Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Migration and downtime
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  10:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

As most of you are aware, Candlekeep has been unavailable for a couple of days. The "catastrophic failure" error occured again; this is due to a limitation with the version of the web server with various sites using shared resources and application pools.

I have since had the forum moved to later version of the server which eliminates this problem. So we should be fine from now on

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  11:00:11  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All hail Alaundo, fixer of the greatest ever website/forum.

Life has been almost unendurable for the past few days without my beloved candlekeep

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  13:33:33  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Life has been almost unendurable for the past few days without my beloved candlekeep

I second this. I needed my Realms fix these past few days...

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  13:42:39  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By any chance, Sage didn't forget to lock the cage door to the gremlin pens again after feeding them, did he?

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?

Edited by - Xnella Moonblade-Thann on 13 Jun 2014 13:43:27
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  13:44:38  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xnella Moonblade-Thann

quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

I second this. I needed my Realms fix these past few days...

And I third it! May Oghma bless you even more than he has already!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  13:55:42  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Alaundo! Great to see Candlekeep back.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  14:55:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, was a little concerned at one point, but all is well now within the halls

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  15:14:43  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, for future reference, if you are ever desperate for a Realms fix and Candlekeep isn't available then the wiki is always looking for sages to edit pages.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  16:24:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The orange text and hyperlinks is throwing me...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  16:38:23  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kinda like it, but orange on black is never a good colour combination in the long run

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  16:53:36  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I find it makes for better visibility than the previous combination.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2014 :  17:27:58  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very glad to see the site back!

I was ineffectually doing CPR on the site (aka clicking the refresh button), but to no avail......
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2014 :  19:04:14  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So mine eyes are not deceiving me! I like the orange on black and the clearer icons!

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2014 :  19:38:44  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one getting extremely slow laoding times and the occasional '500 - internal server error' that won't allow the page to show up?

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2014 :  20:08:18  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am encountering 500 error sometimes and slow loading times the few times I load or post.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2014 :  20:11:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Am I the only one getting extremely slow laoding times and the occasional '500 - internal server error' that won't allow the page to show up?

No, I'm getting it quite badly, myself... I can't even delete duplicate posts.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2014 :  22:52:29  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Working fine here, and I kinda like the new colour scheme, switch up those dusty old scrolls with a little bling, yeah thats how I roll my quills.

I suppose my planeswalking experience might have given me a slight advantage. Candlekeep mysteriously disappeared from the Realms for a few days? Evidently momentarily transposed to the modron-occupied Demiplane of Archiving, no biggie.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2014 :  23:23:55  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

No, I'm getting it quite badly, myself... I can't even delete duplicate posts.

I was getting the same thing off and on. It's ok now, I just got back home but it was really bad earlier.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2014 :  03:09:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's running fine for me, now... But earlier, I was getting a lot of 500 Internal Server errors, and was having to refresh several times to get the pages up...

Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2014 :  07:49:37  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only had to deal with a couple of 500 Internal Server errors popping up, mostly having problems with slow loading time (especially when I try to access a new thread).
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2014 :  05:13:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

By any chance, Sage didn't forget to lock the cage door to the gremlin pens again after feeding them, did he?

Hehe.

It wasn't me. I haven't been frequenting Candlekeep as much as I used to because I've been assigned to work on a "Super-Secret Project" [for the last four months] that won't see the light of day until at least late October/early November. So I've not had the time for much else besides work, the Project, and family.

But with my part of the Project slowly finishing up, now, I should be able to return to reading/posting at Candlekeep. I have a few months' worth of posts to catch-up on.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2014 :  06:06:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Hehe.

It wasn't me. I haven't been frequenting Candlekeep as much as I used to because I've been assigned to work on a "Super-Secret Project" [for the last four months] that won't see the light of day until at least late October/early November. So I've not had the time for much else besides work, the Project, and family.

But with my part of the Project slowly finishing up, now, I should be able to return to reading/posting at Candlekeep. I have a few months' worth of posts to catch-up on.

Which, given Sagetime, means he'll get caught up in about 5 years.

Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  15:06:50  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Which, given Sagetime, means he'll get caught up in about 5 years.

i love how often we come back to sage time :)
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  15:08:43  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

As most of you are aware, Candlekeep has been unavailable for a couple of days. The "catastrophic failure" error occured again; this is due to a limitation with the version of the web server with various sites using shared resources and application pools.

I have since had the forum moved to later version of the server which eliminates this problem. So we should be fine from now on

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Good job Alaundo - but next time, try to see these things coming... what good is being a profit if you don't look ahead once in a while :P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000