Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novels Being Cancelled?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  13:12:16  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:

If the novel line does end that might actually be a good thing. If Ed gets all of the rights to the Realms back, how great would it be to see him self-publishing whatever lore he felt like working on?

The thing is that Ed is already going to do something like that, with his work that will be published through the DMG. They could also contact him to contribute to one of their yearly adventures, and that would fulfill their part of the contract, as far as I know.

Yes but are things from the DMG (even stuff written by Ed or other published Realms authors/designers) considered canon?

Ed's work is always considered canon, unless it contradicts other WotC's stuff. Even what he posts here is canon. It's part of his contract with TSR and then WotC.

That said, Chirs Perkins was asked that on Twitter, and he replied that yes, Ed's stuff on the DMG will be canon.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  13:19:11  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Elsenrail

If Drizzt dies then there is no point to continue FR.

You may feel that way, but for a lot of people, the Realms is more than just one character.

Yeah. Drizzt is cool and stuff, but it's so tiresome when a whole huge and deep setting like the Realms is reduced to him, or when WotC make decision that affect the entire setting around that character.

Besides, RAS kinda does his own thing, ignoring important parts of FR lore (to the point of glaring mistakes), and with Drizzt taking the majority of novels/year and not really bothering to explore the setting, the novel line that offered us a perspective on the wider Faerun was already reduced to only 2 books/year.

Edited by - Irennan on 19 Aug 2016 13:19:47
Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  13:29:34  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

You may feel that way, but for a lot of people, the Realms is more than just one character.

Yeah. Drizzt is cool and stuff, but it's so tiresome when a whole huge and deep setting like the Realms is reduced to him, or when WotC make decision that affect the entire setting around that character.

This is what I meant. Love him or hate him, but it is a fact that he has become the key figure in the setting - from marketing point of view. I long for the good old days where there were circa 10 novels per year, but... if they cancelled Troy's latest book it seems they have lost interest in novels. :/ They could easily back up the novel line by printing some ebook exclusives (Shadowbane etc.), but even this direction seems to be outside the scope of their plans.

I will buy both Hero and The Devil You Know in hardbacks simply to support the revenue stream from the novel line... and due to my hunger for more Realms, but for WotC that is an insignificant business factor (I suppose).

Edited by - Elsenrail on 19 Aug 2016 13:33:28
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  13:36:18  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see. I misunderstood you, sorry for that. Yes, the novels seem to have lost a lot of importance in their strategy. I think that they want to tell their stories through that MMO now, and/or are waiting to see how the movie does before deciding if the Realms are worth it or not.

Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1266 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  18:47:43  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope the movie doesn't suck.
*crosses fingers*
Why no one in the current Fantasy craze hasn't found a way to turn Drizzt's story into a movie is beyond me. (Or Dragonlance, aside from that weird cartoon/CGI hybrid movie).
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  21:30:18  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is what I meant. Love him or hate him, but it is a fact that he has become the key figure in the setting - from marketing point of view. I long for the good old days where there were circa 10 novels per year, but... if they cancelled Troy's latest book it seems they have lost interest in novels. :/ They could easily back up the novel line by printing some ebook exclusives (Shadowbane etc.), but even this direction seems to be outside the scope of their plans.

I will buy both Hero and The Devil You Know in hardbacks simply to support the revenue stream from the novel line... and due to my hunger for more Realms, but for WotC that is an insignificant business factor (I suppose).

He is basically the "Avenged Sevenfold" of Forgotten realms. The entry level metal band with some radio friendly generic music(4th album forward) that non-metal fans who usually listen to mainstream can get into.

It is both good and bad. A lot of metal purists dislike them for intentionally changing their sound to go more mainstream, disregarding their roots and the fanbase that they originally stood for.

I liked Avenged Sevenfold's first 3 albums(2 Metalcore and 1 Prog heavy), but then they went way too far from their roots and into radio friendly land. Their last album was basically a recycled cover album(They redid popular songs from hit metal bands and changed the words). A good song or two on their last 3 albums, but far from the beginning to end awesome of their earlier works.

Too many people say "Avenged is the only metal band I like" in the same way too many people say "I only like Drizzt books in Forgotten realms", refusing to explore and broaden their horizons from the entry level stuff.

But I still prefer me some Iron Maiden, Dream theatre, Tool and many others in the same way I preferred having a selection in the realms.

I don't know who currently runs WOTC, but it is plain they want FR to fail and slowly fade into obscurity and have for years.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  23:20:00  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There's a whole world of interesting things that have nothing to do with Drizzt ... and honestly, his storyline died a long time ago (for me at least).

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2016 :  23:22:03  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If the novel line does end that might actually be a good thing. If Ed gets all of the rights to the Realms back, how great would it be to see him self-publishing whatever lore he felt like working on?

The thing is that Ed is already going to do something like that, with his work that will be published through the DMG. They could also contact him to contribute to one of their yearly adventures, and that would fulfill their part of the contract, as far as I know.

Yes but are things from the DMG (even stuff written by Ed or other published Realms authors/designers) considered canon?

Ed's work is always considered canon, unless it contradicts other WotC's stuff. Even what he posts here is canon. It's part of his contract with TSR and then WotC.

That said, Chirs Perkins was asked that on Twitter, and he replied that yes, Ed's stuff on the DMG will be canon.

Well that's great news. So who will help me chip-in and keep Ed fully caffeinated until he churns out at least 20-30 good length DMG Realms products??

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  00:20:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

I don't know who currently runs WOTC, but it is plain they want FR to fail and slowly fade into obscurity and have for years.

Yes, someone at WotC has decided the company doesn't need to make money and to entirely kill off a revenue stream, causing the property to be lost to them as it reverts to Ed per the original sale agreement. This is perfectly logical; businesses exist to piss away money.

For the love of Lurue, can we please stop assuming malicious intent behind every decision we don't agree with? That routine was old years ago, when the Spellplague was still new.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Aug 2016 00:22:06
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  00:24:11  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well that's great news. So who will help me chip-in and keep Ed fully caffeinated until he churns out at least 20-30 good length DMG Realms products??

I can help with that. I can provide italian espresso aplenty :P

Edited by - Irennan on 20 Aug 2016 00:24:46
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  01:18:27  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I can help with that. I can provide italian espresso aplenty :P

Excellent! That should do the trick nicely.

Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  12:56:19  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

There's a whole world of interesting things that have nothing to do with Drizzt ... and honestly, his storyline died a long time ago (for me at least).

Of course there are many other characters. By the way, Drizzt is not my favourite. However, it's still business, and Drizzt is a character who sells big. That's the point I was making.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  15:32:13  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Okay that's cool, but I just realized that if they're making some stuff on DMG offical, then the reason they're killing the regular novel line, is because they're going to open up DMG to Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft fiction for profit. So Ed would be able to write his novels directly for DMG.

Think about it, why pay all the staff that goes into a novel line, when you can get someone else to do all the work?

And if something doesn't sell, who gives a shit, it didn't cost WotC anything, DMG is hosted by Drivethrurpg I believe, all profit, no risk, externalized costs, its brilliant really. As for products being official, they can pick and choose who or what is official at their liesure.

If whatever Ed writes on DMG is official, then I'd suggest he gets together with out big FR names and puts together the 5e FRCG, perhaps with a kickstarter to start things off right.

Edited by - Gyor on 20 Aug 2016 15:35:50
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  15:46:39  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Novels are not allowed on the DMGuild, tho. Ed's going to write short stories and Volo's guides for the DMGuild. The Volo's Guides will be likely focused on areas that were neglected by TSR and WotC.

Edited by - Irennan on 20 Aug 2016 15:46:54
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  20:45:31  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yes, someone at WotC has decided the company doesn't need to make money and to entirely kill off a revenue stream, causing the property to be lost to them as it reverts to Ed per the original sale agreement. This is perfectly logical; businesses exist to piss away money.

For the love of Lurue, can we please stop assuming malicious intent behind every decision we don't agree with? That routine was old years ago, when the Spellplague was still new.

It is actually not uncommon in corporate politics Wooly. Especially a corporation the size of Hasbro.

Time Warner executives intentionally sabotaged the products of many subsidiaries during their hidden executive power struggles before and during the AOL merger, up to and including one of the most watched cable shows that was garnering ratings in the high 4.5-6 on the Nielsen ratings regularly. They literally and intentionally killed the shows ability to function by employing standards and practices that made it near impossible to put out good product and within 3 years it was reduced to a 2.5 on nielsen ratings. They then put the show's company up for sale, and had an offer on the table for $48 million dollars(If they got the time slot. no reason not to since 2.5 is still a great rating for a TV show) and destroyed THE OFFER because the executive in charge of TNT programming was on one side of the political infighting and removed it's time slot on his programming and so they had to take the only other of $2.5 million dollars.

It only came out years later in detail from dozens of sources who worked under time warner at the time. When executives want to sabotage other executives, it is done in circumventing ways. The corporate suits worry about their stock options going up and down and play the game.

The same thing happened when Daimler and Chrysler merged.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  20:57:03  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Novels are not allowed on the DMGuild, tho. Ed's going to write short stories and Volo's guides for the DMGuild. The Volo's Guides will be likely focused on areas that were neglected by TSR and WotC.

That why I said I think that WotC is planning on changing that rule for DMS guild. This is just a guess on my part.

If that adds too many complications, then they might just set up a DMSguild like structure for fiction. Again just a possible guess.

I do know that they're planning a major meeting at WotC HQ in September for the AL, it appears that they're replaning the AL/Campaign from the ground up, so my guess is its all related to a massive shift in how WotC plans for the future and its approach.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  21:02:40  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

It is actually not uncommon in corporate politics Wooly. Especially a corporation the size of Hasbro.

Time Warner executives intentionally sabotaged the products of many subsidiaries during their hidden executive power struggles before and during the AOL merger, up to and including one of the most watched cable shows that was garnering ratings in the high 4.5-6 on the Nielsen ratings regularly. They literally and intentionally killed the shows ability to function by employing standards and practices that made it near impossible to put out good product and within 3 years it was reduced to a 2.5 on nielsen ratings. They then put the show's company up for sale, and had an offer on the table for $48 million dollars(If they got the time slot. no reason not to since 2.5 is still a great rating for a TV show) and destroyed THE OFFER because the executive in charge of TNT programming was on one side of the political infighting and removed it's time slot on his programming and so they had to take the only other of $2.5 million dollars.

It only came out years later in detail from dozens of sources who worked under time warner at the time. When executives want to sabotage other executives, it is done in circumventing ways. The corporate suits worry about their stock options going up and down and play the game.

Holy crap on a cracker, that's some nasty behavior.

I wonder if this actually going on at WotC/Hasbro?

Honestly its so hard to know WotCs plans for the long term, all the transparency and communications of the 5e playtests went out the window, so we have no clue about long term plans, and barely even know about the next couple of products they're planning to release.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  21:12:05  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Why didn't they just sell the subsidiary company? Why sabotage a good show?

Besides, sabotaging projects that people put a lot of effort into only to get at each other, is just puerile and stupid IMO.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  21:23:49  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i dont know about you but i find quite a lot of people i meet to be immature and puerile, particularly the rich and powerful who think they no longer have to be nice because they are untouchable.

Why would a company knowingly release toxic chemicals into a water supply. Why would a company release an unsafe product that they know will kill people.

The answer is always the same. Money. Thats all they want. If they think they can make more money by doing an unsavoury action then some people (usually those with power and money) will do just that.

Ive known a company to deliberately sabotage their subsidiaries because at the current price no one wants to buy the company. If they make it next to worthless (a few million) then its a bargain and an investor will snap it up.

The company loses money but the directors dont care because its a private company at the moment with an ageing owner that has already named them in his will as the future owners. Once he dies then they can flog off each individual company to whoever wants it at a massive loss that will put tens of thousands of people out of a job but will at the same time make each director multi millionaires.

People are greedy, especially rich people.

I have no idea what is going on at WoTC or Hazbro, but you cannot state with any certainty that they will not do something stupid or malicious, because in the corporate world stuff like that happens all the time for varied motivations.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  21:41:55  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Well i dont know about you but i find quite a lot of people i meet to be immature and puerile, particularly the rich and powerful who think they no longer have to be nice because they are untouchable.

Why would a company knowingly release toxic chemicals into a water supply. Why would a company release an unsafe product that they know will kill people.

The answer is always the same. Money. Thats all they want. If they think they can make more money by doing an unsavoury action then some people (usually those with power and money) will do just that.

Ive known a company to deliberately sabotage their subsidiaries because at the current price no one wants to buy the company. If they make it next to worthless (a few million) then its a bargain and an investor will snap it up.

Oh, I see your point. But, say, in the case of chemical wastes being released in rivers and lakes, as disgusting as it is, the reason behind it is very clearly money. In this case, why couldn't they sell the subsidiary company for a lower price? I mean, they would get the same amount of money, the only difference would be that they wouldn't have ruined a show, and possibly damaged the reputations of thoes who worked on the show. It seems very childish and spiteful to me.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  22:37:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

I have no idea what is going on at WoTC or Hazbro, but you cannot state with any certainty that they will not do something stupid or malicious, because in the corporate world stuff like that happens all the time for varied motivations.

I can state it, in this case, because if they deliberately kill the Realms -- or even just the novel line -- they lose the setting. It's not a case of screwing someone else or manipulating the sale price -- they don't publish, the setting reverts to Ed. No money changes hands, and the only losers are WotC themselves.

And since they're using the Realms as the default D&D setting, it screws them over there, too.

There is absolutely nothing they have to gain by not publishing, and a lot to lose.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2016 :  23:32:44  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have heard that the right's would revert back to Ed after a year, or after 5 years. I don't know which it is. WotC could publish something on day 364 just to keep the IP.

I figure that WotC is moving towards Video Games, Board Games, DMG, and Comic's just to keep the IP and setting afloat. Then every couple of years produce a special novel or three. Who knows. I still have my OGB and my 2E stuff, so I am happy...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  01:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I can state it, in this case, because if they deliberately kill the Realms -- or even just the novel line -- they lose the setting. It's not a case of screwing someone else or manipulating the sale price -- they don't publish, the setting reverts to Ed. No money changes hands, and the only losers are WotC themselves.

I'm sure that the legal position is not that simple, and at the end of the day it would be a legal battle between a huge, multinational company and a Canadian librarian. There's only going to be one loser there.

The Swordsage
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  02:34:57  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What happens if WOTC keeps reprinting old novels in ebook format - would that count as them "continuing the novel line?"

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  03:16:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Swordsage

quote:

I'm sure that the legal position is not that simple, and at the end of the day it would be a legal battle between a huge, multinational company and a Canadian librarian. There's only going to be one loser there.

The Swordsage

Not much room for a legal battle when a contract says "Party A does this or the rights revert to Party B" -- and then Party A fails to meet their obligation.

There are also a fair number of lawyers that will take a case and only get paid if they win.

Also, all Ed would have to do is agree to license the setting to another company -- someone like Margaret Weis Productions, for example -- and there's more money for a legal battle.

I understand that there are other factors, too, which would make it more than just big company versus little guy.

And with lawyers' fees, the cost of fighting to defend their breach of contract could wind up costing WotC/Hasbro more than the property is worth.

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  04:15:55  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entromancer

What happens if WOTC keeps reprinting old novels in ebook format - would that count as them "continuing the novel line?"

I don't believe so. Ed must be contracted to produce at least 1 game supplement or novel per year (or he must at least be allowed to write that, Idk if WotC has to offer him a contract).

Edited by - Irennan on 21 Aug 2016 04:17:18
Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  20:04:49  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

I'm trying to join the FB group that the conversation came from to find out more. The friend that told me about it is reliable but I can't speak for those who brought up the topic in that group.

What FB group is this?

quote:

I'd think we'd see the novels revert to exclusively paperbacks before being canceled outright.

Not necessarily, as hardcovers have a bigger profit margin than paperbacks.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamora

Has Troy's novel been confirmed cancelled? I still see Dagger of Souls on Amazon to be released early September. It will be sad to see another novel disappear if it has been cancelled.

Do you have a link to it on Amazon? I received notification from them that it was cancelled, and I don't see it anywhere.

quote:

I can state it, in this case, because if they deliberately kill the Realms -- or even just the novel line -- they lose the setting.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would TSR purchase what is first and foremost a setting for game product, and agree to continuously publish tie-in novels as a condition of ownership before even seeing if there was a market for those novels?

quote:

quote:

I don't believe so. Ed must be contracted to produce at least 1 game supplement or novel per year (or he must at least be allowed to write that, Idk if WotC has to offer him a contract).

That makes more sense.

Apart from whatever agreement they have with Ed, I agree with those who suggested it seems plausible that WOTC is moving in the direction of a structure like the DMG for any future D&D fiction; it places all the risk on the author, and they just get a cut of the revenue.

I doubt that a high profile author like RAS would accept such a thin deal though, so I guess it remains to be seen if it's true that they aren't offering any more contracts. If that's the case, they could be technically telling the truth when they say they aren't cancelling the novel line... it just disappears, because none of their authors can come to terms with them.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  20:13:40  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CylverSaber
I doubt that a high profile author like RAS would accept such a thin deal though, so I guess it remains to be seen if it's true that they aren't offering any more contracts. If that's the case, they could be technically telling the truth when they say they aren't cancelling the novel line... it just disappears, because none of their authors can come to terms with them.

They already kinda did that with Paul Kemp.

Go to Top of Page

CylverSaber
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  20:32:12  Show Profile  Visit CylverSaber's Homepage Send CylverSaber a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CylverSaber

They already kinda did that with Paul Kemp.

Yup. And I have a feeling that's what may have happened with Troy Denning as well. Time will tell if the same happens with Erin and even RAS. No announcements, just no contracts agreed upon, so no more books.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2016 :  20:36:16  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erin has already said that ''The Devil You Know'' will be the last Farideh book (http://slushlush.com/2016/08/the-devil-you-know/). RAS was very vague about Hero, and that alone says a lot.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000