Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What do you want to see on the Candlekeep site?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2002 :  21:01:33  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This post is to ask visitors to the site what you would like to see devloped next at Candlekeep. Are there any new sections you wish to have created or anything current that you think should be changed or expanded? Your input is essential to help us provide a resource for the Forgotten Realms campiagn setting.

Please post your suggestions here and tell us what you would like to see.

Thanks for your time and thanks for your continued support of the site.

Rad
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2002 :  19:54:06  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to have a new design of the website. You have had this design for awhile now, could be fun with something new.

With each post i grow wiser and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2002 :  09:16:50  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a feeling that someone would say that
Ive always thought about changing the site design, but with the site having such a huge number of pages, it would be extrememly time consuming. However, almost all of the site is done in HTML, I intend to cut this down considerably, especially in the Hall of Heroes and Tethtorils Bookshelf by use of a single ASP page retrieving the information from a database. This would benefit in many ways and make a lot of the most lengthy tasks much more efficient and managable.
We get a lot of email and guestbook entries from visitors who love the site design as it is........ so if it aint broke...

Still, I guess it will have to change at some point, im sure it will begin to look very dated soon enough.

....so one day Solmyr, but dont hold your breath just yet

Rad
Candlekeep Webmaster

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2002 :  09:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way...I LOVE the forum...it's good to be connected to other gamers....particularly to Faerunians....(is that a word...?)

Anyway, I think it would be great to see some of the FR authors interviews on-site. I don't know how possible this is without risking the dreaded onslaught of the copyright-infringement demoliches, but it would be nice to compare the way Candlekeep's readers interpret FR works alongside the actual author's point of view...as I know that near to all the FR novels out there have a LITTLE something floating around in cyberspace by the authors concerning the books.

Once again, thanks for keeping the forum open and as mega-useful as it has been...even in the short time it has been up.

"Wine is only sweet to happy men." Keats
Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2002 :  11:22:30  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you like the forum Arion. We hope that it continues to grow and attracts many members to discuss Realms topics. Its been a long time coming but finally the forums are up and running (phew!).

In reply to your post, there are author interviews on the Wizards web site, which of course we wouldnt dare to touch for fears to the greater powers coming down on us and crumbing the great library to dust! If authors were to contact us directly to discuss their latest work or whatever, then we would gladly conduct an interview

Rad
Candlekeep Webmaster

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2002 :  20:07:04  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This forum is great, but on the site I think it would e great if you had countrie maps, and pictures of the new cities

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Solmyr
Seeker

Sweden
78 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  15:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Solmyr's Homepage Send Solmyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, maps are something the site is lacking.

With each post i grow wiser and with added wisdom I grow stronger.
Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  15:35:58  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We do have a redesign on the "Map Room" scheduled on our huge task list, but unfortunately we have to be very wary of what we put up there. There are many FR maps available since WotC changed their FR pages on their site to include regular updates, however obviously due to copyright issues we cannot include these on our site and can only rely on maps which have been created by fans. And really we cant see that happening as what would be the point in recreating a map of somewhere which is already available officially.

Custom maps or other locations of the Realms which have not been covered in detail are very welcome, so if you have anything maybe from a home campaign then please send it in to the Library Scribe library@candlekeep.com

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  19:44:57  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YTOu could write your own maps.

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Go to Top of Page

KlarthAilerion
Acolyte

49 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  05:19:47  Show Profile  Visit KlarthAilerion's Homepage Send KlarthAilerion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

I had a feeling that someone would say that
Ive always thought about changing the site design, but with the site having such a huge number of pages, it would be extrememly time consuming. However, almost all of the site is done in HTML, I intend to cut this down considerably, especially in the Hall of Heroes and Tethtorils Bookshelf by use of a single ASP page retrieving the information from a database.

If you're going to eventually add ASP support, I'd throw out
the suggestion to incorporate CSS stylesheets as well.. you
can make some pretty nice formatting code with CSS. Works
especially well for databased sites if you have Server Side
Include capability.
Go to Top of Page

Rekindin
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  22:14:53  Show Profile  Visit Rekindin's Homepage Send Rekindin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like a FR chat, unless this is strictly a forum site(which is perfectly well with me, the forums are great)also maybe you could have an online D&D game.............but it would problably be to much time and work though.......

Please let me be your good part of your day
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2003 :  20:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. Alaundo and the others get the shakes when we suggest such things . . . .

Anyway, they said they'd look into those, and out came the Inn. Don't know about the others.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2003 :  22:02:04  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A chat could be fun. We are often more than 3 on the site at the same time especially during some hours (eng?)
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2003 :  00:22:27  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah a chat would be cool. But what about if you added something more for RPGing like the Inn except use different cities like Waterdeep or something so that people can have an adventure? (or something along those lines.) even though this is candlekeep it might be interesting to see what kind of things people would do within cities like that. (Just a thought).

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2003 :  17:02:06  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A chat would be nice.........,but that would mess the whole forum idea up..don't you think?

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2003 :  02:12:51  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regarding chatting, can't those who have YIM, AIM, ICQ, MSN already chat with each other? I realize it's not built into the forums, but maybe doing that would be reinventing the wheel.

I'm not sure if the following should be in this forum or the "Help at the Inn" forum.

Regarding the Inn, I wouldn't mind seeing a forum for OOC comments about what is happening in the Inn. Maybe the "Help at the Inn" forum is intended to be used for that, but the description doesn't make it sound like that's what it's for.
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2003 :  02:31:19  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe we could have something like the inn, except people can buddy up and go on a quest or something....

Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2003 :  03:36:51  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dantrag:
quote:
Maybe we could have something like the inn, except people can buddy up and go on a quest or something....

Yasraena made that suggestion in the Help at the Inn Forum and Alaundo seemed to imply they'd try to check into it.
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  03:52:51  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dantrag

A chat would be nice.........,but that would mess the whole forum idea up..don't you think?

I like the idea of having a chat on the site; I know that I have hard enough time trying to find a good IC chat on the web. A serious one, that is. I don't think that it would ruin the forum, as long as they are kept seperate.

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2003 :  17:57:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see a forum where people could chat about non-FR related topics. I think that would be quite enjoyable. Or perhaps just another forum where other WotC worlds, could be discussed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2003 :  20:25:03  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage of Perth, there are entire other websites devoted to non-FR (A)D&D. The forums at 3rdedition.org are a good place to discuss non-FR (and FR) D20 stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2003 :  03:08:57  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These are the best FR forums on the internet... ,and I now don't think we should have a chat...i think it is a great thing to have to wait for an answer. Also we wouldn't have an atavar. I just don't think it would comprehend with the forums.
It would be utter chaos!!!! The chatters and the forumers would wage war!!!!

* Dantrag wipes the sweat from his head. Then too embarrassed to talk, he mumbles something that you can hardly hear*
Perhaps i've gone mad

Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2003 :  03:36:58  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a brillant thought... why not get Alaundo or one of his staff to play the monsters on the adventure inn deal????!!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2003 :  14:23:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't really see Alaundo portraying some type of snarling monster or beast ready to pounce and attack unweary folk on their way to the Candlekeep inn .

Although, with the amount of work Alaundo has given the Bookwyrm here at the library, I would think perhaps, that the Bookwyrm may be of a differing opinion .

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2003 :  16:22:35  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He certainly has some interesting curse spells . . . .

Bookwyrm tries to shake off the feather duster, but it won't detatch from his skin.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2003 :  19:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes , yes... Bookwyrm i had a short absense and didn't realize you became a 'Senior Scribe'... has Zemd become one also?

Go to Top of Page

Fibura Gauntlet
Seeker

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  15:44:34  Show Profile  Visit Fibura Gauntlet's Homepage Send Fibura Gauntlet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see the al-Qadim area, mooted on the Upcoming Features page, come to fruition. I've always been entranced by the Land of Fate, but I can see how it's not exactly vital to Candlekeep.

Also, since I'll be a while working my way through the Campaign Journals, which are what drew me back to the site having once passed through, I suppose that I had better resist the tempation to say "More please!"

- Fibura Gauntlet
A scrib(bl)e on the margins of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  19:57:00  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Campaigns of course

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  08:17:34  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Instead of starting a new post I thought I would just use this one.Its not so much something new but I think the Sword Coast map link in the Campaign Mapper Files needs to be fixed as it has been a bad link for a long time and I would like to donate a picture for the Descent to Undermountain (if the Libary is interested).I haven't got the game yet but I did recieve confirmation that it has shipped and it is New, never opened.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  18:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

Instead of starting a new post I thought I would just use this one.Its not so much something new but I think the Sword Coast map link in the Campaign Mapper Files needs to be fixed as it has been a bad link for a long time and I would like to donate a picture for the Descent to Undermountain (if the Libary is interested).I haven't got the game yet but I did recieve confirmation that it has shipped and it is New, never opened.

What?! A missing tome?! Someone hasnt been doing their job around he.....er.... ahem, ill investigate this right away!

..and we would greatly appreciate said picture of Descent into Undermountain, William of Waterdeep, along with any other additional information which you could provide. Thank you

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  18:36:27  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is my pleasure Alaundo!! I will do anything I can to help since
Candle Keep has been such a benifit to myself and others.I will contact you by Email for arrangement of the picture once I recieve the game.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000