Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2009 :  04:43:17  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dantrag

Well met Matron Baenre... you should find great hospitallity in Candlekeep, but uhh....one rule......you can't torture people

Unless they ask you to, of course...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

MrsDrasek
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  00:38:19  Show Profile  Visit MrsDrasek's Homepage Send MrsDrasek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met it is nice to see so many here, and so much information.

Part Well...Regret Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  22:42:25  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've been creeping around for a day or two, and I'm glad to be here. I started in the Realms back in high school, when a friend introduced me to Drizzt. (Yes, I know that's probably a cheesy, cliche way of getting here, but, hey, I love the dark-skinned guy...) It seems like ages ago- wait it WAS. I've been happily traipsing around in the Realms with El, Drizzt, Liriel, and many others ever since. I do not game in Fearun, but i do use its lore and materials heavily as inspirations in my home-brew world, long with aspects of several other worlds (mostly Krynn, eberron, and Council of Wyrms).

Looking back, I'd say that I mostly loved the many changes in the Realms, except the recent 4th ed stuff and the Lady Penitant. I was actually angry at the death of Eilistraee, as she is my favorite Realms deity, besides Mystra and Kelemvor. I'm stopping at 3.5, like many others, it seems- but i will continue to follow my favorite characters, at least those who are still around....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2009 :  02:17:52  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well we're all glad to have you here. Welcome to Candlekeep, and I hope all of you enjoy your stay.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Backstabber
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2010 :  17:05:20  Show Profile  Visit Backstabber's Homepage Send Backstabber a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello

I'm just a traveller stopping for some ale, mutton and information on some adventure or another.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2010 :  22:21:51  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Backstabber

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2010 :  12:51:16  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

NecroZombie
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  22:04:09  Show Profile  Visit NecroZombie's Homepage Send NecroZombie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and well met!

Gods I've been looking for something like this forever.

Looking forward to the adventures ahead.
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
728 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  17:54:10  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*with a slightly sheepish look on his face*

Glancing at my current post count, I'm about 327 posts too late for:
"Well met, ye fellow scribes!"

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  06:18:30  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome NecroZombie, to Candlekeep.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

redmaylily
Acolyte

China
2 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2010 :  12:21:38  Show Profile  Visit redmaylily's Homepage Send redmaylily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone. I'm redmaylily, a fan of Forgotten Realms. Although I've never gotten a chance to play D&D, I'm acquainted with Fearun throungh books and novels. My apologies for rather crude English, because English is not my native language.

Edited by - redmaylily on 24 Jan 2010 12:24:46
Go to Top of Page

julie
Acolyte

Canada
0 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2010 :  01:08:04  Show Profile  Visit julie's Homepage Send julie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi there... got turned on to this forum by a forum buddy of RASalvatore forums. I am not sure if I am using this properly and I hope I am. Brand new, 10 min. ago; patience, please.
I have been looking to find someone who can tell me what books , chronologically, by Ed Greenwood, to read. I have read Waterdeep series, and my hero Elminster. I would like to read more but our library is tiny and have to get interloan.

Thanks much........
Go to Top of Page

mitch66
Acolyte

Canada
0 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2010 :  00:09:13  Show Profile  Visit mitch66's Homepage Send mitch66 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey.
Wow ive been looking for a site like this for a long time i look forward to reading other opinions on the fg novels

To come without sacrifice to the heart of the hunter means...death
Go to Top of Page

Callmebean
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2010 :  05:52:57  Show Profile  Visit Callmebean's Homepage Send Callmebean a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hail, and Well met fellow travelers on the tricky roads of fearun, This is bean Follower of Mielikki, So heedless to say Im a ranger at heart i look forward to searching the massive tomes and listening to bard's and sages alike i have a few adventures to share and just looking for a warm hearth and cool ale ;)

No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith. And that, I fear, for any reasoning, conscious being, would be the cruelest trick of all.
-Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

gandalfmithrandir
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2010 :  21:31:12  Show Profile  Visit gandalfmithrandir's Homepage Send gandalfmithrandir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well met, fellow sages, I hope I'm doing this right, because I just got here ten minutes ago and look forward to learning more about the realms!
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  08:44:56  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there! I'm Sill Alias, bard of two races and homeless traveler.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.

Edited by - Sill Alias on 11 Feb 2010 08:51:41
Go to Top of Page

Hellblazer
Acolyte

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2010 :  06:39:49  Show Profile Send Hellblazer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met fellow scribes,the name is HellBlazer. Myself is here to explore the world of knowledge that is presented by the great library of Faerun.Also,I'm here to find companies who can guide me in this library.

HellB.

The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
Go to Top of Page

LordFess
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2010 :  23:09:43  Show Profile  Visit LordFess's Homepage Send LordFess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all ye scribes and seekers of Candlekeep...My name be LordFess and I am brand new to these hallowed halls of knowledge and fellowship.I wish you all to know I am so very proud to be in thy midst.I am and have been a fan of the writings of Ed Greenwood and R A Salvatore for nigh on 5 years now and have read most of their marvelous books.

Infact, I have just started reading Ed Greenwood's "The Knights of Myth Drannor Book III,The Sword Never Sleeps".I am also reading R.A Salvatore's book "The Ork King".I am enjoying both of them very much.

I do so wish I had found this haven for Faerunian knowledge and fellowship along time ago but alas it was not in my destiny to discover this wonderful place until today.....
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2010 :  10:41:42  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, LordFess! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

LordFess
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  15:46:34  Show Profile  Visit LordFess's Homepage Send LordFess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank-you for your gracious wellcome Sir Joran Nobleheart!
Go to Top of Page

Aalnyar
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  17:54:09  Show Profile Send Aalnyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am Aalnyar Korianthil Bladesinger from the Realm of Cormanthor come seeking knowledge from the Sages of famed Candlekeep; I look forward to my time here seeking and giving knowledge.

Aalnyar Korianthil - Bladesinger
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2010 :  18:33:29  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordFess

Thank-you for your gracious wellcome Sir Joran Nobleheart!

It was my pleasure, my friend, and also a warm welcome to Aalnyar. It's always nice to see a noble bladesinger walking the quiet halls of the Library here.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Tren of Twilight Tower
Seeker

51 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2010 :  03:17:11  Show Profile  Visit Tren of Twilight Tower's Homepage Send Tren of Twilight Tower a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Ever present hunger for power and adventure has brought yet another newcomer to this famed keep. For what it is worth, let me mention that his interest in Forgotten Realms was originally sparked by Neverwinter Nights and then further deepened by FR novels. His name is Tren, and as it can be expected, he is looking forward to many late hour invested in researching old tomes of Faerun lore kept inside of immense library at Candlekeep.

Well met!
Tren

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2010 :  09:24:05  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope that you enjoy your time here among us.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2010 :  10:04:41  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm Zireael from Evermeet, a descendant of noble clan of Amarratharr. I came to the citadel of learning looking for more and more knowledge about my people, the Fair Folk.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2010 :  09:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Zireael.
Feel free to use any books and scrolls of the scribes to gain knowledge. But not all knowledge is written, so feel free to ask.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  07:55:20  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Zireael. I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Yours Sincerely
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2010 :  18:28:13  Show Profile  Visit Yours Sincerely's Homepage Send Yours Sincerely a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met,
I am just one human amongst billions, unknown and unlikely to become anything more. I dwell on the sidelines, observing the world around me but secure with what I have, not wanting fame nor fortune. I may step out to ask questions, show a curious face, but once I lose interest I retreat to the shadows. I quietly read tales of distant worlds, write knowing I'll never be a great author, smile at those who pass me by.
No-one knows me, as I am no-one.
At least I'm somewhere.

Yours Sincerely,
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2010 :  07:00:12  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, friend!
There is nothing to fear, fellow reader, for not much people can face the obstacles of life alone. Cheer up! (or is it a roleplay?)
If you feel like talking, ask questions or come to the Candlekeep inn. See you around!

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2010 :  17:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Yours Sincerely. I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000