Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Chalaeus of the Warrens
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2011 :  16:29:39  Show Profile Send Chalaeus of the Warrens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all and well met!

I am a hopeful, young scribe hoping to gain knowledge from the dusty tomes and wise sages herein. I'm striving to keep my tales as "canon" as possible. An unprepared journey is usually a fool's invitation for a quick death. Thanks to you all for your shared wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  01:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Chalaeus of the Warrens! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2011 :  01:15:04  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Notaio! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Martivir
Acolyte

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2011 :  10:16:25  Show Profile Send Martivir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,
I travelled far (far indeed) to find this sacred halls of lore and wisdome supreme.
Gladly I'll look into whatever you have to offer a young seeker of Realmlore.
Let this become a pleasant stay.

Yours Martivir
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2011 :  10:32:47  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Martivir! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

danielb
Acolyte

New Zealand
0 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  06:00:04  Show Profile Send danielb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello from New Zealand!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2011 :  06:27:41  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to CK, danielb!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2011 :  12:51:48  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, danielb! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Lady Shadowflame
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2011 :  03:27:19  Show Profile Send Lady Shadowflame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to everyone here - I've browsed, now and then... but decided, finally, that I should join. :)

Save a lizard... Ride a drow.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2011 :  03:31:44  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lady Shadowflame, please enjoy your stay with us.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2011 :  07:15:32  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Lady Shadowflame! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Lady Shadowflame
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2011 :  07:57:17  Show Profile Send Lady Shadowflame a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And thank you kindly to both of you for the welcomes. I bring with me little but my sense of humour, a fondness for debate, and a knack for recalling obscure trivia from the books I've read. :)

Save a lizard... Ride a drow.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2011 :  08:16:28  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perfect. I am always looking for someone to debate with. I do wish CK had a chat, but I can usually be found.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2011 :  09:02:02  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Welcome, Lady Shadowflame. May you enjoy your stay here at the 'Keep!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2011 :  01:54:35  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We know you'll fit in just fine, my lady. And many of us are good hearted souls, and willing to debate back with fondness and smiles.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  00:15:11  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll add my welcome to the mix, as well. Always good to see new members.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Brin
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  05:37:14  Show Profile  Visit Brin's Homepage Send Brin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all.. Terrible role-player but avid reader signing up. Seen the site before but took the boredom of slow internet and a hatred for Lathander to get me to finally sign up. Hope to get to know you all and have pleasant conversation.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2011 :  01:19:06  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Brin! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Maximum_Collateral_Damage
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2011 :  15:16:04  Show Profile Send Maximum_Collateral_Damage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met!

I've only recently come across this wonderous place, and hope not to spoil it's charm with my presence ;)
Go to Top of Page

Lakeland
Acolyte

Poland
1 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2011 :  22:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Lakeland's Homepage Send Lakeland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone!
I've stumbled upon this place on my research on Damara. Great to find such a resourceful place.

I'm 30 y.o. Been DMing for 12 years now... wow that is long, isn't it? :)

I make my living as a graphic designer. You can check out my work at www.wojciechmazur.pl under "Ilustracje" you'll find my recent works that involve my experiments with illustration.
I'm eager to work with a good idea, so if there are some illustrations to be done, text layed out, layouts to design on behalf of forum activity - do not hesitate to contact me.
I'll try my best to help depending on my scheduel.

Best regards.
L.

www.wojciechmazur.pl
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2011 :  22:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Lakeland! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Heartless_Hidetsugu
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2011 :  02:06:50  Show Profile Send Heartless_Hidetsugu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm no stranger to Wotc fiction, as my username will tell you. I got into the Realms via R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy. Since then I have read his series, as well as the works of Kemp, and the YORD, Haunted Lands, and the three Brotherhood of the Griffin novels by Byers.

I look forward to joining in discussion about the changes to, and flavor of, the Realms. :)
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2011 :  04:46:46  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Heartless_Hidetsugu! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Seabus Mythforger
Seeker

76 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2011 :  07:28:12  Show Profile Send Seabus Mythforger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings! Name's Seabus Mythforger - mage, wanderer, dwarf-friend and sage. I came upon the Realms like most o' ye with the tales of Drizzt Do'Urden and the Heroes o' Icewind Dale. Unfortunately, I only discovered the Realms this past winter, tho in the last several months I've devoured enough Realmslore to set most o' yer heads spinning on yer shoulders...almost fifty tomes worth!

Tho I'm still partial to the tales o' Drizzt and friends, I've vastly expanded my knowledge of the Realms. Some o' me favorites tho include The House of Serpents, The Year of Rogue Dragons, The Cleric Quintet, Elminster stories and The War of the Spider Queen. Me favorite characters include the mighty King Bruenor Battlehammer and his friend Rumblebelly, Harkle Harpell, the Bouldershoulder "brudders", Jarlaxle Baenre and of course the powerful Elminster.

I come to ye hallowed halls o' Candlekeep to share in good conversation and better ale that I may expand my love o' Forgotten Realms with like-minded folk who share me heart with tales of sword, sorcery and adventure. Well Met!

~Seabus Mythforger,
Renegade Mage
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2011 :  10:09:50  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Seabus Mythforger! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

rhune
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  05:16:14  Show Profile Send rhune a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, I am Rhune Moonglow, cleric and mage formerly in the service of the Mother of All Magic.

It's been quite a long time since I've ventured into the realm of online forums. I admit, I've been away from Dungeons and Dragons since 3rd edition arrived, I just wasn't able to commit myself to a new ruleset. I have no opinions on 3rd, 4th, etc since I've never had a hand in playing them.

I found these boards quite by accident really. About a day before the forums went down with the server issues, I was thinking about an old friend I knew from a previous board I posted at called the db-forge. Back then, I had left those boards out of the blue as life was throwing a lot of wrenches at me. As a result, I lost contact with a lot of the posters I had befriended.

On a whim, prior to signing up to Candlekeep, I hit up google and I found my old friend, Rynonalyrna Fathomlin, posted here. However, I noticed that she hadn't posted in 2 years so I doubt the only way she'll get my PM is if she logs in again someday. I had tried to send her an email, but I believe I need a certain post count to use that function. Does anyone know the required number of posts needed for use of that?

In the meantime, however, I've enjoyed lurking about for a week or so, reading the plethora of material listed here. There was a time I knew a bunch about the Realms--my, how quickly things can change.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  06:19:42  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, rhune.

I've read many posts by Rynonalyma, and her post count vastly outranks mine on the Candlekeep scoreboard members list, so she was indeed a very actively prolific scribe during her tenure. I'm not sure why you cannot send her emails, you should be able to click on the link provided in her profile, assuming the email account she provided is still active. If it matters, I think the post count breakpoints for earning rank and status here are 15/75/350/1000/2000/10000, I'm starting the rumour that you get a free Lamborghini at 10000+ posts, but otherwise I don't think you gain any tangible rewards through posting at this forum because you should have access to all functions the moment you complete registration to gain admission.

Candlekeep is dedicated to the Realms, regardless whether you just play D&D or just read the novels or just want to discuss/learn anything even peripherally related to Realmslore. The keep officially maintains an "edition neutral" stance since many scribes and visitors do indeed have a slight tendency to argue vehemently about why they most profoundly love/hate particular D&D rules editions (and the changes wrought by such rules upon the Realms) ... and such converse does not well suit the purposes to which these forums of Realmslore are dedicated. Many FR authors and D&D game designers are regular visitors to the keep and (when not being cantankerous old grumbles) are more than happy to answer questions or provide insights about the Realms or about their writings.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

rhune
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  06:47:23  Show Profile Send rhune a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ayrik, good to be here.

Yeah, I had tried the email option on her profile before the PM route, but when I tried to send I got a message that said I didn't have enough posts to use the email function yet. I'll try again once I get some posting under my belt.

I called the Realms home for quite a few years, great place, never a shortage of history and lore. I hope someday to dust off my 2nd edition material and let the dice start rolling again.

I'll have to check out all the new novels that have come out since 2000 or so. I've been bitten by the fantasy bug yet again and those old urges are coming back to me.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  06:51:52  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, well if it's post count (and free Lamborghini!) you're after then you should offer your submissions in other wings of Candlekeep's vast library. Submissions in this Welcome to Candlekeep section do not apply towards post countings; you'll note that (at the time of this writing) you have still a total of 0 posts, sorry.

I, too, have a strong preference for 2E rules. Although 1E is pretty much the same thing overall (assuming you can read High Gygaxian) and 3E and 3.5E do offer many merits which have wavered my resolve. You'll find many 2E grognards here, although most of us have learned to be somewhat politic (and, I admit, actually not all that much concerned) with issues involving more recent D&D editions/settings.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 23 Sep 2011 06:58:19
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  20:55:10  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Rhune Moonglow! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000