Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 "Twin Crowns of Myrmoran"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  19:08:17  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In Wyrms of the North these were mentioned. Are they detailed or even mentioned anywhere else?

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  19:10:32  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should note they were mentioned in the description of Voaraghamanthar, "the Black Death"
in Dragon Magazine #258
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6354 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  19:49:30  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well off the top of my head ive got nothing. I suspect there will be nothing more official either but i feel like a bit of speculation today so i might have a read and see what comes to mind.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6354 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  21:02:26  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I took a quick glance at Dragon Magazine 258 and it said to read Dungeon 73 for more details.

I'd have a look at that (I can't believe I've never read it before either). Loads of lore and history in that issue.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11716 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2016 :  21:50:45  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, the eye of Myrkul adventure. I've always wanted to run it. It was written by Eric L. Boyd and was chock full of lore.

On the crowns, just in case you can't get ahold of that copy, it says that the crowns were crafted Iniarv, the oft-absent Mage-Royal of Uthtower, for the twin Princes Uth II of Uthtower and Ornoth of Yarlith when the kingdom was split between them after their father died.

Its rumored that Iniarv enchanted the crowns, because the two monarchs ruled capably, never disagreed and both died peacefully in their sleep at an old age in the same year (whether they died at the same time isn't noted).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  21:18:35  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that - I was reading the online version of the WotN article which WOTC converted to 3rd E and doesn't seem to mention the dungeon mag.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2016 :  21:23:56  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also can't believe I've never read that adventure before - fantastic work there Eric L Boyd!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000