Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2016)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2016 :  14:04:39  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
Hello my dear THO a Ed,

I was wondering is the an official Canon reference for whom where the Scions of the Nobles Houses of Elves that came from Tintageer and upon their first arrival in Faerun?
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2016 :  11:38:40  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
I wanted to ask about the former Psion Nation of Jhaamdath and the great Intevar's Librarium. It was know that a university called Udoclian for the Invisible Art and supposed Intervar Librarium contained the collective knowledge of the elves. So that nation of psion rule flourished from -5800 DR to -1504 DR.

So that means that psionics would have been common amongst the citizens and the gifts passed on from generation to generation. What happened to all the lore knowledge of elven collection, and all the lore knowledge of psionics of the Udoclian University and Intevar's Librarium? Would some of the Eleven High Magic and Psion blending, psicrafts including spindles,psi-lore crystal etc, have made its way to Evereska and to the Hall of the Kaliesh'erai?
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2016 :  11:57:58  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
What can Ed tell us about Ophaldaar, greatest of the three High Mages of fallen Miyeritar who died his endeavour to counter the Killing Storm unleashed by the Vyshaan and lost in the great magical maelstrom that ensued?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2016 :  14:31:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Donohue

What can Ed tell us about Ophaldaar, greatest of the three High Mages of fallen Miyeritar who died his endeavour to counter the Killing Storm unleashed by the Vyshaan and lost in the great magical maelstrom that ensued?

Given that I made him up, likely not that much.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2016 :  17:32:11  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
Thanks George, blushing now.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2016 :  04:57:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Donohue

Thanks George, blushing now.

No biggie. Steven Schend did all the heavy lifting for Miyeritar back in the day. He might be able to provide you with some lore.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Baldorar
Acolyte

Spain
8 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2016 :  07:12:50  Show Profile Send Baldorar a Private Message
Yet another question for Ed, but that you can also can answer, my Lady THO.

I know he likes to run mini-dungeons from time to time. But, I'm curious about how did/does he run mega-dungeons (i.e. Undermountain): what's it using the typical old school pattern, counting feet on corridors and describing room proportions, or was it done in any other, more loose and inmersive way? Did he use to put lots of creatures in rooms like you can see in some of the older modules (G 1-3, the B series of modules foot basic D&D, etc.)?

Did/do you run hex crawls our use a hex map while exploring?

Of course I'm talking about your home campaigns, not about what you have to do for TSR.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by - Baldorar on 25 Aug 2016 07:47:12
Go to Top of Page

Vulpes
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2016 :  09:07:00  Show Profile Send Vulpes a Private Message
Who were some of the more... interesting of Azoun IV's unknown bastards? By which, I mean unexpected hybrids like half-sea elves or -white dragons, people who became famous on their own merits, people who came to rule other places, people who ended up in farflung and unexpected places, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2016 :  03:03:47  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message
I was wondering if there are any organizations like the Harpers that are in the home campaign that never have been released officially. Any names or anything that you can tell us would be appreciated if either of you can discuss it. :-)

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  14:45:27  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message
Something of a vague-ish question for Ed, as it were, but anyway!

When Mystra makes/creates/imbues a new Chosen, it comes with various benefits, obviously. The silver fire, sudden (or maybe not so sudden, depending) awareness that they'll live much longer than other mortals, and so on. But how do they adapt to no longer needing to sleep? It appears in the game rules for some editions, certainly, but I'm curious about how they tend to deal with it. Which of course might vary from person to person, so if need be then Ed can feel free to limit his answer to Elminster, Khelben, and the Seven (but other examples, particularly examples who might not have done so well, would also be interesting).

Is sleep something that they simply cannot do? Or can they choose to sleep if they want to (perhaps they might enjoy taking a nap?), but don't? Or are they always in a state of "rested wakefulness" or similar? Do they get "tired" like normal people would but just find that vanishing if they employ silver fire (consciously or not) to keep themselves going?

Plus, as somebody who often has many sleepless nights researching or working, the concept of no longer needing sleep is intriguing and somewhat horrifying. One of the most basic human requirements (along with things like food and drink), and a Chosen of Mystra just plain, well, doesn't.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  15:22:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I've always assumed that they can sleep, and find it just as refreshing as a non-Chosen would, but that the silver fire has changed them to the point that they don't suffer the effects of not sleeping. Maybe it's like the Catalepsean Node that Warhammer 40k Space Marines have -- they can put parts of their brain to sleep while the rest stays up and running.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  15:33:32  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message
I believe Storm still requires sleep so this benefit of her Chosen doesn't apply to her. There's one passage in an El novel where she sleeps while El reads a spellbook. She lays next to him, he holds her hand and turns the pages of the floating book with the other. This was before the Spellplague, however, and she may not have to sleep now.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2016 :  21:04:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

I believe Storm still requires sleep so this benefit of her Chosen doesn't apply to her. There's one passage in an El novel where she sleeps while El reads a spellbook. She lays next to him, he holds her hand and turns the pages of the floating book with the other. This was before the Spellplague, however, and she may not have to sleep now.

It was a 2E source that said they don't need to sleep -- The Seven Sisters.

But since we have multiple references to them sleeping, I stick with my interpretation.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2016 :  00:06:09  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message
Hi again Ed and THO! To Ed, I hope the Stormtalons launch is going well!

Can you tell us anything more about the destruction of Field Ward referred to in Death Masks - specifically about when this happened? Even more specifically, was it linked to the Tyranny of Dragons event?

Your time is always appreciated, I'm sure you're even busier than normal at the moment!

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2016 :  00:19:17  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
will there be a champaign setting book for storm talons?

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Baldorar
Acolyte

Spain
8 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2016 :  07:04:49  Show Profile Send Baldorar a Private Message
Hello again Ed and My Lady THO,

This is another question for Ed:

Could you summarize in (for instance) five brief points in which essential things the published Realms differ from those you originally created/devised in your home campaign?

Thank you and I hope everything goes well (and you don't feel overwhelmed by the bulk of questions we're throwing at you guys!)

Baldorar

Go to Top of Page

rodrigoalcanza
Seeker

Brazil
67 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2016 :  18:10:37  Show Profile Send rodrigoalcanza a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Is this the post you're referring to?

quote:
Hello again, all. Ed was offline for the better part of a day (an electrical storm fried an aging iMac power supply, and he was too busy with other things to swap the hard drive out into ANOTHER aging iMac, so as to get all his Net ISP settings back), but he's surfaced now, just in time to answer Zanan's query:

Spells are written in an everchanging "pidgin" language derived from Auld Wyrm/Auld Wyrmish (sometimes called "Auld High Wyrmish" or "Old Draconic"), words augmented by runes/sigils that carry their own magical charges AND have a meaning in an incantation, akin to modern real-world picto-symbols for access, washrooms, this or that banned, et al (though they usually mean something like "that phrase [of the incantation, just spoken] is validated and empowered thus" or "empowered and comined with [the next phrase of the incantation") which is why "read magic" was a different spell than "comprehend languages."
An incantation is "read" by enunciating the words of the incantation, and visualizing (or touching) each rune/sigil AS the name of the rune/sigil is uttered, as they occur in the written spell (which releases their "trigger" magic to affect ("steer and shape") the building power of the natural forces of the world that is being raised and combined by the incantation into an eventual effect.
The language of the incantation (not counting these rune/sigil names) consists of verbs and articles mainly of elder draconic origin, plus a vocabulary of nouns (and a few verbs and articles) added by many workers-in-magic down the years. Some of these added words are elvish, some are human, and a very few (gems, mainly) are dwarven or from the gnome tongue. This language, like all languages, changes over time, as many new words are added, a few are forgotten, and a few fall out of favour. Many of the newer words are "nonsense" words coined by individual human mages, that get taken up and used by others; if someone used to wielding the Art ("arcane magic spellcaster") reads a spell scroll or written spell without actually casting it, the meanings of the words are conveyed faintly to them, unfolding in their brains (which is how someone can trigger not just explosive runes, but a harmful or beneficial glyph).
The point is that the spell CRAFTER (not caster, if they are different beings) must know/feel/be able to visualize what each word represents, be it a thing, a force, a transformation, or a desired result (for instance, the incantation phrase "aumma drood hethtarl [barrander] khehk'tal" literally means: ruby (the gem), melt it, to produce only a red vapor and heat, [name of rune, that means: applying the flesh-affecting ability this derived chemical possesses, to all of the energies of the building spell], unchanged in effects). So it's quite possible for a drow caster to use drow words in an incantation, or a dwarf to replace some words with dwarven runes (different from the "power runes"/sigils of the spell), or any spellcaster to use a family or personal nonsense word that THEY know the meaning of, when writing down spells.
So the answer is: there's no one "language of magic," but there's a jargon for incanting that's perhaps 40 percent nonsense words ("nonsense" to non-workers-in-magic, as in: invented, not part of any merely spoken language), 30 percent human, 12 percent elder draconic, 8 percent elven (various dialects, usually old word forms), and 10 percent drawn from all other tongues.
A speaker of any of these tongues who does not have the gift of handling the Art could "sort of" understand "their" words in an incantation, but only partially (for instance, an old drow word for "violent fall" of a stalactite [the equivalent of "crash down on whatever's below"] might be used in an incantation to mean "dash down" [that is, I want this my spell to violently and damagingly smash something down on what's below]; the meaning is similar but not identical, and could be misunderstood out of context).
In the "good old days," game designers actually sat down (often over drinks), and discussed all of this, so we'd be on the same page when writing, even though the early publishing codes prevented anything really specific being printed about "casting spells/working witchcraft." This has ALWAYS been "how it's worked in the Realms," with Ruathlek being an illusionist's "code" version of wizards' magical lingo, and I got TSR staff designers to agree to this back in 1986, but . . . personnel change, companies change, agreements get forgotten and new people never even know they exist, and so on . . .
Work for you? Post right back if you have more questions, and I'll be happy to talk this through.

So saith Ed. Who DOES think about all of this stuff, folks. Truly.
love to all,
THO

The date on my file is 10-27-08, so the post was from on or around that date.

Thank you! It was precisely the text of Ed Greenwood I was looking for. Sorry about the delay to thank!
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2016 :  04:27:02  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message
To THO,

Does Ed still develop Lore for the classic era of the Realms(pre-spellplague)? Or are all of his efforts post Sundering now?

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Vulpes
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2016 :  05:48:48  Show Profile Send Vulpes a Private Message
In some academic disciplines, there is a sense of academic "family" or "descent." The mentor of your mentor is your "grand(mother/father)," etc. Is there any equivalent among wizards? Does an apprentice learn their "lineage," and does that lineage have any sort of bearing on anything? Are there more "exalted" lineages than others, ones that would give an apprentice a social leg-up once they move out on their own? Is someone who can trace their masters back to a certain "ancestor" helped by the association among other members of their extended "family"? Are any lineages distinctive in some way? And are there common ancestors with unusually large, or unusually small, numbers of descendants? Is there a "latest common ancestor" of all wizards, like Mitochondrial Eve? Would it be a famous one, like Ioloaum, or some obscure figure who just had a lot of apprentices over time?

Is there any sense of family obligation? Suppose Telrana of the Sapphires (to just make someone up) has two apprentices. She is then slain by her hated enemy Rune of the Rubies, but the apprentices are left alive. Having no real idea of what else to do, they present themselves to Tulrun of the Tents, who was Telrana's master two hundred years ago. Would Tulrun feel any obligation towards his "grandapprentices"? Would he take them on, or at least arrange for their tutelage, or send them away?

Edited by - Vulpes on 27 Sep 2016 07:56:26
Go to Top of Page

Sunderstone
Learned Scribe

104 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2016 :  19:26:56  Show Profile Send Sunderstone a Private Message
To THO and Ed,

From the time I cam across the first Waterdeep and the North game accessory, he is the character I have always wanted to know more about. For whatever reason, maybe since reading folk tales of Paul Bunyan as a kid, I have always loved the giant superhuman figures who also had a gentler side.

I have searched all the info I could find here on Candlekeep about Madeiron Sunderstone and FR game material and this is what I found. From what I have gathered from your responses as well as some of the other more learned scribes here, despite his appearance as a stone-headedly loyal bodyguard to Piergerion he is a street-smart veteran, wise in the ways of human nature, and trusts his gut as inspiration from Tyr and is able to react very swiftly in battle. Some who have underestimated, discounted, or ignored him by viewing him as a slow speaking, dim as a post, easily tricked man-mountain have had that to come back and haunt them - - hard.

He is very alert and can act quickly, he habitually anticipates trouble or surprise attacks, though he is aware he's not the sharpest-witted person around. When faced with new concepts, notions, views he likes to mull over them for quite a while before making decisions so he can full grasp them He prefers to take his time making decisions and if he is confronted with a situation that doesn't afford him time, he'll ask someone else to decide and then fully support them without wasting time hemming or hawing or stubbornly disagreeing. He's more the stolid, calm, trusting sort who will carry a solution out that's been proposed by someone he trusts.

He is very amiable and most people who know him and his true character respect him and he can count Mirt, Durnan, and Laeral as fast friends. He was once an uncle figure to Aleena but they grew to be equals close and trusted friends and he counts Piergeiron has his best friend.

He hails from Hartsvale, a descendant of the demi-god Hartkiller and Brun I, the first King of Hartsvale and is a distant cousin of Briana Hartwick the Queen. He is eight feet tall and immensley strong. I believe in one of your dealings he held up a collapsing building while inside so other could escape. At an earlier point in his life he was an adventure of note around the Inner Sea and had earned the gratitude of the lord High Justicar Deren Eriach of the Aabbey of the Just Hammer who gifted him with the Axe of Heavenly Fire.

His introduction with Piergeiron was before he was the Open Lord but details of that story and how they become such loyal comrades and closest friends is part of a NDA.

Here are some other questions that may or may not be covered by NDA I have if you could answer or ask of Ed. What would be the normal routine of Madeiron on a given day as Piergeiron's bodyguard and champion? Is he pretty much always by Piergeiron's side? Are there any situation where he is given independent command of a situation with the Watch or Guard? Given his personality and character strengths and weaknesses would he be suited for heading up a critical situation involving city forces? Or does he always need to have a more critical thinker present when it's simply not reacting to something. Due his duties ever take him away from the city? Did he ever take a wife, have children or have a significant love interest? What would have been his reaction to the events of Thornhold, i.e Bronwyn, Cara Doon, and the Knights of Samular? Since he probably has the deep wisdom that is a hallmark trait of a Paladin are their issues, life or otherwise where one might ask for his counsel?

I know these are a lot of questions and I hope you may answer some or provide and other material you may recall or Ed can offer that is not NDA that brings more of his life to light.

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Zanthox
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2016 :  19:32:59  Show Profile Send Zanthox a Private Message
Hello Ed and THO,

I've had a question bothering me since the Sundering began and hoped that the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide or one of the recent novels would clear up but they seem to only hint or ignore this issue.
What I'm wondering about is Lathander is/is not Amaunator conflict. I'd love tons of details on anything about those that chose to follow Lathander during the past hundred years (I saw mention of at least one in Waterdeep) but even more I would love some resolution on just where these two gods stand with one another as they both apparently both exist in the pantheon now. Particularly interesting is the fact that many of the temples of Lathander became temples (such as the famous Spires of the Morning) to Amaunator during his leave. Who do they stand with now?
Was there a reverse of the Rising Sun Heresy for Lathander during this time that now is pushing hard for reclaiming such relics? What really is the two god's relationship if they are two separate beings?

Thanks so much for any info you can give!
Go to Top of Page

LetumLux
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  05:38:01  Show Profile Send LetumLux a Private Message
Hi again, THO! I'm dusting off a question from an older scroll to see if there was still any hope of some Loross language lore that isn't locked behind NDA. :D

quote:
Are there any Netherese (or Loross, for that matter) words or phrases that Ed crafted with his languamancy, besides the names of the Enclaves? I've been poking around, and the most I could find was an old post from 2000 that stated “Mishkel” as a Netherese word for
"sphere" and “Alkior” as a Netherese word for "shatter". ( http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0006d&L=realms-l&D=1&P=21615 )

Thanks in advance!
quote:
Hi again, all.
LetumLux, I know Ed provided TSR with a brief Netherese glossary just before the original slade-penned Netheril boxed set was written, and that it wasn't used at the time. That makes it NDA by definition, but off your query goes to Ed to see if he can reveal any of its contents, or new linguistic lore . . .
love,
THO

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  12:14:48  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Heh. I've been bugging Ed for language lore for a couple of months now but he is busy, busy, busy - as always. Hopefully he can send something through.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  13:51:28  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message
I too would love some more loross language tidbits.

The fun you can have with language. For instance a simple word such as "arch" i have used to draw a connection between Netheril and Amn of all places.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2016 :  03:17:45  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message
Hello Ed & THO,

I haven't said it before, but thank you both for doing these Ask Ed threads. I'm currently doing another re-read (onwards once again to the brave new future of 2007!) and once again there is so much stuff I somehow missed the first couple of times around.

And questions, such as;

Is Ambra, the half-elven sometime-prostitute and creator of the spell Ambra's Kiss (from your '06 replies, about halfway down, here <http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5812&whichpage=71>) the same person as Ambra Steelthorn, masked owner of the broadsheet Full Frontal Druidity: The Broadsheet That Lays Bare Secrets Most Shocking, from your 2009 Spin-a-Yarn, Night of the Dread Pudding?

And if so, can we have more information on her?

And if not, can we have more information on them?

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2016 :  08:05:04  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message
Hello Ed and THO,

Do the peoples of Faerûn have different styles of archery? After all, besides elves and those who learned from them, there are various horse nomads with different resources and priorities, who had little to no contact with the first group most of the time. And the Calishites.
Specifically, does anyone use styles such as "Mongolian" (in our world peoples all over Asia did, but Mongols became famous for it outside) - involving thumb rings?
If yes, are there enchanted thumb-rings?
The latter is inspired by a mention of "gloves that allow their stored spells to be emitted through touched arrows or held blades" in Cormanthyr. Seems to be a fitting item for spells like Flame Arrow, Arrow Swarm, Tenser's Hunting Hawk, etc. Besides, a lot of these things are fine objects of art and/or are carved out of various gemstones.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2016 :  15:12:47  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by AJA

Hello Ed & THO,

I haven't said it before, but thank you both for doing these Ask Ed threads. I'm currently doing another re-read (onwards once again to the brave new future of 2007!) and once again there is so much stuff I somehow missed the first couple of times around.

And questions, such as;

Is Ambra, the half-elven sometime-prostitute and creator of the spell Ambra's Kiss (from your '06 replies, about halfway down, here <http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5812&whichpage=71>) the same person as Ambra Steelthorn, masked owner of the broadsheet Full Frontal Druidity: The Broadsheet That Lays Bare Secrets Most Shocking, from your 2009 Spin-a-Yarn, Night of the Dread Pudding?

And if so, can we have more information on her?

And if not, can we have more information on them?

Hmmmm, yeah, can we have more info on this? Maybe some descriptive text?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2016 :  08:02:46  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message
Hi Ed & THO!
Ed, I hope Stormtalons is going well, and I am very, very eager to see what you release on the DM's Guild next month!

Could you shed any light on what farming practices were like around Waterdeep in your home Realms?

I'm trying to fit the sometimes quoted near 2-million population into the region for my own campaign, and I'm hoping that details about farming will help me get an idea of what the region really FEELS like. It's my understanding that about 500,000 of that 2,000,000 are travellers from other lands coming in for the summer, just under 150,000 are city locals, and the remaining million and a bit live in the surrounding region - presumably most of them farmers. Does such a population exist in your home games?

Thanks as always for any portion of your time!

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2016 :  10:22:40  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
STORMTALONS Words of Unbinding, has reached about 125 books pre-ordered but they need to reach 250 in order for it to be printed, so folk make sure to https://onderlibrum.com/product/st01-words-of-unbinding/ and order it. let's encourage Ed in this new venture
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2016 :  23:11:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
This question would be in the 1e/2e and perhaps 3e era...

The Bridge of Fallen Men - is there (or was there) any type of settlement around this? Maybe even a sentry post for Purple Dragons, or some such? I would think something this important someone would want to keep an eye on.

This has gone from 'border area' to 'Cormyr proper' in 5e, so I am sure things have changed (which is why I specified the time period).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000