Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Silvfana
Acolyte

Finland
20 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2004 :  10:46:56  Show Profile  Visit Silvfana's Homepage Send Silvfana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's propably true...

Finland is such a small country it would be a miracle if anyone outside Finland would speak Finnish...

Edited by - Alaundo on 29 Sep 2004 11:29:31
Go to Top of Page

Aleta_Delryn
Acolyte

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  08:46:08  Show Profile  Visit Aleta_Delryn's Homepage Send Aleta_Delryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

My name is Aleta_Delryn
I've never been on a forum before- so I don't really know what to do, but I thought it would be best if I introuced myself before doing anything else so

Greetings

If at first I don't succeed...the wife won't let me forget
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  13:32:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aleta_Delryn

Greetings

My name is Aleta_Delryn
I've never been on a forum before- so I don't really know what to do, but I thought it would be best if I introuced myself before doing anything else so

Greetings

Aleta Delryn,

Well met. I hope you enjoy your stay at Candlekeep. Take a look around and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page

Aleta_Delryn
Acolyte

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  23:18:00  Show Profile  Visit Aleta_Delryn's Homepage Send Aleta_Delryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank-you for a very warm welcome
I'll be asking a lot of question (typical teens with endless questions)
so I hope you don't get sick of me

Go to Top of Page

Aleta_Delryn
Acolyte

Australia
38 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  02:49:46  Show Profile  Visit Aleta_Delryn's Homepage Send Aleta_Delryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wondered if anyone could anwser me a few questions about the Forgotten Realms computer games?

Icewind Dale:
When I'm in Kuldahar & I come back from the Vale of Shadows, I can't talk to Arundel. He's got nothing to say to me. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in that patricular bit?

Baldur's Gate 2 Shadow of Amn:
When I'm in the Planar Sphere, my character is a fighter-mage & I have the Sphere & the De'Arnise Keep as my Strongholds, I try to do the last event (a messanger tells me to go back to the Sphere) when Teos arrives & realises we've been set up, nothing happens. We're supposed to be attacked, but all that happens is some serious confusion on my side. What's happened there?

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
Thank-you to all who try to answer my questions

Go to Top of Page

Lady
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  16:54:22  Show Profile  Visit Lady's Homepage Send Lady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ello again Aleta :D *grins* Tis the crazy Dragon peeking her head in to say hello to everyone !
*has been cooped up in a cage drawing all through the night*

hehehe DEM set me free for alittle while from our writing and my sketching for her so I thought I would pop in here and say hi to everyone! so Ellos!
Lady
Go to Top of Page

Neil
Learned Scribe

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  21:28:51  Show Profile  Visit Neil's Homepage Send Neil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, well I'm Neil, a longtime student of Realmslore. Popping in to visit this academy of learning, and perhaps to share a little myself.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2004 :  21:52:06  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neil

Alright, well I'm Neil, a longtime student of Realmslore. Popping in to visit this academy of learning, and perhaps to share a little myself.

Welcome Neil. I hope you enjoy your stay at Candlekeep.

Take a look around and if you have any questions don't hesitate to give a shout.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  13:23:25  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Noble Scholars, I offer to you my sincerest greetings and hope that we may reward each other with gifts of knowledge.

That's the flowery greeting out of the way.

Hello,

I am mostly active on www.menzoberranzan.net but in my journeys around the Internet I have often found your boards and frequently found many topics of interest. It's time I registered and explored these boards further.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  13:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

Oh Noble Scholars, I offer to you my sincerest greetings and hope that we may reward each other with gifts of knowledge.

Hello,

I am mostly active on www.menzoberranzan.net but in my journeys around the Internet I have often found your boards and frequently found many topics of interest. It's time I registered and explored these boards further.

Well met, Kiaransalyn, and welcome to Candlekeep.

I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein and find much knowledge and Realmslore within these halls

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  14:22:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello,

Greetings to you Kiaransalyn, and welcome to Candlekeep .

I am the Sage, an sometimes curious and always bumbling gnome from... wait... strike that, and reverse it... , here... this is more accurate... an always curious and sometimes bumbling gnome from Sigil, the City of Doors.

Now, these gifts of knowledge you speak of, are they merely words... or is there some substance to this...?

::The Sage rubs his wrinkled hands in eager anticipation of the glorious knowledge that is to come... ::

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  16:29:13  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your friendly greetings.

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Now, these gifts of knowledge you speak of, are they merely words... or is there some substance to this...?

::The Sage rubs his wrinkled hands in eager anticipation of the glorious knowledge that is to come... ::

As I did say in my introduction I have spent some time in Menzoberranzan and know somewhat of that city and its ruling culture. Although a learned one from Sigil has access to many doors that lead into vaster areas than those lands through which I have walked.

I am sure we can exchange knowledge, although I fear that the quality of yours may far exceed my own, but maybe this is not the place to carry out such a trade. I have heard rumour of an Inn. What news of that? And of its wine? For the exchange of knowledge is best assisted with a few drinks so I have heard.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  15:42:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

For the exchange of knowledge is best assisted with a few drinks so I have heard.

Indeed .

As it happens, I've recently come into possession (through a dwarven friend of mine who just happens to trade in exotic beverages of many types and colours) of a rare and completely sealed case of 'Untherian Fire Ice', an liquor of acquired taste that has only recently seen resumed production, in light of the current troubles visited upon the lands of the South.

What say you join me in the Inn, and we'll share both a taste, and a tale or three...?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2004 :  22:53:25  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to all! I am Gray Richardson and I have been a long time lurker among the scrolls of Candlekeep. I am an avid poster over on the boards at the Wizards of the Coast Forgotten Realms & Planescape forums and some of you may know me from over there.

I am an ardent admirer of the Realms and also an old Planescape buff and find myself particularly enamored of the planes of Faerun's Great Tree and things cosmological.

I hope I can contribute to the fine discussions that take place here with the odd question or comment and just wanted to say "Hi" to everybody.

Cheers,
Gray
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2004 :  10:26:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

Greetings to all! I am Gray Richardson and I have been a long time lurker among the scrolls of Candlekeep. I am an avid poster over on the boards at the Wizards of the Coast Forgotten Realms & Planescape forums and some of you may know me from over there.

I am an ardent admirer of the Realms and also an old Planescape buff and find myself particularly enamored of the planes of Faerun's Great Tree and things cosmological.

I hope I can contribute to the fine discussions that take place here with the odd question or comment and just wanted to say "Hi" to everybody.

Cheers,
Gray

Well met, Gray Richardson, and welcome to Candlekeep

Oh, thou art sure to find many tomes and scrolls on the cosmology of the Realms and other information on the planes. There is much Realmslore within these halls and many knowledgable scribes herein to aid thee in thy quest.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Tahinimoon
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2004 :  21:32:25  Show Profile  Visit Tahinimoon's Homepage Send Tahinimoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Greetings Alaundo, well I made it here. (Wiping brow) This site is huge. ;) Perhaps some help please? What do you suggest I do to start becoming involved? Where can I get a good pic to represent my character? Can I begin simply by being a half elf? My favorite character is a Sorceress. But until I get accustomed to things round here perhaps I should start off simply. So many questions perhaps you could email me with suggestions? Tahinimoon@yahoo.com

Salutations,
Tahinimoon
Go to Top of Page

Kiarin DAleshan
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

12 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2004 :  21:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Kiarin DAleshan's Homepage Send Kiarin DAleshan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Tahinimoon. ^^ It's easy to find an avatar- there are sites with numerous D&D character thumbnails, or if you have Photoshop (or another program like it), you can simply make your own by modifying a picture. These should be submitted to the webmaster for change, if I remember correctly.

The Inn itself is the main Role Playing area if you'd care to join us there, but the rest of the board is mostly for questions and comments about FR adventures, products and the like. Currently, Capn Charlie, Talwyn, and PDK are making use of the Adventures board for a Play by Board campaign.

Welcome again to the boards.

Kiarin D'Aleshan
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

"This is an inn, not a tavern, m'lord!"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2004 :  23:04:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Tahinimoon and indeed welcome to Candlekeep.

Aye these halls of knowledge are vast, and i'm sure many a tome of Realmslore will keep thee occupied for quite some time

Heed Kiarin DAleshan, for she is wise in her words (and she serves a good ale ).

If I can be of any assistance, then please just holler (just not too loud, this is a library after all )

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Loriel
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2004 :  07:54:17  Show Profile  Visit Loriel's Homepage Send Loriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greeting from a long-time lurker, first-time register-er. I have to say this is the best place I've seen for Realms lore!
Go to Top of Page

Silvfana
Acolyte

Finland
20 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2004 :  08:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Silvfana's Homepage Send Silvfana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First to welcome you here, it seems

I hope you enjoy your stay in here! And once again, welcome!

And like marked pages in a diary
Everything seemed clean that is unstained
The incoherent talk of ordinary days
Why should we really need to live

Opeth - Ghost of Perdition
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2004 :  12:17:09  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Loriel

Greeting from a long-time lurker, first-time register-er. I have to say this is the best place I've seen for Realms lore!

Well met, Loriel and welcome to Candlekeep.

Indeed there are many scrolls and tomes of Realmslore herein, and many a knowledgable scribe

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Ebony Veneer
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  16:39:45  Show Profile  Visit Ebony Veneer's Homepage Send Ebony Veneer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations fellow scholars,

I am very new to this and I hope you will indulge my curiosity as I explore the realms. Inquisitive in nature I tend to ask many questions and challenge many ideas, but always in a good natured way. Thank for allowing me the honor of introducing myself.

Be well,

Ebony

If I have to explain myself what is the point of doing something that makes no sense?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  16:46:30  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Veneer

Salutations fellow scholars,

I am very new to this and I hope you will indulge my curiosity as I explore the realms. Inquisitive in nature I tend to ask many questions and challenge many ideas, but always in a good natured way. Thank for allowing me the honor of introducing myself.

Be well,

Ebony

Well met, Ebony Veneer, and welcome to Candlekeep, our most humble library of Realmslore

I hope ye will find many tomes to keep ye interested within these halls, and that ye meet many friendly and knowledgable scribes.

If I can be of any assistance, then please feel free to contact me.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Ljosa
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2004 :  15:09:42  Show Profile  Visit Ljosa's Homepage Send Ljosa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Description: You see a meduim height human woman with slightly elven features. Her skin is fair and her hair is black... with grey highlights. As tradition holds, upon the left side of her face is set the mark of her tribe. (she is Njordkona... a Northwoman) As circumstances have unfolded, she also has a prominant scar running across her face... fully from one side to the other. Ljosa is wearing green leafed, leather armor and a scimitar hangs at her side. Over this the gytha (northman druidess... priestess...) wears a black cloak and a somewhat tattered satchel hangs at her side opposite the scimitar.

She bows to Alaundo.

"Greetings venerable Alaundo, Seer of Candlekeep."

"I am Ljosa Svinasdottir... senior druidess of the Moonshea conclave."

"I am a shephardess of Jannath... the Mother."

"I have traveled to this place to seek knowledge of the Realms... for we of the Sheas keep much to ourselves and thus know little about the lands outside our blessed islands."

"But times are changing... and thus certain of us seek an understanding of our utlander neighbors and thier ways."

Ljosa bows once more to Alaundo.

"May Jannath hold you in the palm of her hand"

My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view.

Edited by - Ljosa on 24 Dec 2004 15:14:54
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2004 :  16:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Ljosa

Indeed, welcome to Candlekeep. Thou art sure to find much knowledge and Realmslore herein amongst the many tomes and scrolls on these shelves.

Enjoy thy stay. If I can be of any assistance, please just holler (just not too loud, this is a library after all)

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Vecna
Acolyte

Turkey
8 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  12:35:53  Show Profile  Visit Vecna's Homepage Send Vecna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail to thee fellow Sages.. As we all know, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER..
I have cometh to seek knowledge here.
I normally reside in the Cage.. Errr The City of Doors. The Sigil I mean.
after a little slight disagreement with the Lady (of pain). I have to lay low for a while.. I thought visiting the greatest library of you primes have to offer, would be interesting.
As an enterence fee, I can part with this Volume of Introduction to the Theory of Magic. It offers an alternative spell casting methods for you primer mages... I know how difficult memorising can be.. Expecially on higher Circle Spells.. 8-9... (Ill soon have it posted "alternative spellcasting")
Im hoping to see you again soon. As I now must study these interesting volumes..

IF THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH, THERE IS NO DEATH.
AND IF DEATH DOES NOT EXIST, WE DO NOT LIVE.
Go to Top of Page

catti_drizzt
Acolyte

Australia
0 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  15:07:00  Show Profile  Visit catti_drizzt's Homepage Send catti_drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to one and all
Allow me to introduce myself...I am Catti_Drizzt, and a huge fan of FR. This site is amazing, congrats on a job well done. This is my first post, but i've been coming to the library for ages to seek knowledge of the realms!
So now that my mission is accomplished i shall head off to my chambers.
Well met to you all.
Have a nice day
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  18:50:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Catti_drizzt,

Always nice to meet another fan of the FR. Welcome to Candlekeep. Take a look around and feel free to ask myself or any other scribe any question you might have.

Enjoy your stay,

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2005 :  22:53:09  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by catti_drizzt

Greetings to one and all
Allow me to introduce myself...I am Catti_Drizzt, and a huge fan of FR. This site is amazing, congrats on a job well done. This is my first post, but i've been coming to the library for ages to seek knowledge of the realms!
So now that my mission is accomplished i shall head off to my chambers.
Well met to you all.
Have a nice day

Well met, catti_drizzt and welcome to Candlekeep.

Thank ye for the kind words on the library. I hope thy stay is an enjoyable one and that ye have many tales of adventure to share with us

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Sigonan
Acolyte

Greece
19 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2005 :  12:54:33  Show Profile Send Sigonan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings one and all!
A small sized young half-elf enters the room. He wears a purple wrinkled robe and a red flat hat that sometimes falls in his eyes. He speaks cheerily but seriously...
I have already posted once and have been welcomed by Alaundo and many kind visitors (although i could use an explanation as to why my postings remain to zero).
I have been reading about the Realms for some years and recently decided to get out of the books and start the most famous profession, that of adventuring(as you well understand, my magical services are a valueble help to fighting orcs or even less...heroic actions).
Of course, before that happens I must needs extend my magical and historical knowledge. What comes first in mind?? I sure hope to share my experiences and learn from the others and of course scav...eeh I mean retrieve some of the knowledge of the prized books of Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000