Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2006 :  07:45:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, lockdar

I'm certainly glad thee donned thy robes and joined us herein. Lurk not in the corridors and join us in the halls of knowledge, for there is much to be learnt and discussed.

Hope to see thee around the library from this day forth

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Stardrake
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  00:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Stardrake's Homepage Send Stardrake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, good gentles! Whilst serching for information on certain customs of the Realms over at the Forum of the Coastal Wizards, I did discover a portal to Candlekeep. And given the quantity and quality of sagecraft I have seen in just a brief perusal, I knew this was by far the better place to learn what I needed--and to possibly share what knowledge I have with others.

Again, well met!

Void where prohibited by natural law.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  08:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stardrake

Well met, good gentles! Whilst serching for information on certain customs of the Realms over at the Forum of the Coastal Wizards, I did discover a portal to Candlekeep. And given the quantity and quality of sagecraft I have seen in just a brief perusal, I knew this was by far the better place to learn what I needed--and to possibly share what knowledge I have with others.

Again, well met!

Well met, Stardrake

Welcome to Candlekeep. Ye have certainly come to the right place if it is lore ye seek Feel free to take a look around at the many tomes and scrolls herein, and ask any questions ye wish.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Triopah
Acolyte

Croatia
0 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  22:28:45  Show Profile  Visit Triopah's Homepage Send Triopah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met keepers of knowledge. I hope I'll be of use to you.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  22:56:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  23:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triopah

Well met keepers of knowledge. I hope I'll be of use to you.

Well met, Triopah

Welcome to Candlekeep. Oh travelers are always of use to us herein, for they bring knowledge and Realmslore from beyond these walls

Enjoy thy stay, and I hope ye find this place of use also.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  13:31:28  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humbly at your service my lords!

.....Hmm did i go off the cliff there??!...;)

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  16:32:49  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the keep.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  16:35:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  18:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

Humbly at your service my lords!

.....Hmm did i go off the cliff there??!...;)

Well met, Zimme

Welcome to Candlekeep Glad ye decided to join us. There are many scrolls and tomes of lore for which to feast thine eyes upon. Enjoy thy stay

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Lore Seeker
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  20:36:16  Show Profile  Visit Lore Seeker's Homepage Send Lore Seeker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to all,

As my username suggests I am here on a quest for knowledge. The richness and depth of the Realms has never ceased to amaze me. Perhaps when the time is right, a scroll or tome with my seal on it may find a place amongst the other great works here.

"So let it be written.....that I might read it."
Lore Seeker
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  20:41:44  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the keep Lore Seeker . . . hope you find what you are looking for and more . . .
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  21:08:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  22:05:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Lore Seeker

Ye have certainly come to the right place if it is indeed lore which ye seek

There are many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore here and knowledgable scribes to aid thee.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Stevie
Acolyte

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  22:44:32  Show Profile  Visit Stevie's Homepage Send Stevie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, been a while since I came on here. Why is it that real life so easily takes over from fun these days? I've noticed that since my little forays into writing a bit of material for Fellaren Krae, no-one seems to be visiting that part of the site really. Shame, I'd have thought it would be one of the more popular areas. I've actually recently been 'down-sizing' my AD&D/Forgotten Realms collection. A short period of unemployment has left me in need of cash, and good old ebay beckoned. (so if you want any old stuff, look me up on there!) Thing is, I realised there's so much of the old material available in pdf format these days, that all my old stuff in the garage is just gathering dust for no reason. Still, getting a few quid for it all, it seems popular, so not all bad. Anyway, just wanted to say hi to a few other people who drift off to the same fantasy world as me when they start daydreaming ;-)
Go to Top of Page

tuziel
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  22:55:25  Show Profile  Visit tuziel's Homepage Send tuziel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, im a long time lurker, first time joiner upper. i look forward to actually participating in posts rather than just reading them. over the years ive always been impressed with this forum, but my access to it has been sporadic at best. hopefully i'll be able to stick around this time and join the fun!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  23:12:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

My word, welcome back Stevie. Good to see thee again, and thy pennings are always much appreciated

Welcome also, tuziel. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein and learn much new Realmslore.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

FridayThe13th
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  04:01:50  Show Profile  Visit FridayThe13th's Homepage Send FridayThe13th a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yo everyone!

I'm FridayThe13th and I just got into FR a few months ago. I first got attracted to it through another WoTc Book saga, Dragonlance, of which I have been a fan for longer. I love the Realms and hope to learn more about it by reading and having discussions with all of you!

"The Lady of Pain? You mean Loviatar runs this place?"
-- Torilian Prime

"You guys should seriously rename yourselves The Horny Society, you popularity would soar."
-- A miscillaneous Kender to a member of the Horned Society

Edited by - FridayThe13th on 16 Jul 2006 04:02:27
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  10:23:15  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FridayThe13th

Yo everyone!

I'm FridayThe13th and I just got into FR a few months ago. I first got attracted to it through another WoTc Book saga, Dragonlance, of which I have been a fan for longer. I love the Realms and hope to learn more about it by reading and having discussions with all of you!

Well met and welcome to Candlekeep, FridayThe13th

Ye have certainly come to the right place, for there are many discussions of the Realms herein, and a vast array of tomes and scrolls to feed thee knowledge of our beloved setting

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  11:48:59  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although new to Candlekeep and having made a sum total of 7 (now 8) posts I thought I should just say 'Hail, and well met.'

I am a veteran of the old red D&D boxed set, and have followed through all versions, albeit with a gap of almost 8years where I was being bereft of anything D&D-related - I don't know how I coped!

Currently I DM a Forgotten Realms Campaign set in the Southern lands, and play in a Greyhawk campaign where we're running the old Against The Giants campaign.

How's ^that for an introduction?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2006 :  14:04:43  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

Although new to Candlekeep and having made a sum total of 7 (now 8) posts I thought I should just say 'Hail, and well met.'

I am a veteran of the old red D&D boxed set, and have followed through all versions, albeit with a gap of almost 8years where I was being bereft of anything D&D-related - I don't know how I coped!

Currently I DM a Forgotten Realms Campaign set in the Southern lands, and play in a Greyhawk campaign where we're running the old Against The Giants campaign.

How's ^that for an introduction?

Well met, Na-Gang, and welcome to Candlekeep.

An old-timer eh? I certainly look forward to hearing of thy tales and travels from around the Realms, and hope ye enjoy thy stay herein

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Dalmar Amad
Seeker

Germany
56 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2006 :  20:28:04  Show Profile  Visit Dalmar Amad's Homepage Send Dalmar Amad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Everybody!

I'm new here and seek to give and gain knowledge. I've been playing and Dming the FR since '93. I do hope to contribute something to this hallowed font of knowledge.

See you
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2006 :  20:39:23  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Dalmar!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2006 :  22:20:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Dalmar Amad

Welcome to Candlekeep. Indeed, i'll look forward to seeing the lore written from thy quill

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

danifae
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  03:02:53  Show Profile  Visit danifae's Homepage Send danifae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
been around for a week now, but never said hi here.
Been into Forgotten Realms for 3 years, have mostly read the novels, play a little bit every once in a while too. (where I used to live D&D/FR was unknown, and I looked but found no1 to play with in the area. Just recently moved to Canada and hope to find a group here)
I read alot of the FR novels, own 3/4 of the novels, and a big fan of Elaine Cunningham's books.

cu around on the boards!
Go to Top of Page

Thangorn
Seeker

New Zealand
84 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  15:40:24  Show Profile Send Thangorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well met folks

I've been playing D&D in the forgotten realms for 17 years or so.

I really appreciate the project that so many of you have put the time into.
Candlekeep really is a wonderful resource and community.

Excellent work

-D

Ex-A Land Far Away (ALFA) DM/Builder

Faerunian Canon Despot
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  17:02:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  19:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Thangorn, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Thank ye for the kind words. We strive to make this place a valuable location where he may learn and share Realmslore and hope that ye enjoy thy stay herein.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Nym Moondown
Acolyte

12 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  16:14:48  Show Profile  Visit Nym Moondown's Homepage Send Nym Moondown a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey!
By a twisted road I have finally arrived!
I'm Italian (so I beg your pardon for may bad English) and I've started playing D&D only by 3 years. I love FR and I'm seekeing to find every piece of lore about it...that's the principal reason I travelled till Candlekeep

"Gurth gothrim Ar-tel'quessir!"
"An Evermeet!"

Edited by - Nym Moondown on 14 Sep 2006 16:15:19
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  16:19:15  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the keep Nym, hope to see you around often.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000