Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Scyllua Darkhope from 1368-1375
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2019 :  20:20:58  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a rough idea of where Scyllua Darkhope was, month by month, tenday by tenday, in the years 1368-1375 DR?

There are mentions in numerous novels and sourcebooks. Can we get any kind of unified timeline, establishing rough geographic position at certain times and what kind of resources she commanded at that time?

My PCs have from 1371-1373 DR run into knights in her service in Calaunt, Scardale, Yhaunn and Ravens Bluff, as well as heard all sorts of rumours, primarily that she is the reightful heir of Scardale. Her knights seem willing to provide the first duty of a liege lord, protection.

I'd like to establish how much time she has to spend entangled in Zhentarim-wide schemes with dubious success rates and how much time and resources she can free up for her legitimate bid for rulership of at least one Dale.

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

rangerstranger
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2020 :  16:27:32  Show Profile Send rangerstranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Icelander

Does anyone have a rough idea of where Scyllua Darkhope was, month by month, tenday by tenday, in the years 1368-1375 DR?

There are mentions in numerous novels and sourcebooks. Can we get any kind of unified timeline, establishing rough geographic position at certain times and what kind of resources she commanded at that time?

My PCs have from 1371-1373 DR run into knights in her service in Calaunt, Scardale, Yhaunn and Ravens Bluff, as well as heard all sorts of rumours, primarily that she is the reightful heir of Scardale. Her knights seem willing to provide the first duty of a liege lord, protection.

I'd like to establish how much time she has to spend entangled in Zhentarim-wide schemes with dubious success rates and how much time and resources she can free up for her legitimate bid for rulership of at least one Dale.

This is a "small" project I would be interested in participating. I think the 1368-1372 would be the most difficult as she seems to be a creation of 3rd edition and the happenings in Zhentil Keep during those years seem to be the most turbulent.
Go to Top of Page

nblanton
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  02:20:54  Show Profile Send nblanton a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the resurrection, but she was first introduced in late 2E in Cloak & Dagger.

My current campaign is running a similar set of plots as this. One character is a retired Purple Dragon that fought in the crusade, where she met Scyulla as part of the Zhentish force (my Scyulla is probably older than the one in cannon.) Another character hails from Scardale, where his son was killed by one of the various foreign factions (the child was in a nominal "freedom fighter" group that was little more than a street gang.) He met Scyulla while she was stationed there during the occupation as a "good" face for the Zhentilar being that she was a paladin of Tyr and all. Another was an additional bastard of Lashan (making he and Scyulla half-siblings.) Elminster placed the boy in a southern Daggerdale village to be fostered as he had been quietly trying to round up the various bastards of Lashan (I gave Lashan a bit of a Robert Baratheon vibe.)

The player that was Lashan's son moved away, so he (he became an NPC) has now been recruited by Colderon (Constible Tren also abandoned the Zhents and sided with Colderon) whom is running a low-key insurgency in Daggerdale as the PCs "freed" the town during the Randal Morn adventure trilogy, but allowed Colderon and Tren to escape in Doom of Daggerdale. Colderon has won over quite a bit of the dalesmen to his side, by playing up the slightly xenophobic attitudes of a lot of the dalesmen by pointing out that Randal has no heir and the heir apparent is likely to be a Cormyrian noble who is married to Randal's sister. Also, the party leader of the band that over threw the Zhents is a retired Purple Dragon. Colderon loves to point out that he's a "true" Morn and will truly restore the dale to it's rightful glory and not allow it to become a fifedom of Cormyr like Tilverton.

That said, I've had Scyulla be a somewhat neutral arbiter that the PCs have ran into during their adventures in and around Daggerdale.

Edited by - nblanton on 25 Mar 2021 02:22:56
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000