Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Just Finished Prince of Lies
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  08:12:43  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well I just finished Prince of Lies, which was the last of the $1 Realms books I picked up recently.

I really liked it, especially the insight into all the Gods and into Zhentil Keep.

I liked Rinda and Gwydion alot it's too bad I just read Cruible so I know they meet their ends there.

I'm curious about the future fates of Zhentil Keep, Fzoul and Vrakk.

My only complaint was that some characters weren't developed at all before being killed off, which made their deaths not very impactful.

AND, I thought the end was rushed...especially Kelemvor taking over the God of Dead position after the rebellion in the Underworld.

I liked the surprise with the sword though!

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  08:21:17  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, onwards to the Sundering books! :)

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  16:27:19  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Read the Cloak & Dagger Supplement for more on them. And then the 4th E books have more from that point.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7973 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2014 :  06:08:44  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crucible is also an excellent read, even though it ends with a final resolution which is kinda predictable.

The first three books of the Avatar Series (aka the original Avatar Trilogy) were not so good from a fiction/entertainment perspective. But they are an invaluable source of old Realmslore about the Faerunian deities.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000