Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2005 :  15:01:21  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sigonan

Greetings one and all!
A small sized young half-elf enters the room. He wears a purple wrinkled robe and a red flat hat that sometimes falls in his eyes. He speaks cheerily but seriously...
I have already posted once and have been welcomed by Alaundo and many kind visitors (although i could use an explanation as to why my postings remain to zero).
I have been reading about the Realms for some years and recently decided to get out of the books and start the most famous profession, that of adventuring(as you well understand, my magical services are a valueble help to fighting orcs or even less...heroic actions).
Of course, before that happens I must needs extend my magical and historical knowledge. What comes first in mind?? I sure hope to share my experiences and learn from the others and of course scav...eeh I mean retrieve some of the knowledge of the prized books of Candlekeep.

Well met once again, Sigonan

Thy posts do not get counted in the Welcome section of Candlekeep, nor in the Inn. Everywhere else where lore is shared, goes towards thy ranking amongst the Avowed

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Sariss Eldariss
Acolyte

Lesotho
11 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2005 :  21:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Sariss Eldariss's Homepage Send Sariss Eldariss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met master Alaundo,
I have travelled far and wide to find this library, the only official guide to the realms. I hope to be able to increase my knowledge of this world in which we live.

Light laughter and sweet water until next,

Sariss Eldariss

Edited by - Sariss Eldariss on 09 Feb 2005 21:44:45
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2005 :  22:16:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Sariss Eldariss, and welcome to Candlekeep

Oh thou shalt certainly increase thy knowledge herein Take a look through our many scrolls and tomes within the library and also ask the knowledgable scribes to aid ye in thy quest for Realmslore ('ware, for some are known to play pranks and could lead thee astray with idle banter ).

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2005 :  12:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am new around here. I have been keeping an eye on Faerun since the Old Grey Box, but have only recently started running FR games.

I am a fan of the setting, and hope to spend some good times on this forum in the years to come.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2005 :  21:08:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Snotlord, welcome to Candlekeep

Ahhh the old grey box, a fine collection of lore indeed

Enjoy thy stay herein.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

fitz
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2005 :  17:11:54  Show Profile  Visit fitz's Homepage Send fitz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello
I am french, so if you don't understand that i writte
so i am 17 years old
i live in france, more precisly in britain
i read fantasy's book

it's for me the first series i read in english
i think, it will be dificult but i am very motivated

and if somebody want to help for my english i agree to speak with him or her

maxime4819@hotmail.com

it's my email (msn)
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2005 :  18:18:48  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bienvenue à Candlekeep! Sentez-vous libre pour visiter la Cuisine de Faerie pour de la grande nourriture!*

*Translation - Welcome to Candlekeep! Feel free to visit the Faerie Kitchen for some great food!

I'm so worldly! Heehee

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

fitz
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2005 :  23:02:23  Show Profile  Visit fitz's Homepage Send fitz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you speak french?
or it's a translation by software

i do a little with this to
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2005 :  23:30:06  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You caught me, it was a software translation.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

fitz
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2005 :  06:21:36  Show Profile  Visit fitz's Homepage Send fitz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try to use it the least possible

but me too, I make use of it
Go to Top of Page

Drizzt Fan
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2005 :  03:40:29  Show Profile  Visit Drizzt Fan's Homepage Send Drizzt Fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey I'm new here everyone, I was looking for a place for in-character-role-playing threads for Forgotten Realms, and I seem to have found them. Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone

P.S. Can you use custom Avatars on here or do you have to stick with the ones on here?

Glory to the elves and their platinum dragons
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2005 :  09:05:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drizzt Fan

Hey I'm new here everyone, I was looking for a place for in-character-role-playing threads for Forgotten Realms, and I seem to have found them. Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone

P.S. Can you use custom Avatars on here or do you have to stick with the ones on here?

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep, Drizzt Fan

Certainly, simply send me thine avatar and i'll get it applied to thy profile.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  17:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Savat khavar and warm greetings. I am new to this world. I hail from Aethalos, a newly found and, unfortunately, quite lifeless world. I was working on that world when the damned Link suddenly sucked me in and brought me here. Good thing I've enough of a presence to keep working on Aethalos. Since I'm here, might as well make the best of it and learn about this world.

Playing a winged dwarf with acrophobia is fun.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2005 :  10:27:26  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Rhezarnos

Welcome to Candlekeep. Aethalos eh? Hmmmm, this location doesn't ring a bell with me ::unrolls map of Toril::

Enjoy thy stay, there is much Realmslore here to keep ye busy for many tendays.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Rhezarnos
Learned Scribe

Malaysia
131 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  01:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Rhezarnos's Homepage Send Rhezarnos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met, Rhezarnos

Welcome to Candlekeep. Aethalos eh? Hmmmm, this location doesn't ring a bell with me ::unrolls map of Toril::

Enjoy thy stay, there is much Realmslore here to keep ye busy for many tendays.

*chuckles* Aethalos is not on Toril. 'Tis a newly discovered (and empty) world me and my...associates discovered.

Playing a winged dwarf with acrophobia is fun.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  05:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to all forum members, my humble greetings to all. I am Vorian Volaeron, hailing from the last remaining city of the Netheril Empire, the city is in the plane of Shadow. Otherwise,other people may call me a Shadovar, which meant a citizen of Shade Enclave. I am a rebel of the current existing Shade monarchy and one of the 500 shades of Shade enclave. But a good one like Drizzt Do' Urden. So do not mistake me as one of the evil shades of the Shade Enclave.
Laughable or blasphermorous you might think of me but up to one to decide.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Nevorick
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  23:08:07  Show Profile  Visit Nevorick's Homepage Send Nevorick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met to all present, I greet you as a friend, and a humble seeker of knowledge. I am known as Nevorick Julahasa, a bard from the City of Splendors, Waterdeep. I just wanted to come forward and say hello to the many residents and visitors of Candlekeep.

Humbly yours,

Nevorick Julahasa, bard of Waterdeep

"What happens in Waterdeep, stays in Waterdeep."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  23:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nevorick

Well met to all present, I greet you as a friend, and a humble seeker of knowledge. I am known as Nevorick Julahasa, a bard from the City of Splendors, Waterdeep. I just wanted to come forward and say hello to the many residents and visitors of Candlekeep.

Humbly yours,

Nevorick Julahasa, bard of Waterdeep

Well met, Nevorick

A seeker of knowledge eh? Well thou art in the right place...wall to wall of Realmslore to keep ye occupied for many many years

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Solomon
Acolyte

New Zealand
23 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  11:25:32  Show Profile  Visit Solomon's Homepage Send Solomon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and well met to one and to all.

I am Solomon, a Seeker. It is an honor, a pleasure and a privelige to be back here within these hallowed halls of knowledge, and eagerly look forward to perusing the finest and most comprehensive collection of writings on the face of Faerun. I thank Alaundo, all the Avowed, the Readers, the Keeper of the Tomes and all others who work in the interest of Candlekeep for their generous hospitality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any purpose, and I will try to respond as efficiently as possible.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2005 :  17:22:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Solomon

Greetings and well met to one and to all.

I am Solomon, a Seeker. It is an honor, a pleasure and a privelige to be back here within these hallowed halls of knowledge, and eagerly look forward to perusing the finest and most comprehensive collection of writings on the face of Faerun. I thank Alaundo, all the Avowed, the Readers, the Keeper of the Tomes and all others who work in the interest of Candlekeep for their generous hospitality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any purpose, and I will try to respond as efficiently as possible.

Well met, Solomon.

Welcome to Candlekeep. 'tis a pleasure to have ye join us, I look forward to hearing of thy tales and the lore which ye bring to share

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Accursed
Acolyte

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2005 :  10:58:32  Show Profile  Visit Accursed's Homepage Send Accursed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to one and all. I am Accursed. I am a long time fan of the realms, I can remember when Darkwalker over Moonshae came out. I have been looking for a place to discuss the novels of the realms for a while and I am very glad to have found this site. See you in the trenches.

I would also like to express my gratitude to Alaundo for his help and patiance in getting me registered. Your a gentleman as well as a scholar!

Change is neither good nor evil, it just is.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2005 :  15:30:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Accursed. I hope you enjoy your stay at Candlekeep. It is nice to have a place to discuss the novels.

Take a look around and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask Alaundo or anyone else. The folks here are very helpful.

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2005 :  23:38:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Accursed

Welcome indeed to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein and find much Realmslore to keep ye occupied for many a tenday

I'm always here to help, feel free to ask.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

JuanHaro
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  02:06:01  Show Profile  Visit JuanHaro's Homepage Send JuanHaro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to all. I am new to candle keep forums. I have been looking for some sort of data base / web page were I may be able to contact other players that are intrested in playing forgottrn Realms D&D 3.0 in Person near my area. If Anyone has any information please contact me at JuanHaro00@aol.com. Looking to Join a group or start one. Thank you

Juan A. Haro Avila
Go to Top of Page

Fenian
Acolyte

Japan
6 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  06:48:41  Show Profile  Visit Fenian's Homepage Send Fenian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to everyone, I am new here and I have been a fan of Faerun for at least 2 years.Again greetings to everyone.

Get in, do the job, get out. If they're lucky, they won't know I'm there. If not, they'll wish I wasn't."

Fenian Lostsoul
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  06:50:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fenian

Hello to everyone, I am new here and I have been a fan of Faerun for at least 2 years.Again greetings to everyone.

Welcome Fenian,

I hope you enjoy your stay at Candlekeep. Take a look around and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them.

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  09:08:45  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Gack Two new scribes wandering around the halls that appear to have escaped my attention. Apologies for the late appearance...welcome to Candlekeep JuanHaro and Fenian. Enjoy thy stay herein, for there are many tomes of Realmslore to keep ye occupied for a lonnnnnnng time

If I can be of any assistance then please contact me.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Fenian
Acolyte

Japan
6 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2005 :  13:02:45  Show Profile  Visit Fenian's Homepage Send Fenian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome, is nice to be in a nice forum like this.

Get in, do the job, get out. If they're lucky, they won't know I'm there. If not, they'll wish I wasn't."

Fenian Lostsoul
Go to Top of Page

Rezuri
Acolyte

Canada
0 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  00:08:24  Show Profile  Visit Rezuri's Homepage Send Rezuri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello. I am new

~My favourite colour is beyond your visible spectrum!

http://rezuri.deviantart.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  00:20:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rezuri

Hello. I am new

Welcome Rezuri to Candlekeep,

I hope you enjoy your stay. Take a look around and see what you think of the place. If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000