  12:27:56  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
I love how the entitled consider this your "job". Wooly, you do good things, and I know you're doing it out of love of the game/setting. People here generally have very thick skin, and its one of the reasons why I like this place. Not sure what he said, but I probably don't need to know either.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  14:31:21  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
Be at ease, Wooly. We all know you do a great job here (no pun)!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  14:49:48  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message
Wooly, despite our differences on things Realms related, I'm continually impressed with the way you handle situations here at the 'Keep. You've done an admirable job so long as I've been here, some 12 years and going. It's a shame someone felt the need to go this far and I hope they get the serious help they appear they need.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  14:50:30  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message
Candlekeep went down for 30 minutes. Sounds like he tried his best to cause havoc.

Not everybody has to like everybody else, you just get on with things rather than having a paddy about it.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  15:01:41  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message
Makes me wonder if he wasn't someone that I banned from another forum last year. Same tactics of going around the ban and all that.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  15:20:23  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message
Thank you, Wooly. I didn't know about any of this but I was suspecting that Archfey was CEV and was confused about why he didn't just post as CEV. Since I visit this site often, it only shows just how effective you are as a moderator in protecting the people on this forum from disruptive factors.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  15:36:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Folks, I'd like to thank everyone for the support. I know I'm not perfect and I do make mistakes, but I try to be as fair as possible, here.

The intent in posting this, though, was because of ArchCEV's threat to badmouth us on other sites. He's already said previously that he was doing that, and if it's true, I can't stop it. I'm not even going to try.

However, if he does go trashing us elsewhere, and someone comes here to look for themselves -- I want his attempt to blackmail us to be the first thing they see in regards to his name.

I'd've been perfectly happen to just forget about everything, after he was gone, but he had to come back, pretend to be someone else, and then make false claims as part of a ham-handed blackmail attempt. So I'm putting it out here -- and ONLY here -- so that anyone unfamiliar with us that cares to look can know just how much value to give his claims.

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2020 :  22:24:09  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
CEV got banned for being a homophobic bigot, then comes back pretending to be a gay man, and accuses you of targeting him for being gay? (I also saw a post where he said CEV was removed for being gay, even though several people had made it clear he'd been banned for talking *against* gays).

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2020 :  05:32:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Yes, his behavior was starting to raise eyebrows on my part, for what it’s worth. His posts on the Gen-Con “Fire the Canons” seminar thread were of concern because they seemed out of touch with reality. Anyway, thanks for doing this job, Wooly. We probably don’t thank you enough.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2020 :  05:57:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Yes, his behavior was starting to raise eyebrows on my part, for what it’s worth. His posts on the Gen-Con “Fire the Canons” seminar thread were of concern because they seemed out of touch with reality. Anyway, thanks for doing this job, Wooly. We probably don’t thank you enough.

— George Krashos

You and Ed and Eric Boyd and Brian Cortijo and all the other authors/designers deserve far more thanks than I do.

Big Al (who also deserves more thanks than I, but don't tell him I said that! ) gave us a place to talk, but it's you creative types and your work that brought us here and gave us something to talk about.

I'm just here to talk about and read about the Realms that you folks bring to us. I take keeping the peace here seriously, but I'm happiest when I can just hang out and not have to reach for the mod hat.

Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2020 :  17:26:31  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message
Those of us who have been here for a few years know he's unstable at best and it's gotten much worse (and CEV too) Just kidding Wooly!

Seriously CEV is a nutjob and ban them both. We don't need the forum drama here. Wooly does a great job at delicately telling people to stop and stopping it when necessary
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2020 :  18:00:53  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message
Out of interest, did the announced social media hellstorm materialise?
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2020 :  19:58:05  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

Out of interest, did the announced social media hellstorm materialise?

Well I do not see any report of it on BBC so if started not big enough yet.

So far Candlekeep does not appear to have influx of supporters or attackers. As for other places I am not a member of many. ENWorld and pathway groups might see something, however they are moderated so not much may be seen there. I would guess facebook or twitter might be used. I did have a twitter account some years ago however resigned from them. Never did facebook because of their policies.

These movements, if one gets off the ground, can take a few days or even a week to catch on fire.
I would not worry much though.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2020 :  23:33:01  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message
It's pretty common for people who have a bad experience at one social media platform (or were banned), be it Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, a Discord channel, or forums like this, to warn others against going there. Some are more vocal about it than others.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2020 :  03:55:11  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message
As a member of a few other common RPG forums, I haven't seen anything bad mouthing candlekeep. Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't see his name or a moniker close to it at theRPGsite since they do appear to be more tolerant of the sort of things he was spouting here. The threads there are mostly about sjw hate, liberal/progressive ideology hate, basically anything inclusive or giving a nod to not-cis/white material.
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2020 :  20:42:30  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message
Not happy to see it got this far.

Thanks Wooly
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  04:10:54  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message
Master Rupert,

Wow, I had no idea. I had noticed some off color comments/replies of his from the past on other threads, and just avoided those threads for that reason. Glad to hear that kind of intolerant outlook is gone from here by him. No room for that for sure!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  08:54:52  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message
I have not read or heard any anti-Candlekeep broadsides launched by the person known as Copper Elven Vampire/Archfey of Debauchery in the last month. The ban admittedly came as a surprise to me when I returned to Candlekeep, as I was tending to real world business at the time and did not even know CEV came back as Archfey until I read this Sticky by Wooly. This turn of events is unfortunate, but I trust Wooly acted in the best interests of Candlekeep. I do not even want to know what CEV posted at this point.

I was going to thank CEV by PM for his recommendation of the Complete Scoundrel sourcebook which I bought and now enjoy. Too late now. Let this be a lesson to me about my hesitation.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  15:08:12  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
Complete Scoundrel is a great book. I think CEV was more huffing and puffing to bluff his way out of the ban. Wooly rolled a Nat 20 on the sense motive check...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  18:46:03  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message
Learned Scribe Delnyn,

Fair point. I did find him in a search at other sites as, "Copper Elf Cleric." I didn't see any broadsides myself. Hopefully it was blowing hot air in a moment of anger and that is all.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  21:54:32  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message
Master cpthero2,

Unless I am dead wrong (scribes correct me publicly if so), I regret to inform you CEV was already once warned about inflammatory comments and received a second chance. He blew his second chance and got banned.

He tried to circumvent the ban by posing as Archfey of Debauchery. FYI, CEV's profile lists his name as Michael Debauchery. I read the posts where he inquired about PM'ing CEV and requested Realmslore for what we in Candlekeep know are CEV's home-brew creations. That came across as a series of red flags.

If I break my neutrality, Wooly may have rolled a natural 20 on his Sense Motive/Insight checks, but the DC to beat was 10 at most.

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Learned Scribe Delnyn,

Fair point. I did find him in a search at other sites as, "Copper Elf Cleric." I didn't see any broadsides myself. Hopefully it was blowing hot air in a moment of anger and that is all.

Best regards,

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  22:57:56  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message
Learned Scribe Delnyn,

Fair enough. I appreciate you mentioning that. It is important to keep things polite, academic, and reasonable here. We're scholars, not barbarians after all.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  01:00:52  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message
The man said he thought gay rights were a joke. I hope nobody is mourning his absence too much.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  01:24:00  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message
Senior Scribe keftiu,

Yeah, that is pretty damn intolerant of him.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  02:05:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

The man said he thought gay rights were a joke. I hope nobody is mourning his absence too much.

And that was one of his *least* homophobic statements. He also used several homophobic slurs when insulting people that he disagreed with, using a series of insults that reminded me of being in a junior high school locker room -- his insults displayed a similar "creative" range and content.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 Sep 2020 02:06:00
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  02:29:28  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message
Master Rupert,

I know, as you said when you started this thread, that you don't do this often; however, I would like to have his posts made public here for the record. Not because your integrity is called into doubt, but rather, for people to see the intolerance. Would you mind posting some of those? Best in the light.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  02:34:51  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message
quote:

Master Rupert,

I know, as you said when you started this thread, that you don't do this often; however, I would like to have his posts made public here for the record. Not because your integrity is called into doubt, but rather, for people to see the intolerance. Would you mind posting some of those? Best in the light.

Best regards,

As one of the queer people he was screaming at, I’d strongly prefer we didn’t do that.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  02:37:23  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message
Senior Scribe keftiu,

I can certainly appreciate that, and I am certain Master Rupert will make his decision with great and considerable jurisprudence. However, I am going to stick to my request.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  02:38:23  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

quote:

Master Rupert,

Best regards,

As one of the queer people he was screaming at, I’d strongly prefer we didn’t do that.

I have to agree. I know it would make me uncomfortable as well to see his attacks on other members.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000