Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Sections you want to see Ed do in order on DMGuild
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  19:59:54  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Which sections and in which order would you like to see Ed put out first on DM Guild?

1: Moonsea.

2: Narfell.

3: Up to date Kara-Tur.

4: High Forest.

5: Sea of Fallen Stars.

And more, and more, and more, and more.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  20:07:18  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

Seconded!
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  20:13:25  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Waterdeep, Menzoberranzan

Jokes aside, Halruaa, Rashemen, the Moonsea, the High Forest.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  20:25:39  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Waterdeep, Menzoberranzan

Jokes aside, Halruaa, Rashemen, the Moonsea, the High Forest.

I was way more amused by your joke than I should've been, and I think that's due to the deep sadness in my soul of how much those two (and some others) have been done to death and back. >_>
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  20:37:42  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see some new info for Zakhara.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  21:33:28  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo's Guide to Tethyr, Volo's Guide to Amn, Volo's Guide to the Bloodstone Lands, Volo's Guide to the Moonsea, Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast North, Volo's Guide to the Dragon Coast, Volo's Guide to Impiltur, Volo's Guide to Aglarond, Volo's Guide to the Shining South and so on and so forth :-D
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  22:11:35  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo's Guide to:

1) The Moonsea.
2) Anywhere else.

I'll take what I can get, but The Moonsea would be the best Volo's Guide for me. Tell me all about Phlan and Hillsfar and Mulmaster and Thentia and Zhentil Keep from Volo's point of view. I would be the happiest guy on planet earth.

Edited by - Seravin on 26 Jan 2016 22:13:02
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  22:14:08  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would actually like a detailed sourcebook on Silverymoon.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

eeorey
Seeker

Bulgaria
96 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  22:50:14  Show Profile Send eeorey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Sea of Fallen Stars/Vilhon reach

2. Old empires

3. Lantan

4. Lake of Steam/Border Kingdoms

5. The Vast/Ravens bluff

6. Moonsea

Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  23:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.The Dragon Coast.
2.The Vilhon Reach.
3.The Moonsea.

After that, anywhere... anywhere. I wouldn't mind more detailed lore on the Western Heartlands outside of Balder's Gate.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  00:20:13  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Moonsea

2. Rashemen

3. Cormyr/Dalelands/Sembia

4. Amn/Tethyr

5. Anywhere else

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  01:32:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to see the Border Kingdoms get fully explored this time.

I also want to see more magic -- Ed's magic stuff has always been great. Roguestones and beljurils and the original version of the dragonshape spell -- few things can top stuff like that.

And I want to see more of his NPCs. Before anyone says it, I'm not talking about more high-level wizards or Chosen; I'm talking about more characters like Elsura Dauniir, Baelam the Bold, Asilther Graelor, Susprina Arkenneld, folks like that. No matter how well-detailed a setting is, it's the people in the setting that bring it to life -- and Ed is a master at creating those people.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  01:52:40  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not even sure what I would choose. Top of the list would be map packs of everything Ed wanted to publish: Citadel Felbarr, Shadowdale's Underdark, Tethyamar, Earthfast etc. Anything dwarven really. Any new magic items or spells is a good call. Current Clack sections on any area he's detailing for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing indepth detailing of favorite areas like the North, Dales, Moonsea and The Vast; on the other hand it'd be cool to see areas that never received hardly any coverage. What's in the Orsraun Mountains etc. Honestly, I'm just super happy we'll see entire books from Ed again. :)

Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  04:08:00  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I also want to see more magic -- Ed's magic stuff has always been great. Roguestones and beljurils and the original version of the dragonshape spell -- few things can top stuff like that.

And I want to see more of his NPCs. Before anyone says it, I'm not talking about more high-level wizards or Chosen; I'm talking about more characters like Elsura Dauniir, Baelam the Bold, Asilther Graelor, Susprina Arkenneld, folks like that. No matter how well-detailed a setting is, it's the people in the setting that bring it to life -- and Ed is a master at creating those people.

Do you think they would lift the NDAs so Ed can finally get some of the "lost" lore finally published. That would be wonderful.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  04:43:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Do you think they would lift the NDAs so Ed can finally get some of the "lost" lore finally published. That would be wonderful.

Of course not. Lifting an NDA costs time and money. Leaving it in place does not.

But there's a lot of the Realms that's not explored... And even the explored areas having being touched in that much detail for 100 years of in-setting time.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  06:46:15  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like there might be an assumption that ed will produce lore for the current timeline (1490s) whereas I am assuming ed will produce lore from his own campaign time which is pre tot or no tot and possibly as era neutral as it comes since he focuses on lore about the little guy.
I wonder what he will do, it will be interesting I don't doubt.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  07:36:01  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, another one I'd like: Haunted Halls of Eveningstar: Expanded Edition
Go to Top of Page

admcewen
Acolyte

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  07:51:42  Show Profile  Visit admcewen's Homepage Send admcewen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rashemen

"I am the hippy of calm and I bring you peace"

"Any thing with more than one head is bad"
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  08:42:59  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would of course like the less detailed areas (although I think there was a volo guide to the moonsea in the works so if it's lying around might as well get published). However I like rummaging around in the less detailed areas but that have 1 sourcebook about them such as the shining south, the old empires, the western heartlands, the moonshaes. Therefore for purely selfish reasons I would love ed to cover regions that have nothing more than a paragraph about them such as sossal, murghom, etc.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  08:51:09  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Sounds like there might be an assumption that ed will produce lore for the current timeline (1490s) whereas I am assuming ed will produce lore from his own campaign time which is pre tot or no tot and possibly as era neutral as it comes since he focuses on lore about the little guy.
I wonder what he will do, it will be interesting I don't doubt.

In the past Ed has always written for the current era. Even here at candlekeep he typically couches things in the current era (because ultimately which era it's in play is meaningless). I will be interested to see if Ed will be supporting the current era and if he doesn't, what effect that has on the gaming community at large.

I'd love to see areas where Ed actually was involved in their creation or shaping. So Kara-Tur isn't somewhere I'd rather see Ed work on (on the presumption he's never really had signficant involvement in it). I'd rather he offer us insights into his vision of those areas closest to his heart.

In particular: Thay and Aglarond.

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.

Edited by - JohnLynch on 27 Jan 2016 08:52:18
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  12:42:29  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

Seconded!

I'm with you!!!

EDIT: And the High Forest!!!

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 27 Jan 2016 12:43:46
Go to Top of Page

Rils
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  16:01:18  Show Profile Send Rils a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a little torn on this topic. On one hand, I'd love to see him detail the High Forest and the North. But on the other hand, there are already several sourcebooks for that, and I think I'd rather see some less-covered areas like the Vast, or Amn/Tethyr, or whatever is east of Amn/Tethyr, or the Great Dale, or Aglarond, etc etc.

Dugmaren Brightmantle is my homey.
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  19:16:33  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caladan Brood

Ooh, another one I'd like: Haunted Halls of Eveningstar: Expanded Edition

Oh yes, very much so.

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2016 :  23:37:04  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sossal, Old Empires, Shaar and Vilhon Reach
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2384 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2016 :  17:54:50  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it should be a region, North-East (Damara-Impiltur-Narfell-Great Dale-Thesk).
Or maybe around Lake of Steam.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2016 :  18:15:32  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope ed doesn't do the cold lands personally, but that's only because I want to do them and could never compete with eds genius. But I think ed will steer clear of that region because it is close to impiltur which is very much George's sandbox (and ancient narfell)

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

BrianDavion
Seeker

71 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2016 :  07:14:51  Show Profile Send BrianDavion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
odd as It sounds... I'd like to see the sword coast. it's already been covered in the adventurer's guide yes, but that was really pretty thin, I'd like a more indepth look
Go to Top of Page

sw1989
Acolyte

39 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2016 :  18:58:16  Show Profile Send sw1989 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I loved to know more about organizations than regions, especially about the Cult of the Dragon. Especially how it became how it was in Rise of Tiamat.

To elaborate: It was an organization run by Alagshon, Augloroasa and Daurogoth in 3e, one run by Anabraxis in 4e and than by Severin a fanatical god worshipper in 5e. I really love to know how the one major evil organization, which was run by mortals (and undeads) for mortals (and undeads), while having MANY religious influences, deteriorated in just another extension of one crazed church. Really, what exactly happened to justify this radical shift in leadership? Also what happened to Vargo?

One can probably see, that I wasn't really thrilled by the change and I apologize if it was unpleasant to read.

Edited by - sw1989 on 05 Jun 2016 18:59:59
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2016 :  19:05:12  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since my project on the region is unpublishable, I would love to see more on my beloved Cormanthyr, both it's past and present incarnations

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2016 :  22:05:49  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to see a complete 1757 DR setting - the whole faerun in the style of the Old Grey Box.

Edit: Gaah! Typo, that would be 1357, according to Wooly.

Edited by - Snotlord on 06 Jun 2016 05:41:05
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2016 :  23:21:38  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would actually love to see a "Book of Ruins".

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000