Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2004 :  19:27:23  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep rowwhenn.

I'm afraid my French is lacking (I can say 'mosquito' in German - ... no its gone. Ah well its not like I have any more tests on it!). I'll just have to ask one of the other, more learned, scribes, like Sage.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  08:59:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been a long while since my childhood German language lessons, but if I recall correctly, "mosquito" in the German tongue is... "moskito". I could however be wrong about this, as it is a rough translation made while at hard at work (well, I'm supposed to be...).

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  14:10:08  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... according to my online translator you are correct - but it wasn't that in my workbook! It was something far more fun. I remember, in one of my sincerely bored days I made up a 2-line German poem about a squashed mosquito on some train tracks - and it actually sort of rhymed.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 08 Jul 2004 14:10:50
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2004 :  13:43:58  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance we could all hear that poem one day, Sarelle?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2004 :  15:00:36  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings. I am new here. My name is Drak'ul Drae'quel, Patron of Qu'ellar Drae'quel First House of Chaulssin. Here is where I reside at....

http://s7.invisionfree.com/House_Draequel/index.php?act=idx

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Lakandarr
Acolyte

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2004 :  23:11:37  Show Profile  Visit Lakandarr's Homepage Send Lakandarr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, knowledgable and iniated scribes of Candlekeep. I seek much knowledge from your magnificent halls of books being young of age and wanting to know more about the realms. I do so like to to abit of song and story writing, does perhaps a board where i can post such things exist on this forum?

"Yes, my ravenous friend," he said quietly,"but there remain two problems."
"Two?"
"Two," Entreri reiterated.
"First, I work alone." Rassiter's body jolted straight as a dagger blade cut into into his spine.
"And second." Entreri continued, without missing a breath, "you are dead."
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  02:19:26  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to both of you....though I am not as knowledgeable on FR lore as the older scribes, I will try to answer any questions you have...Welcome to Candlekeep
'Good food, Good fun, and Good mead'

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  10:45:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Drakul and Lakandarr to Candlekeep

I hope you have found my fellow scribes adequately accomodating and your stay here so far to be a pleasure. You will surely find much Realmslore herein to keep you occupied for some time to come.

Enjoy your stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Desdishado
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  01:25:33  Show Profile Send Desdishado a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations!
Another refugee from the WOTC novel boards albeit one of the last leaving the burning guildhall. (all the flame wars I imagine)
I see a lot of familiar names here and although it's been a while since I've been online in any way shape or form. (New baby girl, 7 months and fussy-just a few months after Mr.Franklin's little dude if I recall...)
Anyway, hope to say hi to everyone ASAP!

"I know I promised, Lord, never again. But I also know that YOU know what a weak-willed person I am."-Phillipe the Mouse
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  10:50:31  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Desdishado

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope you enjoy your stay herein and learn much knew knowledge and Realmslore.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Arius
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  11:25:16  Show Profile  Visit Arius's Homepage Send Arius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, and stuff. I seem to have a habit of signing up for forums on every site that has one, so, obviously, this one had to match the trend. I am, however, sincerely impressed by the ammount of "scrollsies" and other assorted tidbits of knowledge that you have acumulated on this site. Not to mention that the posters seem very devoted!

In any case, a bit about myself: I'm not exactly a leading source of wisdom on the Forgotten Realms; mainly my knowledge on the setting could be encapsulated completely in a few novels by R.A. Salvatore, both "Baldur's Gate" games, a few other novels, and what I've read of the setting guide (as I don't yet own it myself, living as I do in a small, isolated community of reclusive monks where books, when the do arrive, come in ones, and are quickly purchased by monks with greater stores of worldly possessions.) I've played a few campaigns of D&D in various settings, most of which were original to the DMs in question. The longest of these was an evil-aligned campaign that lasted the better part of year, racked up a huge body-count, and ended, a bit cliche-ed-ly perhaps, with the slaying of a dragon. I'm a bit of a power-gamer, mainly because I hate having my characters bullied by other player characters (and tend to suffer extensive runs of bad luck when it comes to rolling), but I do try to roleplay as best I can, so it isn't pure munchkin-gaming, as my signature might suggest.

And... yeah. Nice forums, cool background and all that. The intro music was a bit of a shock, since I was playing other music at the same time, but aside from that...

Faintly amused, I do not move as the dragon inhales deeply, a sure sign of an upcoming breath attack.
"Why aren't you doing anything?" The DM asks me.

"Well, seeing as I only need to roll a 3..."
Go to Top of Page

The Blue Sorceress
Learned Scribe

107 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  05:50:02  Show Profile  Visit The Blue Sorceress's Homepage Send The Blue Sorceress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail fellow seekers of knowledge!

I'm, of course, a newcomer to these forums, but a long time fan of the Realms, and the DM of a Realms campaign. I hope I can contribute as much to these forums as I glean.

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I see your walrus and raise you a carpenter
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  06:35:47  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Blue Sorceress

Hail fellow seekers of knowledge!

I'm, of course, a newcomer to these forums, but a long time fan of the Realms, and the DM of a Realms campaign. I hope I can contribute as much to these forums as I glean.

Welcome Blue Sorceress to Candlekeep. I hope you enjoy your stay.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask them.

SiriusBlack
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  09:23:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Blue Sorceress, and welcome to Candlekeep

I hope you enjoy your stay herein and learn much new Realmslore from our many tomes and fellow Scribes.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Moonharp
Acolyte

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2004 :  20:18:21  Show Profile  Visit Moonharp's Homepage Send Moonharp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, first, a most gracious greetings to everyone!
I would like to introduce myself to the forums, as even though I have been a member for a quite a period, I have not posted in them at all, just read and lurked in the shadows...
I suspect a little bit about myself would not hurt - well, if I make it truly a little, it won't, I guess...
I live in Canada... though I originally hail from Europe. I love most fantasy, though I have a special "sweet tooth" for the Realms, though I do not know the precise reason why... I have read a lot (I sometimes say "most") of the Forgotten Realms novels, and love every word of them. Gamingwise, I have never played a game yet - this is because even though I have and know all the rules, books, and everything (for the Forgotten Realms Campaign), and I would love to play, I do not have anyone to play with - and I am just too shy to find a group. I hope that these forums will embolden me, and allow me to play.
Hey, sorry - I am surely boring you... I just wanted to introduce myself. Anyone, if you want, please I would love for you to IM me... on any of my IMs (no preference).
Greetings All!
Moonharp
P.S. - I do not know why, but I love to use tripple dots (you might have noticed).

Moonharp the Marvelous
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2004 :  02:20:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you, Moonharp .

I am the Sage, a master of Realmslore here at Candlekeep.

Please, partake of the many scrolls contained within the library; I'm sure you'll find something that will interest you.

And, remember to enjoy yourself...

See you 'round the grounds.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2004 :  10:47:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Moonharp

Glad to see thee hast spoken out after lurking in the corridors for so long, I was beginning to get suspicious of thy shadow passing by every so often

Worry ye not, there art many scribes herein who will make thee feel at home and help with thy Realmslore studies.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Moonharp
Acolyte

Canada
38 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2004 :  20:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Moonharp's Homepage Send Moonharp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank ye!
May your hair grow silver, and your beard grow long.

Moonharp the Marvelous
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 :  08:40:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I can't enjoy the experience that comes with growing hair anymore (what with the transparent skull-cap and all... ), and I shaved my beard off in early August. I normally only grow in a beard around winter time (southern hemisphere), so I'll likely have to wait until next winter...

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2004 :  16:59:47  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, so that tis the Reason for the Red Sock on your head... it all becomes clear now.... heh heh heh
Anyways Greetings to thee Moonharp. Come join us for a mug or two at the Inn when thou hath time... you will find it a most intersting place that always bustles with commotion of somesort. Deimos would join you there but he's away fighting to get out of the Abyss and all that... Anyways we ramble, so Greetings to thee, and to all other new scribes I hath missed greeting. Welcome to the Keep, and please stop by the Inn from time to time and give goodsir MuadDib and Lady Kiarin, some new patrons

I wonder if Gnomes always wear socks on their heads
Go to Top of Page

lays
Acolyte

Belgium
1 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  13:59:06  Show Profile  Visit lays's Homepage Send lays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi iam lays the dwarf though i small of body. my mind is not.
i always enjoy a good tale with an ale.

you have a good tale?
tell me and ill buy you an ale.

Edited by - lays on 31 Aug 2004 15:46:59
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  16:02:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lays

hi iam lays the dwarf though i small of body. my mind is not.
i always enjoy a good tale with an ale.

Welcome lays the dwarf. I hope you enjoy your stay at Candlekeep.

Take a look around the forums and if you have a question don't hesitate to ask another scribe.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Grunkh
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  18:57:56  Show Profile  Visit Grunkh's Homepage Send Grunkh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yargh, a bunch of elfs and dwarfs and humans! Me Grunkh. Don't nobody touch my stuff! Me smart goblin, strong goblin. You touch me, you wish you didn't.

Grunkh play human game, say 'hi' to everyone. "Hi!" But that don't mean me weak goblin. Grunkh so-fi-sti-kat-ed, knows how to play human games. <picks nose>
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2004 :  21:42:13  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grunkh

Yargh, a bunch of elfs and dwarfs and humans! Me Grunkh. Don't nobody touch my stuff! Me smart goblin, strong goblin. You touch me, you wish you didn't.

Grunkh play human game, say 'hi' to everyone. "Hi!" But that don't mean me weak goblin. Grunkh so-fi-sti-kat-ed, knows how to play human games. <picks nose>

"Ang Gijak Ishi Grunkh" for those who don't talk black speach ala goblin that's more or less a greeting Hope you find what you seek Mr goblin

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Nyx
Acolyte

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  18:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Nyx's Homepage Send Nyx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In keeping with decorum, I would extend a greeting to all those of Candlekeep.

I am yet another newcomer to this place of vast knowledge, and I hope to learn during my time here. Perhaps I may to be able to help others, but only time shall tell. Feel free to contact me if that is your desire, for surely I will seek out those I wish the same of.

My thanks to those who provided for such a place. Until next time, be well.

..in the beginning there was darkness.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  19:27:56  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and Well met Nyx,
We art sure thou shalt find all thy answers here in, as well as many a friendly and pleasant face. Welcome to the Keep, enjoy thy stay, and feel welcome

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2004 :  23:04:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Nyx, and welcome to Candlekeep

I hope ye find much Realmslore and knowledge herein to keep ye busy for many days

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Nyx
Acolyte

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2004 :  17:31:03  Show Profile  Visit Nyx's Homepage Send Nyx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cardinal Deimos and Alaundo, well met and thank you both for the warm welcome to Candlekeep.

..in the beginning there was darkness.
Go to Top of Page

Silvfana
Acolyte

Finland
20 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2004 :  09:46:20  Show Profile  Visit Silvfana's Homepage Send Silvfana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi! I am a new member and I'd like to greet everyone. So, greetings!
I hope I will learn much for I know little now.

Not much of a greeting this... But my english should also be improved.

I greet you, fellow travelers!

And like marked pages in a diary
Everything seemed clean that is unstained
The incoherent talk of ordinary days
Why should we really need to live

Opeth - Ghost of Perdition
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2004 :  11:02:05  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wise words, I have heard: "Your english is far better than my Finnish"

Welcome to the keep.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000