Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Crown of Earlann?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  04:45:49  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I’ve seen a lot of hype for this, but only the vaguest descriptions. What exactly is it?

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.

Edited by - keftiu on 15 Jan 2020 06:07:21

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  05:11:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

I’ve seen a lot of hype for this, but only the vaguest descriptions. What exactly is it?

It's an ongoing project from Eric L Boyd, a respected Realmslore veteran who most recently gave us Under Illefarn Anew.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 15 Jan 2020 05:12:05
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  06:10:25  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

It's an ongoing project from Eric L Boyd, a respected Realmslore veteran who most recently gave us Under Illefarn Anew.

Is it another campaign?

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  11:35:54  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's planned to be an unofficial sourcebook for the High Forest and three large adventures. (It will be as consistent as George and I can make it with existing Realmslore. We'll put out one version that has all the references marked.)

The sourcebook is done, working on the adventures.

It's currently 500+ pages.

Trying to have it done by GenCon, but no promises.

--Eric

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is it another campaign?

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 15 Jan 2020 11:37:28
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  18:39:57  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering, Eric, do you go into the star mounts & aarakocra civilization? What about the unicorn run?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  18:49:33  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Just wondering, Eric, do you go into the star mounts & aarakocra civilization? What about the unicorn run?

Yes on Star Mounts.

A tiny bit on aaakocra.

Lots on Unicorn Run.

THere is something about the aearee if that's what you are really asking.

--
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  19:42:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooo, the long awaited High Forest supplement! I'm excited!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  19:47:40  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Yes on Star Mounts.

A tiny bit on aaakocra.

Lots on Unicorn Run.

THere is something about the aearee if that's what you are really asking.

yay. Not sure what you are doing, but I'm intrigued to hear news on the Aearee and the unicorn run. I've always wondered if the "star mounts" and the unicorn run with its magical properties had some foundation in something crashing to earth there with some kind of powerful magical properties. Especially given Lurue's supposed links to Mystra and Selune.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  20:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't there supposed to be an alien spaceship with dinosaurs that crashed somewhere around there in the Star Mounts? One of those sci-fi touches TSR wanted Ed to downplay?
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2020 :  21:38:52  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a spaceship in Greyhawk...I don’t remember one being in Faerun.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 16 Jan 2020 01:01:16
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2020 :  11:51:12  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Isn't there supposed to be an alien spaceship with dinosaurs that crashed somewhere around there in the Star Mounts? One of those sci-fi touches TSR wanted Ed to downplay?

I think you are thinking of S3 - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks from Greyhawk?

There are crystalline towers scattered through the Star Mounts, which one could turn into bits of an alien spaceship, but that's about it.

--
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2020 :  17:43:46  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The only Spaceship I could imagine, would be a Spelljammer ship full of elves from some other plane or world that has Spelljammer technology. As far as Dinosaurs.... I'm clueless.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2020 :  19:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I think you are thinking of S3 - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks from Greyhawk?

There are crystalline towers scattered through the Star Mounts, which one could turn into bits of an alien spaceship, but that's about it.

Hmm, yeah, I might be reading too much into that or remembering old speculation or something. Thanks for sorting me out, Eric.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2020 :  22:26:50  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I for one, am wicked excited about the whole thing, from close-up maps of certain regions of the High Forest, to the abundance of Fey, to lore on legendary locations.

Like, what's going on with that mighty Illusionist in the northern High Forest... The Mistmaster or something. He helped with the destruction of Hellgate Keep. He helped the Harpers, the Moonstars, the Elves and himself all at the same time. He resided in a tall tower of illusion and mist. Wish I didn't lose my books.

Plus the adventures?... I can only imagine 3 adventures being short, quick and valuable as a PC. Who wouldn't play all 3 in 3.5ed?

I can only hope it's a Adventure for the masses. So... a low level adventure from 1st to 5th level. A intermediate level adventure from 6th to 15th. And a epic level Adventure from 16th to 21'st level. Making the PC an epic level hero in the High Forest region.

As a 3.5 designer I would push for that. Unfortunately I'm not. lol.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2020 :  22:45:26  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

I for one, am wicked excited about the whole thing, from close-up maps of certain regions of the High Forest, to the abundance of Fey, to lore on legendary locations.

Like, what's going on with that mighty Illusionist in the northern High Forest... The Mistmaster or something. He helped with the destruction of Hellgate Keep. He helped the Harpers, the Moonstars, the Elves and himself all at the same time. He resided in a tall tower of illusion and mist. Wish I didn't lose my books.

Plus the adventures?... I can only imagine 3 adventures being short, quick and valuable as a PC. Who wouldn't play all 3 in 3.5ed?

I can only hope it's a Adventure for the masses. So... a low level adventure from 1st to 5th level. A intermediate level adventure from 6th to 15th. And a epic level Adventure from 16th to 21'st level. Making the PC an epic level hero in the High Forest region.

Plan is for levels 8-13. With a huge impact on the High Forest.

--
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2020 :  18:28:24  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sounds good. I can always tweak the levels for something higher if I need to. Did that with Under Illefarn anew. But can you elaborate a little more? What impact can you hint at?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2020 :  21:44:15  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Sounds good. I can always tweak the levels for something higher if I need to. Did that with Under Illefarn anew. But can you elaborate a little more? What impact can you hint at?

Who should wear the Crown of Eaerlann?

--
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2020 :  22:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Give it to Laeral. She's great with crowns!
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2020 :  03:27:58  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope the Crown of Earlann is a cool artifact, a la the Dragontear Crown of Sharrven!
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2020 :  19:16:26  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who should wear the Crown of Eaerlann?

That sounds absolutely delicious! I can imagine a mid-level campaign full of powerful elves, humans and other factions and beasties looking to claim the Crown. As my current gaming crew is epic level I can just vamp and tweek the numbers and accompanying math to make it equal with us. I can only see this news as an epic change in The High Forest.

I know that in the southeastern portion of The High Forest is a powerful copper elf refuge ruled by Morgwais Nightmeadow (known to the elves of the High Forest as Morgwais the Red, the Lady of the Wood, and the Red Lady. (Via The Summoning, book 1 of The Return of the Arch Wizards trilogy, Circa 1372 DR.)

I can also possibly speculate that the remaining Fey'ri of the High Forest will be present, as well as Turlang, The Mistmaster, and the pure terror and horror that is Karse.

Can I be so bold as to ask for a round-a-bout date that you guys will be finished?

Thank you.
CEV
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2020 :  21:11:30  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reviving this thread; for someone clueless on the High Forest, what’s the cool hook that makes this such a must-have?

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2020 :  23:03:38  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Reviving this thread; for someone clueless on the High Forest, what’s the cool hook that makes this such a must-have?

The multitude of ancient elven realms and cities from hundreds of thousands of years ago during the first flowering of the elves. Then the more recent ancient elven realm of Arryvandarr, and the realms after it causing the Crown Wars, leading up to the First Sundering, due to Elven High Magic.

Then there is The Dire Wood... Haunted, undead-riddled corrupted forest of despair and dread. Then you have Karse at the center of the Dire Wood. Home to two alpha Liches.

Starshadow Tower near the Unicorn Run. Hellgate Keep, The Nameless Dungeon, The ruins of Farsilver, The Tower of Mists, Fhaorkerymkilr, the ancient wood elf city of rangers, now a blasted ruin.

Or Orlgotha... Sun elf ruins that are still standing in decayed waste holding a vastly powerful secret. Guarded by four Baelnorns and a pack of Lythari elves.

Drow elves in the forest. some good, some evil. Gnolls, Orcs, Goblins, Bugbears, Hobgoblins, Ogre-Magi. Giants of all types live in the High Forest. From Hill giants in the forest flatlands, to Storm Giants in the upper peaks of The Star Mounts.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2020 :  01:46:44  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

Will this likely, as with other 5e products, be easily applied to 3.5 and just toss the stat blocks? I really like the idea of such a huge lore book!

Best regards,

quote:

It's planned to be an unofficial sourcebook for the High Forest and three large adventures. (It will be as consistent as George and I can make it with existing Realmslore. We'll put out one version that has all the references marked.)

The sourcebook is done, working on the adventures.

It's currently 500+ pages.

Trying to have it done by GenCon, but no promises.

--Eric

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is it another campaign?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2020 :  08:30:48  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Eric,

Will this likely, as with other 5e products, be easily applied to 3.5 and just toss the stat blocks? I really like the idea of such a huge lore book!

I'm writing it for 3.5e.

--
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2020 :  08:57:32  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Eric,

I'm writing it for 3.5e.

Is it not a Guild project, then?

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2020 :  09:15:52  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Eric,

I'm writing it for 3.5e.

Is it not a Guild project, then?

No idea how I'll share it yet. I've got a bunch of ideas. But share it I will when finished.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2020 :  09:20:03  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This sounds awesome! Can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2020 :  19:29:51  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

You sir, are uber epic. Thank you! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2020 :  20:32:04  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Crown of Earlann should most likely fall to a Moon elf house. History says it was mostly moon elves, copper elves and a few wild elves. The Fey'ri will have something to say about this indeed. I particularly don't believe that Countess Sarya is dead or destroyed. The way she died in the novels left her open to soooooo many possibilities.

Once again... maybe the goodly elves are their own worst enemies as Evermeet and Evereska vie for establishment of the Crown. Maybe the goodly houses of the Gold elves call ownership to the crown??

It would be AWESOME if Moonblades decided the problem for Earlann.

Maybe The Shattering Swords of Coronal Ynloeth are held by The Knaves of The Missing Page, and Coronal Ynloeth's Bracer is held by gold elves of Evermeet? That alone would cause problems as whomever wields the swords will die without the Bracer.

After all... the Shattering Swords were used to kill the Balor Lord that ruled Hellgate Keep, and then lost.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2020 :  19:10:34  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Moonblades don't play a role, as they are intended to select the ruler of Evermeet, not other elven nations.

There are many valid choices to rule Eaerlann. Most, if not all of them, are bad. It's up to the PCs to pick.

--

Edited by - ericlboyd on 25 Mar 2020 19:29:05
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2020 :  21:34:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Moonblades don't play a role, as they are intended to select the ruler of Evermeet, not other elven nations.

There are many valid choices to rule Eaerlann. Most, if not all of them, are bad. It's up to the PCs to pick.

Just when will the PCs get to pick, Eric? Are you done consorting with liches?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000