Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Richard Baker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  19:35:38  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Afetbinttuzani, you might want to post your question here

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It may be a good idea to take questions to Rich over to his WotC thread. He's not visited this site in a few months, and it's been even longer since he posted here.

Agreed. I actually forgot to state that in my reply to Razz earlier.

'Tis probably best, since Rich has said that he wouldn't be as focused on answering questions here anymore. Instead, preferring to focus just on answering questions about the Realms on the Wizards boards.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Afetbinttuzani
Senior Scribe

Canada
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2009 :  19:45:42  Show Profile  Visit Afetbinttuzani's Homepage Send Afetbinttuzani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ashe.

Afet bint Tuzaní

"As the good Archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself."
- Danilo Thann in Elfsong by Elaine Cunningham
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2009 :  21:00:57  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello RB.

Well, I would like to thank you for your works. I've just read complete Last Mythal and I enjoy this much. Read this also help me in my game table, creating histories and giving my players more depth in elven character (There is 2 in my table).
This made me thoughtful of buy more novels. I'm planing to buy the books that tells Elminster history at amazon.com. The problem is that with the ship rate and the exchange Dolar/Real it's almost 5 times expenser for us in Brazil.
For last, I´m very sorry for my friends that can´t understand english. Here in Brazil, only Salvatore's Icewind Dale trilogy is translated, but many people like me could read more FR novels in english. And then, when rarely they do, they keep reading all Salvatore's or Greenwood novels, and just after more than 20 books they start reading other authors. For me was different, 'cause I love Avatar Trilogy and read this first.
My point is, I want made others autors of FR books, like you and Elaine, knowed here in Brazil. I want to start a association of FR books fans and I´m was wondering if you could send some message to brazilians, to persuade then to read your book. Maybe, with this, more people will buy your books, the market will grow up and maybe, the editors could translate some others books to the portuguese.

Thank´s a lot!

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2009 :  23:06:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ingo, in the interests of Rich seeing your post, you might want to consider shifting it over to the Wizards boards. As you can see from my and Ashe's posts above, Mr Baker isn't as active here at Candlekeep as he used to be.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2009 :  00:09:18  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh! Thanks!

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  15:10:40  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wondered if Rich had a homepage, a blog or a website.

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  16:52:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, he's got a Staff Blog over at WotC.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  17:42:34  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So easy !
Thanks again Sage

Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  05:03:11  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Mr. Baker still involved with the Realms or even at WotC? his last post was May 2008...

PS: which perhaps beg the question that questions should be asked on other author threads or even addressed internally... perhaps it's time for a "Question for the Sage" thread or somethin'...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  05:23:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Is Mr. Baker still involved with the Realms or even at WotC? his last post was May 2008...
He still posts on the Wizards boards. But he hasn't been back to Candlekeep since August '08. And he made it clear just before that time that he was intent on just focusing on comments/questions made over at WotC. Thus, his current state of silence here at Candlekeep.

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  20:02:11  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... weird.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  21:29:06  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a specific reason for this ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  21:49:01  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, maybe he didn't like all the author bashing that happened here.
Most likely the higher are keeping a close leash on him.
Sometimes the anti-4ed discussion here get a little heated.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  23:00:25  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
they get heated anywhere.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2009 :  01:28:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

Is there a specific reason for this ?

Mostly, it had to do with Rich being unable to keep up with questions made both here and at WotC. His work at Wizards was increasing at the time he made the decision to leave these halls, and he, rightly so, thought it best to dedicate himself just to one online venue for questions about the Realms and its development.

Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2009 :  05:13:47  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mostly, it had to do with Rich being unable to keep up with questions made both here and at WotC. His work at Wizards was increasing at the time he made the decision to leave these halls, and he, rightly so, thought it best to dedicate himself just to one online venue for questions about the Realms and its development.

Allright.
So, we could go on asking him question here in CK and do as THO do about Ed's questions if one scribe of us does the "copy/paste" action from CK to Gleemax threads and reversely...

So, next question for Richard please !... Who has one ?

La brute.com

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2009 :  05:51:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Allright.
So, we could go on asking him question here in CK and do as THO do about Ed's questions if one scribe of us does the "copy/paste" action from CK to Gleemax threads and reversely...
I suppose that's possible.

While it would really just be easier for scribes with questions for Rich to post them over at WotC, some members of Candlekeep don't have Wizards accounts. Thus, if they don't have Gleemax accounts, these scribes could post their queries here and ask any other scribes who, like myself, have Wizards accounts to relay their queries for them.

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Jun 2009 05:52:47
Go to Top of Page

ogonczyk
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2010 :  00:28:41  Show Profile  Visit ogonczyk's Homepage Send ogonczyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question to mister Baker. Does Sarya Dladrageth get involved in a sexual intercourse with the demon Malkizid in the Final Gate? thanks for the answer!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2010 :  00:40:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ogonczyk, please note the following re: Rich Baker's participation here at Candlekeep:-
quote:

quote:

quote:

Allright.
I suppose that's possible.

While it would really just be easier for scribes with questions for Rich to post them over at WotC, some members of Candlekeep don't have Wizards accounts. Thus, if they don't have Gleemax accounts, these scribes could post their queries here and ask any other scribes who, like myself, have Wizards accounts to relay their queries for them.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  07:01:46  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hiya!

I have a question concerning the Kur-Tharsu (Ogre Magi) of the lands of Thar.

In your article concerning Thar titled "The Tribes of Thar" you write that Kur-Tharsu means "Overlords of Thar"

Could you break down what the pieces of that mean? For instance, does Kur mean "Overlord" in Giantish, or King...or...?

I would greatly appreciate it!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  08:10:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dalor, please see my and Wooly's quoted post below.
quote:

quote:

It may be a good idea to take questions to Rich over to his WotC thread. He's not visited this site in a few months, and it's been even longer since he posted here.

'Tis probably best, since Rich has said that he wouldn't be as focused on answering questions here any more. Instead, preferring to focus just on answering questions about the Realms on the Wizards boards.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  10:35:43  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A pity that.

I had hoped to get an answer here...I'll email him and post his answer here if he replies.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2010 :  13:30:57  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich hasn't answered a question on the Wizard forums in about six months...
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2011 :  17:44:01  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, someday he might see this ...

Rich:

What decisions, adjustments, and/or retcons did you make to Aesperus to handle your use of him in Swordmage versus his write up in the old Moonsea supplement?
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2011 :  00:44:09  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you have a WotC account you might want to PM him. He will reply to his PM's. At least he has replied to mine.

There is also the WotC Bookclub...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 22 Jan 2011 00:50:20
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2011 :  01:01:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

If you have a WotC account you might want to PM him. He will reply to his PM's. At least he has replied to mine.

There is also the WotC Bookclub...

Indeed. His account here shows very little activity over the last lot of years. Better luck at Wizards, I think.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  01:40:09  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A new Jack Ravenwild novel in the works? It looks like it according to his wotc blog.....
This would sure be a good time for Rich to pop in here and get some love!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  03:08:22  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Last Mythal trilogy is my favorite book series!! For one, it is about te Eladrin/Elves of FR. The other bg reason os that ot also deals wth the Ruar-Tel-Quessir!! My favorite race!!! So, my question fr Richard Baker is hat does he know of any OFFICIAL Star Elf cities i Sildeyuir?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2011 :  03:23:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tradwitch, please see my and Wooly's quoted post below:-
quote:

quote:

'Tis probably best, since Rich has said that he wouldn't be as focused on answering questions here any more. Instead, preferring to focus just on answering questions about the Realms on the Wizards boards.

Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  14:10:52  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

A new Jack Ravenwild novel in the works? It looks like it according to his wotc blog.....
This would sure be a good time for Rich to pop in here and get some love!

Red Walker, do you by chance have the link to that bit of information? I scrolled over his blog but didn't see that part and I am terribly interested in this!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000