Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2006 :  08:10:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by At your Behest

Well met scholars!

After having rummaged unrecognised in a few piles of scrolls, I decided to drop my veil of disguise and bid ye a good morning.
As I had no precious book to offer I thought that you might reject me so that I entered by means I cannot tell you of.
Hopefully I am allowed to stay within this vault of knowledge even without a gift?
I will however offer you the feeble knowledge I have gathered outside these walls if I may stay inside?
Please be lenient towards me, it is cold outside...

Fare ye well!

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep. Stay inside, ye may We'll be happy to hear of thy travels and learn from the Realmslore thou hast gathered during adventurers beyond these walls.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Laputa_Knights
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2006 :  07:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Laputa_Knights's Homepage Send Laputa_Knights a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greenthings and hallucinations.

or is that "Greenthings and salivations"?

I can never remember which is the right one...anyway, I heard this vicious rumor that seekers of knowledge are welcome here, no matter how abstruse the knowledge might be.

I also heard this rumor that the seaside towers might be far enough away from the books that minor little accidents aren't a risk...

It!
Could!
{Kaboom!}
Work (coughcough)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2006 :  08:16:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Laputa_Knights

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein. There are many tomes and scrolls of lore within this humble library and I hope they satisfy thy search for knowledge.

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Enjoy thy stay

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Giilvas Vyshaan
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2006 :  03:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Giilvas Vyshaan's Homepage Send Giilvas Vyshaan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet water and light laughter, fellow Faerunians! This is my first step into the vaulted chambers of Candlekeep. Please give me a moment to look about and take in the sight of this entry hall. Simply structured; human design no doubt. A moment please while my mantle removes my traveling wearies and retrieves my blank scrolls and parchments. I came to learn and offer learning in return, as many have before me and many will forthwith. I did not doubt the price of entry, and I see that it will be worth it. The work that purchased my admission into Candlekeep was none other than my personal effects from the waning campaign years of what you now know as the Fifth Crown War. My journals include descriptions of Vyshaanti battle-spells, personal spell-mantles (which were NOT originally Netherese in design, thank you very much! I get so weary of hearing that!), instruction on the crafting of magic circlets, blueprints of architecture marvels not seen in "modern" day realms such as weaving stonework as delicately as lace, and knowledge long since hidden away from the ravages of time. I have much to learn, so I would like to begin presently; maybe a few years of learning the layout of the libraries and locations of what you refer to as the vaults, the lavatories' locations, and such. You do have quiet rooms for guests to slip into reverie, do you not? I would like to know the names of the porter, please, so that I may call upon him when....oh, I am sorry! From the look on your face, I can surmise that I need to explore for myself. Funny, these customs are so far removed from what a Vyshaan Colonel takes for granted! Forgive me, I pray the Seldarine grant me the wisdom and patience to acclimate to this place. Any suggestion you may offer for my convience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and here's a token of my gratitude-a simple copper, yes, but notice the bust. A nice resemblence, yes? Not every day one is given a copper from the treasuries of Aryvandaar!!

In the Year of Risen Elfkin, the Vyshaantar Empire will be reborn out of ruin and retake its rightful position in Faerun.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2006 :  08:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Giilvas Vyshaan

Welcome to Candlekeep. Indeed there are many chambers herein and i'm sure ye can find a quiet area in which to study the numerous tomes of lore. I'll certainly look forward to reading thy journals and accounts of thy travels and hope to see thee around the library.

So, feel free to take thy time looking around Candlekeep and if there are any questions, please just call out (just not too loud, this is a library after all).

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

grinning demon
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  14:51:37  Show Profile  Visit grinning demon's Homepage Send grinning demon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A quick welcome to all others on this site. I've been coming here for quite a while now, but never got round to posting until now. The site is fantastic and I hope that I can contribute in some way.

I currently run a campaign set in the Silver Marches, and will be looking to gain more knowledge of this area where possible.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2006 :  17:51:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grinning demon

A quick welcome to all others on this site. I've been coming here for quite a while now, but never got round to posting until now. The site is fantastic and I hope that I can contribute in some way.

I currently run a campaign set in the Silver Marches, and will be looking to gain more knowledge of this area where possible.

Well met, grinning demon

Welcome to Candlekeep, glad ya finally made it through the gates Oh there are many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore to aid thee in thy quest for knowledge. Feel free to take a look around and join in the many discussions herein.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Goat
Acolyte

Australia
0 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2006 :  07:32:41  Show Profile  Visit Goat's Homepage Send Goat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
G'day and well met,
Just wanted to say that this is a damn good site.
I've been checking it out for ages now and have found everything that I've been looking for.
Great work Peaps.
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2006 :  02:26:33  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met! I've wandered long in search of knowledge and FR Lore. It would seem I finally found what I was looking for. Azuth be praised.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2006 :  08:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Wandering_mage

Welcome to Candlekeep. Indeed, thou hast come to the right place, if it is lore which ye seek

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

piterHoeg
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  18:00:46  Show Profile  Visit piterHoeg's Homepage Send piterHoeg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met! I am here to bow to your greater knowledge of all things Faerūn and look forward to the wealth of information that you can give this young (alright, not so young) apprentice.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  18:48:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  19:39:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, piterHoeg

Welcome to Candlekeep. There are many scrolls and tomes of Realmlore herein, so please take a seat and share the knowledge with my fellow scribes

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Finn
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  17:24:21  Show Profile  Visit The Finn's Homepage Send The Finn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I'm amazed it's taken me this long to stumble upon Candlekeep, but I'm happy to finally be here. What an awesome resource this is, hopefully I can contribute to it as well in my own small way. :)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  20:12:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Finn

Hello all,

I'm amazed it's taken me this long to stumble upon Candlekeep, but I'm happy to finally be here. What an awesome resource this is, hopefully I can contribute to it as well in my own small way. :)

Well met, The Finn

Welcome to Candlekeep. Indeed, and we're glad we enticed another scholar of the Realms into our humble library. Tell me, where did ye learn of this place?

Well take a look around the many scrolls and tomes of Realmslore herein, for there is much knowledge to be learnt witin these halls.

Enjoy thy stay

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Finn
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  22:54:54  Show Profile  Visit The Finn's Homepage Send The Finn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by The Finn

Hello all,

Well met, The Finn

Welcome to Candlekeep. Indeed, and we're glad we enticed another scholar of the Realms into our humble library. Tell me, where did ye learn of this place?

Well take a look around the many scrolls and tomes of Realmslore herein, for there is much knowledge to be learnt witin these halls.

Enjoy thy stay

Over on the Paizo boards, someone mentioned a post Ed made on Candlekeep, and a quick Google search brought me here.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  13:18:48  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome The Finn.
I hope you enjoy yer stay as much as i have. Tis indeed a tremendous amount of knowledge stored herein these dusty tomes.
Go to Top of Page

Munch Bunch
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  21:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Munch Bunch's Homepage Send Munch Bunch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Peeps =]
big fan of Forgotten Realms books, read all ed greenwoods Elminster books ( except elminster daughter) which is on order now. read the shandril saga books very good and the seven sisters.

so i thought i may as well join a forum which has the same taste in novels =]
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  22:40:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  23:32:47  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Munch Bunch

Welcome to Candlekeep. There are many tomes and scrolls of lore herein to aid thee in thy quest for knowledge.

Enjoy thy stay

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Shirl Ravenlock
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  16:09:19  Show Profile  Visit Shirl Ravenlock's Homepage Send Shirl Ravenlock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings everyone, I am new to the forum. I just recently started reading Forgotten Realms and I just love it! I am currently reading IceWind Dale.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  17:10:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Shirl!

It's not too oft we see someone using a Shannara username in here.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  17:39:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Shirl Ravenlock

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad thou art enjoy the tomes of the Realms. There are certainly many on which to feast thine eyes and if thou art looking for recommendations, then please venture into the Novels area and we will be more than happy to help

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Shirl Ravenlock
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2006 :  04:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Shirl Ravenlock's Homepage Send Shirl Ravenlock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started on a Terry Brooks forum, so I just keep my name for all the forums I join. It makes it easier for me to keep track of. Hope you all don't mind?

And I am lookig forward to venture in the Candlekeep!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2006 :  07:33:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shirl Ravenlock

I started on a Terry Brooks forum, so I just keep my name for all the forums I join. It makes it easier for me to keep track of. Hope you all don't mind?

And I am lookig forward to venture in the Candlekeep!

It's a good name.

Go to Top of Page

Eryu
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2006 :  09:11:38  Show Profile  Visit Eryu's Homepage Send Eryu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*takes a tenative step into the forums*

...hallo :) My name is Eryu...I'm brand g'new and I'm an elf freak O.o

And I have been reading FR for a year and a half now and can't stop.

I am an writer, artist. I am 21, married, and will have been for 3 years in September :)

I'll admit...I know OF Candlekeep, but I haven't actually read any books with them...*cough* Arilyn Moonblade and Drizzt have had my attention for awhile ;)

Erm...I guess thats about it. I too keep a similiar name on all forums, pages etc. It's either Eriu or Eryu. Same name and person, slightly altered spelling and realm placement...

Lady to Lord Shadohnkh..
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2006 :  09:23:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Eryu

Welcome to Candlekeep. Oh readers and writers are very welcome herein Feel free to take a look around and our many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore. My fellow scribes will be more than happy to aid thee in thy search for the next tome to read.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Eryu
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2006 :  09:44:00  Show Profile  Visit Eryu's Homepage Send Eryu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou Alaundo for the warm welcome ;) Well I'll have to dig around when it's not so late :P heh heh...

Lady to Lord Shadohnkh..
Go to Top of Page

lockdar
Acolyte

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  21:05:34  Show Profile  Visit lockdar's Homepage Send lockdar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met fellow travelers of the Realms. After lurking around these great halls and hearing only tidbits of the knowledge contained here I decided to step into the light and partake in the more then interesting discussions Candlekeep has to offer.
I've been traveling and reading about these beautifull Realms for over ten years yet never had the will to actually partake in them. I hope I will not dissapoint you in the (hopefully) months and years to come.

Save yourself a penny for the ferryman.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  22:47:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000