Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Guides to Prior Eras
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2020 :  22:58:51  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Between my own fondness for the 4e era of the setting, this forum's own preference often for the world well before that, and the success of the 2e-set Heroes of Baldur's Gate module on the Guild, it's had me wondering: do you think there would be interest in writing DM's Guild releases giving information and player options for the distinct timelines in play prior to the post-Second Sundering world?

I'm thinking of Star Wars Saga Edition, which had a number of meaty guidebooks across the timeline - the original trilogy, the Clone Wars, the time in-between, the (old version of) the time after the films, the Old Republic - and how much I enjoyed them. The idea gives an unofficial patch for those who buck the modern timeline, and even those content to play in it would likely be curious about new mechanics and a digestible, collected guide to the sometimes-unapproachable history of the Realms.

(For my own right, I'm considering a Late Age of Upheaval/Post-Spellplague guide, with tailored Backgrounds, a Spellscarred Origin for Sorcerers, and a few other things, and possibly also a grittier release for The Wailing Years specifically, with wild magic.)

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  04:59:45  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think this would work well. Fleshing out areas that were given little to no coverage in earlier material could be really good.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  05:44:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there would be some interest in this. Not sure if DM's Guild rules are specific about eras, or not, but if it's an option, go for it.

I would say, though, that from my own infrequent perusals of the DM's Guild, Backgrounds seem to be a thing that everyone and their familiar wants to cover. Standing out from all of that could be a challenge.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000