Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

pure
Acolyte

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Visit pure's Homepage Send pure a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Daily
2)once a week
3)moderetly
4)yes
5)no but i will investigate it
6)yes
7)8.5
Go to Top of Page

Lord Desolation
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  21:44:20  Show Profile  Visit Lord Desolation's Homepage Send Lord Desolation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1: I'm here at least a couple of times a day.
2: At least as many as my first answer.
3: Yes
4: Yes, they are very interesting.
5: Not Realy.
6: Yes
7: I have a high set of standards and would have to rate it at a 9!!!

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."
Go to Top of Page

Jon Grey
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2005 :  00:52:48  Show Profile  Visit Jon Grey's Homepage Send Jon Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Better late than never I suppose
1) How often do you visit this forum?

Probably 3-5 times a week

2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?

The same (3-5 times/wk)

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)

Yes

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?

Yes; I think it's fun, and sometimes clarifies how I look at Realmslore/canon material.

5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?

Haven't yet, but I'm going to start... Sweet.

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?

If something's updated or new to me

7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)

9; I'm impressed with the general civility and understanding of the Realms Fans, and the consistency of dicussion. In addition, the information is fantastic; a well-run site. I hope to stay...

Of all the people that have lied to me/
Bards tend to do it most beautifully. -Rehthan Cotheras, Harper
Go to Top of Page

Prince Forge of Avalon
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2005 :  08:01:05  Show Profile  Visit Prince Forge of Avalon's Homepage Send Prince Forge of Avalon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1 Every day

2 every day, wish tere were more updates

3 extremely intrested- beat realslore available!

4 yes

5 every time i enter forums

6 yes, prety much all catagories

7 10 LUV this site!!

PFoA
Go to Top of Page

Dragon Cultist
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2005 :  09:53:17  Show Profile  Visit Dragon Cultist's Homepage Send Dragon Cultist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
There have been great dry spells when I haven't glimpsed the forum in months. Mainly due to creeping game malaise, sad but true
Lately I've returned and now visit once a week on average.

quote:
About once every month.

quote:
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
Yes. Though IMHO anything past, say, the 3 most recent date/item blocks is superfluous.

quote:
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Not very. I’ve come away with a bit of a bias against most fan creations after reading too much that is either sadly lacking in layout, clashes with established Realms “atmosphere”, or blatantly contradicts or doubles up information that already exists in canon. Some of the worst fan material manages to fit into all three of the above categories. That said, I haven’t more than glanced at the stuff that’s here on Candlekeep. So I guess someday I should give this its day in court.

quote:
Ahem. Hadn’t discovered that function yet. Will snap to it!

quote:
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
Yes, I visit most other categories.

quote:
I give it a 6 1/2 right now. The setup is very nice and the posting being done usually quite courteous. The intent to dig deep into sundry matters Realmsian is a plus.
On the downside, the forum’s appearance is still somewhat…behind the times when compared to some other fantasy-themed forums out there. Perhaps this is because it’s strictly a labors of love project? (Hence, no spiffy look because spiffiness costs money.) If so, I can certainly understand that. Another weak point, to me, is the lack of an “ignore” function. I.e. a function that you can toggle on to screen out a particular member. Yes, in an ideal world there would be no need for such a function. But while the overall civility on Candlekeep is high for the most part, I regularly run into posts that I could do without. Such posts tend to be of the “I’m a [mentally] twelve-year old who’s fixated on deity X, or personal super-character Y…and I let everyone know in virtually every post I make.” Tired sigh.
Please note: From what I’ve seen –and I realize I’ve not been active around here for long- I do think that this forum has the potential to score 9 or higher on this rating!

"And naught will be left save shattered thrones with no rulers.
But the dead dragons shall rule the world entire..."
Go to Top of Page

monch9
Seeker

Poland
67 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2005 :  10:50:53  Show Profile  Visit monch9's Homepage Send monch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

Everyday (more than once a day)
quote:

Once a week.
quote:

Yes.
quote:

Not too keen on Fanfic. It's the canon information (especially the compilation) that I really like.
quote:

I didn't know there was one.
quote:

Practically all except Adventuring/Running the realms.
quote:

Because of the quality of the people here, I'd give it an 9.

Monch
Go to Top of Page

Macresto
Acolyte

Denmark
17 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  11:38:02  Show Profile  Visit Macresto's Homepage Send Macresto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) 2/day
2) 2/day
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) No
6) Yes
7) 9
Go to Top of Page

Grunker
Acolyte

Denmark
37 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2005 :  12:19:07  Show Profile Send Grunker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm new here, but I'll answer as best I can:

1) Every time I turn on my computer, roughly once each day
2) I'd say about once each week
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) No, not really. Propably because I just surf through the site
generally.
6) Yes, actually some more often than this one
7) Content: 10, design: 6-7.

"And on the pedestal these words appear: My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works ye Mighty, and despair!" - Percy Shelley
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2005 :  18:50:59  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So..
1)I visit these forums two times a day
2)I visit the site perhaps once per day
3)yeah im intrested
4)Sometimes. I read them sometimes. IF i see an intresting topic
5)never
6)i visit actually almost everyone
7)9, there's always something to make better

Here ye are
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  20:40:43  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi folks

Just wanted to do a bit of a quick survey, this isnt where id normally post a topic such as this but as this is the most popular forum sub-category then I thought it would be the best place to get everyones attention

We Scribes of Candlekeep are just wondering what usage you all get out of this site and the forum, so If you could please take a moment to answer the following questions then it will be a great help to us:

Thanks for your time.

1. -- Several times a week, usually for more than an hour. I always visit subscribed scrolls when I receive an e-mail of an update.

2. I usually visit just the forums for want of time.

3. I do occasionally note site updates.

4. I am interested in fan-created work which doesn't conflict witht he canon lore. The Realms are vast and we are little.

5 No.

6. I visit many fora.

7. 9+.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Sir Vengeance
Acolyte

42 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  06:07:29  Show Profile  Visit Sir Vengeance's Homepage Send Sir Vengeance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Three times per day or twice per day.
2) When there is something new to draw my attention.
3) Yes
4) Of course.
5) When I need a review of active topics of the moment.
6) Yes, very often.
7) 9

Vengeance is justified on righteous grounds, for righteous vengeance cannot be denied by anybody.
Go to Top of Page

Tylas
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  06:55:20  Show Profile  Visit Tylas's Homepage Send Tylas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
originally posted by Candlekeep webmaster

1) Twice to thrice per week.
2) Quite often
3) Yes
4) Very interested.
5) Not very often
6) yes
7) 9
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  13:52:41  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I visit the site every day, with very few exceptions. I always go to the forum to get an update on the various posts and the debats i have posted myself... I will give the site as a whole the grade 9 because i think the site is as close to perfect as possible, but still with some small, but meaningless drawbacks... The site is great for the purpose it serves and i am happy that i found it and i use it alot in my creations of new adventures for my RPG group.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Decay9
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2005 :  23:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Decay9's Homepage Send Decay9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have only been here a little while, but..

1) How often do you visit this forum?: a few times a day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?: um, once a day, or so.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page): I s'pose so. ^.^
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?: I'm not sure what that means. =/
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?: I think so.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?: yes
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High): 10! ^.^ I have never found a better D&D site.

-
Decay
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  00:17:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Decay9

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?: I'm not sure what that means. =/
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?: I think so.

4) What this means is, are you interested in lore and articles that are unofficial, and were dreamed up or written by fans, in addition to the official, published by TSR/WotC lore?

5) You're not sure? It's a really nifty feature. In the upper right corner of the screen are several links. When you click on the "Active Topics" one, it loads a page showing all the threads that have had activity since your last visit. I, for one, rely on that link.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  00:39:36  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
5) You're not sure? It's a really nifty feature. In the upper right corner of the screen are several links. When you click on the "Active Topics" one, it loads a page showing all the threads that have had activity since your last visit. I, for one, rely on that link.

Indeed. I'd never noticed it until doing this very poll. Since then I've used it pretty much every time I've visited, 'tis most useful.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Decay9
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  00:45:02  Show Profile  Visit Decay9's Homepage Send Decay9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]
4) What this means is, are you interested in lore and articles that are unofficial, and were dreamed up or written by fans, in addition to the official, published by TSR/WotC lore?

Oh! ^.^; Thank you.
Then it would be..

4)yes
5)I will now!

-
Decay
Go to Top of Page

FreezeChaser
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2005 :  02:54:09  Show Profile  Visit FreezeChaser's Homepage Send FreezeChaser a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

1) Thrice to four times a week.
2) 3 times a week
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) 9
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  15:47:44  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1) How often do you visit this forum? 3 or 4 times a day - keeps me sane at work.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Once a day
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Yes, I generally love all improvements to candlekeep, and the addition of any information.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Yes, fans help to create the backdrop that I use in my games, and you can never have too much Canon
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? Yes, it is what I live by!!
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? Yes - the Computer games, the standard D&D and other forums like that.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 9.5.

C-Fb

Long live Candlekeep!

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Kaldar-maaren
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2005 :  02:36:05  Show Profile  Visit Kaldar-maaren's Homepage Send Kaldar-maaren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Answer to the questions:

1) 3-4times a week
2) 3 times per week
3) Yes
4) Of course
5) Yes, when I need quick searches for active topics at the moment
6) Yes, always
7) 9

You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. Don't let yourself indulge in vain wishes.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2005 :  05:11:39  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, now that I've been here six months and had the privlage of Alaundo posting my work in various sections of the keep (an honor that I am very pleased to have bestowed on me, by the way), I guess I should do my duty and actually fill out this particular list of requested information.

Usually every day, though sometimes during my "long week" at work I am off for a day or two before I check in.

Just about every time that I check into the forums, though again, on my "full week" I often just do a quick in and out and don't spend much time looking at the general site itself.

Yes, I think its a great way to call attention to things that I might not otherwise have found on my own.

Yes definately. My fellow scribes have some great ideas, and even if I don't use their ideas wholesale, often their ideas on things spark my imagination and help me to come up with new material of my own.

Sometimes, but usually I just wait to see if the forums that I subscribe to have notified me in my e-mail, as I am subscribed to nearly everything.

Oh yes, often, especially the WOTC core products, news, and author's threads.

9, but only becuase I never give anything a 10, lest the drive to improve be taken away . . .
Go to Top of Page

Cyric-The-Insane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2005 :  18:26:57  Show Profile  Visit Cyric-The-Insane's Homepage Send Cyric-The-Insane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whenever I need inspiration or information for a campaign im running.

Sometimes 30 times a week.. or 0 times a month depends..

Please Update this site Its the only DnD forum I go to. (IE my favorite)

YES!

Nope.

Yup Visit all categories.

9.7 I can always get a reply on this forum within a few hours with amazing answers. Its amazing.

the 0.3 was lost because this forum hasn't yes submitted to the will of the "True one"
Go to Top of Page

The Freak
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  13:55:19  Show Profile  Visit The Freak's Homepage Send The Freak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the Candlekeep Webmaster

1) 3 times each week, five times when I am free.

2) Twice each week.

3) Always.

4) Sometimes when I need a quick search of fan created latest articles

5) Yes

6) Yes

7) 9

The raging freak is an unstoppable force...
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  14:14:40  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My turn now...

1.- How often do you visit this forum?
Once a day
2.- How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
Once a day too.
3.- Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
Of course!
4.- Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Sure!
5.- Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
How to live without it!!!!!!
6.- Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
I visit the whole categories of those forums.
7.- How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)
quote:
9, but only becuase I never give anything a 10, lest the drive to improve be taken away . . .

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  00:23:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surprisingly, it appears I've never answered these questions, myself...

Many times a day.

Whenever Big Al updates it, or if I'm looking for something. Not as oft as I should, I guess.

Oh yes. I like checking out the new stuff.

I'm the editor and a contributor for the Candlekeep Compendium. 'Nuff said.

Every time I visit the site, I use the Active Topics.

Ooh, we can talk about novels over here?
I visit all but the IC threads. Somehow, IC stuff just doesn't interest me.

I think Big Al would beat me severely if I said anything but 10.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  01:46:22  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just like Wooly, I've never answered these questions, myself...

Probably once a day, twice or more if I'm procrastinating.

Regrettably, not too often, as time here eats up any of that copious spare time away from projects.

Sure; ping us here to remind us to go to the Home Page, those laggards like myself who don't remember to check....so you could be saying all sorts of things about me there and I'd not know...

Sure; after all, isn't that where we all started anyway?

Every time; unless it's a topic I've printed out and reminded myself about, I tend to rely on that Active Topics button heavily.

With the exception of folks' home campaigns and the general intro notices, I'll scan everything and peek in on topics of interest.

I don't think I'm biased by stating this site is definitely a 10.

Steven
Who joined about the time he started on BLACKSTAFF but intends to stay on because of the camaraderie

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  02:06:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Sure; ping us here to remind us to go to the Home Page, those laggards like myself who don't remember to check....so you could be saying all sorts of things about me there and I'd not know...

Ah, now we have a place to talk about Steven!

quote:

Steven
Who joined about the time he started on BLACKSTAFF but intends to stay on because of the camaraderie

We're all glad to have you, Steven.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  02:19:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Steven

We're all glad to have you, Steven.

Very much so . Where would my early Cormanthyr-based campaigns have been without Sage Schend's useful Realmslore tidbits...

Oh, Steven... I love the new avatar. 'Tis more you than you've ever been here .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 07 Sep 2005 02:21:09
Go to Top of Page

the obsolete
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  12:58:59  Show Profile  Visit the obsolete's Homepage Send the obsolete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? i will be checking it out more frequently. now that i have joined.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? once a week.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) i cant say that i have looked.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? depends on the subject
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? no
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? i am new. so i will check out everything for now.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 8
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  22:36:43  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) 1st time, but I plan to come back
2) every few months, but I never noticed you had a forum
3) if its realmsian, of course I am.
4) yep
5) ?? active topics?
6) I figure I won't have much time for much beyond the general, but if this is like the realms-l list I used to be on I expect a ton of info.
7) 10 - candlekeep has ALWAYS been the site where I could either find what I wanted or find where I needed to go for things realmsian

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000