Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 For Those Who Like 'Gods'
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2018 :  17:50:27  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
While looking for a Finnish God family tree (no easy task), I came across a page that might interest some of you, especially those of us who are working on regions outside of Faerûn.

Illustrations of the world's Pantheons.

Not sure where thats originally from - looks like a comic book. I notice the Big Ones aren't there (Norse and Greek/Roman), and yet, the Egyptians are.

I like some of the unexpected ones, like the Hawaiian pantheon, and the Philippines (Diwata/moro) ones.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 26 Mar 2018 17:51:00

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2018 :  19:42:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I personally like the write-ups on godchecker.com, though pantheon.org is a far more informative site.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Starshade
Learned Scribe

Norway
279 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2018 :  20:50:29  Show Profile Send Starshade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tbh, it looks like something from Marvel comics, probably 90s or earlier.

Finnish god Family tree?
Seen in Kalevala, and the stories of creation, and origin of Väinämöinen? Especially creation stories could hold clues, too.
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2018 :  20:54:30  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's from a Marvel comics encyclopedia/lore book Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica .
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2018 :  01:26:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Along those lines, I've been so tempted to buy this several times. Its very cute. I giggle everytime I see "Loki" and "A Horse" ... and then right next to that the multiple mothers who gave birth to Heimdall

https://store.veritablehokum.com/products/the-norse-god-family-tree

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 27 Mar 2018 01:28:31
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2018 :  01:37:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baltas

It's from a Marvel comics encyclopedia/lore book Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica .

Oh damn, I'd love to buy that. I don't see it available on amazon. Was it just pictures, or did it give info?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2018 :  03:36:23  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I was distracted by the rude hand gestures.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerûn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerûn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2018 :  06:44:18  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited by - LordofBones on 27 Mar 2018 06:44:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000