Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Novel Lore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2021 :  21:43:34  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not much lore in the last two novelettes.

Grandfathers Toys was a missing person novel, showing off Galvin (from Red Magic) and his druid abilities as he tries to find a missing girl.
Not an excellent book, not filled with lore either, but going fairly well until it mentions a sea elf city of Mercia just off the Dragon Reach that make mechanical machines to harvest kelp etc. Why would a sea elf create a mechanical sea crab to harvest kelp when such a creature would operate poorly underwater (they'd be better off doing it themselves), and they build these sea crabs with controls inside and make them air tight (which would be mostly useless to aquatic elves).

The Curse of Tegea is very divine focused. A duke cast a spell in the time of troubles and was transformed into a hideous beast, he then cursed Tegea and cut it off from the gods.
However, Adon's spells work after a fashion so its not clear how the curse works. Spells work but talking to deities dont (and i hate talking to deities, especially when Adon claims Mystra told him that Midnight is just an avatar and is nothing more than a memory now).
I think i might make the curse just a wild magic area rather than a divine barrier, works better (even though Adon claims Mystra's clerics can cast spells in wild magic areas).
Lord GOrgias being trapped in a mirror fragment seems like a decent opportunity to introduce a nasty item with a fell sentience and a recurring villain if he ever escapes his imprisonment.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2021 :  21:47:33  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

It took Azoun 15 years to get cheesed enough to go do something about it? Maybe they didn't start taxing trade until the early 370s?

Also, is the Tun river navigable by ship for some distance inland from the Lake of Dragons? Maybe they were getting goods up that way until there was an earthquake or something that shut down that route and they HAD to build the road.

Welll, its a long way from the Western Heartlands to Cormyr, especially when that land was forested wilderness at the time.

I suspect he started hearing complaints from merchants within 2 years, then lots of complaints after. Conjuring an army and battle plan is not an easy or immediate thing so he spends the next few years finding out what this Valashar nation is, sends a few ambassadors to try and establish trade agreements. When they fail he begins making plans for war and moving troops into the region and establishing supply stations along the river Chionthar to get thousands of soldiers in place.
Then after 15 years he's ready for war and away we go. Yes its a long time, but a prudent ruler wouldnt go to war with an unknown nation on foreign soil a thousand miles from Cormyr without some serious planning.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2021 :  15:44:16  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dark Mirror (1357 DR)
R A Salvatore
Tharman, farmer near the River Surbrin south of Mithril Hall, 30+ years old
Rico Pengallen, smithy and warrior, of the village of Pengallen 15 miles south east of the River Surbrin. Prideful
Pengallen village, a cluster of a dozen one story farm houses surrounded by a wall. Pengallen has an inn run by the barkeep Aganis, a two story building against the village wall, also serves as trading post and other functions
Drizzt’s scimitar icingdeath glows a bluish white light only when the air is cold
Twinkle glows blue whenever danger is near
Nojheim, goblin, intelligent, enslaved to Rico, captured by orcs that raided Pengallen. Ultimately killed by Rico
Aganis, barrel shaped, thick bearded, oft smiling
Jak Timberline, older man, thinning grey hair, wizened face. Lives in Pengallen.
Pengallen is not an independent community, it comes under the protection and influence of nearby larger cities like Silverymoon and Mithril Hall
Silverymoon, the Moorgate on the western side of the city.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2021 :  15:52:02  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A short novelette by RAS appears to be a fight scene followed by some Twilight Movie level of brooding and soul searching.

Almost no lore to speak of.

Drizzt finds a good goblin, the goblin is a slave to humans, the goblin dies, drizzt has something else to add to his internal monologue.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2021 :  16:18:30  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

A short novelette by RAS appears to be a fight scene followed by some Twilight Movie level of brooding and soul searching.

I was rereading something yesterday and I noticed that the good guy was getting all criticals. In a three on one battle, one enemy killed another with a critical miss that turned into a critical hit on another of the enemies. The good guy then killed each of the remaining enemies with a single thrust to the chest. I believe the levels were good guy level 7, bad guys were probably a level 5 leader and two level 3 soldiers. Nice thing is that the fight only took about a page and a half including dialog.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2021 :  16:23:51  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything I've read in the drizzt and cadderley novels implies that every hit by the heroes is a maximum critical.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2021 :  16:51:40  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crypt of the Shadowking next, i've been looking forward to examining this one again with a far more critical eye

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2021 :  22:03:03  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crypt of the Shadowking is full of lore that i missed the first time round. Having just recently read the Kings Tear i believe that the Book of Shadows and the Book of Midnight might indeed be the same thing. The original copy was destroyed during a battle between mages, could Everard Farseer have been one of those.

Also the huge statues (30 ft tall) of a king and queen that Ravendas brought from the SUnset Mountains to FOuntain Square, i at first thought they were animated by Cyric's magic but i know think these statues were once guardians of Ebenfar (guarding the eastern border of his realm), and controlled by the dark steel amulet. The reason is snake had a dream about the shadowking sat upon a dark steel throne, too much coincidence.

I'm 60 pages in and have 6 pages of notes already.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  00:25:06  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am interested in seeing what you pick out. I have found lots of contradictory stuff in there.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  00:39:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not much lore in the last two novelettes.

Grandfathers Toys was a missing person novel, showing off Galvin (from Red Magic) and his druid abilities as he tries to find a missing girl.
Not an excellent book, not filled with lore either, but going fairly well until it mentions a sea elf city of Mercia just off the Dragon Reach that make mechanical machines to harvest kelp etc. Why would a sea elf create a mechanical sea crab to harvest kelp when such a creature would operate poorly underwater (they'd be better off doing it themselves), and they build these sea crabs with controls inside and make them air tight (which would be mostly useless to aquatic elves).

The Curse of Tegea is very divine focused. A duke cast a spell in the time of troubles and was transformed into a hideous beast, he then cursed Tegea and cut it off from the gods.
However, Adon's spells work after a fashion so its not clear how the curse works. Spells work but talking to deities dont (and i hate talking to deities, especially when Adon claims Mystra told him that Midnight is just an avatar and is nothing more than a memory now).
I think i might make the curse just a wild magic area rather than a divine barrier, works better (even though Adon claims Mystra's clerics can cast spells in wild magic areas).
Lord GOrgias being trapped in a mirror fragment seems like a decent opportunity to introduce a nasty item with a fell sentience and a recurring villain if he ever escapes his imprisonment.

It's a massive magical undertaking to bar any sort of magic from operating in an area. I think you have it right in that there are leftovers from the ToT floating through Tegea in the form of random wild/dead magic zones. It's got nothing to do with the Duke, but he thinks his "curse" caused it.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  00:57:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, it's a long way from the Western Heartlands to Cormyr, especially when that land was forested wilderness at the time.

It's not. It's just still in a recovery phase following the fall of Ebenfar. There are just no big realms controlling the area; it's small farms, agricultural collectives (villages), outlaw holds, petty lordlings (most of whom are little better than bandits themselves) and a few settlements that have pretensions about being "cities". But river and caravan trade continues and with Ebenfar gone, the "floodgates" open and trade increases significantly over the decades. It's that trade that both Ashar and Azoun want to control/protect and brings them into conflict.

And in trying to follow your thread, I can't work out what the "15 years" reference is to. Care to illuminate me?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  01:19:48  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Valashar was founded in 361 DR. Azoun and his army fought them in 376 DR. It was in response to me saying it took 15 years before Azoun got angry enough to do something about Valashar taxing merchants.

Edit: Oh, and if the history of the Darkhold as delineated in the Secrets of the Darkhold DMs Guild product is accurate (Ed was listed as being involved in that product so it is possible it could be canon), there was a Giant Emperor in the Darkhold up until around 400 DR. That could be a significant power in the area.

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 05 Mar 2021 01:43:40
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  03:22:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Valashar was founded in 361 DR. Azoun and his army fought them in 376 DR. It was in response to me saying it took 15 years before Azoun got angry enough to do something about Valashar taxing merchants.

Edit: Oh, and if the history of the Darkhold as delineated in the Secrets of the Darkhold DMs Guild product is accurate (Ed was listed as being involved in that product so it is possible it could be canon), there was a Giant Emperor in the Darkhold up until around 400 DR. That could be a significant power in the area.

Valashar was founded in 321 DR.

And Ed provided the Pereghost backstory and advice re the geography of the region to the developers of that product, not the history part.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 05 Mar 2021 03:25:04
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  09:35:27  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah i was just going by Iriaeban's dates, not bothered to look anything up yet regarding the area.

Quite a lot more to extrapolate about Ebenfar in this novel than i noticed during my first read.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  15:20:13  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

And Ed provided the Pereghost backstory and advice re the geography of the region to the developers of that product, not the history part.

-- George Krashos

So, the notes in the FR Wiki, which specifically mentions you, is incorrect? https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Valashar_(kingdom)

And THANK YOU for that clarification.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2021 :  20:02:55  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So got about midway through the crypt of the Shadowking as they are searching for the tomb of Tarek Talembar.

I thought the name Talembar sounded familiar and recalled the kingdom of Elembar around the Delimbyr Vale.

Looking at the history of Elembar (as noted in Under Illefarn Anew), the people around the Cloud Peaks were forced out by the forces of Shoon II. A number of them settled in the Fields of the Dead and the Greenfields. Tavaray experienced this influx of migrants around 82 DR and they included a number of Eldathyn druids including one named Elembar

Now the Fields of the Dead and the Greenfields are of course the lands that Ebenfar would later come to dominate.

So Talembar and Elembar could be the names of related clans of the people that lived in the Western Heartlands. It looks like the Calishar Emirates existed at least around 0 DR and forced the people northwards with some settling in the Western Heartlands and others continuing north to Delimbiyr.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2021 :  00:29:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

-- George Krashos

So, the notes in the FR Wiki, which specifically mentions you, is incorrect? https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Valashar_(kingdom)

And THANK YOU for that clarification.

Well, as a fan I can do what I want - and have - but as a scholar of the Realms, I don't like to invalidate the dates in GHotR unless I have to absolutely do so. But in checking my "home timeline", I can see I did absolutely that - I have gone with the 361 DR founding date.

And delving back further, I can see that the last draft GHotR timeline that we handed in went with the 361 DR date. Someone after that went back and looked at Lands of Intrigue obviously (and Demihuman Deities as well, p.164) and added in the 321 DR date again. On top of that they added in in an anomalous 356 DR date as well which is ... plain wrong and clearly given the "35 years" reference, someone struggling to tie it all in. No idea who that might have been at TSR although Kim Mohan (who did a great job) was our editor.

So in a nutshell, yes, you are right. 361 and 376 are THE dates and the 321 and 356 in GHotR should be consigned to the historical dust bin.

And in relation to the 15 years bit, the 361 DR reference makes it clear that it's sorting out its neighbours first before expanding north - hence the Meiritin reference. It should also be noted that when Valashar was founded Shoon VII was still in power - a far more subtle and calculating individual than his successor Shaani in 367 DR who was very expansionistic and clearly gave Ashar the "green light" in 376 DR; and then was too weak to do much about Crown Prince Azoun's marauding foray into Shoon lands, Alexander the Great style.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 06 Mar 2021 00:30:34
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2021 :  02:49:50  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, as a fan I can do what I want - and have - but as a scholar of the Realms, I don't like to invalidate the dates in GHotR unless I have to absolutely do so. But in checking my "home timeline", I can see I did absolutely that - I have gone with the 361 DR founding date.

And delving back further, I can see that the last draft GHotR timeline that we handed in went with the 361 DR date. Someone after that went back and looked at Lands of Intrigue obviously (and Demihuman Deities as well, p.164) and added in the 321 DR date again. On top of that they added in in an anomalous 356 DR date as well which is ... plain wrong and clearly given the "35 years" reference, someone struggling to tie it all in. No idea who that might have been at TSR although Kim Mohan (who did a great job) was our editor.

So in a nutshell, yes, you are right. 361 and 376 are THE dates and the 321 and 356 in GHotR should be consigned to the historical dust bin.

And in relation to the 15 years bit, the 361 DR reference makes it clear that it's sorting out its neighbours first before expanding north - hence the Meiritin reference. It should also be noted that when Valashar was founded Shoon VII was still in power - a far more subtle and calculating individual than his successor Shaani in 367 DR who was very expansionistic and clearly gave Ashar the "green light" in 376 DR; and then was too weak to do much about Crown Prince Azoun's marauding foray into Shoon lands, Alexander the Great style.

-- George Krashos

I hit the same thing when I was assembling my timeline. That caused a lot of confusion until I found the Wiki note. Thank you again for your clarification.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2021 :  12:11:32  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad that's clarified as that confused the hell out of me for a while.

The more I read about the shadevar in cryot of the shadowking the more I think they are not the same as the shadevar of myth and legend

The creature in the book is human sized, humanoid, stronger and faster and regenerates all wounds but is in now way comparable to a creature born before the world itself that required azuth to personally trap them in the shadows tar and fire them into the cosmos.

The legends itself around the shadevar dont make sense either which makes me think they could be explained by corruption over time and with other legends.

So the legend of the shadevar is that there were 13 of them. Born before shar and selune etc etc. They were around millennia ago and enslaved by bhaal but even he could not control them forever. In the end azuth himself trapped them in the shadows tar and fired them into the cosmos.

Now this doesnt work. Bhaal didn't exist millennia ago, he was still in netheril right up until its fall and probably went south to calimshan before heading back up to this region, and this is all after he achieved demigod status.

Azuth also didn't exist until after the fall of netheril, so neither of them could be around millennia ago. Which means if the legend is taken literally then azuth got rid of them around -339 DR by hurling them into the cosmos, but 300 years later they were back and crashing into the high moor as that's where the shadowstar fell to transform verraketh.

There is no way the shadevar in the book is powerful enough to challenge bhaal or azuth.

So here's my thought. The shadevar are detailed in the malebdar, it's an encyclopedia, but it was written by many authors over many centuries and I doubt verraketh allowed it to be written while he was alive (containing secrets about his best stuff) which means it was written after the events, probably by everard farseer, hence his love of the book.

The authors confused the pets of verraketh with the shadevar of legend which they probably heard of from netherese migrants. It cant be a coincidence that shadovar and shadevar are similar words and that there are 13 shadevar and 13 sons of telemont tanthul.

So these shadevar were just monsters created by verraketh, possibly out of his own children and time corrupted the tales

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2021 :  16:08:54  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
So here's my thought. The shadevar are detailed in the malebdar, it's an encyclopedia, but it was written by many authors over many centuries and I doubt verraketh allowed it to be written while he was alive (containing secrets about his best stuff) which means it was written after the events, probably by everard farseer, hence his love of the book.

The authors confused the pets of verraketh with the shadevar of legend which they probably heard of from netherese migrants. It cant be a coincidence that shadovar and shadevar are similar words and that there are 13 shadevar and 13 sons of telemont tanthul.

So these shadevar were just monsters created by verraketh, possibly out of his own children and time corrupted the tales

That works if you exclude Everard Farseer. He supposedly died long before Cormyrian expats founded the cities of the Chionthar. If the Shadowking conquered those very same cities, the two couldn't have been contemporaries.

Edit: Removed the misremembered Abbey reference in the original posting.

Edited by - TheIriaeban on 06 Mar 2021 18:04:04
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  05:31:41  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Am I the only person who instantly thought Sailor Moon when it came to the shadevari?

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  13:56:03  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What do people think to the shadowking being related to tarek talembar.

Both are from the same region, both possess an incredibly rare mastery of shadow magic and the shadowking trusted him enough to help him make the night stone (admittedly he thought he was a troll but that doesnt make sense as trolls are rubbish at crafting magic artefacts and when I think about it the shadevar as described in the novel are very troll like with their jutting tusks, sharp talons etc).

I'm thinking tarek like the other shadevar were all formerly verraketh children or descendants or relatives (nieces and nephews) that he transformed to make a host of super servants that were enslaved to his will. But tarek either failed to transform and pretended to still be one, or he kept his freewill and regained his humanity after completing the night stone.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  15:14:22  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By way of supporting evidence, Ed recently gave statistics of the prevalence of people with some form of the Gift.

1 in 9000. Of those about 1 in 40000 thousand can do cantrips, 1 in 70000 can do 1st or 2nd level spells.

Now a millenia ago the population of the northern western heartlands (not the calishar emirates) would have been small, it's a wild, uncivilized land filled with tribes of talfir and tethyrian.

I wouldn't be surprised if 9000 was about the total population of talfir here.

Verraketh may have already had this shadow magic gift before touching the shadowstar (perhaps that's is what drew him to it ir why it drew him).

Alternatively the shadowstar could have imbued him with this gift.

The chances of another person having a gift that allowed them to use shadow magic/song is not 1 in 9000 (that is just the chance of them having a gift, there are hundreds of types of magic gifts) it's more like 1 in a million.

So the maths are in favour of verraketh and tarek talembar being related.

Verraketh hunting down all his relatives and transforming them into shadevari would explain why only 3 shadow magic / song users survived to the present day (assuming magic gift is like a recessive gene and not all children inherit it).

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  15:51:52  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe you mean Talek Telembar (I couldn't find the name Tarek in a search of Crypt of the Shadowking). If you are referring to Talek, you will find out more about him as you read both Crypt of the Shadowking and Curse of the Shadowmage. I don't want to spoil it for you.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  15:57:39  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoil away, I'm reading it for the lore, not the experience. I dont recall much more being revealed in the crypt novels so perhaps it's in the next one but I'm a good few novels away from that

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  16:18:52  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Spoil away, I'm reading it for the lore, not the experience. I dont recall much more being revealed in the crypt novels so perhaps it's in the next one but I'm a good few novels away from that

I would recommend readding both novels and all the short stories together. You get a comprehensive view of the lore from the region and there are lots of ties between them you might not remember if you space them apart.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  16:41:18  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, you've convinced me, but I'm not reading the drizzt or cadderley novels one after the other.

I'm looking forward to the cormyr and elminster series

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  17:11:27  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

I would recommend readding both novels and all the short stories together. You get a comprehensive view of the lore from the region and there are lots of ties between them you might not remember if you space them apart.

Ok, now you got me worried on what I could be missing. The FR Wiki entries for Iriaebor, Sunset Vale, and Sunset Mountains doesn't mention any of the short stories. Do you have easy access to a list of them that you could provide?

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2021 :  17:27:30  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One in realms of valour featuring tyveris

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2021 :  01:08:35  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

One in realms of valour featuring tyveris

Yep, I think I found them:

Realms of Valor: Tyveris
Realms of Infamy: Ravendas
Reamls of Magic: Morhion

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000