Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Ithil
Acolyte

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2008 :  06:15:19  Show Profile  Visit Ithil's Homepage Send Ithil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and well met all.

I am a long-time fan of the Realms though never subscribed at the Candlekeep. I've been lurking here in earnest of late as I avidly await the arrival of 4th Edition. I've been impressed by the politeness and insight offered in so many responses that I felt persuaded to join the community. Hopefully we can benefit each other in times ahead.

Cheers,
Ithil
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2008 :  09:48:37  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Ithil

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein and find much knowledge and Realmslore within these halls.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Athairgi_the_Child-Eater
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2008 :  13:30:40  Show Profile  Visit Athairgi_the_Child-Eater's Homepage Send Athairgi_the_Child-Eater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations.

I like the Forgotten Realms, alot, and have been lurking around here for some time now(Hey, I'm a goblin, what did ya expect?), so I thought it was the time to register myself...

I agree with Ithil regarding the 'politeness and insight'. Alot of other forums prove to be somewhat ...lacking, in those apartments.

Ah well, what else?
Hmm...

I've been a game-master for over a decade now, and these last years most 'adventures'(chronologies would be a more fitting term) have been set in the Realms...

...That's enough of an introduction, I hope. Can't think of something else to write, at least not right now, that is.

Tender man-flesh to ye all!
// Athairgi
Go to Top of Page

Ithil
Acolyte

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2008 :  14:49:05  Show Profile  Visit Ithil's Homepage Send Ithil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail Athairgi, Child Eater, um, I think.

I'll try to put aside my prejudices against goblinkind to welcome your thoughts, queries and comments. And I know what you mean by "chronologies!" See you in the stacks.

~Ithil
Go to Top of Page

Dezmodu
Acolyte

Netherlands
17 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2008 :  17:41:19  Show Profile  Visit Dezmodu's Homepage Send Dezmodu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I'm dez, I've been playing DnD for about 4 years now and still found nothing beter. so hence my appearance on this great site.
I guese I'll be seeing you around.

dez

paladin: Ignorance is no excuse!
Rogue: Why?
Paladin: I don't know.
Rogue: IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2008 :  12:52:11  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Dezmodu, Ithil and Athairgi_the_Child-Eater.

Hmm Goblins ahh.. That’s not strange at all, when you come form Zhentillkeep you are used to see that kind off scum in the slum areas.

But seeing one here makes me feel more at home . You are all welcome to see at the links below.

After seeing the links you should see the gallery here at Candlekeep, there are some great pictures.

Enjoy you’re stay

Vic

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 11 Apr 2008 12:53:42
Go to Top of Page

Athairgi_the_Child-Eater
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2008 :  13:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Athairgi_the_Child-Eater's Homepage Send Athairgi_the_Child-Eater a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scum, eh? Hey, Vic... Yer got any tassssty children? I got a soup recipe that's just beggin' to be used! *licks his lips*
Go to Top of Page

TheArchPriest
Acolyte

Brazil
14 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  01:13:56  Show Profile  Visit TheArchPriest's Homepage Send TheArchPriest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings wise men and women
I am Elrin Flamesoul better known as TheArchPriest

I am a cleric of Kossuth and a member of the Black Flame Zealots,the knowledge here seems impressive so I will resist the urge to burn everything(and everyone) here

I have been watching this place for some and decided to join
I hope you have no problem with Thayans like me

Black Flame Zealot
Influent Kossuthan Cleric

Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2008 :  17:18:59  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You find many homeless children in Zhentil Keep, some call them unlucky, I call them food fore the night.

When ill be going back, ill take you with me, and you could show me how to make this soup.

Greetings TheArchPriest, hmme a cleric of Kossuth… maybe you could come to then you could warm the soup with holly fire…

And… before burning any book please let me take a copy of the first.

Vic

Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  17:10:41  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CK FNG, here.

I have been a fan of R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms work since the first edition of The Crystal Shard. Lately, I have begun exploring how his stories fit in with the rest of the Realms.

From my past lurking here before registering, I can see that there is a bit of hostility regarding RAS's inconsistent application of existing Realmslore and gaming conventions. I can respect that.

However, as his work has been my personal conduit into the Realms, I can also respect the fact that his stories have entertained me now for decades.

Looking forward to sharing my own detailed knowledge of RAS's works here, and discovering more of the lore revealed by other scribes in other works.

Just take it easy on a RAS-lovin' BEAST, OK?

For now, I leave you with my <"Chronology of RAS Forgotten Realms Books & Short Stories">. Perhaps, if anyone wishes, we can discuss in another scroll . . .

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">

Edited by - BEAST on 13 May 2008 06:59:52
Go to Top of Page

Aravine
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2008 :  17:47:04  Show Profile  Visit Aravine's Homepage Send Aravine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheArchPriest

Greetings wise men and women
I am Elrin Flamesoul better known as TheArchPriest

I am a cleric of Kossuth and a member of the Black Flame Zealots,the knowledge here seems impressive so I will resist the urge to burn everything(and everyone) here

I have been watching this place for some and decided to join
I hope you have no problem with Thayans like me

Sorry, Candlekeep has wards aginst fire, remember?

The brave don't live forever,the cautious don't live at all
Go to Top of Page

Nevar
Acolyte

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2008 :  07:14:18  Show Profile  Visit Nevar's Homepage Send Nevar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings All! Behold this dark mage stepping forth from the shadows to shout a loud "Well Met!" to all who'll listen. I've loved the many worlds (editions) of DnD for years and years tis true. Both played and read the FR is a haven for this world weary soul. All I can say is that the realms need far more evil archmages that it has now! Step up lads and lasses! Thy destiny awaits if you can avoid the goody-two-shoes that'll stand in your way.

Meteor swarm first and ask questions later!
Go to Top of Page

Pippadoc Fetlock
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2008 :  21:38:55  Show Profile  Visit Pippadoc Fetlock's Homepage Send Pippadoc Fetlock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm Pippadoc Fetlock, one-armed hafling thief extroadinaire. Pleased to make your acquitances. I've been playing DnD for 3 years now, and reading Forgotten Realms books for about the same amount of time.
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2008 :  10:54:53  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A most warm and friendly Welcome to the Keep, Nevar & Pippadoc!

Enjoy your stay here in the dusty halls and dark dungeons of Candlekeep. May the Lord of Knowledge and Binder of what is known grant you his blessing and guide your steps, so that you may find whatever Realmslore it is you seek.

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Sailusj
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2008 :  17:38:48  Show Profile  Visit Sailusj's Homepage Send Sailusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Alaundo, Masters of Realms Lore, Great Readers, Seniors and Seekers...and of course acolyts!

I am very glad to have finally come to this great library and welcomed. I thank you all for the warm and friendly atmosphere you all have created and maintain, enticing eager learners such as myself to feel compelled to join this Marvelous group of Wise Men and Women who freely and happily share their knowledge. I am humbled to be in your presence, and hope to someday contribute as much as I take in Knowledge and Lore. Thank you all.

My best wishes

"Oh dear God...What is that smell?!"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  07:29:37  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Sailusj

Ye have certainly come to the right place if it is Realmslore ye seek. I hope ye find many scrolls and tomes to satisfy thy quest for knowledge. I look forward to seeing thee around the halls for discussions of lore.

A hearty welcome to Candlkeep

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  08:09:30  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot Sailusj for this nice post.
Welcome to the keep and have fun !

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Arrevanthas
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2008 :  23:23:48  Show Profile  Visit Arrevanthas's Homepage Send Arrevanthas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know...I have been wanting to say this since I joined here...I LOVE YOU GUYS!! I have been definitely enjoying my stay here. ^_^

www.Arrevanthas.deviantart.com
Go on...you know you want to ^_~
Go to Top of Page

Gwydion669
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2008 :  17:18:10  Show Profile  Visit Gwydion669's Homepage Send Gwydion669 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings from another long-time lurker who has decided to come out of the shadows.

I've been a DnD fan for close to three decades now, but have not played much (aside from the computerized versions) for the last several years. I've been a fan of the FR since I first spotted Ed's "Ecology of" articles in Dragon magazine.

Since then, I've developed into an FR fan first and a DnD fan second.

I've popped into Candlekeep now for several years, checking out the submissions and Elminster's musings. With the advent of 4E, it looks like I'll be coming here even more often to look for lore.

I hope that my tendency towards sarcasm and warped humor isn't found to be off-putting by too many people ... but after reading many posts here, I'm optimistic for the future.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2008 :  09:40:55  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Gwydion669

Welcome to Candlekeep. I'm glad that after all this time ye finally decided to don thy robe and join us in discussions of lore. Fear not, there are many odd characters herein, so thee should feel quite at home

Well me to ye too, Arrevanthas. Glad thou art enjoying thy stay at Candlekeep... feel free to continue browsing these shelves and don't be afraid to join in any discussions.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2008 :  11:57:32  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome BEAST, Nevar, Pippadoc Fetlock, Arrevanthas and Gwydion669 to the Candlekeep forum

Cheek the links below, and after that you should see the gallery here at Candlekeep, there are some great pictures.

Enjoy you’re stay

Vic

Go to Top of Page

hedgeknight
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  18:12:14  Show Profile Send hedgeknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks - been a lurker on this great page and forums for years and decided to sign up today. Long time gamer - '83 to present day - and music lover. Looking forward to chatting with you.
R.I.P. Gary Gygax and thanks for changing my life.
-g-

Winter is coming...

Edited by - hedgeknight on 09 Jul 2008 21:00:11
Go to Top of Page

katherinna
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  20:44:33  Show Profile  Visit katherinna's Homepage Send katherinna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met HedgeNight have fun on your frist day and be well for i am Katherinna my friends on here call me kat.

katherinne in rp 18 real 30
Go to Top of Page

MasksChosenOne
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  16:46:35  Show Profile Send MasksChosenOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to all ,
I am fairly new to the Forgotten Realms and completely new to Candlekeep. Just wanted to say hello and I hope I will be welcomed.

Drink a lot of water , Walk slowly !
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  21:45:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, hedgeknight

My word, another longtime lurker has doned a robe. Splendid! Hope ye enjoy thy new role here in the library.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Caladfel
Acolyte

Brazil
3 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  23:06:25  Show Profile  Visit Caladfel's Homepage Send Caladfel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, fellow lore-seekers. =D

I'm completely new to the Halls of Candlekeep, and just wanted to say hello before I plunge into the aftermath of history and drink from your seemingly endless well of knowledge.

Thank you for having me here.

C.

"We should have done this as men- not with fire."
Go to Top of Page

MasksChosenOne
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  23:15:26  Show Profile Send MasksChosenOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greeting Caladfel ,
Welcome! I am also a newbie! Do you play or read ? or possibly do both?

Drink a lot of water , Walk slowly !
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  23:59:58  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Caladfel

Welcome to Candlekeep. Feel free to wander these halls and ask any questions on the Realms.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Caladfel
Acolyte

Brazil
3 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  14:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Caladfel's Homepage Send Caladfel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the warm words. :)

quote:
Welcome! I am also a newbie! Do you play or read ? or possibly do both?

I have played DnD for around eighteen years now. The first campaign setting I ever bought was Forgotten Realms (the really old one, where dragons were described as having cat-like grace and thus, were able to double the number of claw attacks. Ah, the earlier editions' monsters...). Have played several FR campaigns, game-mastered one or two minor adventures (around the 2nd edition, sometimes using Unearthed Arcana rules) and a full-fledged campaign (3rd edition). I have game mastered other stuff (from GURPS to Storytelling) and mainly like to GM a now 12 year old campaign of Dragonlance (2nd ed, 3rd ed and now 4th!). I have not read many of the FR novels though, keeping mostly with the great saga of Bruenor and Drizzt (=D). I read most of the mainstream Dragonlance novels though and some of the obscure ones, but this is hardly the place to discuss matters of Krynnish lore (of course I would never hesitate in answering anything about it). I did read a lot of the FR gaming material though.

And I think I babbled big time up there. ;p

C.

"We should have done this as men- not with fire."
Go to Top of Page

Spell
Acolyte

Croatia
3 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  20:52:02  Show Profile  Visit Spell's Homepage Send Spell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all from Croatia.

I'm newbie to this forum al do i have browse through Candlekeep a lot, at least this days.
Well basically I'm searching for inspiration for creating campaign in Realms. NPC talk etc.
I definitely fancy this old-language accents u all are using for me its difficulty to interpret since I'm english self-learner.
Quick report regarding RP-ing in Croatia:
3 forums about RP and not 2 resourceful ones.

No one RP in Forgotten realms (fools i say). But would probably say that the problem is cost and available of D&D books. Well old guard doesn't RP anymore, and new ones love new worlds. Role-play ends on Roll-play and that part i personally dislike.

Around 50 RP players active in 5 different cities.

I'm currently work on strategy how to attract old-ones for RP.
And developing campaign.

Hope all of ya manage to understand me.

Cheers fellas. :)

Edited by - Spell on 17 Jul 2008 11:59:13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000